Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• cynthiaintx
    cynthiaintx Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2013

Thanks Sue!  Hey, I spent a week up in Colorado this past February.  Breckenridge - gorgeous!  Really had a wonderful time.  

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

JO - thank you!  Yes, the battle is won!  Ya know, think of how young David felt when he met Goliath - and that's my mindset meeting this enemy's disease.  Who is this, who comes against a child of the Living God?  Who dares this?  As David declared, "I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty!"

He is my Rock, my Healer, my Comforter, my Friend.... 

Aaaand the biopsy - I'm actually in more discomfort now than during the procedure!  The doctor was great in making sure everything was numb before going in, and that it stayed that way.  I was able to watch the whole thing on the screen, very very interesting!

I should have results tomorrow.  That's probably pretty good, because there's church tomorrow night, and it'll be nice to have people around me.

Wondering how Sue is doing...?

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Well I actually created this kind of "sling" out of some stretchy fabric, made a pocket... and that's how I'm holding the ice pack close to me.  Works great!

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Is it just me... or is anyone else amazed and concerned about how many women post on here about how frightened they are... how they don't have a support system... how they worry?  Perfect love casts out fear... I feel so sad for them.  However, it would probably be against board policy to privately reach out to them?  I don't know....

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2013

Dear Jo -5!!! Hi, there!! Your songs always uplift and encourage me!!!! So good to see you!!!

Dear Cynthia and Sue!!!! You both have amazing and positive attitudes! Throughout my cancer, a dear friend kept reminding me: Fear and faith can not reside together!!! Do not worry about anything, but pray incessantly about everything!!! Cynthia, so happy that your procedure is over and prayers for your results, that everything is good!!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Hi JO-5, great to see you here.  Post an update on DH when/if you feel like it.  I don't think I've heard that song but the words are wonderful.  Thanks for sharing.

cynthiaintx, I think most of us have posted at one time how we also are amazed that people try and make this journey without faith, stressing.  We have the Lord as our foundation which is why we may falter at times but not sink. 

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." --Philippians 4:6-7

Our Father gave up so much for us, His Son, so that we don't have to fear. 

Cynthiaintx, I would not PM anyone as you may (read probably will) get some pretty vile responses.  I think we keep this thread pretty active and so it's always on the 'Active' page and others can find us, or, like you, they may post on another thread looking for "us". 

Blessings friends.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited August 2013

Hugs and Prayers to Jo-5 and all of my fellow Warriors.

I would like to offer anyone who can use it, about 80 Tamoxifen pills.  I could not tolerate the drug and before I throw it away, I just wanted to be sure that one of my comrades might be able to use it.   PM me with your name and address and I will mail them right out to you.  Peace and Blessings to ALL today.  God is Good! 

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Results, and I have cancer!  But, for that disease, the results are about as good as can be - of the two spots biopsied, one is simply thickened gunk with no abnormal cells in any way, shape, or form.  The second spot, the one I could feel, is DCIS in situ, stage ZERO.  I was told it was very well contained, absolutely no spreading, and it was very small.  It's a lumpectomy that probably won't even need reconstruction.  I will still need radiation.  I'll still be out of work for about 3 week or so, but I have disability that pays 100% of salary.

So - you still get to see my bright and shiny face for a little while longer, and I still pray God uses me to encourage and uplift.  Praise the Lord, I am SOOOOO relieved! 

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2013

cynthiaintx…

Our God is so good.   Glad the 'bad' spot is small enough that they can remove it all..

Good luck with your radiation to kill any straggler!!!!

Vickie

• milehighgirl
    milehighgirl Member Posts: 397
    edited August 2013

Way to go Cynthia.  Bummer it's cancer but go girl - it's so small consider this a speed bump in the road.  Praise God!

Well ladies, I survived another lung draining yesterday.  A very long two days of waiting, waiting and waiting some more.  The doctor who did the procedure said it's likely to keep coming back until the Xeloda has a chance to kick in.  Since I just started with it, I'm hoping it will be sooner than later!

I'm also with you all on the PM thing.  I've PM'd people with words of encouragement but have NOT thumped my Bible at anyone.  My actions of kindness and encouragement are my witness.  Don't need the words Laughing.  The HS will bring those to us whom He wants us to minister to.

Prayers and blessings to you all.

Sue

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Dear Cynthia! Praise The Lord for your news! The radiation will kill off any rogue cells!!! God is so Good!!! Thank you for your positive attitude!!!

Dear Sue!!! Glad to hear that you are done with the lung draining!! Prayers are coming that these lung issues resolve sooner than later!! Thank you for always being so positive!!! Blessings to all !!

• cmbernardi
    edited August 2013

Cynthiaintx - so sorry for your news.  Just like all of our other Sister Warriors though, I am pleased to here that it is small and you will just have to take radiation.  I did radiation after Chemo and it was not bad at all.  You must moisturize several times daily though and be very diligent about it.

And Sue - all the best for clear and perfect lungs from this day forward.  We will all be praying for both you and Cynthia.

Peace, Luv, Hugs, Prayers and Blessings to all tonight and for everyday in the future.

• cmbernardi
    edited August 2013

Oh and by the way, the Tamoxifen is spoken for.  I am so happy that I do not have to just throw it away.  Nighteeeee ALL!

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Sue - good to know you got things taken care of, and hope you're better SOON!  Praying for your comfort and healing!

Thanks everyone for the kind words... It was kind of funny, when the nurse from the breast center called, she sounded very solomn, and I was kind of afraid... but when she said DCIS, I said "Praise God!"  She laughed, no one had ever reacted quite that way upon hearing they have cancer!  But really, if you have to get it.... ya know?  Tomorrow I'll find out the receptor information, and I'll get a surgery set up as well.  Guess I'll be spending labor day weekend just dragging around the house... well, apartment...

Had a great time at church tonight, worship was incredible, choir practice - I was able to speak about this whole thing, and I know there are many prayer warriors behind me! 

It IS a wake-up call though, for a lot of things.  I must change my diet, and drop about 50 lbs.  Quit the sugar, quit the artificial sweeteners, and just eat clean.  It's a wake-up call for my faith, also.  I'm just so amazed how the Lord can take someone to a higher level of relationship through a difficult circumstance.  We just have to trust and let Him do it!

Off to bed, have an appt. with my regular doctor, who is also my endocrinologist, tomorrow afternoon.  I have no active thyroid, so I'm wanting to know how radiation is going to react with my thyroid meds (Armour).  G'night and blessings to you all!

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Meet with a surgeon first thing Monday morning, and have it scheduled for Thursday morning.  Git 'er done!

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Hi, Cymbernardi!! So glad you found a taker for the tamoxifen!!! Hope you feel better and better each day!!!

Hi, Cynthia!! Things are happening quickly for you!! God is in control!! How wonderful that your prayer warriors at church are such a support system for you!! I know I could not have gone through my journey without my Lord,family, church family and friends!!!!! By this time next year, you will be a Role model and witness for others who are going through this!!!

Blessings and Hugs for all!!!!

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

So... question - for a lumpectomy, I'm wondering - how long will I be out of work?  I'm thinking at least what, a week? 

Anyone else?

• cmbernardi
    edited August 2013

cynthiaintx - I had a lumpectomy and it was about 5 or 6 days until I felt back to normal.  All the BEST!

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Aargh!  Stupid steri-strips!  I'm allergic!  Now I have a red itchy rash on my boob!  Yell

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited August 2013

My laptop went completely out and now I'm back on my old computer which for some reason ramdonly throws me offline which just happened after a long post so please know I am praying for each of you here.

• fondak
    edited August 2013

I am seeing how much I can get in by little bits at a time before I'm off line again.

Rocket, praying for you as you wait as well as your next scan.

Vicki, praying for your daughter and you.  Thankful to see how BESTOCK was able to encourage you in a way no one else could here.  Love how God uses our difficulities for good.

Kindergarten, Are the games still going?

• fondak
    edited August 2013

Welcome to all the new ladies here.  I am trying to read over the posts and will be praying for all of you here.

Patoo, Thanks for always encouraging us here!  How are you?  How is your son?  I think of him often and my prayers are with you both.

• fondak
    edited August 2013

Jeannie,  How are you doing?  I thought I may not have insurance here shortly but looks like I will so I am thinking again about the surgery.  At this point, are you glad you had it?  Hope your lung issues are better!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited August 2013

Hi, Fondak! It has been five weeks since surgery. My lung issues resolved by the third week. I am steadily healing and getting energy back. I still have a ways to go. I am very glad I had the surgery! I am still swollen in the tummy but my pants are looser. My boobs are real!

Prayers for you, cynthiaintexas.

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Hi to everyone here !! Prayers for healing, comfort and strength are being said for all of you!! Fondak, God is Good, our team is playing for the championship today! If they win, they will be the Babe Ruth Baseball World Series Champions!! They are all a wonderful group of boys, our grandson Stevie is a gem!! He had not played as much as he would like , but he never lost his smile!! Love you all!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Hi all.  cynthiaintx, glad you have answers and a plan.  Helps to know even if it's not what you wanted to hear.  I had lumpectomy also and only took a week off.  Really didn't need that long but why not!  I had also signed up ahead of time for FMLA having my BS say I may have to take intermittent time-off for a 6-month period.  Did that just in case but didn't need it.  Did rads, 6-weeks/33 visits but went to work every day.  Of course during that 6-weeks I was in bed each night by 7pm but I was okay at work.  Join us over on the Let's Post our Daily Exercise thread if you wish.  Quite motivating for all levels from light walkers, like me, to extreme (well to me anyway) exercisers.  Lots of fun.

Hi fondak, Kindergarten, cm, JO-5 (thanks for updating about DH), Jeannie, everyone.  Tomorrow is Sunday.  Love our Sunday school and the time for praise and worship (pastor is not too bad either!).

Blessings friends.

• cynthiaintx
    edited August 2013

Hope all y'all had a great time at worship this morning! 

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2013

cynthiatx

I enjoyed the time with the Body of Christ, Worship and communion. I am doing pretty well but have Liver pain(,mets to the liver) see the onc on tuesday. I hope tumors are not growing with Falsodex..

Becky

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited August 2013

Dear Bestock, I am praying for you. I'm sorry you are experiencing pain. I pray for wisdom for your docs for the right treatment. I care about you!!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited August 2013

Good Morning Ladies,

I haven't slept much and have been awake since 3:30 am. I decided that instead of tossing and turning, I should get up and start praying early this morning. My back is still hurting and I will be so glad to get the bone scan done at the end of September. I'm praying it all turns out NED.

Bestock, it was good to hear from you, and I am praying that tests show no progression of the liver mets. I'm so sorry you are in pain. I pray that the Faslodex is working without side effects. Let us know how your onc appointment goes.

Vickie, praying for you all today as you get the path results from your DD, Melody's, surgery. I can't imagine the ache in your heart for her. I would rather suffer than see my kids suffer. How God our Father understands that as He watched His own Child suffer. I pray for good results and for peace as you wait.

Fondak, great to hear from you, and sorry about your computer issues. Technology can be frustrating at times, but I'm also glad we have a way to connect with one another despite living far apart. Your son must be off to college by now. How is he doing? Did he move far away or is he living nearby? How are things going with your DH? I'm still praying for you.

Kathy, what awesome news about Stevie and the championship. You must have been SO excited! Congratulations! How are your DS and DIL doing?

Jeannie, I'm glad you are returning to normal after your DIEP. That's an answer to prayer. I'm sorry to hear about your DD and SIL's relationship. It's so difficult to watch our children struggle. How is your Mom doing and your friend Diana?

Patoo, praying for your DS and hoping The Lord will speak into his heart. Praying for his physical well-being also.

Cmbernardi, how are things going with the job hunt and home-buying? Both can be stressful, but I'm praying that you will be successful and that your heart will be guided by the Holy Spirit to just the right job and home. Have you had your oophorectomy yet? How is your Aunt Shirley doing?

Mini, I have been meaning to ask about your friend Jennifer and how her recovery is going. Also, how is your neighbor that lost her husband? Praying you are well and have opportunity to minister to these friends.

Jo, it's always good to read your posts. I haven't been on as much lately to post, but I do keep up with prayer requests and post when I can. How is your DH, Dan, doing?

Cynthiaintx, praying for your appointment today and then also for your surgery on Thursday. I pray for continued peace and quick healing. Your faith is strong and is evident. God's grace will carry you through. I'm so glad you don't have to wait long for your surgery.

Milehighgirl, I'm praying that your lung issues are resolved once and for all. Hoping that you recover more and more each day.

Jlow51, praying also for your recovery. How are you doing since your surgery?

Peace 777, Granna1948, Netter, and FridayGirl, I haven't heard much from you in a while. I'm still praying for you and hope things are going well.

May the Great Physician heal your wounds, give peace to your hearts and bless you with the knowledge of His presence. Loving all you Ladies today and everyday!