Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• jlow51
    jlow51 Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2013

Rocket and all o

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2013

Rocket,

Thank you for your prayers!!!! Will post my daughter's results sometime this evening...

I know our God is in controll!!!!!and He knows what is best for each of us...

Vickie

• jlow51
    edited August 2013

Sorry!! accidentally hit send!!!

So, now I walk this out and see how it plays. I see the plastic surgeon in Houston on Thursday. I did not see him after surgery he only talked to DH and DD.

Thanks for your prayers. You are included in mine!

Looked back....I will never try to type laying down again!!!!!! So sorry!!

• jlow51
    edited August 2013

Rocket and all you sweet, praying ladies, Thanks!! My surgery was last Tuesday. I guess I was expecting some razzle dazzle and I would wake up with some nice boobs!! Uh! Oh! The razzle dazzle did not happen!!! Exchanged my TE for an implant on leftie and was unable to do any work on my native side. Have a drain...yuck, and have had the worst congestion in my lungs. I am still coughing. I think without that complication, the surgery would have been easy.

I think my expectations were way over the top...but hey, God is all about doing above and beyond for us!! So I have come to expect those things from Him. So, now I walk this out and see how it goes!
    I will see the plastic surgeon Thursday and will know more.

Thanks again!! Thinking of y'all and praying for a great and wonderful day!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited August 2013

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it Jlow. I will continue to pray for healing without complications. Hang in there and let us know how it goes with the PS.

Will continue to pray throughout the day Vickie. Let Melody know we are praying for her.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2013

DearestBestock!! I am so sorry to hear about your liver pain!! On one of the threads here, someone said the pain might be from the tumors being blasted from the chemo, and that is a good thing!!!! I am lifting you up in prayer!!!

Dearest Vicki, Prayers for your dear daughter!!! Please keep us posted!!

Dearest Rocket!! I will continually pray for good results with your bone scan!!!

Dear Jlow!! Praying for relief of pain and congestion in your lungs!! I hope you feel better soon!!

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited August 2013

Dear Ladies,

Hello, I'm new to this thread and thankful for the prayers occurring here.

Could you pray for my up coming surgery on Sept. 5th? I finished 5 months of neoadjuvant chemo and decided to have a bi-lateral mx without reconstructon.

Thank you

• jlow51
    edited August 2013

Pease, will be praying!

• cynthiaintx
    cynthiaintx Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2013

Peace, welcome.  Of course I'll add you to the list! Smile  Prayers for you jlow too.

Well, surgical consult today.  Surgeon was great.  On the way out they hit me with a big bill!  Not so great!  To make a long story short, I haven't shed a single tear over this whole event until after that.  It was almost a no-go, but when I talked to my dad, he cut me short and said don't worry, it's done.  God bless him so much!!!!

Was at the hospital from 11 a.m til 5 pm.  Walked out of there with my tummy growling LOUD!

Friday.  5:30 a.m.  Ugh.  Now it's just waiting.

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Dear Peace!! Welcome to this wonderful thread! I am lifting you up in prayer right now!! I had the same surgery!! Blessings to you !

• Rocket
    edited August 2013

Welcome Peace, I have added you to my prayer list. You will get through this. I will pray for no complications and an easy recovery.

Vickie, we haven't heard from you regarding Melody. I am praying for her and your entire family as you process the information from the doctor. Please let us know how we can pray more effectively when you are able.

Cynthiaintx, PTL that your dad was such a blessing to you. God cares for all the details doesn't he?

Blessings to all you lovely ladies today.

• Vicks1960
    edited August 2013

Rocket,

Thanks again for your interest in Melody.  BY the time we got home last night I was too tired/worn out to read and digest the surgical report so will do so today.  She is to have a port put in on 9/03 and start chemo on the 11th.  She is to have treatment every 3 weeks for 6 cycles.  It will be later today, because my prayer group,from church, meets this morning (every Tues morning).

Again thanks to all gals praying for My DD.....

Vickie

• Rocket
    edited August 2013

Continuing to pray Vickie! Hang in there!

• Vicks1960
    edited August 2013

Dear friends!

Here is the update on my DD Melody.

The cancer started in her fallopian tubes and spread to the ovaries and uterus.  There were some spots (on outside not penetrating) some of the bowel.  1 of the 11 nodes was positive as well as some cancer cells scattered through the abdominal fluid. 

They are going to put in a Port on Sept 3 and she will begin chemo on 9-11.  will receive treatments every 3 weeks for a series of 6 times. 

She continues to be up beat and has a positive attitude and says God is in control.

On an upbeat note, her daughter (30) is getting married this coming Sat. in our back yard.  They have been together for 8 years and have  5 year old and 17 month old.  Glad they have decided to 'do it right'. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUING PRAYERS!!!!!

Vickie

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited August 2013

So appreciate your prayers!

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Dear Vickie!! Thank you so much for the update on your daughter! Her positive attitude, strong faith and wonderful family will get her through this journey!! Please know she will be covered in prayer!! Blessings to you!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited August 2013

Vickie, praying! Hope the wedding goes off without a hitch, too!

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2013

Bestock, how was your appt. today?

Rocket, praying for NED!

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2013

Rocket, my mom is fine but my dad is getting weaker and weaker. They recently celebrated 66 years of marriage. Can't imagine one without the other.

My friend, Diana, opened a bakery/cafe in Maine and is working, working, working. I am so happy she is getting such a great response to her "dream." No mets were found since her ovaries were found with bc, but her tumor markers have varied. I am still waiting to hear about her treatment. Thanks for asking!

• Rocket
    edited August 2013

Thanks Vickie for the update. I will continue to pray for Melody and hope the wedding is just beautiful. God will get her through this.

Jeannie, I've added your dad to my prayer list (notebook :-) ) it sounds like your friend Diana is coping pretty well. I continue to pray for her. I was born and raised in Maine. Glad to hear her business is going so well.

Have a blessed day all of you. Your concerns are being lifted to the throne of grace and to the One who is all powerful and mighty - our Everlasting Father!

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Dear Jeannie!! I am so sorry to hear of your dear father's failing health!! I am lifting him up in prayer right now and you and your family as well. It is so hard to watch our beloved parents decline in their health!! But we know Our Dear Lord is watching over us all and will never leave our sides!!! Your dear Mom and Dad are such wonderful role models for long and and happy marriages!! God Bless them and You!!! Kathy

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited August 2013

I thank you for all the prayers. The ONC PA said we will  do tumor marker and liver ezymes, she could not feel my liver.thinks it is other reaseon for the PAIN.

It is not hurting now, and I feel better. I am not depressed either. I credit the prayers and all the Love poured out for me. Thanks

note for DD melody I had stage 4 ovca in 2003, dx spt 11, I am still here no recurrances of OVCA and had 18 chemos. (then BC in 2006, another story) I pray she will do well like I did..

• Vicks1960
    edited August 2013

Bestock

Thank you so much for your encouragement.  I am going to copy and paste this in a note for her...;

Vickie

• cynthiaintx
    cynthiaintx Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2013

Hello ladies... encouraging, comforting prayers to everyone.  

By this time tomorrow I should be on my way home from the hospital.  NOT looking forward to it, but it is what it is.  Don't know why I have to get there at the horrible hour of 5:30 a.m.......

• Vicks1960
    edited August 2013

Cynthiaintx,

The reason you have to be there so early is so you can "hurry up and wait".)  Laughing

We will (at least I will)be praying for you and your medical people that all will go well..

Vickie

• Jeannie57
    edited August 2013

Cynthiatx, praying for you! It will be over before you know it.

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2013

Dear Cynthia!! Prayers for a very successful surgery, healing strength and peace are coming your way!! May you feel the Lord's presence every step of the way!! Blessings, Kathy

• milehighgirl
    milehighgirl Member Posts: 397
    edited August 2013

Bestock, great news all the way around!  Cynthia, it will be over in now time.  I love going in that early.  It means I'll get a good nap out of the deal.  Blessings and peace to all.  Sue

• jlow51
    edited August 2013

Cynthiaintx, thinking of you and praying for God's presence in the operating room!

• Rocket
    edited August 2013

Cynthia, praying for skill for the doctors, a good outcome with clean margins, quick healing and peace for your heart. God is right there with you, helping you every step of the way. We're here too, so let us know when you are able how you are doing.