Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2013

Hello Everyone! I’m praying you’ll have a very blessed Lord’s Day filled with comfort and peace.

I appreciate all who prayed for me. I’ve been without a fever for since Thursday evening and my daughter who is home from college is over her cold (and I didn’t get it)! Friday was spent with my husband and daughter going out to dinner together and yesterday I worked all day. I’m still not feeling 100% well but I’m much better than I was last week with the fever. Later today I have about a 2hr round trip drive since I’m driving my daughter back to Louisville where she attends school.

Last night I I read through about four days worth of postings and I’ve been and will continue to pray for you. If I don’t include your name here, you are not forgotten, for I’ve been working on my prayer journal to include you all.

Lovewins – I’m praying for safe travel as your head home from your parents and I’m praying you will have minimal side effects from your chemotherapy this week.

Sewstrong – Sharon – I hope you enjoyed your reunion last night. I’m so sorry this last week/recent chemo hasn’t been pleasant. I’m praying for better days ahead.

Saltyjack – Bev – I’m praying you’ll continue to do well. I’m praising God how well things are going for you.

Kate – I’m so glad you joined this group. Thank you for sharing your blog. I read your recent posting and I can understand what you going through with your doctor so casually changing the plan, seemingly not realizing on a deep level how this might affect you emotionally. I’m praying for you and this situation. I’ve never used them before, but there are websites that you can enter in your information and they will give the recommended treatment options. I’ve seen the links somewhere on breastcancer.org, but I can’t remember where. Perhaps someone here will know. Using one of those links may help you and it will give you more to discuss with your doctor. I’ve had to do this several times with some other issues.

Cynthiaintx – so glad you are doing better! I was born and raised in Ft.Worth and I still have family in the area.

ADJ – I’m praying you’ll do well with this recent procedure and upcoming physical therapy, and plans to work full time on your feet. What an encouragement to us how you are persevering with the help of our Lord! He is faithful and gets us through these difficult times.

Flowergirl – I’m praying you continue to do well with your chemo and that your side effects will be minimal.

As the week goes on I’ll be praying for those with upcoming surgeries. I thought the surgery was so much easier than the chemo – so those of you who have finished chemo, rejoice!!!

For those of you with recent surgeries, I’m praying that you are doing well and that you heal without complications!

And I’m praying for those with chemo coming up soon. Mine is this Friday 10/18 and it’s getting harder thinking about making my body sick again especially when it seems to chemo gets harder rather than easier for some. We just have to PRESS ON – remembering these are but brief difficulties in the big picture of things.

We all have so much going on, it’s actually wonderful to have this variety to broaden our perceptive, and for offering encouragement from experience, and prayer to help us now and in the future. God is most gracious, merciful, faithful, and good to help us in this way.

Concerning books – I appreciate the suggestions. I have read “Trusting God” by Jerry Bridges and it’s excellent! Also, when I was diagnosed, my son sent me this link and it came just when I needed it. I read it and thought, that’s what I knew I’d do but I could never express it that well. May this link encourage you all! (someone else mentioned reading the booklet which is good – this link includes more)

“Don’t Waste Your Cancer” by John Piper with David Powlson

http://es.desiringgod.org/resource-library/taste-see-articles/dont-waste-your-cancer?lang=en

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited October 2013

Wow, Deborahanne - you're pretty amazing! Getting through all the posts, busy at home with your family and reviewing everybody's prayer needs - thanks so much. Thanks also for the link to John Piper's article - what a blessing and so much good information to ponder. I'll definitely be reading and re-reading it.

A couple of the verses really touched me:

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us. II Cor. 1:9 (emphasis mine - for us all!!!)

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Ps. 20:7

Safe travels, Deborahanne and Lovewins - and prayers for your chemo tomorrow, Lovewins!

Patoo - how's your son doing settling in?

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2013

Hello everyone, I have been away visiting my aunt for a few days, I have just come back and there are loads of posts to catch up on.

Saltyjack, I will only be able to go to the support group every 4 weeks. I commute to Dublin every day, so will only be able to attend the support group on the morning of my treatment day. When I attended last week it was quite interesting to meet the other ladies. I was trying to guess how long they have been living with the knowledge of their diagnosis, as they seemed quite a mixed bunch. I was the only one who was working full time, and some of them said they wanted to go back to work but were not up to it just yet. I think that most of them are physically able to work, it is just that they are in shock and traumatized by their diagnosis and are emotionally unable to deal with their old jobs right now. It is very sad when you see a young mother whose children are less than 9 years old talking about how she doesn't want to leave them until she knows they are adults and able to look after themselves. The truth is that she might make it, we just don't know what the Lord has planned for us.

I will be back with the group on the first Monday in November. Please pray that when I go the RIGHT opportunity will appear to enable me to talk to these women about how God can help them through this. Our counsellor who is running the group is a lovely kind woman but she is not a believer. I don't want to thrust the Lord in their faces, but I do want them to be curious about Him. In recent years there have been dreadful instances of priests abusing children and being protected by the church. As a result there is a lot of cynicism about all forms of Christianity, and incredible distrust of anything to do with God. I am so angry at what has been done by people in His name, purporting to be His ambassadors. I am hoping that as I am not in deep depression, unlike most of the other ladies, they will be interested to find out from where I get my strength to carry on.

I hope you have all had a good weekend, goodbye for now.

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited October 2013

Wow...I miss a day on here and I feel like I missed a month's worth of information. Tuesday is my surgical radioactive seed implant so my breast surgeon can find the start of what would have been the formation of a tumor or lesion.

Kate: I too read your blog and can certainly feel your concern. I hope you don't mind me reading some of it but it is interesting that you and I have something in common. Both of lost lots of weight before our discovery. I had lost over 85 pounds since July 2011. Actually still losing. I had an incredible two years and as someone else on here said, my first thought was why now and all the questions about my future. I keep telling myself that I am no different then anyone else and I should be grateful for 59 years of a great life. I also realize that while I was convicted to get rid of my weight, I think God had another plan. When I mentioned losing lots of weight my breast surgeon told me that it was a big thing I forgot to mention. I asked why and she said because breast cancer feeds on estrogen and estrogen feeds on fat. She told me the best thing that could have happened to me was my change in lifestyle of eating better, getting physically fit and losing the weight. I think the past two years God has been preparing me for battle, and like a soldier and he wants me to be ready both physically and mentally.

Today, my pastor's wife and a couple other ladies in our church sang this song and it was almost as if they sang it for me. It was about facing trials in our life. I told her after church that I was having surgery this week and she said...God must have wanted that song for you and I didn't even know about your situation.

SaltyJack: I have started reciting your mantra. I hope you don't mind.

Sharon: I pray that adrenalin kicked in and pushed you past the discomfort and you had a wonderful time at your reunion. I am so glad that you pushed through and went.

A friend came by Friday evening when I arrived home from camp. She is a lovely Christian neighbor. I prayed that the Lord would send some other Christians to our neighborhood and lo and behold she walked into my garden one day to ask about a plant and we found out that we both share a love for our Heavenly Father. The book she gave me is a devotional called "Steams in the Desert' by LB Cowman. This woman was a missionary in China and Japan and nursed her dying husband for six years. I went to the day I was given my biopsy results and she speaks of the best things in life come out of wounding. Wheat is crushed before it becomes bread. Incense must be cast upon the fire before its odors are set free. The ground must be broken with the sharp plow before it is ready to receive the seed. It is the broken heart that pleases God, The sweetest joys in life are the fruits of sorrow. Human nature seems to need suffering to fit it for being a blessing to the world.

I thought of all of you as I read her enclosed poem.

"Beside my cottage door it grows,

The loveliest, daintiest flower that blows,

A sweetbriar rose.

"At dewy morn or twilight's close,

The rarest perfume from it flows,

This strange wild rose.

"But when the rain-drops on it beat,

Ah, then, its odors grow more sweet,

About my feet.

"Ofttimes with loving tenderness,

Its soft green leaves I gently press,

In sweet caress.

"A still more wondrous fragrance flows

The more my fingers close

And crush the rose.

"Dear Lord, oh, let my life be so

Its perfume when tempests blow,

The sweeter flow.

"And should it be Thy blessed will,

With crushing grief my soul to fill,

Press harder still.

"And while its dying fragrance flows

I'll whisper low, 'He loves and knows

His crushed briar rose.'"

My thoughts are always with each of you. For your surgeries, your chemo and radiation treatments, your sadness and your joys. May each of you receive kisses from heaven this week. Remember that each of you are like a perfumed rose.

Because He Lives,

Char

• saltyjack
    edited October 2013

Wow, Fridaygirl - lots to pray for - thanks. God has put you in a challenging place to bring glory to Him through everything you're going through. I have no doubt that both the counselor and the other participants will see the peace and joy shining through you. One of the points the pastor made in the sermon today was "Don't argue your relationship with Jesus. Live it." (Rom. 14:13). You will, I know!

Gardengal - love the poem....and the concept. So glad you have some Christian neighbors - I sure treasure mine. You are welcome to my mantra - except it's not mine, it's from The Red Sea Rules. Isn't it great - to think I am right where God wants me to be right now and that I'm in His keeping - for however long it is. I know I'll still get impatient but God's working on me! I'm intrigued by your seed implant procedure and will be praying. Fifteen years ago, my husband had prostate cancer and had radioactive seeds implanted - a one day, out-patient procedure.....no chemo, rads, nothing. Why can't they do that for BC? I know you don't have BC but I sure wish they would develop something similar for us!

God bless you all - hope we have a wonderful week!

SaltyJack/Bev

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited October 2013

Gardengal, What a beautiful poem. Thanks so much for sharing it. Also, how wonderful it is to have conversations like the one you did with that sweet, sweet lady. When I was obviously sick to those who would see me, I know conversations like yours with this lady were and so much more comforting to me than the well intended....I know you will be fine, just have faith, or God is going to heal you to give you a wonderful ministry. I would just say as lovingly as I could....Well, He didn't take away the thorn from Paul and I certainly don't have the faith of Paul who suffered greatly for the gospel. So, I don't know I'll be healed. I do know whatever will be, is best. Someone I knew, who really loved me said...Well, I have enough faith for both of us. No where in scripture could I find that I would be healed. All through scripture I could find that trials and suffering at a part of our life here and they have the wonderful purpose of glorifying Christ. Cancer is horrible and my flesh doesn't like it one bit but I know there is a beautiful aroma in this world from God's children with cancer that would be absent if not for cancer.

• fondak
    edited October 2013

I'm praying for all you ladies who are getting treatment today. I hope you walk out into the sunshine we have here this morning. That reminds me, my first fall after my diagnosis I was so thankful to get to see another one and I marveled at all the ways I could have not been here like car accidents, being at the Trade Center on that Sept 11 (I've never even been to NY but things can happen anywhere), other illnesses and so on. This is my 3rd Fall!!!! I was in treatment my first one. My second one, I was just going down the road and seeing the beauty of changing leaves one day, it hit me, I'm here another Fall! This will be, or is, the 3rd. I pray that we will be enjoying that same excitement in Fall 2015!

• fondak
    edited October 2013

Fridaygirl, What a wonderful opportunity. I will be praying for you and the ladies there. I will praying as well for the counselor. Please keep us updated! If you leave feeling you wish you could have shared more don't be discouraged. You never know how God is working and His timing is not always ours.....it's usually not mine! I am praying however that you do have the opportunity and God will give you the words they need.

• lovewins
    lovewins Member Posts: 570
    edited October 2013
    So true fondak...I have been giving what you said a lot of thought about no promise from God that I will be healed. I was afraid to really delve into those thoughts, but you have given me courage. I know God will work things out for His glory and His way in His timing. I trust He will do this. I hope for God's healing but I know it is His perfect will I need to trust. It is more frightening for me to realize this but I believe God is allowing me to grow in faith this was because my prayer life has grown. I am thankful for all the things He has shown me during this time, I am grateful for all He has done for me...bc has changed my life and the Holy Spirit is using this to teach me so much.

Right now I am getting my 3rd treatment. Praise God all my counts were excellent the only thing a little low was my plateletts. All my organs are also good according to my MO. I am liking him more and more each time I see him. Today things are going much smoother, not as much of a wait time and axcess to my port was easy. Time to change my bag... gotta go. Love you my sisters. God bless...M
  • keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    edited October 2013
    GG,thanks for sharing the beautiful poem.
    Deborahanne, thanks for the link to Don't waste your cancer. wow, puts things into a new light:).
    lovewins, great news on your treatment-you go, girl!!!

Praying that each of you have a blessed and healing week.

(((HUGS))
  • Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited October 2013

I really appreciate reading your posts! It's so encouraging! Since my 3rd chemo is this Friday, I'm anticipating being very busy up to then since I am feeling better. I'm planning to do some indoor painting today and tomorrow, then cleaning for a few days with a desire to freshen up the house for a restful time after chemo. I'm also planning on working several evenings at my flexible library job. I'm not sure how often I'll write but I'll still be reading through your posts and praying for you. "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

Here's one of my favorite old hymns for it reinforces how we don't always understand what God is doing but His way is always perfect and for our good (Romans 8:28). This hymn/poem was written by William Cowper who was a friend of John Newton who wrote "Amazing Grace". I've bolded some of my favorite lines.

God moves in a mysterious way

His wonders to perform;

He plants His footsteps in the sea

And rides upon the storm.

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;

The clouds ye so much dread

Are big with mercy, and shall break

In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,

But trust Him for His grace;

Behind a frowning providence

He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,

Unfolding every hour;

The bud may have a bitter taste,

But sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err

And scan His work in vain:

God is His own interpreter,

And He will make it plain.

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited October 2013

Hello fondak, I just wanted to say that I love your comment to GardenGal that there is a beautiful aroma in this world from God's children with cancer that would be absent if not for cancer. It helps to give a point to what we are all going through.

With regard to hoping for an opportunity to talk about the Lord to the women at the counselling group, I am only too aware of what happens if you speak out at the wrong moment. I have witnessed other Christians who did not choose the most appropriate time to talk to others about God. Often it falls flat, and the seed they hoped to plant just falls on stony ground. I keep questioning why I am in this position with incurable cancer, and since I attended the counselling group I am wondering if it is so that I can talk about the Good News to others who may be close to the end of their life. I am probably tempting fate by saying this, but at the moment I only have slight pain in my left leg and am not suffering the way so many others are. I hope and pray that in a few weeks time I will have the right words at the right time to plant a seed in the hearts and minds of some of the other women at the group. I first became a Christian all those years ago by watching another Christian woman and the way that she dealt with the problems that came up in her life, I really hope I can influence someone else in this way. SaltyJack has it right, don't argue your relationship with Jesus, live it.

• gardengal777
    edited October 2013

FridayGirl: I think when the time is right, the Holy Spirit will move you to speak. A teacher friend of mine died from breast cancer many years ago. I remember her telling me when she first found her lump. She did not want to go to her doctor because she was so afraid of what they would find. It was at the end of the school day. I could feel her sense of despair and I just felt so moved to speak to her about God. I told her that I did not have any answers to what she was going through but I did know of a Great Physician that did have the answers to all of our concerns. I also told her that while this life is temporary, I believed that we can confidence in stepping from this life into the next if we put our trust in God. I asked if I could pray for her and of course she accepted and then began to weep. She told me that she was a Christian and in all the years she has been teaching she was always in fear of speaking out about our Savior. And now she finds someone else that she can talk to along her walk. We spent many hours discussing her days to come once she was diagnosed with cancer. When no one else would bridge that conversation about her not being healed, we talked about heaven and what it would be like there. My point is, when the time is right, you will know what to say and when to speak. That is what is so wonderful about the Holy Spirit. He gives us courage and boldness when it is right. I will continue to pray for your group and that your light will shine so brightly that all of the will want to know what is the reason for your hope.

SaltyDog: The mantra is wonderful. I have been saying it whenever my mind wonders to darker thoughts. I also wondered about the radioactive seeds for breast cancer. I did read that they are used with great success for prostrate cancer. I will have to ask my breast surgeon why they are not used for breast cancer. I would think they would work in similar ways. I only know that mine has to come out when they go in to clean out my questionable breast tissue. I find it interesting that because I do not have a lump, they are calling my procedure a partial mastectomy.

Fondark: Thanks for your thoughts. You are right about the sweet aroma of suffering. Each of us needs to be that fragrance in the world of such stench and darkness. Fondark, I love that hymn. Some of my favorite are those good old hymns. I often think about the story of Horatio Spafford who wrote one of my favorite hymns, "It is Well With My Soul". If you do not know the story, it might touch your heart to hear how the song came to be. I sing this song often and now it holds even greater meaning. Go to the story with the white hair guy on it if you care to hear his story.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=story+behind+the+hymn+it+is+well+with+my+soul&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=F6E528858B02A17040D0F6E528858B02A17040D0

Always remember that no matter what the storms of life bring you, it is well with your soul because God is with you each and every day in this life and the next.

In Christ,

Char

• lovewins
    edited October 2013

that poem is so beautiful Deboranne, thanks for sharing...it reminded me of one of my favorite books "on Hinds feet to high places".

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2013

Please pray for a friend whose young SIL had a major coronary and died. He leaves behind a young family that is, needless to say, totally devastated by his passing.

I see the doc today. Very sore. I hope it is all worth it. Please pray for no complications and that my poor stomach feels better. The antibiotics are strong and killing my stomach.

Blessings

• lovewins
    edited October 2013

Mini1 So sorry to hear of your friend. I pray for the comfort and strength for you and her family.

hope you feel better soon.

• mankatostate
    mankatostate Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2013

mini- I have prayed and will pray for your friend and her family! We've had a few tragic young lives taken in the past few months at my old church so I know how hard it is to feel for a friend and wish you could be more there for them than you can right now. It also has reminded me that yes God has put this challenge before me, but so far he has spared my life and I need to remember what a blessing he has given me and my family.

So sorry you are not feeling good! I will also pray that you feel better soon!

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    edited October 2013
    Mini, prayers and good thoughts coming your way for your friend and family. I hope you feel better soon!
  • milehighgirl
    milehighgirl Member Posts: 397
    edited October 2013
    Mini, it is so hard to understand why God would call someone home so young. Prayers are with the family and with you. Antibiotics and ibuprofen killed my stomach as well so I can sure relate!
    Sue
  • Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2013

Thanks everyone. I may not be 100% yet but the doc was happy with things today. I can take a shower tonight. Yay. He says I should feel more like myself in a day or two. I hope so. I would like to make our girls weekend away with the family.

I feel so bad for my friend and her daughter and family. It seems so senseless sometimes. I know it will all be revealed to us in God's time, but right now it seems so senseless.

I hope you all have a week filled with God's blessings and tender mercies.

• gardengal777
    edited October 2013

Mini....how sorry I am for your friend's loss. I will pray for her daughter and family and her as well. It is never easy to lose someone you love and at such a young age. My prayers are also with you too. Where in Michigan are you located? I ask because my family has property near the tip of the mitt.

Well I had my procedure today. It was a bit comical and dramatic to say the least. This is a lead up for my big surgery on Friday. I had an encapsulated radioactive seed implanted at the location of my biopsy near the marker that was placed in my breast. Because radiography is getting so much better. they are detecting breast cancer much sooner, before the tumor has actually had a chance to form. This is true in my case. I did not have a tumor but calcifications that form in a circular pattern and look like little dots in the shape of a ring. Because there is no lump, it is much harder in some ways for the BS to find what needs to be removed from the area. So they implant the seed so that when she goes in, she can remove all the tissue around the seed as well as the seed. The seed can not be in any longer than five days. Thus the reason for doing it before surgery. The procedure is done with a local anesthesia. They first take mammogram pictures and then put you in a chair, wheel you up to the mammogram machine and compress your breast. You stay in the compressed hold. The one side of the plate has a rectangular cut out and your breast tissue sticks out of it once they have you in the correct position. Then they numb you and give you the local anesthetic. If you are needle phobic, you don't want to look. They insert a 7 inch tubular shaped needle into your breast. On the end of the needle is the radioactive seed. After that they take pictures to see if it is in the correct position. They reposition you by removing the plate turning the machine so you are being compressed from top to bottom instead of side to side. They take another picture and if it is okay, they inject the seed. If not the move the needle around again until they hit the target. Interestingly, I have a doctor that is interning and the head radiologist is supervising her as she does the procedure. She injects. They take more pictures to make sure it is in. They run a Geiger counter over you to see if you are radioactive.

The comic part for me was as follows: I am no way needle phobic. I have been have had my share of needles stuck in me mmore times then I care to count because my veins roll. One time a gal stuck my 13 times while my dad watched through a glass divider. I held up my fingers up to indicate the number of times to him. Anyway, I was not sure if I was allowed to eat for this procedure or have fluids so I ate breakfast at 6 AM and drank my last fluids. I went to work and taught three physical education classes of which I ran with my kids in each for their warm up. My hubby picked me up and drove me to the breast center. When I got there the smell of yummy food permeated from their café on the floor below. I swear it was coming up through the vents cause we could smell it in the waiting room. I was fine through the entire procedure until the had to reposition the plate. My arm was numb from holding on to the mammogram bar and not moving. When they moved me I got a hot flash, plus I think my glycemic index crashed and I got lightheaded. I told them I was getting dizzy so they remove the plate over the needle and while one doctor holds my breast with the needle sticking out and the technicians are lower me in the chair. One of them breaks out the smelling salts. I can smell it and tell her that she does not want to put that under my nose or I will have a jerk reaction and this doctor will end up losing the needle position. So she backs off. I said, let me get some blood to my head and I will be good to go in two minutes. I tell them I have not eaten or drank anything since 6AM. So they get me some ginger ale and I am good to go. I tell them to hoist me back up and get this over with. So she repositions and away it goes; They run the Geiger counter over my breast, take some more pictures and I begin to emit a glow. I made up that last part. I begin to beep just like in the movies. It was pretty comical. I was laughing it off and they were panicking. I was mumbling under my breath," I am here...by God's appointment...in His keeping....under His direction...and for His time". Thanks for sharing that with me SaltyJack; it really helped.

I told them I don't do anesthesia very well and it makes me feel whacky. Gee I can't wait till Friday....he he. The technicians were so apologetic for having to keep in the mammograms crushing grip. I told the technician that I would never ever again complain about how uncomfortable a mammogram is. She asked why, and I told her that had it not been for my mammogram I might be in a far different situation today. This is my story. Part two on Friday.

Hugs to all of you today. May God give you comfort and rest. May He wrap you in His arms and give you sleep and peacefulness. May His grace and mercy overflow and cover each of you. May you rest in the assurance that He has it covered.

In Christ,

Char

• saltyjack
    edited October 2013

Wow, Char - quite a day! That mantra really helps, though, doesn't it? The day I had a PET scan, MRI, ultrasound and EKG I probably repeated it about a hundred times - bet you came close to that today. Best of all, you get to look forward to Friday, right - or are you under anesthesia for that? It's still great that they were able to diagnose you so early - and I'm thanking God for all the doctors, researchers and scientists who continue to work toward a cure for this disease.

Today some of us from the August chemo thread got a jolt - we learned that one of the ladies on that thread died last week. She actually had a recurrence and had originally received treatment in 2011. She had TNBC like Sharon/Sewstrong - we have to remember to pray for advances in treating that type of BC. Diet and exercise isn't really all that satisfying to have as the sole option!

Mini, so glad you're doing well - you're near the end of the journey! It's certainly devastating for your friend and her family in the loss of someone young. I have a dear friend at church who is suffering terribly with Stage IV lung cancer - uncontrollable pain and she's been undergoing chemo, rads, etc. for 14 months and yet the cancer is still metastasizing throughout her body.

Sweet, peaceful dreams - may we all feel God's comfort and presence in just the way we need it.

• gardengal777
    edited October 2013

SaltyJack: I am so very sorry to hear about the other woman that died. Sadly, there are women each day that pass away from breast cancer that we never hear about.. While, I know none of you personally, it all seems so personal. I am sure you must feel such a connection to many of the women on this site too. And to hear of someone losing the fight makes each of us a bit more aware of our own mortality. Praise God I know that the end of this life is just the beginning of the rest of my life. You are right in that we have to pray for other types of cancer and their cure. While we make progress in one area, we need to pray for advances and cures in other areas too.

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2013

I join my faith with you all for advancements and cures for breast cancer and all others. So humbled by how powerless I feel over this intruder in my body and how powerful the Great Healer is.

God sent me to an excellent phys. therapist who seems to see me as a whole person in need of what he can offer, the stretches, strengthening, hope for return to full use of my body after surgery. We are expecting our 1st grand baby by Feb. so I am not just gearing up for return to full time work but much more, including praying my daughter in law into the kingdom.

Goodnight all, Anita

• KateW
    KateW Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013

Good morning, just wanted to say thank you for your posts and prayers. Isn't it amazing how you can physically FEEL prayer? I don't think I have ever before I was diagnosed. Yet another blessing! I think I have made the swing towards feeling better from my third round. Having coffee even though it tastes horrid still but makes me happy for the routine.

Thank you again! I LOVE this board. I too am so sad to hear about Julie. You really do form relationships especially praying for people - but in the long run, I think it makes for a better place!

Kate W

• lovewins
    edited October 2013

Kate I so agree with you about feeling lifted up in prayer I was amazed the first time I felt it and everytime I have felt it. I was shocked to hear about Julie too.

I am on day 3 of my 3rd treatment...I must be doing better because the 1st time I couldn't even type. Thank you for all the prayers ladies, I know I will be in bed all day that is ok...I just pray I can keep the nausea away.

Prayers for all those suffering with SE or emotional issues. God be with us all.

• fondak
    edited October 2013

lovewins, It's great to hear you are able to type today. My 3rd day was the worse and then it would just get better from there for the rest of the week. I pray your week just gets better!

mini, Sorry to hear about the loss in such a young family.

Also, sorry to hear that many of you lost a friend from another thread here.

• lovewins
    edited October 2013

Thank you Fondak...I hope so too!

Praise God!

• fondak
    edited October 2013

There is a conference going on at Grace Community in California called Truth Matters Strange Fire. It is 3 days and you can see the schedule and watch it live for free at www.tmstrangefire.org. Joni Eareckson-Tada will be speaking at 1:30 which is 3:30 here. I wish I had thought of this sooner but I am excited about the entire conference!

Hope you all are having a good day!

• saltyjack
    edited October 2013

Thanks, Fondak, for the link. I read a couple of Joni's books 30+ years ago but hadn't heard her testimony recently. Her faith and perspective on suffering sure put the "metal mouth" that I've been resenting for the past 4 days (it didn't bother me with the first two chemo treatments so I guess it was a bit of a surprise this time) in its proper place. Get over it and stop whining!

Yes, Kate and Lovewins - I'm still struggling with "thank you, God, for BC" but I've never felt so close to Him, felt the power or prayer or recognized that we're strongest - in His strength - when we're weakest.

Big day Friday for Gardengal and Keepthefaith - prayers for peace for you and wisdom for the doctors with your surgery; and Deborahanne - smooth chemo with no pesky SE!

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Fortress, I will not be shaken." Ps. 62-5-6.

Night all!