Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited November 2014

Dear Sisters!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS, AND KIND REMARKS!! My granddaughter, Cassandra, came through her 5 hour surgery just fine, and now can get on with healing!!! Our God is so good!!!

Vickie

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited November 2014

Vickie, that is great news! Continued prayers for Cass and for you.

Angie, that was a great meditation on Joshua 1:9, I loved it. One of the challenges I've had through the BC journey is that I've not had a real sense of his presence. But my faith hasn't faltered, because my years of experience tell me that his promises are reliable. Even if I don't feel him here, I know he is, and he will never leave me. I know it as a fact.

Here is a new promise for today:

2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV

[9] But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. " Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

His grace is enough.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited November 2014

Vickie, That is great news. One big obstacle out of the way and now we will pray for emotional and physical healing for Cass. You and your family will continue in our prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Mags, That is a powerful scripture. Paul was such a model for us as he suffered so much for the sake of Christ. We are asked to die to self so that Christ's power will increase in us. I think that dying to self is one of THE most difficult things for humans to grasp because it is totally opposite of the secular world view. We want to be IN CONTROL. When we are weak our egos are set aside and any victories that we experience have to come from God. We all go through these times where God allows us to be out of control and certainly in our bc journey we can do nothing of ourselves. It is ALL God who gets us through. It is a continual growing of faith muscles when we are experiencing these times. He is always perfecting us into His image and it seems the only way He can do that is when we check our egos at the door and let Him have full control of our lives and certainly our bc journey.

Will write more later. Another sleepless night where my days and nights get pretty much mixed up. I am not worrying about anything. It is a hormonal thing I think. I am considering switching my cancer drug back to morning. It tends to make my heart race which is not good for sleeping.

Have a great day everyone and night for Debbie.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2014

God is so good dear ladies. I had my 3rd of 12 weekly infusions,of Taxol this morning. It went very well. Took a lovely long nap this afternoon. So far just some minor finger sensitivity and achyness. My port is healing nicely and I am so blessed not to have to worry about veins. I think the chemo nurses are happy too. The chaplin came in during the infusion and prayed for the chemo and did contemplative prayer with hubby and I. She just radiates peace.

I am so blessed. Love, Jean

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited November 2014

So thankful this missed my brother and his family by two blocks in Chicago by Midway Airport!

Thankful the couple in the house escaped. I so hope the pilot believed in God as he did not survive.

• magdalene51
    edited November 2014

Just a quick reminder about His promises:

2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV

[20] For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Good morning, dear sisters.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Hello fellow warriors,

I know we are entering the Holiday season and many are experiencing very cold temps for this time of year. It is a busy and stressful time for many of us as we approach this season. This scripture has been one of my standards through many tough times and it will continue to be so. Phil. 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Especially those who have a to do list longer than your arm and dealing with treatments and side effects you may wonder if you will ever get through this time with high expectations for a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. I would say to try to give yourself a break in expectations. Let others do for you if there are others around you that can do so. Enlist some help from your family and dole out responsibilities as best you can. For many of us we are either hosting or traveling during these holidays. If you are hosting maybe consider a potluck where other family or friends bring a dish to pass. For those of us traveling we can ask for protection as we are on the roads during a season that can be challenging with snow and ice. Get plenty of rest before hand.

Mags, praying for you for you biopsy tomorrow. Praying you can get another apt for your LE. Praying that you will start to feel the presence of the Lord. It is so difficult when He feels far away.

Mini, How are you feeling. I sure hope much better. Prayers dear one.

Polly, so glad your brother's family was protected from that horrible plane accident. I live in a suburb of Chicago and of course it was all over the news. Very fortunate for the elderly couple who I understand were 8 inches from the crash as they were in bed asleep but of course the last trip for the pilot. A very sad situation indeed.

Kath, Praying for your leg pain.

Jean, So glad you seem to be doing well with your treatments. PTL

Angie, Praying for your fatigue. How is your acid reflux and back pain doing?

Char and Sharon, I know how crazy the students get at this time of year. Praying for strength and patience as you deal with all of that.

Bev, how is your new foster dog doing? I think this is a big week for you soon.

Lucy, Hang in there girl. You do more than most people that aren't dealing with health issues.

Debbie, I imagine you are familiar with Celtic Woman. They are coming to my town and I probably waited too late to get tickets. I have seen them twice and just saw their Christmas special. Glad you are doing so well. Keep having fun with your patchwork quilts.

Ginny, How are you doing so far with your treatments?

Anita and Becky how are you both doing? Praying for you both and your treatments.

This is Kate W's big fundraiser this weekend. Let's prayer for a miracle of financial giving as this family needs this desperately.

Vickie, How is Cass doing in her recovery? Prayers still for you and Cass and the family.

Carolyn, Hope you feel free to jump in any time that you have a need or a praise. We would love to hear from you.

I will be traveling to stay with my mom for a week or so. I still do not know my plans yet. I was having some issues with my biopsy site and I talked to the doctor this morning. I was thinking it might be infected but we are going to take a wait and see approach. I was having more pain where at the beginning I had none and it was getting quite red but it sounds like that is normal stuff hopefully. The doctor mentioned nothing of the biopsy results so I am assuming she doesn't have any yet. My rashes are fading and the itching is very minimal so I so thankful for that. Having a terrible time with sleep issues and than has been a challenge but other than that I am definitely on the mend and praying for good biopsy results.

Have a good day and evening for Debbie.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

I have a very sweet and thoughtful friend who has brought me flowers many times during my bc journey. She came with a half dozen roses yesterday. They are gorgeous so I thought I would experiment with some indoor photography which is new to me. Hope this brightens your day.

Love,

Nancy

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2014

Nancy, oh my goodness that is a GORGEOUS photo! Yiu have a gift !

Praying for each one of you individually. My legs are still bad. I am leaving work by 3:30 though and come home....transform from working woman to a bald one wrapped in sweats, heat wrap on neck, slippers that heat up, etc. I made myself walk the dog with DH tonight. I have to stop every 10 steps. Not out of breath, just legs feel like cement

Honestly though I am so blessed....there are so many on these threads feeling horrible, hurting, and more

I agree I can do all things through Christ. If I have to live like this for a few months, I can.

Good news....got approved today for free cleaning. I applied about 6 weeks ago. Will have it once a month for 4 months. If interested, google cleaningforareason.org. Mine is through MaidPro

Back to work now.....(from home). It has gotten cooler here which is so nice.

I hope everyone is well today. Again, praying for all individually. Mags yiu especially for tomorrow

Gentle hugs and strong prayers

Kath

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited November 2014

Just dropping in to check-in and say hey to my sisters. The flu is gone. Staying warm is the challenge now. :-)

Blessings

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited November 2014

Here are a couple pics from the Winter Jam concert. The bottom pic is me and my BFF standing in the cold...crazy girls, what were we thinking.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited November 2014

Polly, glad your brother's family is ok. Praying for the pilot and his family.

Nancy, love the photo.

Mini, glad you are feeling better. Wish I could send some of the warmth out here to you :-).

Mags, praying for you for you biopsy tomorrow.

Kath, praying for you aches and pain SEs, specifically in your legs.

Lucy, love the picture! Wow! I now that seems like it was an anointed spiritfulled concert filled with awesome and incredible praise and worship with so many brothers and sisters there!

Taxol #4 of 12 done. Infusion went very well. They had a hard time locating a vein -- took about an hour, but once found got in first stick! I haven't gotten a good nap in like I usually do so going to bed early as I have work tomorrow.

I am pulling on the promise I can do all things through Christ as I fight the SEs of thsi chemo and prepare for the next one and the holiday's which will be hoste at my house. This was planned long before I was dx and we decided to keep it here. It is a blessing that my Mom, two SILs and my sister are stepping in an handling all the planning and hosting and potluck arrangements. Love Family! Nancy, you are right I had to humble myself and quickly learned to ask for help or just hand over control.

Hugs and prayers always!

-Angie

• SpiritBlessing
    edited November 2014

Nancy great advise for the holidays.  I know last year at this time I was just starting my chemo and I am a giver and not a very good receiver so it was really a stretch for me.  My family was great and frankly I didn't have to worry about it much as my daughter did everything and I was very blessed.  So this year I am hoping to help others being as I am able so I will be helping my brother and his family as his daughter who is 22 has been dx with her second recurrence of osteosarcoma which is a very harsh bone cancer.  She was first dx 6 years ago and has gone through a very hard time.  She has decided just yesterday to no continue with the chemo treatment that they said she needed to do.  They said it is very hard on her liver and kidneys so she did one round of 3 chemos and decided she didn't want to continue.  So my brother asked if we could have dinner at his house and of course I said we would be there.  It will be a hard one for the family I am sure.  No one in his family is a strong Christian although they were when my brother was married to their mom and things just got bad and then they divorced. My brother became very bitter and when she was dx 6 years ago he decided that there was no God to allow his daughter to get sick like this.  So please keep them in prayer.  I am working on talking to her mother as she is the one who has told me that she needs to ask God into her life.  She is bitter and feels God doesn't like her and never did being as He allowed to have this happen to her.  It's all very sad and I have to pray about the opportunity to talk with her about this.

Also, very pretty picture...thanks for sharing.

Mema that was a very bad accident, we saw it on the news.

Mags praying for peach and comfort before and after the biopsy procedure.

Well need to head to bed have to get to Curves at 6:45 and morning comes so quickly. 

My promise is my favorite verse I found at the start of my journey which is also my profile verse:

Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you.  Isaiah 41:10

Blessings Abundant Warriors...Lucy

• ladyb1234
    edited November 2014

My promise verse for tonight:

“The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” —Deuteronomy 31:8.

Blessings,

-Angie

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited November 2014

Prayers, Hugs and Blessings to each of you this day. Ask big, God gives great gifts!

Char

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Hello lady warriors,

My promise I am standing on today comes from Isaiah 26:3. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee.

Praying for you today Mags. Let us know how things went.

Thank you Kath. So glad your cleaning came through. You will LOVE it. I certainly have.

Lucy, Wow all those people. I have never been to a Christian concert is such a big venue. Your smile could light up the whole stadium!

Mini, PTL your flu is done. Happy for you for that.

Angie, I love that verse. I sort of think of a guide leading troops through the jungle. God goes before us and knows every danger and every trial we go through BEFORE we go through it. He can equip us how to handle it. Very comforting.

Char, Blessing to you and your family. Hang in there.

Bev, Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you are doing okay.

Have a great day everyone. I can see the sun today. It hasn't been out much lately and it is a blessing when I can see it. PTL

Have a good night Debbie.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Deborrah, Thinking about you today. Know you are not forgotten. I still pray for you and for David's salvation. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. You were always such a blessing to me and I know your light shines brightly for all that are around you.

Love,

Nancy

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2014

Nancy, thank you for your kind words, prayers for my husband, and for all the encouragement and prayers you give on this board! I think about and pray for you and others often as I read the postings through my email. I'm sorry about you getting the shingles, I hope you are healing from that. I also saw that you are gluten sensitive and I had been wondering if that could be the cause of your GI problems. And I saw that you mentioned having a biopsy but then I was lost not knowing what you had biopsied. I'm continuing to pray for your health! Love, Deborah

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2014

Dear Ladies,

It's been a long while since I've been on this site. Last night I got on and posted a picture on the "Hair, Hair, Hair" discussion board in hope of encouraging others who are waiting for their hair to grow back. I've been trying to keep up with you all through reading your postings via my email. I must admit that It's gotten a little harder to keep up with everyone and what's going on, but I'm still praying for those who are going through chemo, praying for those having hard times with loss of a loved one and family members who are struggling with illness. My heart is grieved hearing about loved ones struggling with cancer and not knowing the LORD, I'm praying for them as well as other unsaved family members. I'm praying God will open their hearts so they will desire and yearn for Him and I'm praying God will place people and situations in their lives that will drawn them to the truth and that they will be saved for all eternity. Thankfully, your postings also give opportunities to praise God. We are incredibly blessed to know the One True God! May others come to know Christ as we witness His unfailing love and care for us!

I am doing well staying very busy with my job, church, and leading a Ladies Bible Study. I'm getting ready to travel a 1000 miles this weekend to Texas to visit my mom, brother, and one of my closest friends, Elissabeth. She was diagnosed with breast cancer almost a year ago. It's been a long hard year for her going through chemo, double mastectomies, and recently radiation, AND, I'm really excited to say that on this same trip to Texas, I'll be seeing our beloved sister from this very board, Bev! My friend Elissabeth hasn't wanted to be online with a group of women going through cancer, but thankfully she and Bev have connected and Bev has been very helpful in ways that I wasn't able to be. So the plan is that next Wednesday, Elissabeth and I are meeting Bev in a little town located in the middle of Texas. I'd appreciate prayers for safe travel as I spend almost 38 hrs on the road traveling to Texas and back home. My daughter Emilee is traveling with me. My husband is unable to go because of his job. Here's a picture of my daughter with me as we were celebrating her 21st birthday last month. Lord willing, I'll be posting a picture in about a week or so with Bev and me! May God bless you all and give you strength to endure even those most difficult trials while giving you inner joy and peace as you consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. (Romans 8:18) Love, Deborahimage

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Hi Deborah,

What a great pic of you and your daughter. So good to hear from you.  I am glad to hear you are doing well. I will pray for your long trip. That is a lot of driving. That is really neat that you are going to get to see Bev as well. I am glad that Bev and your good friend have connected. I know Bev is so encouraging and I am sure she has been a great blessing to Elissabeth.

I too have been praying especially for Lucy's niece and for her parents. They need the Lord now more than ever before and I am praying that the Holy Spirit will use Lucy to talk to them and for them to realize that God is a loving God. It is so hard to see that sometimes when we are deeply disappointed and hurt by the events of this fallen world.

I was able to get out today and get to several stores. I have been very careful as I didn't want to endanger any little kids or pregnant ladies. My rashes are disappearing. I had two different ones. The secondary one may remain a mystery.  I am not quite myself but hopefully when I get back from Thanksgiving with my family downstate then I will be able to resume swimming. I had just worked up to my half mile recently so shingles set me back again.  I had to consult with a dermatologist because when I had shingles there was a disagreement between two of my doctors that it just happened that I saw a day apart. I had a spot near my eye and one doctor thought it was shingles and the other did not. The dermatologist was to be the final rule. She ruled that it was not shingles near my eye but found a place on my chest that I have been quite concerned about recently. She thought it looked like skin cancer so she biopsied it last Thursday night when I saw her for the first time. I talked to her yesterday as I had feared the site was infected. She didn't say anything about the results and I didn't even think to ask so I am still waiting. She will do a full body scan when I see her in December again for a follow up. I have eaten gluten free since finding out a year ago in March that I was severely gluten intolerant. It was a shock as I had not had any GI problems for a long time but do have a history of IBS. I did this very expensive blood test that there is only one lab in the US that does this test. I reacted to many, many things and did a food avoidance diet for six months and lost 25 lbs in the blink of an eye and proceeded to get really sick because of the rapid weight loss and my bp meds. I can now eat anything except not any gluten products and I try to avoid dairy.

Well again, it is great to hear from you and I will be praying for your trip and will continue to pray for salvation for David.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Hello to all,

Today I am grateful that my biopsy was benign! PTL

Love,

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited November 2014

YAY Nancy!

• magdalene51
    edited November 2014

A promise for today:

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Thanks Polly.

Mags, I love your post. I am claiming that for all of us today because it is truth. Praying for you for quick healing and a good result.

Love,

Nancy

• magdalene51
    edited November 2014

Just got results – they are benign, just fat necrosis. PTL. I will see the rads onco next Wednesday. Thank you all, for your prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

PTL Mags. A happy dance for both of us. I just found out mine is benign as well. Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!

• SpiritBlessing
    edited November 2014

GOD is sooooooooo good! What a blessing today is to hear such wonderful news for our sisters. Continue having a blessed day Warriors...loves to you all.

Lucy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited November 2014

Joining you all doing the happy dance for my sisters!

Blessings All!

• ladyb1234
    edited November 2014

PTL for the awesome reports. GOD is good! It is a blessing tohear this awesome news! Have a blessed weekend.