Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Deborahanne
    Deborahanne Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2014

I'm rejoicing with you all on these good reports!!!!!

May these words of the Psalmist resonate with us all as we consider the goodness of God.

"I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me." Psalms 13:6

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited November 2014

Good new Mags!  Happy dancing!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2014

HappyThumbsUpNerdySo so full of praise for all of the reports dear sisters!!!!

I loved reading each and every one.

God is good. All the time.

All the time. God is good

Hugs

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited November 2014

Mags, this is snoopy doing his happy dance for us. It is supposed to be animated but you will have to use your imagination. I think I was more excited hearing your news than hearing mine. Anyone else who has something to celebrate join in on our Happy Dance!  Have a great weekend.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2014

Bad night, throwing up with D until 4am. I got scared I would have to go to the ER but it finally stopped. Drinking some Gatorade to restore electrolytes. I think it was,something I ate, not the chemo. Glad that is over. Hubby went back to sleep, was up with me till about 2am. Poor guy didn't know what to do as I was yelling and crying from the pain and fear. I will try to just rest today. May go to church tonight if I am up to it. 4th Taxol with herceptin/perjeta added scheduled for Monday. Will be a long day as I see my chemo doc first. Hope all is well with you dear ladies. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

This is my promise for today from Romans 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Love,

Nancy 

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Jean, Hope you are feeling much better today and get to go to church tonight.

Praying for safe travels for Deborah and all others who may be traveling.

Love you all

Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited November 2014

Good morning dear sisters. Just received a Thanksgiving card from my dear friend T. She enclosed a picture memory from a Valentine's Day we spent together years ago. We shared so many happy memories.

She also enclosed a scripture card with – imagine the "coincidence"! – a promise!

Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

Giving thanks.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Mags, very special and a cute pic.  Your friend T sounds like a wonderful person. I remember you sharing about her before.  That very same scripture is on my refrigerator when one of my good friend's prayer group and crocheting group called Common Thread prays for people and crochets them a pot holder with a scripture attached. She sent me an email when I was in treatments and she said check your front door. That is when I found my precious gift with that scripture. I have looked at that many times since then when trials started coming. I know that scripture has cropped up on this thread before. It is a great promise for all of us here. Thanks for sharing. I got some great news today as well. It has certainly been a good last couple of days. One of my friends emailed yesterday morning and she came into some free symphony tickets for tonight and wanted to know if I was up to it. I said I will step out in faith that I will. I have been very fatigued the last couple of nights probably a residual from shingles. The concert doesn't start till 8 so it will be a long night. I am praying that my stamina will be strong.

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited November 2014

So happy for you Nancy ad Mags as you receive good reports.

Jean, So sorry you had a bad night. Praying you are feeling better.

Good to hear from you Deborahanne. How wonderful that you will get to visit with Bev. Please give her a hug from me. I will be praying for your very long journey. I am sure it will be nice having your lovely daughter with you for company and wonderful to see your dear friend.

Char

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2014

Feeling much better today. Classic case of food poisoning since once I got "cleared out" all symptoms stopped. Stayed with the Brat diet and Gatorade till last night and back to normal now. We got to church last night and saw a couple we haven't seen in awhile. Love, Jean

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited November 2014

Morning Ladies,

Woke to Thunder lightning and heavy rain...good morning Lord! Show us your amazing power. Hope and praying all have a blessed day and if you can are able to go to church to recharge your spirits. This a the week of traveling so extra prayers for those who have to travel short or long distance early this week.

We are doing well and still fighting our battles strong and steady with God at our side. Praise you Father God, we exalt You!

That promise is posted on my profile and has been since day one that I started my journey on this board. It was a verse that God put on my heart over a year ago and I always remind myself of it. It's my favorite. Love, love, love it!

Love and Blessings...Lucy

• Tobycc
    edited November 2014

Lucy, so needed at this very moment. I work up with the start of the same hand foot syndrome I got from taxotere. Did 2 rounds and had to stop.

Had third taxol Friday. It started with a burn like raise between thumb and pointer on left hand. On right hand two of five knuckles starting to swell.

Battling the dark one....fear. Fear I have to stop chemo, fear of the pain again from this, fear of the big C coming back if I can't do chemo.

Crying off and on. DH is great, tries so hard.

I am going to keep reading Isiah over and over. Love you all here

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited November 2014

Isaiah 43:1-2 NIV

[1] But now, this is what the Lord says---he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. [2] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Kath,

I am so sorry you are going through this again. I will be praying throughout the day for you dear sister. Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Praying for physical and emotional relief.

Love,

Nancy

• Tobycc
    edited November 2014

thanks you all!!! Nancy did you get to the concert?

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Still praying for you Kath. Yes, I went to the concert and was pleased that fatigue didn't take over. The concert featured Rachael Barton Pine. Probably any violinist in the Chicago area knows her story. In 1995 when she was 20 her violin strap got stuck in the commuter train and dragged her 200 ft. She lost most of one leg. She came back from that accident and is now a world class violinist. She has a prosthetic but with her long gown you could not see it and she did stand for her performance which was incredible. I felt very privileged to get to speak to her briefly and told her how much I enjoyed her performance and that she was fantastic. I meant that in ever sense of the word. She is a hero in my books.

I will continue to pray for you dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2014

Thus says the Lord to us....

Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

Love, Jean

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited November 2014

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be  discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9        (NIV)
    My prayers are with you Kath, tears are sometimes emotions that don't have words so they do help. It's good to lean on your DH and your sisters now. You'll catch your breath and be stronger when you can. Hugs.....

• SpiritBlessing
    edited November 2014

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited November 2014

Glad we are posting on the promises of God! Getting a lot of the scriptures and encouragements that are being shared.

"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God." 2 Cor 1:20

Blessings Sister Warriors.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Hello sister warriors,

This is one of my favorite promises from Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

I pray that all of the Thanksgiving preparations are coming together nicely and that the Lord will protect all that travel and that He blesses our family and friend gatherings this week. I will be leaving for my mom's tomorrow and be there for a week. Remember to take time to breath and to rest and remember to glorify God in all you do this week. Take care dear ones.

Kath, praying for you through out this day. Jean, glad you are feeling better.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Thanks Jo for that beautiful post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

These look more like Christmas scenes but Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited November 2014

Hi ladies - yep, I'm still alive....and trying to get caught up with all that's been happening here after our wonderful Nancy gave me a little email nudge....Nancy, you're so amazing and such an encouragement!

I got to ring the bell last Friday - finally finished the year of herceptin. Next thing ahead is reconstruction surgery on December 8. Wow, did this year fly by - and you ladies who are in the middle of chemo now, I'm praying that you'll be able to enjoy (just a little) the holidays. I surely wish I had somebody like Nancy to get me focused on praise and promises while I was slogging through it all. God is so good - it's so amazing how He brought us all together here.

As Deborah said, I'm looking forward to seeing her and meeting her friend, Elissabeth, on Wednesday. What a nice kickoff to Thanksgiving weekend!

God bless you all, my warrior friends -

love, Bev

• Tobycc
    edited November 2014

You ladies are more inspiration than you could ever know Happy

I have felt the prayers, the warmth of His love all day. Made it through the day, and so far my hands are not getting worse PTL!!!!!

Twin one gets home tonight about 1 a.m. Brother tomorrow about 6

I am icing hands, feet up, relaxing. One more day at work for the week. The boys I know will get a kick of my stub of hair that has come in....and the one , just one, "wild hair" that is about 4 inches

Nancy, praying for good weather tomorrow and for anyone else traveling tomorrow.

Resting in His arms,

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Whoooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bev, you are done with treatments. You did it girl! So happy for you!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2014

Kath,

So glad you are hanging in there and your boys will both be home soon. Sounds like the icing and prayers are working. PTL

Have a wonderful time with your family. Thanks for your prayers as well.

Love,

Nancy

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited November 2014

Yippee......happy dance for you Bev. I was going to email you and ask about when you were to ring the bell. And the Angels rejoiced, I am sure. Now for reconstruction. Praise God for this last year because without this site you and I would have never met. I am blest to know you. I hope that the three of you have a wonderful time together. Praying for a safe trip for Deborah and her daughter.

Kath,

Praying for calm and peace in your life. Nothing to fear when we have God on our side. How can we lose.

Peace, Love, Hugs to all. Trying to get stuff done for family dinner. I am running a 5k on Thursday morning. I never did a 5k because I am a better distance runner and not a speedy short distance runner. It should be interesting. At least I will burn off some calories.

Char

• SpiritBlessing
    edited November 2014

Bev so good to hear from you. So glad you're doing well and God is watching over you. What an exciting day for you to be ringing the bell. I don't know if that is an experience I will have so congrats!

Nancy sounds like you're ready to go pay mom another visit so have a great time and enjoy it. Be careful and keep us posted. Thanks for the pics, they are always nice to see.

Kath so glad you're doing better. Hang in there, stay strong and check in often. One day at a time is what is best. You are being blessed. Remember to look for the silver linings.

Char as usual you're an inspiration to stay moving. I just finished week 3 of working out 5 days a week now and I do feel stronger and my stamina has improved but by early evening I am pooped!

Well I booked our flights to the Mayo Clinic and it sounds like the hotel is going to be awesome. Thanking God for making all of this possible. We fly out on 12/6 as all they had were red eye flights on the 7th and didn't think that would be good the day before a very important doc appt. So we will have a day to relax and enjoy the pool.

Well good night ladies chat tomorrow. Blessings to all. Lucy