thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited April 2015

Mini

Will be praying for you..anytime something unusual shows up in our breast area, we have some degree of fear. Your oncologist should be able to tell you more...our Lord can heal what ever it is so I am declaring in Jesus name that this is something easily treatable.

Keep us informed...Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited April 2015

Hi ladies,

I am sorry that I have not be as present on here as usual. I have not been able to be as organized as I would like in getting prayer posts updated. I apologize to our newer members too for not being able to be present and responsive to you. I would like to get an updated prayer list out when I am able and include Jerseygirl and G and Lynn.

Mini, I am glad you are see seeing your oncologist soon. I have had a lot of weird things happen in my lifetime. The only thing remotely like your situation was many years ago and I had these open sores that popped up all over my body. I ended up seeing a dermatologist and this guy was so excited that he only saw this type of thing once a month. (Yeah for me. Glad I made his day!) It was due to a kitten that I had bought for my mom. It carried this unusual disease and every place it licked me I got a sore that looked like a moon crater. If your oncologist doesn't have any ideas you might want to consult a dermatologist. They see lots of unusual things during there normal day.  I will certainly be praying it will be something easily treated. Mine cleared up with some type of meds.

Kath, hopefully you can run this by your tech team tomorrow and maybe your RO can take a look. I know mine was good about seeing me on the spur of the moment when things cropped up. Praying that you are on the tail end of this upper respiratory sickness.

Bev, are you out there? Calling Bevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.

I am still feeling lightheaded. I saw my MO today and told him my concerns about carbon monoxide poisoning. I had a gas leak at my house two weeks ago. The symptoms can mimic the flu.  He did some blood work just to be sure nothing else is going on. He doesn't think it would be from the gas leak at this point. Just still not feeling normal. I am pleased that my back is better after hurting it again on Sunday. Thanks for your prayers. You have mine.

Praying all has a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited April 2015

Mini1 - Prayers going up for you

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2015

I'm scheduled to finish rads on Friday. Also had my herceptin / perjeta today. Really looking forward to getting done with radiation. Also we have water working again. Had our well pump replaced on Sunday and washing machine fixed today by our sweet young neighbor who does well drilling. Hubby is still not able to open his right eye and gets headaches making him a bit cranky. Hope this resolves soon. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2015

Finishing rads on Friday, God willing. Also had my herceptin / perjeta today. I am really looking forward to getting done with radiation. Hubby is still having problems opening his right eye and headaches are making him kinda cranky. He could use prayer still. I thank Jesus that our well pump was replaced Sunday and our sweet neighbor came by tonight to change the water filter and get my washing machine working again. God is so good. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2015

Also, no mouth sores with rads and very few with chemo. My worst sides were nail infection and lifting and neuropathy from Taxol that is still there in my feet. Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2015

Char, God has me praying for you and you have been on my mind for over s week. Miss your post and encouragement. I pray that all is well with you, your dad and your family. If you are reading our post I wanted to let you know that I did start excersing again. I am taking it slow and easy. Starting a C25k program in mid-May (alternative date is 1st of June). My goal is to run an local 5k in Sept. Thanks for being my encourage ment to get back out there. God bless Sister.

-Angie

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2015

Mini, just read the earlier post. Praying for you and specifically that God will provide comfort and remove all anxiety while you wait to see your MO. Praying that this is easily treatable

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited April 2015

Hello Dear Sisters,

I have just got caught up with many of your postings after being away from the site for over a week. I continue to pray for each of you and your needs. I am happy to see see some new folks jumping on board. I hope you are blessed with this site.

Angie: you go girl. So glad you are going to start a running program for a 5k. It is all you....and I know you will do it with God at your side.

It looks like my next few weeks will be pretty crazy. Our kids are doing state testing and some of them have been testing for three to four hours straight..just insane. It is 10 days from my students running their last mile of their marathon they have been running and completing since January. I have almost 180 students running this year. God has been allowing me to run and train for my half marathon which will be May 3....my wedding anniversary. My knee is feeling pretty beat up after I ran my last long distance this weekend of 13.55 mile and finished with a half mile cool down. I will be at it tomorrow doing some short runs and one more longer run this weekend but no big miles till the 3rd. It truly has been a spiritual journey of trusting and working through my physical issues running but God has been sharing lots with me about Him and about myself.

My dad is doing a bit better. We have a rough time just before Easter and I really believe that he was being oppressed but satan. Interestingly, I prayed in the Blood and name of Jesus after we were being held up from going to church and my dad literally went off shouting at me. We did make it there and my Pastor had changed his message three times for that service and did not know why. The message was directly for my dad. When we left my father told my pastor it was for him. My father had dropped weight from 210 at Christmas to about 158 at Easter. When he came back from church that day, his appetite returned and he was shocked as to how terribly thin he looked. My dad has since gained 7 pounds. This was one of several reasons I had to leave this site for awhile.

I have been doing a book study with Bev, Deborah Anne another lady from our thread and her friend. It has been a wonderful experience as we shared what we learned through each chapter. We will take a break while Bev leaves for a trip to the Netherlands for a Bike and Barge trip. Please keep her as well as her hubby Dave in prayer for a safe trip and that God will work in her husband's heart. I have been praying that He has a Damascus Road meeting with Jesus while on the trip.

It was good to hear from Deb in Ireland. I think of you often. Lucy praying for you as you go through this next round of your journey. Praying for you Nancy that your health issues take a turn for the better.

I am sorry for not mentioning each of you individually but God knows all your needs and nothing you are going through is by mistake or a second thought from God. He planned all of this so each of you would be drawn into a more personal and deeper relationship with Him and so that each if you become His personal ambassador here on this earth. Everything you do will bring honor and Glory to God.

Hugs and prayers,

Char

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited April 2015

Hi Ladies,

Wow what a day. I had a queasy day all day. It was totally like the days when I was pregnant which was so odd. What is really odd is my daughter told us last weekend that she is expecting with her second child...YAY, so what's odd is today she told me that she was queasy all day and eating every two hours which is exactly what I did. I just thought that was so funny. So not sure if it was my Xeloda or if I was having sympathy morning sickness (all day). So it was a tough one but I got through it. It finally stopped about 3:30...long day!

Mini I don't know much about rads as I didn't have it. However I do know that something that serious should be mentioned ASAP to your MO. I would call them tomorrow if you can to get the ball rolling. I know my MO and nurse express that to me all the time. They really do want to know about these type of issues.

Well good night all and have a blessed day tomorrow.

Lucy

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited April 2015

Hi again ladies - I read all the posts just about every day and pray for you all (especially you, Lucy, with your new treatment - thanks so much for your encouragement and daily devotions - what a blessing; Nancy, for your back, queasiness and planned trip to visit with your mom; Mini, for the strange sores on your breast; Jean for the end of rads - yay!; Angie - good for you with the running! I shuffle around my neighborhood a couple of times a week and Char is my inspiration, too!).

I agree with Char about what a blessing our reading has been. The book is "Trusting God" by Jerry Bridges - it's available on Amazon and probably at your local Christian book store. I learned so much but something that will stick with me is what follows Romans 8:28 (the "all things work together for good" verse, of course). Romans 8:29 tells us what the "good" is that God wants for us - becoming more like Christ in our character and lives - not earthly riches, things, happiness or anything else. Everything that happens to us is so that we will bring glory to God through it. Another concept the author discussed is that our thankfulness is not for the adversity or problems or trials - but for what we can trust God He will work through the situation.

The next book we'll be reading is "The Discipline of Grace" - again by Jerry Bridges. We all agreed that he was such a powerful writer, we wanted to read another of his books. Thanks, Deborahanne, for getting us started. If anybody else wants to join us, just let us know. We each read a chapter then send around an email of our thoughts and comments to each other. Of course, it would be nicer to sit around a living room with a cup of coffee to discuss the book but this is the next best thing.... We'll probably get going later in May.

I think I'm ready for our trip to Holland next week. Thanks, Char (and others, I know) for praying for my husband, Dave to see God's power - I know God can soften his stubborn heart!

God bless you, my sweet friends. I'm praying for us all!

love, Bev

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited April 2015

Jo-5 I did have rads. 33 rounds. My skin has been really good until now. If I had something somewhere else, it wouldn't seem so bad. I was supposed to go to the doc today, but they had double booked, so I have another 24 hours. Trying to keep myself occupied instead of preoccupied.

Nancy - My husband had Cat Scratch Fever. He had a good-sized cyst on his neck and was sooo tired. Until then, I thought CSF was just a song. :-)

Thank you everyone for the prayers. I will keep you posted.

Blessings

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

Mini, praying that you can get into your doctor asap. That is a shame they couldn't get you in as you had expected. I have certainly been praying for you.

Jo, I knew about that blood test and when my MO said he was going to order some blood work I mentioned that test and he said these tests are not that. I am hoping he is correct in his thinking that these symptoms would not be from the gas leak at this point in time. It could be my bp meds. I had suspected them quite a few weeks ago. I had similar symptoms a couple years ago after losing quite a bit of weight. My bp had gotten so low that I had to reduce the bp med. It took me sick weeks of being dizzy and nauseated before I figured it out. I am continuing to lose weight and have lost even more when sick. I will see my primary next week to discuss all of this. What I am feeling is not the usual weakness after being sick. Hard to explain. Thanks for your input and your support. How are you and DH doing?

Char, I am glad to hear from you. Sounds like you have had your hands full with your Dad. I have had my share of attacks from the enemy lately as well. Glad you could be a part of a book study. Hope your knee holds out for your big run on May 3. Will be praying.

Bev, good to hear from you. I have been praying for your big trip. I wasn't quite sure when it was so will ramp up the prayers for you. Thanks for the book study offer. Maybe some of the ladies might take you up on it. Hope you are feeling good now.

Angie, good for you for getting back into exercising. I have a feeling that will be your magic bullet or better yet your gift from God.

Jean, only two more to go. I am so proud of you doing this three hour commute every day and dealing with the GI issues and car issues. You are a strong woman.

Debbie (foots) praying you have a great night. Give Faith a hug for me.

Mysunshine, hope you are doing well with your treatments. Praying for you.

Lucy, I sure have been praying for you that your body will adapt to this new pill and that you will do well on it and that it will knock those bad cells out of your body. Hang in their girl. Congrats to your daughter too. How exciting!

Thanks for your continued prayers. I did more today than I have in weeks. I actually had a few moments tonight where I felt almost me. That was a gift as I was beginning to think I would never feel good again.

Love you all,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

TO KATH. NO SHE HAS NOT JUST FINISHED TREATMENT BUT SHE WILL FINISH HER SECOND WEEK OF RADS THIS WEEK. I AM CERTAINLY NOT TRYING TO STEAL HER THUNDER BUT KNOWING HER SHE HAD NO INTENTION OF TELLING YOU ALL THE RECOGNITION SHE RECEIVED TONIGHT. I AM NOT EXACTLY SURE IF I HAVE ALL THE FACTS RIGHT BUT HERE IS MY BEST SHOT. SHE WAS RECOGNIZED TONIGHT IN A CEREMONY CALLED 25 OVER 50. THERE WERE 25 INDIVIDUALS OVER THREE COUNTIES THAT HAVE HAD A GREAT IMPACT ON SW FLORIDA. OUR KATH WAS CHOSEN AS ONE OF THE 25. SHE IS WAY TO HUMBLE TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT BUT I AM TELLING YOU WHAT A GREAT HONOR THIS IS FOR HER AND I THOUGHT WORTH TELLING ALL OF YOU. DON'T BE MAD AT ME KATH. JUST HAD TO SHARE.

WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE SPECIAL AND NOW MANY OTHERS IN YOUR COUNTY WILL KNOW AS WELL FOR ALL OF YOUR GREAT WORK YOU DO WITH THOSE AFFLICTED BY MENTAL ILLNESS THROUGH YOUR NAMI ORGANIZATION AND AS THE CEO.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

Dear prayer warriors,

Please pray for Debbie (foots). She has a chest cold which I imagine exacerbates her breathing issues she already deals with. Please pray for healing for her. She wanted me to tell you that she misses you. We miss seeing your posts as well dear sister. Feel better soon. We will be praying for you.

We pray that Kath will get over her upper respiratory sickness as well.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited April 2015

Nancy so glad you had a good day and are feeling more like you. Please take it easy and know we are praying.

CONGRATS Kath!!! Thanks Nancy for letting us know, This is great news and worth sharing so good job Nancy. Florida is lucky to have you.

Praying for Debbie and Kath on their breathing issues and colds. Nasty bugs out there and they will be there for a while yet.

Mini still lifting you in prayer and let us know what the doc says. Blessings dear.

Bev so good to hear from you. Thank you for your ongoing prayers. Blessings to you.

Well today had a good day and no queasy tummy at all...YAY!!! Tomorrow follow up with a gal from my clinic that is going to help me with understanding about filing for social security disability. Still trying to figure out what is best to do. The timing is also important.

Good night sisters...Lucy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited April 2015

Morning Sisters,

Have a blessed day.

Daily Devotional

Use Your Talent

Who were these people, and how is it that they got recognized in the Bible? These individuals were the little people who attended to the daily worship operations of Israel. The fact that this and the next few chapters detail the responsibilities of such people is important for us today. This listing clearly indicates that God uses all kinds of people for his service. God not only honors the big names of this world, he also honors the millions who work quietly, day by day, doing what needs to be done to build his kingdom.

As you continue to seek God, try to discover which of your abilities can be used in his service. Are you a skilled carpenter? Perhaps you could work on a low-income housing project. Do you operate a business? Maybe you could help someone find the right job. Do you have a knack for taking care of children? Why not take some pressure off of that struggling single parent down the street? Whatever your talent, God wants to use it for his service.

Read 1 Chronicles 23:28,29

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited April 2015

Well sisters, I went to the doc this morning, and he thinks I have the beginning of shingles. He's not 100% sure, but the look and pain description is consistent with my lesions. He gave me a script that is supposed help it clear faster, and help with the pain. I have my regular labs on the 5th, and my regular appointment on the 12th. Hopefully, his assessment is correct and I will be better by then.

Thank you so much for the prayers. I appreciate each and every one!

Blessings

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

Mini, I am sorry to hear that you have shingles but am glad that you caught it early and that your are on some meds. The meds will definitely help. I have had shingles twice and the second time was even after having the vaccination. I know when I had it the first time my doctor said to wait for four years and then get the vaccination. I think you have to be at least 60 to get the shot. If you have not been vaccinated I would definitely consider it. My doctor said you would be immune for four years after getting it but I don't know if that is the general consensus or not. You can certainly ask what your doctor  would recommend. I am glad it wasn't anything too serious even though it is a not fun having shingles. Will be praying for you dear sister. You have had your share of difficulties.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    edited April 2015

mini,

Glad you were able to see your doctor. Shingles is pretty tough, but as the others have said, it is treatable. They seem to appear when your body's immune system is compromised. A friend of mine had them just as she was preparing for knee surgery...I havenT had them, but I do know they are uncomfortable, and very common.

Take a deep breath, smile, and then get some rest...praying for a quick recovery!

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2015

I also had shingles after finishing chemo. With an oral antiviral and using Sarna, an otc anti itch lotion, I cleared in a few weeks. Hope you have an easy recovery. My dermatologist at Sloan Kettering also did a biopsy to confirm the shingles. BYW I had the vaccine a few years ago but doc said it is not 100% effective but usually gives a milder case. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited April 2015

Thank you all so much. God has blessed me since an early age to realize my calling was to help others: It is actually selfish, since it makes me feel so good! :) He gets all the Glory

Mini, will be praying for you, and that if it is for sure shingles that you caught it quickly and will heal quickly. Lucy how are you holding up with the new pill? Nancy I hope you have felt our prayers and that you are stronger each day!

I am pretty tired, and this respiratory is still hanging on. But I have so much more to be thankful for . I am thankful for His love, His strength, His guidance and His peace.

Please know I pray for all of you individually. I am prayerful every one has felt His grace today

Hugs

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

Ellen needs prayer tonight as she is running a fever and is supposed to be visiting her mom and attending a wedding with her. Let' pray that she can shake off these germs and feel good to make the drive be able to visit with her mom and take her to this wedding.

Debbie (foots) continued prayers for our dear sister as she is fighting off a cold and making breathing difficult,

Debbie (Ireland) praying your treatment went well today.

Polly, how are you doing? Continued prayers for you dear one.

Lucy, your banner today was so right on. So glad to hear you had a better day. Praying that will continue.

Kath, continued prayers for you to feel 100% very soon. Rest this weekend and take care.

Jean, praying you can make your LAST treatment tomorrow!

There is obviously lots of sickness going on everywhere. Praying that those who are dealing with sickness can get a good night's rest and prayers for a quick recovery. Praying for those in treatments to stay strong and praying that the SE are manageable. Praying for protection from illness from everyone else.

I am feeling much better and was able to go out for a drive to our local arboretum and take a few pictures. My back is still not good but I am thankful to be able to get out. That has done much for my spirits.

Have a restful evening everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2015

Peeped in for a quick early morning check to see how things are going with folks. I see there are a few things that we need to be lifting folks up in prayer on and I am about to get on my knees right after I send this.

Remember to keep pushing ladies, I have been reading 'Job' and the Lord truly tested his servant. He will not give us more than we can withstand, think of all things as that test that just brings us to that purpose that he has created us for. Have a good Friday and Peace be with you all. She

• Blessedteacher37
    edited April 2015

Good morning ladies,

A big thank you to Nancy for the prayer post last night. My congestion seemed to loosen during the night and this morning I feel a little better, so thanks so much for the prayers. This family wedding is a big deal to mom and she would be bitterly disappointed if I couldn't take her. She also has a doc appt Mon that I need to drive her to.

Will post more later but wanted to say thanks...God bless you all....Elle

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited April 2015

Happy, Happy Friday everyone! I am prayerful that everyone was able to feel/ experience at least one of Gods many blessings today: even during times of challenge.

Mini, praying that it will be a mild mild case, you rest up and take care of you

Ellen, as you know I am still rebounding from the chest/ respiratory bug going around. I know you don't want to miss a wedding, or taking your mom! Will lift you up throughout the day for healing. Prayers it was a very short lived germ: glad you felt better this morning!

Nancy, just thrilled you were able to get out of the house and actually take some pictures! So glad for you. Now you rest tonight so you don't overdo it. Thankful for your committment to us, for your leadership, and love for God. Thank you!

Jean, are you ready to celebrate? I am so proud of you! Praying for continued strength, for rest

Lucy: update on how you are responding to new pill? Praying for you daily girl!

Mysunshine- how are treatments going?

She: you always seem to pop in with your strong grace and quiet wisdom at the right time. Any less pain? Prayers for you dear sister

Prayers for all in out little group: have a restful, joyful weekend.

Blessings,

Kath

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited April 2015

Hi Kath, I am two weeks out from the BMX with expanders, and removal of two lymph nodes - clear, praise God! My sister left this morning to return to her family and life in Oregon. She is an earth angel! I am doing well and just taking it easy. Start chemo May 14!

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2015

Good evening ladies. Hoping all have a blessed weekend. Well it's done. Finished radiation today. Hallelulia. Now all I want to do is sleep for a week. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2015

CONTRATULATIONS TO JEAN. SHE IS DONE WITH RADIATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

PRAISE TO THE LORD FOR HELPING HER GET THROUGH A DIFFICULT JOURNEY WITH TWISTS AND TURNS. JEAN, WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. A THREE HOUR TRIP TO RADS EVERYDAY WAS NOT FOR WIMPS. YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN WITH GOD'S STRENGTH. SO GLAD YOU ARE DONE.

• Blessedteacher37
    edited April 2015

Good Evening ladies...

First of all, big shout out to Jean...through with rads! So impressed with your strength and determination to make that trip, even with some nasty road blocks. Now let your body rest..the soreness will be gone soon, believe it or not.

Thanks again for all the prayers...today I have felt much better, although the congestion is still there. No fever, and I have felt like eating. Leaving for mom' s early tomorrow morning, hopefully feeling even better than today. Even though I won't be able to read the posts (no internet) I will keep you all in prayer. God is faithful...whether it's dealing with treatments for a serious disease or dealing with a cold, He hears our requests.

God bless you all!

Elle