Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited March 2011

Thanks Lady I believe God has kept it clean.  I am praying that the other one is normal to.  Had a good church service tonight.  I am good until someone calls to see how I am than I have a hard time talking.  I cry alot.  I see my thyroid dr tomorrow for routine appt. My schedule is already full and tired of it now.  I keep saying one day at a time.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2011

Yes, dear Lynniea, one day at a time and know that the Lord is with you every step of the way!!! God bless you, Kathy

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Saw Thyroid Doctor yesterday.  Everything is the same.  WOW something normal yea.  ECHO today Before Chemo check.  Good Morning all hope all is fine and God Bless you.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited March 2011
    We like normal for a change.Smile Good luck on ECHO
  • lynniea
    edited March 2011

Thanks Sherryc yes we do.  Normal is good. 

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2011

Hi All,

I have been away for quite some time.  I have just been catching up on the latest posts.  I'm praying for you Lynniea.  You do have quite a powerful testimony.  You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.  Your sisters are here for you, praying for you and encouraging you when things get rough.  I love this board!  There are some awesome Christians here.

Sherryc,

My stepdad suffered through non-small cell lung cancer.  He didn't have chemo either as he was 80 yrs. old and was very weak.  He also developed leukemia.  He lived a year and then passed away.  It wasn't long after that I was diagnosed and my mom had a very hard time with all of it.  She still worries incessantly about me and struggles with grief over my stepdad.  I understand your pain well.  I pray that God will encourage you and lift you and your family up.  I pray for comfort for all of you as you go through this very difficult time.

I too agree that God doesn't give us cancer.  We live in a fallen world and we suffer the effects of that fall despite the fact that we are believers.  Christ suffered the effects as well, although without sin.  He sympathizes with our weaknesses and infirmities.  He knew suffering intimately.  I'm thankful that He did, because by His stripes we are healed.

• Sherryc
    edited March 2011

Rocket-thank you for the comforting words

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Thank you all for praying.  I go in at 7am to same day surgery ward.  I know God will guide the Dr hands.  I will post later.

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited March 2011

Prayers going up for you Lynniea. Let us know how you are doing.

I've been down with the stomach bug for 3 days, ugh, finally getting better. Hope everyone is well.

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

I did a great job me and Jesus.  Came home and slept until 2 am and back down in an hour.  I have a sore throat from the tube and not much pain.  God has been so good he takes care of the little things.  Thanks ladies for all your prayer's.  ((((((((((((((((((((LADIES))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Sherryc
    edited March 2011

Yeah Lynniea, glad things went smoothly for you.  God is Good!

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2011

Glad to hear it went well. Take it easy--you'll be sore for a few days!  Tube?  Did they put you all the way under?  I was awake for the whole thing (but feelin' no pain).

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Yes they put me under because I had a sential biopsy done to.  He did them both at the same time.

• LadyinBama
    edited March 2011

Lynniea: Congrats!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2011

Dear LadyinBama and Lynniea, May our Lord give you peace and all the strength you need as you both start your journey, knowing that He and your sisters in Christ are with you every step of the way!!!!!! I am praying for both of you right now, you are my heros. God bless you, Kathy

• LadyinBama
    edited March 2011

Kathy: Thank you, you are so sweet. It's all in God's hands. I appreciate the prayers very much. I'll try to check in next Thursday and let ya'll know how surgery went.

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Home doing well still a little sore.  I start Chemo on Wednesday. 

• Coralfromcanada
    Coralfromcanada Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011

Thank You for this great site! I love the Lord and he loves me! I have been frustrated by this diagnosis, but not devastated. I agree that I cannot fathom how anyone gets through this disease without the Lord! I am 50 years old and just diagnosed, I am strong as the Lord strengthens me! I am endeavoring to just get through to the other end of this disease. My husband is also wonderful, we have been married 20 years this year. My children are 16 (girl),14 (boy), and a house full of pets to love. I am a happy Christian with a great support network and many helping friends! My sisters (4 of them) have been with me (one or more) almost always since treatment (chemo) started! I am supremely Blessed! Thanks be to God!

Coral

• LadyinBama
    edited March 2011
    Hi Coral. Welcome. Yes, this site is great for information and support. I don't think I'd have gotten through BC without it! I've been blessed to have a relatively easy time of it.
  • lynniea
    edited March 2011

Tomorrow I see Surgeon to make sure port is good to start chemo.  God has been so good to me.  I got my meds all through Insurance.  The waiting time is the worst.  I am starting chemo on Wednesday.  Just remember God is in control and will never let you down.

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2011

LadyinBama and lynniea - You two are phenomenal!  God is very evident in both of you and your testimonies are powerful.  I wish that I could say that I handled everything as gracefully as you.  I whined a lot, cried a lot and really struggled initially.  I know that things can be quite challenging with this disease.  God understands our frustration, anger, and fear, and I think I threw the whole book at Him.  I'm praising Him right now that He has provided you both with an extra measure of grace to endure this difficulty.  Be kind to yourselves, and if you get down, remember that you have a number of prayer warriors here to help you and to encourage you.  Just let us know how we can help.  Stay strong, God is at work and will never leave nor forsake you.

• LadyinBama
    edited March 2011

Thank you Rocket!

Ladies, my ovarian cancer staging surgery is tomorrow. Please pray that all goes well in the surgery and that I get a good pathology report out of it. God is good and it's all in His hands.

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Hi ladies all is well Dr said today all is a go.  Start tomorrow.  I know my God is good and will help me get through this.  He never put's on you anything you can not handle.

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2011

Lady and Lynn--I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow!  Praying all goes well.

I haven't been on much because I am taking care of my grandson (17 months) for 2-2.5 weeks while his parents (my dd and sil) are in the Ukraine to adopt a special needs boy. I am very tired these days!  But I still remember to pray for you all!

Tina

• Sherryc
    edited March 2011

Lynniea am praying for you today.

Tmarina take care of yourself those little ones can exhaust you.  But what joy you will have when your DD and SIL return with the new grandbaby.

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Hi ladies one down.  My sential biopsy came back negative.  Praise God.  I feel pretty good got headache from nausea meds in IV they say only 10% get it.  I am one of them.  Thanks for all the prayers.  Have my shot tomorrow for the bone marrow.  Back to DR. in a week.

• LadyinBama
    edited March 2011

Lynniea: Hooray for the negative node!

My surgery went fine, I've got five holes in my belly all in a row. The gyn onc said everything looked good to him, but of course we've got to wait on pathology, which he said we'd have Monday or Tuesday. I'm really sore and am about to take a pain pill and go back to bed (I got home about 1 pm today).

Thank you ladies for all the prayers. Our God is an awesome God!

• lynniea
    edited March 2011

Yes great news.  Went to look for wigs and found one we laughed so hard made we look like Martha Washington.  Laughter is good for the sole.  Have a good weekend.

• lynniea
    edited March 2011
  • lynniea
    edited March 2011

Nice sunny day it is in the 60