Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• wan2bwell
    wan2bwell Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2011

I am a cry baby and need you to pray me through this please.  I found a lump in my lymph node on my neck (same side as the bc) on Monday.  It was small and I ignored it.  I gave in and went to the Dr. yesterday because it is now large and he gave me a shot and antibiotics and is sending me to an ear nose and thoat Dr.  He said it could be a stone, but I have no fever etc.  I just need you to pray me through this.  I am so weary.  thank you.

• heavenschild
    heavenschild Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2011

wan2bwell - praying for you, it could be that your body is worn down and the anti-b's will take care of it.  Be gentle on yourself, climb on His lap, reject the enemy's lies, sometimes all we have to do is stand on the fact that He loves us, no matter what, He loves us. 

linnea - praying for you! 

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2011

Thanks ladies for the prayer just arrived home from chemo.  I am tired going to take a nap.  Will be praying for good outcome with the lump.  God can do the impossible.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 244
    edited April 2011

Good day to everyone in this thread!!

just want you to know that I have also prayed for you today..

my mother (whom I am representing in this forum) has been diagnosed with Stage2B IDC ER+ Her2+++ in January 2010.

With God's grace and mercy, she was able to sail through it for the last 15 months without chemo/rads and Herceptin (long story - pls check my profile if you would like to know).

just need your help in praying for my mother's long term visit pass here in Singapore ( I am a Filipino who is permanently residing in Singapore)..

God bless you and all and may the Holy spirit keep you company all through out the day today.

• LiveFreeinNH
    LiveFreeinNH Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2011

Hi I just found this thread, thankfully I have walked with the Lord for a long time but have been away from fellowship for quite a while. I really miss my christian friends who would pray with me all the time. We helped each other through a lot. I am 54 and have a wonderful husband, 4 grown kids and 4 grandchilden. I have had 2 lumectomies and need another or a mastectomy. My surgeon says"There is a lot of DCIS" I guess I am having a really hard time letting go and saying yes to the mastectomy.I dont know if I want recon. I know the Lord cares and he has used this experience to bring me much closer to him. I feel very alone in this, though.

• heavenschild
    heavenschild Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2011

LiveFreeinNH - sorry you are have to go through this.  The loneliness screams at me also, and I've been trying to climb up into His lap.  This journey will really cause you to get foundational stuff taken care of,one of the areas for me it was actually believing the love of God for me.  Gentle hugs, praying for you. 

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

You have found a great group of women here with prayer and support.  God has taken care of me through this sometimes we go through things to bring us closer to him.  Well be praying for you and remember to trust God.

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2011

I'm praying for you Lynniea.  How are you doing since your chemo?  Stay strong Girl!  May you feel the arms of Jesus embracing you today.

Welcome LiveFreeinNH!  We are happy to have you here.  You are not alone.  We are all here with you.  The Lord is close to your side.  I'm saying a prayer right now that you would feel His peace and comfort today.  I struggled greatly with the feeling that God had abandoned me.  I was diagnosed in January 2010, a little over a week before my son's wedding.  I ended up having three tumors (large ones) in my right breast.  My BS was pretty certain that it would have spread to my lymph nodes (the likelihood was greater than 75%), but after having 13 nodes removed, including three sentinel nodes, there was none found!  God's grace is sufficient, despite how we feel.  Hold onto Him.  He is holding onto you!  Come here often and whenever you need encouragement. 

• wan2bwell
    edited April 2011

Thank you for your prayers. The doctor is scheduling a scan in 10 days after the antibiotics have a chance to decrease the swelling for a better pic-then a needle biopsy.  Could be an infection or the other stuff.  This morning the Lord gave me some verses and I feel like He is just holding me in His Everlasting Arms right now. 

"Have I not commanded you? Be stong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"  Joshua 1:9 NIV

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind"

2 Timothy 1:17NKJV

• wan2bwell
    edited April 2011

This is such a lonely place to be AND you cannot unring a bell.  Pray about this decision and feell confident in your decision (well, as confident as you can).  You have found a wonderful fellowship of believers here to communicate with and we will pray for you.  I encourage you to spend time in the Word of God and know that you are Loved! 

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2011

Great verses Wan2bwell.  The Lord is powerful and mighty.  I pray that you will continue to feel His gentle loving care.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011
    Morning ladies Hi ROCKET I am doing well with chemo had 3rd one yesterday feel much better today had nausea yesterday but today better.  God always seems to bring us through the hard times when we lean on him.  I have only one more AC thank God.  Than the 4 Taxol.
  • LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited April 2011

Amen, Wan2bWell.

Welcome LiveFree! I had a BMX last July, it hasn't been bad at all, I finished reconstruction a couple of weeks ago. I wan't real fond of my boobs, so it wasn't too traumatic to change them out for fake ones. But it's an individual decision. Just pray and I'm sure you'll be led to the right decision for you.

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and prayers. I know that God has led me here.

Heavenschild, thank you. I think God wants me to know that He loves me in a personal way.

Rocket, your words are comforting. I will try to remember that "His grace is sufficient"

LadyinBama, I am trying to find what's right for me, sounds like you have been through a lot, and have kept your faith

Lynniea You are right, God is using this to put me right with Him again.AMEN

"All things work for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose"

When I think of how worse it could be I feel very blessed. I have never thought Why me? I know the answer is why not me? I just need to talk to people. The Lord is always there for us, isn't he? Thank God for Christian radio. It has really been a word from God at times I didnt know I needed it.I have been downloading some radio programs into my MP3 player and listening to them on my morning walks. Real good company.

Today I made a big step and called the breast care center and made an appointment with a counselor there to discuss my options. At least I have some.  that was a stumbling block because I knew it was the next step toward committing to my decision.. God told me I can find the strength I need to grieve over my loss. I will be sad but not sick,and I won't have to have radiation or Chemo. thanks for understanding. You are all in my prayers, too

• lynniea
    edited April 2011
    LivefreeNH  My God has brought me closer through this also sometimes it is not our will but his.  I praise God that I have not really been sick through this.  I go to treatment and some people have more problems.  I go tomorrow at 9 am for my shot for white blood cells.  I don't have to pay anything for the 3700 dollar shot God has been good.
  • LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

Is there a place to look up what all the BC abbreviations mean?

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

I don't know.  I would ask the moderator to do them

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

JO-5 Found it, thanks!

Lynniea I hope your treatment went well. I would be glad  also not to have to pay for it, How would one do it??

• lynniea
    edited April 2011
    LiveFreein NH My husband has great insurance and also there should be a social worker where you get your treatments.  My social worker has been my lifeline she found many programs that take care of pain meds up the 500 dollars, one pays 1 month rent, ect.  Find out if you have someone that does that.  I am looking forward to church today.  I am feeling very well and God has been good to me I can not tell it all.  Have a good rest of the day God Bless you All
  • wan2bwell
    edited April 2011

GOD is so GOOD!  As we go through this Holy Week, let us take time to be still and remember that it was for each one of us that HE climbed upon that cross.  I am so humbled by the answer to prayer.  The lump in the lymph is almost gone :))) and I got a real miracle when the dentist office call this morning with a cancellation so that he can see me and x-ray today b4 I c the PS tomorrow for a fill.  I may end up with a tooth infection or something that is normal for a change!

Thank each one of you for your prayers and please continue to pray for me this week as I find out what is "up" with the lump.   Thank you Jo for the info on the language used here-I am still pretty lost and I am praying for you Livefree as you make your decision. 

It is so good to be part of the family of God.

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

I thought I had made my mind up about not reconstructing, and I met with the nurse at the Breast Center on Monday she screwed up her nose at me when I told her. She said I dont have to wake up with nothing there. I almost expected her to say"ewww...". She really surprised me. It messed me up. How much better I would feel if she had been more supportive.  She told me to remember to think what would be better in the long run, which is good advise but I can't fathom all that surgery. We have a class to go to tomorrow night on types of reconstruction that a PS is giving. I am so jealous of people who know exactly what they want and then do it.  I am so torn...

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2011

Does anyone in our position know exactly what they want?  I was hit with BC, breast removal, and reconstuctive surgery within two weeks in November.  I didn't have time to think.  Since I could not think I can see God's working in my life.  I am so thankful I had the reconstructive surgery.  It was rough going for a couple of weeks but now all the physical pain is over.  I can remember telling my pastor I had  God on one side the Holy Spirit on the other and Jesus at my back. What a support team. 

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

Sometimes I read a post and thats what it sounds like. maybe it's just a fantasy that I wish existed. You are so right about The Lord being The support team. I don't know where I'd be without Him.  I know He will be there no matter the choice I make.

• Mimidi
    edited April 2011

I can't help but believe that God takes over and guides us toward the right decisions when we aren't able to make the right choices on our own.  I could not have come as far as I have come without God leading the way for me.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Went to Oncologist today it shrunk again Thank you Jesus.  It is now 1x 2.5 and had a hard time finding it.  My white cell are normal now and I know it could not be anyone but God who could keep them up when putting chemicals in to kill them

• Mimidi
    edited April 2011

Amen.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Thank you

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

Lynniea-I am starting a thread prayer list . You are on the top. It is a praise!

Mimidi- of course you are right, God is guiding my decision. I guess my thoughts and peoples opinions get in the way. and all the data, but I will be confident in the Lord today He is all-wise

what kind of recon did you have?

.I am going to a center for integrative medicine today. Hopeing to get some alternate ways of living the best way I can with supplements..the right ones to fight the cancer.Tonight it is the PS for a class on His types of recon.He does implants andflap surgeries but not DIEP. I have been to one who does though. More data  but hopefully more questions answered.

• Mimidi
    edited April 2011

Live I had a TRAM flap.  I was not told about the DIEP.  I don't know if my PS even doesn that one.  I am happy with the work that was done.

• wan2bwell
    edited April 2011

Another round of Praise!  The dentist said there is nothing wrong with the teeth/gums-got the next to last fill (100c) on 19th AND the lump in the lymph disappeared overnight!  I know that it is in response to the prayer that was answered.  We are all living proof that Our Saviour Lives and He Answers Prayers!