Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2011

Dear Jo!!! thank you for thegood news that there is no correlation between breast cancer and colon cancer, good I have two more years before I have to have another colonoscopy. They told me every 10 years if I had no suspicious polyps!!!!  Thank you and to the other wonderful ladies on this board for such a warm welcome. God bless you all, and I truly feel blessed today. Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

TMarina, Thank you also for your kind welcome!!!!! Have a great week, Kathy

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2011

JO--that is good you don't have to do that awful prep!  I had a colonoscopy last March, 1 year after the tumor was discovered, and since that one was clean, I don't have to have another for 3 years.  I was a little surprised by that, but the tumors grow so slowly that even if one started right after my last exam, in 3 years it would still be just a polyp.  But I do have to have ct scans every 6 months for awhile--to watch for mets.Frown

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited February 2011

JO: I had a colonoscopy right before I started chemo in August. My father died from colon cancer, so  I keep an eye on it because of the family history. But, I had NO family history of breast cancer, and here I am. So, you just never know, do you? But I'm glad you posted that; I had heard the two were connected.

Kindergarten: I'm from Birmingham (lived there 40 years in all different parts of the area, but was't ever in Hoover). I moved to Huntsville a year and a half ago when I remarried. I miss Bham and my friends there, but Huntsville is cool too. There is  everything here that we had in Bham, but it's much smaller, which is nice. It won't be long before Birmingham is overtaken by Hoover.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

Dear LadyinBama, We have been to Huntsville, too, and we enjoyed our visit there, too. Went to see the Nasa site and did some shopping. Our stay was too short AL. Now we are enduring the blizzard in IN, we live near Chicago, The snow is pretty, just hard to drive in when there ice underneath. Oh, well, I am going to do some baking today. Everything is pretty much shut down here. We live 10 minutes from the lake, so we are getting drifting and blowing. My DH did drive into work, but he has a truck. Praying for safety for everyone. Have a nice day and I hope your weather is warmer. God bless, Kathy

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited February 2011

JO-5, The little girl is home from the hospital, came back to school on Monday. She is doing as well as expected. She is coming to my class daily to read to the kids. She has lunch with the school councelor, and spends some time daily being the librarian.

By the way I'm so glad ther seems to be no corilation between breat cancer and colon caner.

I love the pictures of the snow, talked to my best friend in Chicago, and things sound reallly bad, but must say don't miss it. Love Florida.

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited February 2011

Hi Sisters,

I've been away for awhile.  Life has been tumultuous lately.  My mom, who I help care for had a parietal lobe stroke.  She's doing relatively well however.  I got a new puppy who has been keeping me extremely busy.  My oncologist scheduled a bone scan for tomorrow morning because I've had some pain in my lower back and in the ribs near my sternum.  She wants to rule out mets.  I'm frightened and need prayers for peace and good results.  I get very overwhelmed by tests.  When the registrar called me from the hospital to get my health insurance information, I was so nervous I thought I was going to be sick. I so appreciate all of you here.  I know that I can come here and you will listen.  Bless you dear Sisters!

• TMarina
    edited February 2011

Kira--sounds like that little girl has a wonderful group of people caring about her.

Rocket--I will lift you up in prayer tomorrow.  Just imagine Jesus there holding your hand.  He is with you ALWAYS!  Please check back in with us and let us know how it went. Sorry about your mother--I will pray for her too!

• Rocket
    edited February 2011

Thank you TMarina.  I greatly appreciate the prayers and have Isaiah 41:10 memorized.

• LadyinBama
    edited February 2011

Rocket: Hope all went well today, praying for you.

Kira: Glad the girl is back and working with others. That will help her a lot.

May I ask for ya'll to pray that my surgery Monday goes well. I'm having a laproscopic oophorectomy Monday morning at 7 a.m. I should be home that afternoon. Thanks!

• TMarina
    edited February 2011

Lady--I will pray for you!  Hope all goes well.  Check back in Mon. or Tues. to let us know how it went.

Rocket--Thinking of you today!

• Rocket
    edited February 2011

I was a complete wreck after seeing a hot spot today on my bone scan.  I couldn't eat.  I couldn't think of anything but mets. My onc just emailed me this evening to tell me that my bone scan showed degenerative changes (arthritis), but NO CANCER!  I sobbed tears of relief!  I praised God over and over.  Thank you so much for your prayers!  I will sleep peacefully tonight.

Lady, I will certainly pray for you.  I had a complete hyst/ooph laparascopically and it was by far the easiest surgery I have ever had.  I was out Christmas shopping for five hours three days after surgery.  I will pray that yours would be that easy.

• TMarina
    edited February 2011
    Good News Rocket!!! Laughing I bet you are sooooo relieved! Praise God!
  • LadyinBama
    edited February 2011
    Rocket: Hooray for your good news!!! Sleep well. Thanks for the encouragement on the surgery.
  • Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

Dear LadyinBama, Prayers are coming your way, you will do great.  I had my hysterectomy 5 years ago. You will be back to your routine in no time. God bless you, Kathy

• Rocket
    edited February 2011

Relief is an understatement!  Lady, let us know how it goes.  You will do just fine.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

Dear Rocket, Wow, you must feel that you have had a huge burden lifted off your shoulders. God is Good, so now go out and celebrate. Are you a shopper?? Buy yourself something wonderful. Have a great day, Kathy

• TMarina
    edited February 2011

Ladyinbama--Hope all went well for you today!

• marxi
    marxi Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2011

has anyone else gotten a pm from a person named anne roberts stating that God has led her to make contact as she has $ 9000000.00 in a bank account to give to people???

• Dollyd
    Dollyd Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2011

Good morning Jo,

Love your posts. There's a great Scottish saying "Never worry, worry till worry worries you." and "If it's for you,it'll not pass you" and "today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday" and for thoes of you who pray please remember my dear husband who died 27 January 2010.

Loving care to all

Dolly

• LadyinBama
    edited February 2011

Hi Ladies, Thank you all for your prayers. My ooph went fine. I was in and out in 4 hours. They don't waste any time getting you out of surgery these days, which is fine with me. I had a lot of shoulder pain last night. The doctor had said that shoulder pain was common with the type anesthetic they used; weird. And this morning my belly button hurts. They pull the ovaries out through the belly button, yuk. But it's not too bad and I've got some pain meds to take. I've been up since 3 am since I slept most of yesterday, so I imagine I'll go back to bed in a little while and screw up my sleep schedule a little bit more!

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2011

Marxi, sometimes we do get spammers on the site who try to get information from us and that pm sounds like one of them.

Right now I am trusting in the Lord. I was laid off in September and the Lord is taking care of me and my family. We are making it on my husband's income and my unemployment alone.

Sheila 

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

Dear LadyinBama, so glad everything went well and it is over. Prayers are coming your way for pain relief and healing.. God bless you, Kathy

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011

Hey ladies I just ran across this thread and would love to join it.  I have been lucky in that I am surrounded by good Chrisitan friends that have helped me along this journey.  I have found information on BCO very helpful but would love to be on this thread with other women who love the Lord.

• LadyinBama
    edited February 2011

Welcome Sherry!

• Rocket
    edited February 2011

LadyinBama - So glad you did well with your surgery.  I will echo Jo-5, follow doctor's orders.  I'm praising the Lord for your recovery thus far!

Welcome Sherry!  I'm glad you found us.  I too am not online as much lately due to a new puppy in my life.  He's such good therapy. 

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited February 2011

I am new to this link and am waiting for my biopsy results on Thursday. A little scared but know my God is in control.  It is nice to have other Bible believing people to post to. I also post to In the garden one It never hurts to surround yourself with people who believe in God.  So thank you and God Bless you all.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2011

Dear Lynniea!!!! Yes, God is in control and He will take good care of you. You are a role model for many with your strong faith and kindness. Prayers are coming your way for peace and healing. God bless you, Kathy I post in the Garden also.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2011

lynniea will be praying for you.  Waiting is the worst, but know that God is with you.

• TMarina
    edited February 2011

Welcome here Sherry!

Lynniea--Welcome, and I will be praying for you too!  The waiting is the worst--but it's a good time to read some Psalms! :)