Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• heavenschild
    heavenschild Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2011

There is a song that I have had on infinite repeat, it is "Trust" by Kristene Muller:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NJy8H7t4Q

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2011

Thanks ladies all went well just a little bump in the road and it is nothing that my God can't handle.  I  go tomorrow for my 2nd chemo. and know everything is going to be ok

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited April 2011

Hi ladies, I'm home, surgeries went well. thanks so  much for the prayers! love and blessings to you all.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Just got home praise God it went smooth today.  No bumps out in 3 hours. 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2011

Dear LadyinBama!!!! Please rest and prayers are coming your way for continued healing. Yes, what would we do without our faith!!!  God bless you, Kathy

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

You will be in my prayers Ladyinbama Went out this AM had nulasta shot and to a friends house she should me how to tie a scarf for my head.  She made my daughter and I breakfast it was very good.  Going to take a nap now.

• LadyinBama
    edited April 2011

Good news! No cancer was found in the omentum taken out last week. So, although I'm still considered Stage 3 since that microscopic stuff was found in the first surgery, I "feel" like I'm earlier stage, like it was caught early enough that it's all going to be ok. I'll do more chemo, but I don't have to start for about a month. My onc. said "go home and heal" from my surgery.

God is awesome and powerful! Thank you all for your prayers and support.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

I see my OD tomorrow for regular visit after chemo.  It feels smaller to me but we will see tomorrow.  I will let you all knon

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2011

Dear LadyinBama, That is such awesome news!!!! Prayers are answered. I am praying for your continued healing and strength. God bless you!!!!!!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2011

Dear Lynniea, Prayers are coming your way for a great checkup!!!!! God bless you!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2011

Lynniea and LadyinBama - Praying for you right now.  God is glorified through your powerful testimony of Him as He continues to lift you up and carry you through this ordeal.  I praise Him for your continued recovery LadyinBama and for good news about your surgery that no further cancer was found.  Lynniea, I'm praying for a great checkup as well.  Keep us posted.  Blessings!

Heavenschild - how are you doing?  Where are you in the treatment process?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Ladyinbama what great news. 

Lynniea praying for a good check up

God is good and will always be with you.

• heavenschild
    edited April 2011

Rocket - thanks for asking, I am now in Rads, 20/30 today and wishing it was all over. Fatigue and pain (mainly fatigue), but at least I am on the countdown.  I had a low grade diagnosis, but took 2 surgeries and a hematoma excision in the process.  I almost feel guilty not having to have gone through chemo!  Much braver ladies on this forum!  Cyber hugs to you. 

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Done with OD great visit It shrunk again it is now 3.25 X 3 Praise God he has done marvelous things

• pejkug3
    pejkug3 Member Posts: 277
    edited April 2011

You all are such faithful prayer warriors.  So encouraging to read your posts and thbe friendships between you all.

I've popped in here before.  But I lost my way back and couldn't remember where you all were.

I wish I could say that I'm as stro ng as you guys, but fear has been gripping me.  Sometimes I think I should just ban myself from reading any more about BC.  Statistics are cold math and God is the only one who knows anyhow.

Maybe I'm feeling low after TCH #3 but I feel overwhelmed.  I'm just frustrated, I guess.

So how did you guys get to a point where you were able to hand it all over to God and let it go?  I just don't know how to get there...

Aw, man.  I sound so pathetic.  lol  I just need some direction in this area, I guess.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

I will be praying for you.  I have had second chemo and it shrunk over half.  You just have to trust him and believe that all will be well.  We had a visiting minister who God spoke to him to tell me I was going to be alright.  I hold that in my heart and know he is a praying man of God.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2011

Dear Pejkug3, Goodness, you do not sound pathetic. You have every right to be scared, overwhelmed and frustrated. You have come to the right place to express yourself. The women here are wonderful and very supportive, which is exactly what you need right now. We have almost the same diagnosis and I am almost 7 years out. There is life after BC and the Lord and these wonderful ladies are here to help you get through this challenging journey. Just take one day at a time and know that prayers are coming your way. Cry, vent and even scream if that is what you need to get you through this, all the time directing  your frustration right at our Lord. He is listening and He cares. He won't let you travel this road alone. It is amazing how He places the right people in your life to get you through difficult times. We are blessed and honored to have you on this thread. God bless you and know that you are being prayed for right now. Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2011

Hi, Lynniea, I saw you pop in. I am working until after Easter, so I pop in early mornings and weekends. Hope you are doing well. God bless you, Kathy

• heavenschild
    edited April 2011

JO-5:  thanks, I seem to major on guilt.  Seems to be one of the messages that the Lord is trying to get through my head in this season is that He really loves me.  At the beginnng of this He told me that all my days were numbered, it was so comforting.  Our lives are not random with the enemy wrecking havoc in our lives, funny it took going through BC to learn this. 

Gentle hugs to all!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2011

Hi, Jo!!!! Loved the song, words and pictures, This is a keeper, thanks so much!!!!! Have a very blessed day!!! Kathy

• wan2bwell
    wan2bwell Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2011

need you ladies to pray that I will quit with the worry and let go and let GOD.  I have been unable to sleep for a few night due to excessive dry mouth and now lumph node in front is swollen big.  I see the PS in two weeks and the dentist that week.  My family pratictioner took blood because I am always anemic, but anything new just blows me away.  I really want to finish my fills so that I can have a sorta normal summer before we do the exchange.  Our nine year old needs so much to have a regular time for a while.  Stress is a real problem with me and I am not getting on top of it-it is getting on top of me.  Prayer is the answer.  Thank you for understanding:)

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Will be praying

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

God has kept me from being really sick .  It's hard to believe that people cant see this the way others do.  I don't know if I could handle this without Jesus

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2011

I don't post very often as my life is crazy busy, but when I do get the opportunity, I read this thread the most.  You have all become very dear to me and I pray for you all often.  My husband thinks it's cute when we pray together each night, and I mention the folks from this thread by your logon names (Jo-5, Lynniea, LadyinBama, Heavenschild, Pejkug3, Kindergarten, Wan2bewell, etc.) before the throne of grace.  Smile 

I completely understand the fear going through Pejkug3's mind.  I had a very difficult time believing that I'd make it through the surgery, chemo, rads, hyst/ooph and when other cancer survivors would tell me that I'd feel a lot less anxious after I was about a year from all the treatments, I couldn't even imagine it.  Now here I am, a year from my last chemo treatment this week, and I have a mop of curls on my head and I'm getting on with my life.  I'm not paralyzed by the fear as much any more.  It does rear it's ugly head now and then, and I still struggle with the aftereffects of treatments, but I know and trust that God is on the throne.  I have come face to face with my own mortality and it has caused me to live more faithfully and to trust more deeply.  There are still nights that I lay awake and on those nights I just begin to pray and sing hymns silently in my head.  I then drift off to sleep.  The fact is, statistics are just numbers, but we serve a mighty God who is all-powerful and will not give us more than we can bear - even when it seems like it to us.  His grace is sufficient.  I now stay away from reading statistics and instead read God's word.  It's a lot more comforting and enlightening.

You continue to be in my prayers.  We are survivors and overcomers!  Praise be to God!

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

amen Good word

• LadyinBama
    edited April 2011

Ditto and amen Rocket!

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

Rocket thanks for your words. AMEN

Lynniea glad to hear your tumor is shrinking and that the chemo has been bearable for you.

My Dad finished rads on Monday and was to start chemo on Monday but his RBC was to low so he had to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion.  They will recheck his blood next week and hopefully he will start chemo.  He has not had any pain relief from the rads, even though it could still happen in the next week or two.  I am really worried about how his body will respond to chemo.  He is just not in real good health.  Please pray for him and my Mom who is wearing herself out and she is not in great health either.

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

I will be praying for him that chemo will be able to be done Sherry.  God it able to do the impossible

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Keep me in prayer 3rd AC chemo today.  God has been good to me

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

Lynniea will be praying girlfriend.