thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited October 2015

Jean, a friend of mine had a hip replacement. It took her a while to recover......used a walker for a couple months, but is doing great now. Fully recovered. Her surgery was last March.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2015

Dear Nancy, lifting up your Dear Aunt Betty in prayer!

Dear Jo-5!! Prayers for continued healing, peace and recovery!!

God Bless all of you wonderful Ladies! May each of you have a weekend filled with Many Blessings, Joy, Love and Laughter!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited October 2015

Good evening ladies,

I have been killing myself getting things done at my mom's before the big game with the Mets. Thank you for all of your prayers for my Aunt Betty. I know she needs them and appreciates them very much. She will be totally (hopefully) distracted tonight because she is a BIG Cubs fan.

I have been doing a bit of yard work for my mom. The messy sycamore tree in the back yard that drop a gazillion sticks besides leaves is almost as old as I am. I brought it home from kindergarten on Arbor Day back in the horse and buggy days.SillyHeart Never plant a sycamore tree unless you really enjoy picking up sticks and branches and huge leaves when they fall. I did not sign up for this task. It is supposed to be done by people we pay to do this. Not sure where they have disappeared to.

Aurora, so glad you posted. I am truly amazed and relieved that you made it through the surgery. Thank goodness for those drugs! Praying for great recovery for you dear sister.

27heart, I hope you have a great time at church and can start a good relationship with the pastor who has reached out to you.

Ellen will be having hip replacement coming up on Nov. 5 (is that right Ellen). I am only trusting my memory which could be a dangerous thing. I think it is either the 5th or the 6th. My laptop deletes email after so many so I don't have record like my desktop computer.

Lynn, praying you can stay positive and hopeful and victory over fear and worry.

Jean, praying that your supplements and suggestions for pain relief will work for you. Maybe a hip injection will be helpful as well.

Joanne, praying you are feeling much better. Continued prayers that the red spot of concern disappears.

Kath, hoping you are enjoying the boys with your feet propped up and taking care of you.

Lucy, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a while. Continued prayers for you and Steve.

Anita, if you are reading we still pray for you and love and care about you dear sister.

Well back to the game. Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2015

Good Evening ladies,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. We started a little house changing today to prepare for my recuperation.

Nancy has a good memory...it is Nov. 5. Jo, my incision is going to be on my side, and that's about all I know. The doc says I could have some type of structural issue with my hip socket, which would account for this much damage at my age. He is also going to try and fit the prosthesis in such a way to give my right leg a little more length, also a possible reason for all the problems. I knew my right leg was slightly shorter but didn't know it could cause so many issues.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. My pre-op is this Thursday, so I may get a better idea of recuperation time then. I am blessed to have my Ortho doc'soffice, the Cancer Center, and two rehab facilities within 7 miles of my house.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday, and hope you are able to attend worship.(1 Chronicles 29:13)

Ellen

• Kindergarten
    edited October 2015

Yikes, Nancy!! Prayers for our Cubs!!!

May you all have a Blessed Sunday!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2015

Well being a New Yorker, I will be rooting for the Mets. (Sorry Nancy.) I used to live almost walking distance to. Shea Stadium before we moved upstate. Today I am grateful for sleeping in after some painful awake time overnight. Also that God is keeping me calm about possible hip surgery since I was able to stop resisting and surrender to whatever His will is. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2015

Thought of you all during service this morning. Continuing to pray as I write and listen to Christian music on TV.

I have to also admit rooting for the Mets last night as my mom was a diehard fan (even when they stayed i the basement) and I'm also a transplanted New Yorker. It's all about fun.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Good afternoon ladies of faith and all fans whether Cubs or Mets Hug

We are celebrating my mom's 90th birthday this evening. My niece and nephew are coming in from Iowa so that will be fun to see them. Here is my mom this morning before church.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Wow, Nancy, your mom looks wonderful! May we all live to be 90 and look half that good! Have fun celebrating!

Lynn

• patoo
    edited October 2015

She is beautiful. Happy Birthday to her.

• Kindergarten
    edited October 2015

Nancy, your Mom is beautiful! Happy Birthday to Her!!

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2015

Happy Sunday night ladies, my hand is wrapped and braced due to the pain so my typing is kind of a problem but it is all good. I was reading Hebrews today and had to smile when the apostles were beaten and told not to preach in the name of Jesus Christ because they rejoiced to be considered worthy to be punished in his name and went out and continued to preaching. I will rejoice too, because I know this is just a season and it will pass. I had to participate in a photo shoot at the dance studoi this afternoon and without really workign out I felt a bit out of shape, but I kept reminding myself that we are all beautifully and wonderfully made and we need to remember that. It is easy to become distressed with what we see and how we feel but if we remember that we are blessed we can move forward with a smile through our day. Have a great week.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Hey ladies of faith,

I am back home safe and sound now. It was a good trip to my mom's and we had a good celebration last night for her birthday. I read her your beautiful posts regarding her and her picture and she was pleased. Yes, I hope to look that good if I can possibly make it till 90.

Aurora, praying for continued pain control and for patience in your recovery period.

27heart, I hope you had a chance to connect with your pastor on Sunday. I am continuing to pray that you get to know the heart of God more and more each day.

Ellen, we will be lifting you up as you prepare for this hip replacement on Nov. 5. I have one leg that is considerably shorter as well. I wear orthotics and have a shoe lift to offset the leg length discrepancy. You will laugh but my muscle therapist suggested I buy this butt lift many years ago when I drive which also helps compensate as I have a tilted pelvis and it helps when sitting a long time. A big discrepancy in leg length can cause a whole host of problems so hopefully yours will be remedied with the surgery.

Joanne, praying that you are feeling better. I continue to pray that red spot away and also that your pain will diminish enough where you won't have to take the pain meds for much longer.

She angel, praying for your pain and that this in fact will be for a season. Hopefully a very short season

Jean and Phyliss, congrats to the Mets on the first two games.

Debbie (foots) how are you doing? I miss seeing your posts. I hope you and Faith are doing okay. Continued prayers for you dear sister.

Kath, praying that you are having a great time with the boys.

Lucy, continued prayers for you and Steve. I hope you can drop in and let us know how you are doing.

I had a good long time to pray for all of you coming back home as I prayed for you going to my mom's. I hope everyone has a great week.

Love,

Nancy

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015

Nancy, we were posting at the same time :) Except mine froze and disappered.

Quick check in--- church and breakfast yesterday with the family: today I went to gynecologist/ MO and got some cream

then to see Bridge of Spies with the boys: just a great time with them. Tomorrow back to work.

Nancy, your mom IS just beautiful: I know you were so busy there, so take some NANCY time!

My MO looked at my red, swollen calf and foot, but before he could start I told him the truth, that I did not realize I was scratching it so hard. Right completely recovered. I just have to be able to take the abraxene: prayers appreciated!

thankful for so much, He is just so loving, good, and mindful of reeling he back in JUST when I start off track :)

Hugs and inidividual prayers tonight

Kath

• Waterstreet
    Waterstreet Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2015

JO-5 I did not find it.

• Waterstreet
    edited October 2015

JO-5 I just found it top of page 7.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Joanne, I looked and it is there on mine.

Waterstreet, how are you? I have continued to pray for you. I was wondering if you lost this thread again. I do know sometime even though you have this thread selected to receive email notifications it can get bumped off sometimes and you have to go back in and choose that option again. I hope you have a plan in place now. Let us know how we can pray for you.

Kath, glad you had a good time with your boys. Sorry you lost your post. Will be praying that the crème helps your SE's. Praying for strength when going back to work tomorrow.

Hope the mods can fix whatever is happening. Strange that it is only a problem for some and not others. I am glad I don't have to figure it out.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    edited October 2015

I see it on page one.

Heading to bed and will lift you all up in my evening prayers.

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Hello all, I am a bit anxious tonight as tomorrow is another round of tumor marker blood tests. Last time iCEA was high and I had to hsve 5 CT scans and a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Very stressful and even more waiting for results. I ask for prayers that this tumor marker has gone down. I am recovering well from my last surgery 3 weeks ago and just want to get on with a somewhat normal life.

Glad you had a good trip, Nancy, and are home safe and sound. Once again, using your list for my nightly prayers. Sleep well, everyone.

• Waterstreet
    edited October 2015

Mysunshine48 - I am geting close to surgery; I have mapping Wed., radiation seed implant Thur. and surgery Fri. I am praying all goes well for you!

• patoo
    edited October 2015

mysunshine and waterstreet, will be praying for both of you for good results.

• Waterstreet
    edited October 2015

Thank you, I will keep all in my prayers also. Take care ThumbsUpThumbsUp

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2015

Since I finally was dragged kicking and screaming into surrendering to God's will about needing a hip replacement, I have much more peace. I found a doctor who does the anterior method at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Seeing him first week of December. Also gave in to having hip injections. I have decided to trust my doctors and God's wisdom through them and stop second guessing every little thing. I am so grateful for God's patience with this stubborn child. Love, Jean

• Waterstreet
    edited October 2015

Sometimes I feel that way, I get in in my head I can do it on my one and things always go best when God is there for the decisions. He has a way of reminding me that its time for him to take the wheel.

My hip is giving me problems, but all I have done so far is get an xray.

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Jean, Glad you made this decision. I hope I was some help in the PM to you.

Off for that bloodwork.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2015

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

To BCO and all of the moderators for all you do for us. I just made a donation and thank you for the reminder. I made my donation in honor of Sue Hahn who blessed so many of us on this thread. We all appreciate this forum and how it has made such an enormous difference in our lives both in information and the sense of support that we get from the community that you have allowed us to create.

Thank you again.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Lynn, praying that your tumor marker goes down. I guess I didn't think you would have to do this since you had all those scans but I guess your MO is being very diligent with you. Praying for peace in this wait time.

Jean, praying that you can trust in the Lord to bring you through whatever is in the future. Just think all this long journey how He has helped you through it. Praying you won't have to have this surgery for a long time so you can enjoy getting some new normal in your life.

Waterstreet, we will be praying for your for your procedures this week and for your surgery this Friday.

Phyliss, thanks for always being an encouragement to everyone. Have a great evening.

Have a good evening everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2015

thank you all for your prayers I'm coming along fine the pain is not too bad made is in keeping it afar supposed to go to nursing f