thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2015

Aw shucks, and I was looking forward to a trip to sunny Florida! (Just kidding.) Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited October 2015

Hey Jean! Get that hip fixed up and come on down! You would be most welcome!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2015

Jean, mysunshine48 gave up her room here in favor of a house so you are definitely welcome to come on down. Just give me a day's notice when your flight drops you in Orlando and I'm there to pick you up. Kath, when you are better we will plan on meeting. Might be in 2016 after Lynn has moved up here and Aurora also has to heal and maybe will join us (and anyone else who cares to come!)

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited October 2015

Good evening lady warriors,

Mags, hope you find some meds that will help you. I don't know if I have ever seen a red dragonfly. Very cool. Glad you could have lunch with your cousin. Hope she is doing well in her new job.

Lynn, Congratulations on your new home. I bought my home I am in now and have been for 24 years. It was my first home and I bought it with no realtor. That was pretty scary but God was in the details. I was thrilled when I bought it and I hope you will too. You already have a friend in the community with Phyliss so that is really neat.

Waterstreet, praying that you will feel better and can keep things down after your surgery.

Aurora, praying that you are getting more used to your surroundings. If it is the Lord's will maybe you can go to a different facility. Try to hang on to God. He is going to get your through this time.

27heart, I am not surprised that you are being attacked by the enemy. You have had some spiritual victories and physical victories and the enemy doesn't like that. Just know that God in you is greater than all the evil forces around you trying to lie to you and get in your head.

Ellen. praying for you as you prepare for your surgery next week. (Nov. 5)

Joanne, you are the epitome of grace under fire. Praying that this setback will pass quickly and you can get on with your recovery without anymore complications.

Jean, glad you got your appointment moved up.

Phyliss, maybe they should give you a commission. LOL You are the welcome lady of Florida! We could all have a big slumber party on the beach. I could go for that in the middle of winter!

Greta, how are you doing with your mom, daughter, Dad and YOU?

Mini, praying for your new job as you start next week.

Kathy, how are you doing. Continued prayers for your son and DIL.

Debbie foots, how are you doing?

Angie, prayers for you as you work and finding your new normal.

She, prayers that your pain issues will improve.

Kath, praying that this cellulitis will get knocked out soon. Praying for supernatural strength as you continue to work. Praying that God will allow you to think clearly through chemo brain. One foot in front of the other. You can do this!

Let's lift up Lucy and Anita. Anita hasn't logged on for over a month and Lucy hadn't logged on for a week. I am concerned about both of them.

I shared with you a picture of my clarinet professor, Mr. McGrosso from college who will be 100 next Wed on Nov. 4. I sent him a four page typed letter of my testimony and left no stone unturned. He usually writes back very quickly and I haven't heard from him at all. My ex boyfriend and wife are going down to visit him tomorrow. He invited me to join them but I am unable to go. My ex said he would see if he forgot to respond to my letter which I guess is possible from what he told me tonight in an email. My prayer request is that he come to know the Lord before he passes. He is in hospice and has been for several months.

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Good morning dear sisters. Been up since around 5. Hubby had a fall coming back from the bathroom but I am so grateful he didn't get hurt and is sleeping peacefully. Also thanking God for my moved up appointment. Please keep it in prayer for clarity about if and when I should have surgery. Going to PT later after lunch with my 12 step friend. Thanks for the Florida invite. I would love to meet you all some day either here or in heaven.

Prayed through Nancy's list.

Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Hello. Sorry I have been so absent my life has been crazy! My daughter Whitney is doing well had a few scares but all seems to be ok. Scaring May be the cause of some pain and the Pap smear results are still pending. My dad still wants to come home but he just can't yet. My mom is doing fair. Her deist is so restricted she has lost a Ron of weight but the renal diet is tough. She still has some swelling in feet and ankles but her labs so far have been good so she hasn't had to do anymore dialysis. She still is very tired. In the mean time my hubby's sister ran over one of my dogs and I have been in a whirlwind! I had to rush him to the ER hospital about 30 minutes from here their x ray machine was broken so had to go another 30 miles. He spent 2 nights there and they said he needed orthopedic surgery which we can not do its thousands of dollars and I love him but.... So we picked him up Monday brought him to his vet and he told us to bring Deuce home and watch him that he may do some healing on his own. We did and he was in our living room well he got diarrhea and Keith and I were up half the night tended to him and cleaning floors I have stained concrete thank goodness and oh I was over whelmed!! Then the next day he seemed ok but that evening he started again so now he is outside in the pin. As far as the pelvis injury (fractured in three places) we are still watching him. He seems to be trying to use the right leg some and that's a good sign. But he still has diarrhea. Now I know y'all don't know me that well but I am an animal lover especially my dogs! Keith tells people all the time if he believed in reincarnation he wanted to come back as one of my dogs. This is killing me and I have cried and cried but I also know that he may have to be put down. So it's been an emotional time. I feel like I am a big cry baby! Between my mom being so ill haveing to put dad in nursing home Whitney's issues my dog all I seem to do is cry!! Told my family wasn't sure if this all me or this chemo! Anyway thankss for listening. Hugs and prayers to all.

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Oh Greta, lots on your plate but you know who has your back, our Lord, and He will give you the strength to keep going. {{ HUGS }}

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Greta, I feel so bad for you. I am an animal lover too. Hsve you tried going to various vets and asking if they can help you and discount surgery or pay a little at a time. There are people who may help. Also, try GoFundMe.co

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Greta,

I have continued to pray for you with all you have going on. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I am a huge animal lover too so I can certainly sympathize with your situation. I am glad to hear that things may be okay with your daughter. Praying that your mom will not have to go back on dialysis. I will pray for a miracle for your dog and that like your vet said maybe there will be some healing on it's own. It is so awful when the price tag on vet bills puts us in such horrible situations and decisions.

Hang in there dear sister. Things have got to start looking up for you. I know you have been through so much and it is normal for you to be overwhelmed. Anyone would be in your shoes.

Continued prayers for you.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Ladies this confirms for me what I am being shown during this journey. We are to expect suffering here on earth. We are being prepared for eternity, not for a safe, comfortable easy life down here.

Acts 14:22.....confirming the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that through many tribulations we must enter into the kingdom of God

Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2015

I apologize for being absent. This thread disappeared from my favorites. I caught up on the post and please know that I have prayed for each of your petitions, excited about the praise reports , touched by the testimonies and so encouraged and thankful by the continued encouragement that everyone gives despite your own circumstances. I thank Our Heavenly Father for each of you.

Nancy as always thank you for the prayer list it really helped praying for specific needs. Your ministry is just awesome and I pray for you that the Lord continues to strengthen and use you. Thank you! How is your Aunt and Mom? Praying for your teacher.

Lucy, Aurora and Anita, frevent prayers for you my dear sisters and your families.

She, Kath, Myshine, Debbie, Foots, Jo and Jean the Lord is bringing each of you front and center in my prayers. Those that I haven't mentioned praying for you also.

God Bless and Love across the miles,

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Today I am grateful for all the reminders my dear Jesus is giving me that suffering is an essential part of being transformed into His image.

. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Thank you Lord for not giving up on me. Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Patoo Mysunshine Nancy thank you. He is going to the vet today and we will see how he is progressing.

JO-5 I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. Your faith and strength are a true inspiration.

Jean yes our struggles here on earth are a journey of preparation.

Hope everyone has a blessed weekend

• Waterstreet
    Waterstreet Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2015

JO-5 your post is so beautiful, thank you for posting it.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

I don't usually post these kind of pics but it gave me such a smile I pray that it will for you too. Greta, how was your vet apt? Praying for your dog and you. Waterstreet how are you feeling? I have been praying that you are able to keep things down at this point and doing much better.

Kath was able to get a reduced dose of chemo today. Her blood counts are off and continue to be so let's pray that the shots and her added med will help her to have more energy as she continues to work during this time. She has been battling cellulitis in her leg too. Hang in there dear sister.

Angie, good to hear from you. There was trouble with this thread due to an update so I think you were not alone in having some problems. I still need to post that pic of the lady bug for you. I need to doctor it up a bit. Not the greatest pic.

Joanne, continued prayers for complete healing from head to toe!

Ellen, let's remember to pray for her as she has her hip replacement on Nov. 5.

Hope this makes you smile. It made me.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Here's a pic for you Angie.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2015

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!! I am doing a weekly Bible Study : "The Armor Of God", by Priscilla Shirer! It is wonderful! Satan is always trying to interfere with our lives, but in this study, we learn many strategies to keep him from destroying our lives!! His reign of terror will be stopped, through prayer and knowing how much GOD LOVES US!!

You are all beautiful women who are such wonderful role models!!

• Waterstreet
    Waterstreet Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2015

bandwoman12… Thank you, I'm happy to say I kept things down today for the first time since surgery last Friday. I am keeping meals down to no more than six bites. I have lost 12 pounds since last Friday. I found myself wet and freezing in todays storms. Don't get drenched with your bra as a bandage, oh do the wet clothes against the incisions hurt when you get chilled. I got a tip from another sister on the website to get out the electric mattress pad and when I used it, it put me right to sleep. I will probably be up all night now.

My DIL's house flooded as well as her backyard in the storms today. I felt sorry for her. She just kept mopping up the water. It kept coming in from the lake that formed in her backyard. My living room ceiling is leaking. The Lord was watching us today as we had tornado warnings, but they didn't come as the news predicted. The wind blew strong enough to pull the metal flash plates from around the fireplace flue on the roof. It was sticking straight up in the air with the nails still in it. My poor dog was so scared. All is quiet now, thank God.

I thank you for your prayers, I to am keeping a prayer list from this website and am praying for all. For the dog also, I rescued my dog from being euthinized a year ago last June. The vet called me about her because I had just lost my boxer. I vowed there would be no more after her. When he called he said if I would not take her, he would have to put her down, then he told me her previous owners had moved leaving her chained to a tree and they had broken her front teeth out and you could count every rib/bone on her. So now I have a new best friend; I named her Precious1.She has truly been a blessing. You can't count her bones anymore.

Take care, God bless you sweet lady, sleep tight and heal well. Here is my Precious1.

• Kindergarten
    edited October 2015

Thank you, Jo-5, for this wonderful post! I will share nuggets of the Bible

Study!! Hope you are feeling better each and every day!! Waterstreet, I am lifting you and your dear daughter up in orayer!

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Today I am so grateful for life, sunshine, salvation, my husband, my family, and blessings that He ls giving me that I can't even remember. I woke up this morning after a very restless night with little sleep due to pain, feeling though there is nothing to be grateful for but as I sit here looking out at the beautiful colorful leaves of fall I am grateful to be alive. Thank you God for changing my attitude. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    edited October 2015

Thank you, Jean, for your wonderful post!!! God is Good, All the Time

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Oh my dear lsdies. I know many of us,are struggling. Please Google, Casting Crowns, go to utube and listen to "Just Be Held". It really had me in (good) tears this morning. Sorry I am not savvy enough to post a direct link. Maybe one of you can do that. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015

Good mornning ladies! Thanks Nancy for posting for me yesteerday. WELCOME WELCOME to the "newcomers"

This thread has continually challenged me, my walk with Jesus has become so much stronger because of this thread.

Yes, all my counts are ridiculously low. Even after two neupogen shots last week my WBC still dropped, my ANC, and they are testing my blood first for iron and then talking about procrit: I am tnot so sure about it. I need to clear with my cardiologist.

Up till 3:30-- par for course, but feel good today: going to do some errands and look forward to my Clemson Tigers play at 3:30

You all know how much I love my DH: but I HAVE to do errands alone today: i really miss some alone time :0

Most of you know I liken this cancer return to the best of three in a baseball series. Won first round when tumor marker dropped 85 points after 1 round of abraxene. Next Friday I have my second test after this round: If I can get it next Friday. I have a special "team" that I email and consider you all part of my TEAM. So, this weeks chemo picture reminds me and this weeks "game" brought to you by the

TEAM.

God paired me yesterday with a totally delightful 48 year old, Christian man who is a teacher, wife a teacher.

They have two kids. The son, 14, especially his son. His is a rare, very aggressive type of cancer. I always go into a side room by myself so I can work, read the Word, etc so am usually by myself: but he has to wear a mask and stay away from folks.

Anyway one story he told his son....... Son, we have 2 options. Option one: I fight this like a champion, results are wonderful, and God says, well done my faithful servant: now go back to teaching, your family, etc. Option 2== fight like a champion of God, and He says: Well done my faithful servant, now it is time for you to come home. Son, those are the two options. Obviously we are rooting for option 1, but it is iin His hands. He has to go to Moffitt and stay there for intense therapy every few weeks also.

SO nice to talk to someone "my age" haha: I am 54, but as a spouse about spouse issues, what we can do better, etc. I am going to get him Jesus Calling and leave for him. Just an incredible blessing.

Also learned that if you are near a Publix, they will deliver your groceries to your house for the week after chemo. I shared with the group of ladies about Cleaning for a Reason.

I know there are angels here on earth. Derrick yesterday is one.

When I got home, there was a package for me. Inside was a hand made throw, made by someone with severe arthritis. As soon as I put it on, I honestly honestly felt His love, Her love, prayers, and complete calm I am now linus. It goes with me from recliner to the bed. thank you thank y ou thank you. Love to you

Prayers for you all individually at night. I love reading all the posts everyday: I may not post daily, but Nancy always knows whats up.

Patoo and Lynn: I do go to conferences in Orlando. I just submitted a proposal to speak to the national childrens mental health one this spring.

Lynn, did you get your results?

She: no words

Prayers for everyone to have a blessed day, can warm a pew tomorrow ( I am so hopeful I can go)

Hugs and prayers,

Kath

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015

imageOops here is my "team pic" while getting chemo

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Toby, I did get my CEA results by phone from a nurse. Still up. :) I see my MO this coming Friday and will have to see what she says. I have had 5 CT scans and a colonoscopy and endoscopy. What more? I do not know much about PET scans. Is that better than CT scans? Why is this CEA high? It is worrisome and causes anxiety. I just keep praying for it to go down and not be hiding something not showing up. Scary!

You are very pretty!

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Kath, let us know if/when you will be in Orlando. Great pic.

Hi JO!

mysunshine48, sorry the CEA is still up. Praying your MO will have some answers for you on Friday. Keep your eyes focused on our Lord above and feel His precious love.

Blessings.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

Hey ladies,

It is that lovely time of year where I can't remember if my clock will automatically set itself or not. I go through this every time change. You would think I would have figured it out by now but nooooooooooooo. It as been a weird and crazy day. Rainy here even though some trick or treaters came to my door with my lights out. I was expecting none. I am working on a photo album for my aunt who broke her hip. I sent her a framed pic today. I am still figuring what to do for my 100 year old professor. I did find a card that says you are 100. Not many of them out there but Hallmark had then. I did here from the professor after reading my four paged typed testimony. His response was interesting but not convincing. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will work on his heart in his last hours. So far he said he is getting stronger on steroids and that is not supposed to be the plan of fading out comfortably.

Kath, I hope you got to go out and do some errands and get some alone time and just get out and do normal things which I know is so hard when you are on the cancer planet full time. I sure am praying that your SE will be less and that the less dose of chemo will still make that mass into a puddle of nothingness! I am glad you got to talk to this man during chemo. I met some special people during rads. People find it hard to believe that we can have blessing along the way but we certainly can. My life was changed for good and for the better.

Hope you can make it to church tomorrow.

Lynn, I just don't understand this tumor marker at all. I know I have heard some ladies say here that tumor markers are not always accurate for some people. Since you have had all of these tests I just don't know what more your MO wants you to do. I know this must be making you crazy at this point. Try to focus on the Lord and try to go about your normal day and distract yourself from the what if thinking as much as you can.

Waterstreet, praying that you will improve day by day.

Greta, continued prayers for you all of your family and your dog.

Ellen, praying for mental, physical and spiritual readiness for next Thursday, Nov 5 surgery day.

Jean, praying you can remain in a spirit of gratitude. Casting Crowns is one of my favorite groups.

Debbie (foots) praying for you and Faith dear sister. I know you have many challenges going on.

Joanne, praying that you will get your old self back very soon. That didn't come out sounding the way I wanted to. LOL

For all of our ladies I hope you have a restful night and get that extra hour of sleep in.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

Here is the video Jean wanted to post. Casting Crowns Just Be Held

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2015

Today I am so grateful for this wonderful blessed community. I had 4 hrs of unbroken sleep last night. I have been a sleep addict and am finally surrendering the amount of sleep I get to Him. Jesus is so good. Solid pure gold is the rock I stand on. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015