thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2015

Thank you ladies. I do feel more hopeful today so far and am grateful. Prayers continue for you all as I read and lift you all up. Grateful for God and my hubby's forgiveness, patience and understanding as I park my broom. I am hoping to burn it soon and have it replaced with God's angels. Grateful that God forgives and restores me always. He is faithfull, trustworthy and always there in the darkest of times. Relentless! Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2015

mema4 I totally get you in 2008 I got mad at God and went on a crazy phase I now take medication for the mental health stuff and I'm slowly but surely getting right with the Lord . Glad you reached for help! Will pray for you.

Auro

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited October 2015

The hardest for me, and always will be, is my best can't be for a person. It has to be between God and me. And that's the best of everything, love, sharing, compassion....whatever it is. Take care of what is between you two and the rest will follow. If they don't, they shouldn't be on your path. Hard lesson for me cause I'm a peacemaker of sorts, a problem solver. I'm supposed to fix everything and make everyone feel better; go the extra mile type of person. And I just don't get how some people can turn from that. But, God didn't give me those answers and don't think he will. So, I'm here thank goodness and will keep learning, sick or not, I keep learning.

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2015

Afternoon ladies, church was great today and the pretty sky brightened my mood after weeks of nothing but rain. I check in often but not always to post, but to see where folks are with things and get prayer needs in my head.

I read the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis while at the beach and although it is dubbed as fiction I can see the spirits of the evil one using our weaknesses to his advantage to cause us to forget how we should behave as christians. My office mate at work was diagnosed with breast cancer on Thursday and she is already battling lupos, my mother is experiencing issues with her finances due to some fraud by one of my sisters and her daughter, there is some foolishness going on at church that I only got a hint of today.

The devil is out to kill, steal and destroy and has no qualms about how this is done. We must fortify ourselves and as my pastor pointed out this morning we need to not let what we hear distract us from the real goal. He wants us to forget ourselves and let down our armour. I showed the DH the trailer for War Room and as we have seen the other movies he is looking forward to when we both can go see this one together too.

I was telling Kath earlier that God makes no mistakes, my office is next to my co-worker for a reason. Even though she lives 2 cities away from where I had my surgery the surgeon that she was given an appointment with is the same doctor that did my surgery. I know she is scared because she told me that she worries about trying to explain yet another issue to her 8 year old who is already afraid because she has lupos. But I told her that her calming spirit which I have always admired along with how she treats everyone with so much politeness and respect will prevail. As one christian woman to another we understand that none of this is by our control, we pray for guidance and understanding and just keep moving.

A quick catch up is I did see the Rheumatolgist Friday, and he said that it was not Lupos or rheumatoid arthritis as was suspected but just a severe case of De Queverans a form a tendonitis. My best friend had it 20 years ago in her left hand and they had to do surgery to release the tension in the tendons. Icing and sports bands to keep in immobile for a bit. I am still getting use to the new "girls" the first week back at work was not bad because I wore what we call "civilian clothes" I have a few more weeks before I have to put on the bullet proof vest and 10 pounds of gear on the belt. Hopefully by then I will have shed some of this additional weight to make it easier to carry.

Continue to be a blessing to someone else ladies, its amazing what a prayer and kind words mean to people. We never know what kind of day someone else is having, what we say and do can really change the world. Have a good week

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015

Nancy, prayed for safe travels: hope you made it with no distractions! Off to my war room--- will be praying for all of you of course

Tomorrow I get my first weekly tumor score after one tx. Should be under 40--- mine was 377. I am thinking He has brought it down to 160: we shall see!

Yesterday not a good day, today a bit better.

From my Joyce Myers bible:

Galatians-- The second way we can live is supernaturally by the power of God. We live by faith, trusting God to do what needs to be done in our livesThis way is described in the Bible as a new and living way (see Hebrews 10:20. This new way produces peace, joy, ease, and success.

Hugs and blessings,

Kath

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited October 2015

Thank you Kath for posting that verse. I put so much pressure on myself to be the one with the latest Christian book or up to date readings or the best prayers. I walked out of class berating myself quietly when I couldn't remember something or say a pretty prayer. It's like starting all over again, but cleaner.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2015

Kath, Dr. Stanley just came on and his sermon is out of Hebrews 10, 'Claiming the Promises of God'.

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Going down to Sloan Kettering today to see my chemo doc and have my herceptin / perjeta infusion. Hope she approves the supplements the rehab doc recimmended. Also going to try to set up my PT appointments at a nearby cancer center. I am so grateful for Jesus strength. I repented of my sense of entitlement. Feeling I had a right to take put my frustration on others since I am in pain. He showed me my ugly pride and selfishness. He took away my discouragement and irritability yesterday and has put me back on track, the narrow road. All glory to my blessed redeemer. Church was awesome yesterday. For the first time in awhile I was able to worship freely. I pray the same for all you dear valiant ladies. May He renew your hope in His goodness, love and mercy. Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Good morning. Sorry to read of the emotional turmoil. Lifting up in prayer. I am a roller coaster and never know if I will be laughing crying or ready to hurt someone! I attribute a lot of it to the meds but some of it is just me and sometime just being overwhelmed. Good news ladies we are pretty doggone normal if you ask me! Love and a peaceful day to everyone!

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Gretagirl, you are absolutely correct that we are normal!

zj, love your post. Our God is AWESOME!

Blessings raining down on you all, just reach up and grab one (or more) for the taking.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited October 2015

Hello lady warriors,

I made it to my mom's safely but have some challenges already. My cat started again with blood in the urine. I noticed it right before leaving. She comes with me. I also left a much needed thyroid med at home. UGH. So trying to figure which emergency to deal with first. My cat seems okay so I may wait. I was able to get my meds faxed to a local pharmacy which is a miracle because this drug is considered an alternative to the normal thyroid meds. The fact this pharmacy even had it is a miracle. Going to pick that up soon.

I will have to reread the posts but I know from my own life experiences that the more I dwell on my problems the deeper I go into despair. When I start feeling that happening I realize that I have taken my eyes off of the Lord and onto my problem. That is never a good recipe for peace and joy. Sometimes even mature Christians who have known the Lord for many years still fall prey to this and of course satan is delighted because he thinks he has won. When I realize this happening I have started inviting the Lord into my problems with me and ask His help. Many times it is completely out of my control anyway. That is when the Lord can be strong in us is when we come to the end of ourselves and have to totally rely on Him.

I pray for peace and joy in the midst of the storm for all of us today. For those getting ready for surgery I pray for peace and victory over fear and apprehension. For those starting chemo and for those who are in the midst of chemo and facing another treatment this week I pray for extra strength and courage for you ladies.

I will check in more when I have time. Lots to take care of today. Let's anticipate good things to come and expect them.

Love you all.

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Well I found out today that this was my last infusion! All I am feeling is angry and frightened. The chemo doc has approved the supplements but there is now a question as to how much L glutamine I am supposed to take! Seems the rehab doc and the pharmacist have a difference of opinion. I don't understand but will just have to wait till this is resolved. Please pray for me to have grace to handle things. I seem to fall apart awfully easily these days. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited October 2015

Nancy, You say just the right things!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2015
    Jean, I know it's not unusual to have unexpected emotions when treatment ends for whatever reason. It makes sense. When we are in treatment we know that we have a structure, that we are progressing in our treatment, we have a place to be and a time to be there. In some ways treatment gives meaning to our days. We are DOING SOMETHING about the cancer. When treatment ends, we often feel cut loose from the structure – where do I go? what do I do now? It's another wave in the ocean that is your cancer journey, and you will ride it out until the sea is calm once again.

In our cancer support group tonight we had a newcomer, a woman I've known from Stephen Ministry. Her daughter was just dxed a few weeks ago. So hard to see. She is a dear sweet lady, and I told her she or her daughter could call me.
  • zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Thanks Mags for your understanding and compassion. And thank you all you ladies have been praying for me. God surely hears our prayers. I received a wonderful phone call from my rehab doctor this morning. We are on the same page on how to treat my pain. I also found that our local hospital has the STAR program for rehab for cancer patients and made an appointment for Monday for my physical therapy to start. All of this only happened after I recognized and began to deal with my fear of having finished active cancer treatment. God has been teaching this slow learner and working to conform me to the image of Jesus. Isn't He wonderful?

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11

Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited October 2015

Jean, all I want to say is Amen to that and to that verse.

Au

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

imageimage

CONGRATULATIONS TO JEAN FOR FINISHING ALL TREATMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Amen. Hallelujah. Whoopee. I so love the Lord. You all help to keep my faith strong.

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

And, me too. Having so many things to deal with......in addition to the Cancer worries is definitely a challenge. Trusting God is the only way I can get through the day.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

CUBS WIN THEIR DIVISION WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Polly, you could probably go online for tickets.SillyHeart

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015

I will AMEN that!!!! GREAT series!!!

Nancy, so glad you made it safe and sound; sounds like Cammie is a bit better:)

How is your aunt doing? I love that we can all see the miracles, like you said: don't even get me started on a list!!

Greta, I think we are on the same ride--- Mema, great to see you! Lynn-- so glad you could turn it over

it is stressful, I know. Patoo thanks for sharing about listening about Hebrews the other day. Jo, Mags. all on here, I pray for you daily

Thanks to all of you, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart--- here is my news. As I said, my tumor marker score for uterine was 377. I was blessed in that usually when found it is way higher. But, it should be under 40.

After He provided me with Abraxane, and after ONE TREATMENT ONLY it went down 85. YES, 85 points!!!

Testimony to share of yet another miracle.

Sleep well friends

Kath

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Kath, Praise to our God. How are you feeling with the treatments?

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Nancy, love the roses and diamonds.

Hang on Jo and all of you struggling with pain, treatments and other issues. As God has been satin to me, and I'll pass it along. .... "I've got this, you can let go now!"

Love, Jean

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Yesssssssssssssssssss, we serve an AWESOME God.

Thanks for passing that Jean, love it.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Lord, show me what my purpose is for today, Is it to give someone a simple smile in the midst of my suffering? Is it to be a light to that clerk or waitress whose life may be falling apart in their personal life? Is it a simple act of kindness to a stranger? We are the hands and feet of Jesus every single day to a lost world full of people trying to make sense of this life. Can we be that one single light in a very dark world where people are searching for meaning? Let's go out and be that single light in our community and collectively we can be a huge force for the Lord.

Let's lift up Aurora who is facing a hip replacement surgery this Friday and will have to be off her chemo for several weeks.. Several of our warriors are facing a chemo treatments this week and Jeanne (xjerseygirl) starts chemo for the first time tomorrow I believe it is. Greta has a treatment today and Kath has a treatment on Friday. Let's lift up these ladies.

Ellen will be having one of two hip replacement surgeries in November. Let's pray for peace against fear and apprehension as she prepares for this surgery.

Lucy, any word on your scans? How are you doing?

Phyliss, blessings on you this day. Thanks for your encouragement to all of us.

Kathy, prayers that you are doing well. Continued prayers for your son and his wife.

Artsie, prayers that you are doing well with the heart palpitations.

Anita, still praying for you dear sister. We love you.

Joanne, will find complete peace and healing after a very long surgery and recovery journey.

Jean, praying that your pain issues will improve and that you will soon find your new normal after treatments.

Debbie (foots) how are you doing?

Debbie (Ireland) how are you doing with your new treatments?

She angel, prayers for the pain and for continued strength and stamina.

Lynn, praying that the Lord will help you find that perfect place to start a new beginning with your new normal.

Angie, praying that you are gaining strength and dealing with your Tamoxifin.

Mags, continued prays for you as you are still dealing with pain and fatigue.

Polly, praying that the Lord will give you strength and understanding in issues beyond your control and grace to accept what is for now.

Mini, praying for wisdom in your job possibilities.

Karen, 27Heart, Waterstreet our newer members we pray for your present treatments and for one of you just beginning your bc journey we pray for wisdom, peace and strength for the journey.

Char and Bev, continued prayers for you dear sisters in all of the things you are doing.

Vickie, prayers for continued comfort as you go through dealing with great loss.

Praying for all of those who have had surgery in the past few weeks that your recovery is going well.

For those on inactive treatments we pray that you are doing well and managing the SE's.

For those who are still working we pray for extra strength and grace and courage as you face SE's.

For those not working we pray that you are finding your new normal and finding what your purpose is in retirement.

God Bless all of you dear sisters today.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Today I am so grateful for my hubby's faith that is helping sustain me as I deal with the pain left over from treatments. It seems I have degenerative disease in my left hip. Not enough for a replacement yet. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Thank you, Nancy. I hope you are able to be a support to your mom and that your aunt is doing better. God bless you as you continue to be such a wonderful support for all of us.

• auroaya
    edited October 2015

Lord thank you for these wonderful sisters thank you for Nancy for lifting us in prayer. May she receive your blessings and peace and hope. I ask in the name of Jesus.

Am

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2015

Well I am soon to be among the gainfully employed. I start 11/9. I'm nervous, but looking forward to a little normalcy.

I'm still working on the insomnia. I'm a little better, but I'm dragging today after only a few hours sleep. I seem to sleep fairly well (waking but going back to sleep right away), the next night so-so (waking and staying awake for a while), and then one night with little to no sleep. Bt the fairly well nights are more than I had before, so I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for your prayers.

Blessings

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Congratulations on your new job! I mentioned this before, but will again.....I hsve nights where I wake and cannot go back to sleep, or some nights when I am so tired, but just cannot fall asleep. I was told about the app for your cell phone or iPad or any tablet. It is called Just Being. $1.99. For me, well worth it. You can choose from various nature sounds. There is a soft spoken woman who offers meditation words, if you want, or you can turn her off and just listen to nature sounds.....like ocean waves, bubbling brook or rain, to name a few. I love rain with no woman talking. You can set it for up to 30 minutes. It goes off automatically. I always fall asleep before it goes off. Some nights, I start it when I go to bed and in the middle of the night when I wake up. Any questions, just ask.

I am feeling a bit better about all the things going on in my life. I keep praying and feel your prayers. I just have to keep positive and be thankful for what I do have that is good in my life. Sometimes that is a challenge.