thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2015

Nancy, have you seen the new thread the moderators posted calling for art submissions by members? I know they would love to see your wonderful photography, and so many could enjoy your vision. Please consider contributing.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/135/topic/835245?page=1

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited October 2015

Mags, I know they asked for back stories on the bird watching thread that I am on. I had considered submitting my swan story. They did feature my photography in the community newsletter for either July or August. I didn't even know they had a community newsletter when they asked for my permission so I don't know if many saw the pics but I was honored that they ask me if they could submit them. I was not aware of this new thread. Thank you for mentioning it and I appreciate your vote of confidence. I will check it out. Have you seen your neurologist yet?

Aurora, I am glad the pain is manageable. The fact you are even posting is amazing. You are doing great. Continued prayers for you.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2015

Today I am grateful for a wonderful prayer meeting last night, a pretty good night's sleep and my dear hubby who has been so caring and concerned lately.

Nancy, I'm glad you are back home safely. Auroaya, happy to hear your surgery is done and you are doing well. Jo, still praying for total healing. And wishing all of you a blessed day wrapped in Jesus love. Love, Jean

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2015
    Nancy, I see the neurologist next Tuesday. For some reason they are in short supply around here, as we found out when DH had his liver episode and hit his head when he fell. I'm going to have to drive to the other side of the city, about a 45 minute drive, to see this guy, and it took two months to even get an appointment. I asked my cousin if she could drive me but she is unavailable. She has got herself a part time job! At 78! She's going to be helping out in the office of a financial consultant. He is the husband of the worship ministry assistant (the gal who sang that wonderful song I posted a few weeks back - Not Guilty, I think). Cousin has got the choir so organized that she was a shoe-in for the job!

I've been awake since two, up since five drinking coffee. I don't know why.

My sweet friend in Missouri who came out to visit while I was in chemo texted me last night that her aunt died yesterday. This was the sister of her mother who died almost exactly a year ago. When the mom was dying the sister said, I'm not ready to lose you, and the mom replied you'll be joining me soon. Both of them had cancer. My poor sweet friend.
  • bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Good afternoon ladies of faith,

I will check in later this evening. I have a couple of apts this afternoon and not too much time to post.

Love

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2015

Went to the funeral of my husbands cousin today. He died just weeks after being diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer. We knew he was a basketball superstar in Spain and Israel, but I didn't realize how beloved he was. There was a memorial service for him in Israel today, and there was a moment of silence in a game being held in Moscow in his memory. Several people traveled from Israel and Spain to attend his funeral. Not bad for a small town boy. If you Google Nathan (Nathaniel) Huffman and basketball, you can find videos, articles, etc. about his career. He was a big man (7' 1") who packed a lot of living into his 40 years. He was a great basketball player, but a greater husband, dad and friend. He kept his faith throughout everything, and he was a witness to people all over the world. We will miss him.

Blessings

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2015

Sorry Mini1 for your loss. Condolences to the family.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Good evening ladies of faith,

Our thread was down this morning but the moderators were on it and got things straightened out.

Waterstreet, is having surgery tomorrow so let's remember to pray for her.

Kath had a good time with her twin boys and one has now gone back to college and she has one for a few more days. Her female issues are better but is still have a real problem with edema in her legs. She is concerned if she will be able to get her treatment tomorrow because of blood counts and the edema. Let's pray that she will be able to get her treatment as planned.

Mini, your husband's cousin sounds like quit a star athlete and a great family man. Prayers for you and the family in their loss.

Joanne still has a lot of pain with this area on her back. Let's pray that this will diminish as she really wants off of the pain meds and is trying to do that.

Jean, keep those praises and gratitudes up. I great way to deal with any challenges.

Mags, hope you have a good visit with the neurologist on Tuesday and that they will be able to help you. Wow, your cousin getting a job. That is amazing but I know makes it harder as you had depended on her a lot during chemo.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Thanks Nancy as usual for all you do keeping us informed. Said a prayer for each as I read and will again lift all as I do my devotions before bed in a few minutes.

Aurora, praying that you are still comfortable and doing well in the rehab facility. Looking forward to a praise report when you can.

Thank you Lord for bringing mysunshine48 safely up to spend a few days with me. Praying that she will be able to relax during her visit while awaiting test results and that they will show no issues of concern.

Blessings.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2015

Patoo and everyone else. Unfortunately I'm still in the hospital as they haven't found a facility that takes my insurance AND has a bed available it seems tomorrow there's one that may be able to take me. Please pray.

Auror

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Pyliss, that's great that you and Lynn are close enough to meet in person. Praying that you have a blessed time together.

Aurora, praying that you will be able to get into a rehab facility asap. So sorry you have not been able to get into one yet.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Ellen had her pre op tests today. She will be having surgery early morning on Nov. 5 and if all goes well she will be on her feet by lunch time. Amazing how that can happen and we pray that it will. She will be gone for several days and asked if I would post for her. She is visiting her mom, going to a college reunion, visiting an old friend and also visiting her son and DIL and her grandson Cal. She is trying to set some post op goals and is trying to stay positive. This will be her first hip replacement and she has to have the other hip replaced at a future date. Let's pray for peace going into this surgery and for her to remain positive as she faces these surgeries. After finishing two journeys of bc this will be another new journey which she will need strength and patience. Let's pray for her as she goes into this surgery.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Praying as I read.

Grateful today for peace. As I am accepting the probability of future hip surgery, I am so grateful to Jesus for peace. Each time I begin to worry God reminds me to trust Him. This is what I have been told all through my journey through BC school as well. It is humbling to see how much micromanaging I try to do and how prideful and vain I have been. My hubby said I seemed better because I wasnt complaining as much! Poor guy. Aaaaggghhhh!!! I had PT yesterday and may actually be feeling just a little bit better. God is so good. I also put away my step counter for now and am trying to let God guide my activity.

May God's grace, peace and mercy overflow to each of us today. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2015

Mini, so sorry for the loss of your husband's cousin!

Patoo and Mysunshine!! Enjoy your visit!

Have a blessed weekend!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited October 2015
    Checking in on prayer needs before I pray and finally get sleep. Friday nights are always like this due to steroids

PTL that even though my WBC counts were 2.1 I got it-- Neupogen shots Monday and Tuesday. Definitely having DH cut as close as he can to get rid of this shedding hair again :)

Prayers for rest, for Jesus, for YOU, and be mindful of the things you are grateful for this weekend. Today Jesus Calling right on for me.

Ellen, prayers prayers enjoy. Enjoy that family! Nancy, how are you doing?

Kath

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2015

Mini, so sorry for the loss of your husband's cousin! I read about him and so glad he was able to touch so many lives through basketball.

Ellen, praying for you. My Step father had hip surgery about a year ago. He said getting and remaining active was the key to recovery. About 3 weeks ago he had back surgery and said the same thing.

Kath, PTL that you were able to get your treatment today.

Nancy, how are you and how is your Aunt.

Lucy, hugs and always praying for you.

Anita, if you are checking in know that we continue to pray for you and Love across the miles!

Sisters, Have a blessed weekend and touch a soul this weekend with a kind word, a hug, a post of encouragement or support or a simple smile. Dispite what we are going through let someone know our Heavenly Father loves them.

"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble." ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭59:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Praying always for my Sisters!

God Bless,

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

I am so grateful that every time I began to sink into worry and depression overnight, His everlasting arms lifted me back up again. I just love how He loves me. Thank you my dear Jesus, my savior.

Prayers,for all of you to have a blessed day in Him. Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Good morning to everyone . Have been very tired this past week! Been on sofa a lot. Feeling better now. Haven't caught up on the past posts yet but will do. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

• 27heart
    27heart Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2015

Hi everyone, I haven't been as active on the forum because I've picked up crocheting and I've found it extremely therapeutic and fulfilling!

I just wanted to share something that happened last week in church that I believe has, and will continue to change my life. This is my testimony.

In sep, I had gone through a terrible break up with a terrible person who shouldn't have been let into my life in the first place. I needed support as I was suicidal and I felt that there was no light at the end of this tunnel. With the encouragement from my friends, I found and joined this forum. You can look at my first few posts on the forum if you're curious about how low I was feeling. I think the significant change in my tone from then and now is apparent. I seeked help, and I seeked God. That was when Phyllis (patoo) invited me to this thread. And I decided that if I wanted God to know me, I had to start by knowing him. So I've started giving thanks, reading the Bible, and praying each night. I was also invited to church (again) by one of my closest friends whom have been trying to help me to know God since 13 years ago. She never succeeded - I would go once, and tell her that I "wasn't feeling it". Because the truth was, I never found a connection. it always felt forced.

Back to the present, it took her 3rd invitation for me to bring myself to church. I also shared that on this thread, and had lots of encouragement from fellow sisters here. Tomorrow will be my 3rd week going to church. Last week, her pastor prayed over me. I was told that he has the gift of prophecy and I'm ashamed to admit that I was really sceptical about that. But all my doubts and walls shattered and this is where my life changed.

He held my hand, looked into my eyes and said these words to me, "Listen, God is going to talk to you." And the words, the words that came out of him were literally intimate things about my past and all I've been struggling with, and it was described in exactly the same way I looked at things in my past. I won't go into details, but the key word was "Doors". I've been seeking, walking in and out of a lot of doors in my life. Wrong doors. And I walked into God's doors, and out, many times. And "Doors" has been exactly the way I've described my past in my head.

At that moment, I knew and I'm convinced that God HAS been with me the whole time, that He actually KNOWS me. And He still loves me, after all I've done.

I feel undeserving yet comforted at the same time.

Today, I had a new US scan and most of my tumours are not even visible anymore. I have no one to thank but Him. I have stage IIIc bs and I was told that my rates of survival is 50-60%. I am at peace with the uncertainty of the future (for now) because I completely surrender my body and life to God. May He carry out His plans through me. I now pray that I will be given the chance to touch other's lives in ways big and small, like the angels whom I've met along my journey.

I just felt compelled to share this here as this is where I started getting closer to God, and I hope my story helps anyone who reads this, if they are in a dark tunnel and feeling far from Him.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Hello ladies of faith,

I am running very late and will check in later but I had to respond to 27heart. I have continued to pray that God would reveal His character to you more and more as you seek Him. Praise God you can see that happening. I have also been praying you would go into complete remission. Your US result is just fantastic and amazing and definitely God at work. I am so thrilled on so many levels to read how well you are doing in all ways. Just keep seeking Him. God's answers may be yes, no or wait. However when it comes to getting to know Him better he will open the doors wide for you to go in and commune with Him. That is why He created us in the first place to have an intimate relationship with Him. It greatly pleases Him when we have that sweet fellowship with Him. So happy for you.

Kath, so thankful you got your treatment. Praying the shots will make your WBC improve. So glad you got to see your boys this past week.

Kathy (kindergarten) how are you doing?

Angie, so good to hear from you. How are you doing? I am experiencing some unexpected challenges but we forge ahead one foot in front of the other. I got out this week to take some pics. I got a close up of a lady bug. I will have to post that for you.

Greta, continued prayers for you and your parents and daughter. You will get through this time. God gives us strength to get through things more than we can imagine.

Ellen, praying your jam packed weekend will be blessed and that you will have strength for all of your travels.

Jean, keep that attitude of gratitude going. It will get you through so many challenges every day.

Joanne needs our prayers. This poor lady can't seem to catch a break. Let's pray that she will be able to manage her pain without her meds that are giving her so much trouble.

I got to see my Aunt Betty when I was visiting my mom. She was in a lot of pain at that time and was feeling pretty discouraged but so tickled that we went to see her. She misses seeing my mom as they are the last two left of nine siblings. She has strong faith but as we all know how that can be challenged and tests when we are overwhelmed with pain. Prayers for her would be appreciated.

This is my nursing home day so I have to get moving. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. My two red maple trees are casting a red hue in the room I am in right now. I will have to take more pics as they are so beautiful right now.

Love

Nancy

• patoo
    edited October 2015

27Heart, all I have to say is WOW. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2015

Update: I moved into a nursing home yesterday and I'll be starting therapy on Monday . I'm feeling kind of down because of my surroundings. I miss my home

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Oh Aurora, {{HUGS}}. Remember waiting for test results, treatment plans, etc. and now, 2 years later... This time will pass as well and you will be back home in familiar surroundings. Use this time to relax and heal but most of all pray.

Blessings.

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Nice to put a face to a name. Me and mysunshine48. We have had a lovely visit. She leaves tomorrow after making a decision whether to buy into The Villages lifestyle here. Pray for her to make a decision with the Lord's guidance.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Good evening ladies,

Here is part of an email from Joanne.

"This will be short. I ended up calling my PCP. Bless his heart he is so much nicer than the PS. He called ahead so they would take me right in and they did.

After questioning me he said I had to go to the ER and have an ex-ray to be sure there is no blockage.

Long story short - no blockage but almost and it is on the right side so an enema won't help. I'm having to drink 4 liters of GoLightly. (Coloniscopy prep)

I've had spastic colon attacks but never anything like this, or I would never have called on a Saturday. They

gave me morphine for the pain and it just took the edge off."

Let's continue to pray for Joanne for relief from pain and that the source of this problem will come to light,

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

Aurora, I can only imagine that what you are feeling is very normal and you will get adjusted. I am glad that you are out of the hospital so you can get your rehab started. We will all be lifting you up during this journey of recovery.

Phylis and Lynn, you both look amazing. Phylis that is so nice that you reached out to Lynn and she had a chance to check out a new place to live. Lynn, I have been praying for guidance for you and will ramp up those prayers now that you have some decisions to make.

Hope everyone has a good night's rest.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Thanks Nancy. Prayers going up for Joanne and all my sisters here.

May His Grace continue to surround us all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Today I am so grateful to my dear savior Jesus for lifting my fear and depression. Last night after service even our pastor noticed I was looking much better. All glory to God. I confess I read too much about hip replacement and scared myself. I am such a brat sometimes. God forgave me last night and has put me back on track. Letting Him be in charge is so hard for me. Yet, who else should I trust unconditianally?

I pray and hope all of you have a blessed day in Him. Love, Jean

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited October 2015

Auroara - I'm so sorry that you cannot be at home as you recover. Just know that God will be with you there, and we will be praying for you here. I pray that you find the "peace that passes understanding," and that you recover quickly and entirely.

Blessings