thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited November 2015

Joann all I can say is Amen

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2015

Good evening my fellow warriors, it has been a long week full of new challenges. My office mate found out that her lumpectomy did not get all of the cancer and they will be going back in on Wednesday, she sounds positive and still feels this is the way to go for her so I continue to be supportive and pray on it. Last night I worked Halloween and I was happy to do it remembering that last year on Halloween I was having my first round of chemo. I say this to show what a difference a year can make. My reading today was James 4 and 5 and I was reminded that the things of this world are temporary and things can change in a second. I can change nothing but how I act and how I react. I practice trying to remember that every day so that I am not so focused on the things in the future but dealing with the day by day. One day at a time is all we really need to get through tomorrow will come whether I am ready or not. You all continue to be in my prayers, focus on the good things not the bad. Have a good week

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2015

I am fighting fear and the battle is getting more intense as I get nearer to the surgeon appointment on November 11th. Praying for Ellen as she gets close to her hip surgery this week. Jo, thanks for the post about prayer. Surely He heard my cries and groaning tonight. Love, Jean

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited November 2015

oh Hi, all. I am eager to join others who know Jesus Christ as they also navigate this cancer path. My cancer path behind 17-18 years ago. I live in the northeast USA with my husband of nearly 30 years, have 3 kids in their early to mid 20's, 1 grandson who is our joy, 2 dogs who are my other joys, and suffer from- at times- wondering what my purpose is in this phase of life (age 55) shuffling along in between treatments and thinking- "Lord, how can I be of use to You?" I know that it is said He uses some of us the most when we are the least aware..I can only pray that is the case for me. God bless- look forward to reading about you!!

Allison

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited November 2015

Welcome Alison, I understand what you mean about having a purpose at this phase of life. My children have families of their own and I am alone. Having a csncer diagnosis only makes it more difficult. I do believe that God still has a plan for my life (and yours). We need to trust Him. You will find that we all pray for each other and when you need support, this is a good place to be.

Ellen, praying for a successful surgery. Surgery can be scary, but I have had 2 in the past 6 months and just put my trust in God. Believe me, I am a big baby, and, yet, came through both just fine.

Jean, Try not to worry about your appointment. The doctor will have a good plan for you and I have known many people who have had hip replacements and they came through it fine.....and were so happy that they did it. So, if that is what your doctor thinks is best, God will be with you through it all.

Joanne, Hope you sleep well. Don't feel bad about not praying pretty prayers. I don't either, but I know He hears me.....and you too!

SheAngel, Yes, one wonderful day at a time. I feel that God is watching over us.

Thank you, again, Nancy for keeping up with everyone. All in my prayer time tonight.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited November 2015

Good evening ladies,

Allison, welcome. You have had a long battle for sure. We are like a little online prayer family and I hope you can jump right in. There is a teacher, counselor, ordained pastor and psychologist at my church. I have taken many classes with her and have the utmost respect for this women. I have heard her say this over and over through the years. She says you can't go wrong if you do the next right thing. I think we as Christians know what that means for us. It could be a simple kindness of opening the door for a senior citizen or letting a car in ahead of us at a traffic light. When we are obedient in the small things God will increase our boundaries. He will let you know what you should do. Even a simple smile to a stranger could possibly alter the course of that persons life in ways we may never know.

Aurora and Waterstreet, praying that your recovery is going well.

Ellen, continued prayers as you ready for your hip replacement on Thursday, Nov. 5.

Joanne, I can relate to that banner. My yesterday felt like about three years. lol

She, keep that positive attitude. I know you will.

Lynn and Jean, as you wait for doctor apts try to keep your eyes focused on the one who is going to see you through whatever is to come.

Kath, praying that you will have an easier time this week with the lower dose of chemo. You look maaaaavelous as usual.

Debbie (foots) continued prayers for you dear sister.

Lucy, I hope you can check in with us and let us know how you are doing. We love you!

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2015

Good morning dear ladies. Ellen, I am praying for you. I feel almost like you are paving the way for me to be next with my hip. I am trying to just take things one day at a time. Today I am grateful the sun is shining, the leaves are fading and it looks like God is shutting things down for winter. So beautiful. Also hubby and I had some nice cuddle time on the couch. Didn't realize how much we both were missing that. I had a few hours of unbroken sleep last night and may try to get in a nap later before bible study tonight. We are studing Paul as he goes through his missionary journeys. A good lesson in dealing with adversity. Busy week ahead with PT, doctor appointments, seeing couple friends for dinner and church meetings. Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2015

Good morning everyone,

Well, it's three days and counting. Today is errand day, tomorrow and Wednesday are cleaning and loose end days. Fortunately I have had a lot of encouragement from friends. One of our church folks had this several years ago, and told me last night that he doesn't even notice the replacement. He moves around well and one wouldn't know he had it. Thank you for all your prayers...Jean, will keep you informed and try to encourage you.

Praying for all of you here..for the newer ladies, my bio says it all but one thing..Glory to God, great things He has done! My surgery song is one from a Chondra Pierce cd...God Loves You..

God loves you, and He wants you to know

He is with you, and you are not alone

He will see you through , God loves you!

My "Overcomer" (Mandisa) t-shirt is in my bag, ready to go!

Will be reading and praying, although I may not post.

Love you all...Ellen

• auroaya
    edited November 2015

Ellen wishing you well going into surgery. Trust God and put yourself and your medical team in His hands. We ll be praying for you every star of the way.

Update: Friday I went to see my ortho surgeon and he removed half the staples in the incision and he prescribed antibiotics.

He also relaxed the weight bearing restrictions so I can work out harder during therapy. Thank you for the prayers.

Aurora

• ElishebaJoy
    ElishebaJoy Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2015

As of yesterday I had decided to stop reading on the forums because it was causing me more worry and anxiety than I already experience in my own head. I realized that what I put into my mind plays a part in my emotional and spiritual health. I am trying to read and watch more positive and Christ-inspiring books and programs and incorporate that into my prayer life as well. I was sad to leave this site because these forums also make me realize that I am not alone in this BC fight and I didn't want to lose that either. It was then that I thought of searching for other Christians here, thus I could have the fellowship and support of other BC people AND get filled with the encouragement I seek. It is helpful to have others with similar faiths to fall back on when times get rough as well as rejoice with when things go well. I will turn to this thread for that comfort from now on and try to give as much as I get! Prayers to all of you here and thanks for sharing your prayers and concerns in a spiritually healthy way!

• ElishebaJoy
    edited November 2015

Joanne, Thanks for the reply. That's neat that you were raised in Tennessee too! Where is Waverly? I was born in Michigan but was raised here from age 7 so I am definitely a Tennessee girl now!

I do like the info I get from th BC forum and know I will especially enjoy this thread!

Lisa

• ElishebaJoy
    edited November 2015

Jean,

I always loved that song "Just Be Held" and the message it gave. Glad others are enjoying it as well. Another one that I turned to (and still do turn to) when I get worried is this one by Finding Favour called "Cast My Cares":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKuAMmTqUbs

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

Welcome to Lisa. This is a great group of prayer warriors and I hope you will feel at home joining us.

I am experiencing internet problems and if I you don't see me posting for a while it is because one of my components is dying I am afraid. This happened one day last week and I was without internet for a while. I am in a hurry to get to the pool so will make this short.

Ellen, know I am praying and if you don't hear from me you will know why.

Kath, praying for a manageable SE work week for you.

Greta, praying for all the issues swirling around you and your family and your dog.

Joanne, continued prayers that each day is better and stronger and more relaxed as you try to get a new normal in your life.

Have a wonderful day ladies. I will be praying for all of you as I do my laps today.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited November 2015

I can't believe six is almost over. I finish working at the church this week and start my new job next week. Should be interesting. :-)

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2015

This morning I am so grateful for feeling upbeat despite having had a difficult night. Last night's Bible study was wonderful and I am in awe of God's power in drawing 80 men to the men's Monday night Bible study at our church. It is a blessing to see men talking with other men about spiritual things. Just asking for supernatural strength to make it through to Next Wednesday when I see the surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery.

Ellen, you are in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for surgery. Jo also for complete healing. I pray for you all as Nancy keeps me on track. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

Good morning ladies.

I am posting a link that you just have to take time to hear. This is AMAZING. This song ministered to me so much when my Dad died. It still brings tears to my eyes now. Praying for all of you.

Love,

Nancy

http://www.flixxy.com/jeffrey-li-10-and-celine-tam...

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2015

Nancy, WOW! What God can do with two of His dear little ones. May they be mightily blessed as they bless others with the gift they've been given. Thanks for sharing this video. Love, Jean

• Waterstreet
    Waterstreet Member Posts: 96
    edited November 2015

zjrosenthal…So glad you got a good nights sleep. My post op didn't go well and I am exhausted and will probably be up and down again all night. Glad you are enjoying cooler weather although it makes me hurt all over. I guess I need to heal some more.

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2015

Jo I'm sorry you are having a hard time. My hip has me up at least 3-4 times a night and often I spend a lot of time in pain not able to go back to sleep.

Today I am grateful for yesterday's PT appointment that lessened the pain for about an hour. I am hoping that next Wednesday, the surgeon will have a solution. I am mostly prepared for a hip replacement. Scary but better than living in constant pain.

Ellen, I pray for a seccesful surgery for you tomorrow and smooth recovery. Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    edited November 2015

Nancy, Thank you for posting that amazing video. What gifts those children have!

Ellen, I will be praying for a successful surgery for you tomorrow and for the doctors doing it. Just st remember God will be with you and will take care of you

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2015

Good morning ladies,

Ellen, we will all be lifting you up as you go into your surgery tomorrow. We pray for complete trust in the Lord that he will provide a very caring a compassionate medical team that will take great care of you before, during and after your surgery. I pray that you will have great pain control and that God will give you encouragement and patience as you start this new journey.

Lynn, praying that you can have peace in waiting on your doctors for the next step.

Waterstreet, continued prayers for you dear sister for a complete recovery.

Aurora, I pray for patience, encouragement and good pain control as you have your therapy.

Jean, praying you will get some relief from your hip pain.

Joanne, praying you can find some combo of meds that will work and not cause further complications.

Kath has had a tough time lately with her SE's. Let's pray that her blood counts drastically improve. She may not get treatment this week because they are down so much. Let's pray for strength and encouragement as she continues to work through all of this.

I have a prayer request. I woke up with a swollen gum around my crown that was put in a few weeks ago. Lot's of issues swirling around including my cat issues. I could use some prayers for pain control as well.

Have a good day everyone. Let's look for the blessings in it. Thanks for the banner Joanne. That's a good one for all of us.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited November 2015

Lord Jesus we pray I your name for Nancy. Please heal her teeth and gum if it is you're will. Please help her with her cat issues and her pain. She always lift us in prayer so it is only fair that we do he same for her. We ask and thank you in your name Jesus Christ amen

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2015

JO-5, you know how it hurts me to read about how much you are going through (everyone, Jo and I go back a long way). I am lifting you up to my Father as I type asking Him to rain down many blessings on you and continue to strengthen you and grant you peace from pain and stress. Also lifting up your DH as I'm certain he does not like seeing you suffering. {{{{ HUGS }}}}

Aurora, Lynn, Kath, Nancy, everyone, praying for special consideration for you all who so love our Lord. You all are His children and He loves you endlessly.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited November 2015

Those of us up at night should start a chat!! :)

Nancy just got home and have been praying for you. I am sure hopeful you got Cassie an appointment and one for you Nancy!

Jo: newfound sympathy for you, as my week has been really rough. ANC is .6 and WBC is 1.0 -- after two shots of neuupogen. Swelling is bad. MO wants me on Procrit, to raise RBC, but I am hesitant as it affects heart and may cause stroke.

Back to getting my feet elevated and some gingerale. Jo, I can manage the pain, but then pay the piper, when I can't go to the bathroom. I don't feel like I can take them at work: so, nighttime I do get relief from abdomen pain

Ellen, jean, everone else, prayers prayers prayers!

hugs

Kath

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2015

Nancy, prayers for healing and no more pain!! Hopefully, you can get into the dentist soon!!

Jo-5, as Patoo just said, it distresses me as well, when I read about all your challenges and suffering! But you amaze me with your strength and positive attitude!!

May you all feel God's presence today, as He knows your every need!!

Thank you for your continued prayers for My DS And DIL!! If they would only turn to Our Lord for their needs and daily struggles!

• Waterstreet
    edited November 2015

JO-5 Yes I know what you mean. I ended up getting about two hours and twenty minutes sleep last night. It seems as soon as my head hits the pillow I am suddenly wide awake. My incisions are still tender but that is only a small part of it. The big part for me is not knowing whats going on and then in the day I have things to do. Two days a week I pick up my grand kids from school and today I took my dog to the vet for shots and to get heart worm meds. I go walk around the stores to keep my mind occupied and get some exercise. I am not a TV person. I like some things but they are outweighed by things I don't care to watch. I know in time it has to get better. I need to find some new activities but I need to get past the radiation therapy to be able to plan things. I still haven't got the call to set up an appointment for that and they don't allow you to call them, you have to wait to hear from them.

I was used to working two to three jobs and when I retired last year that ended. Now I have too much time on my hands. I have dubbed cancer as a hurry up and wait illness that is full of unknowns. Take care and hang in there. talk to you soon. God bless.

• Waterstreet
    edited November 2015

zjrosenthal… I can only pray that your hip gets extremely better. I so far have been blessed that mine only bothers me when the weather is damp or cold. I fell down a flight of stairs about five years ago where I worked. I chipped a bone and the bone particle is still floating. When it gets caught in the wrong place it leaves me in pain. It is between L4 and L5 of my spine but gets to the nerves and I am in dire pain. I get the pain management shots and they usually help for a while. Is that something you have tried?

Praying that God gives you comfort and a good nights sleep.

• mysunshine48
    edited November 2015

Praying for you, Ellen, as you have surgery tomorrow.

Also for you, Kath. Have you tried Neulasta? That always brought my counts up......some bone pain, but did help. I hope your counts go up and you become stronger. If there is anything I can do, please PM me, as we are not that far apart. Need dinners, shopping?

Nancy, you and your cat are on my list tonight. I have a cat too....almost 14, and she is my buddy, so I understand how animals are so important to us. I will also ask God to let you find relief with your swollen gum and end the pain from it.

Shirley and Joanne, my prayers for you are to be able to be free from pain and to be able to sleep.

Patoo, God bless you and your sister as you face life's challenges.

I see my oncologist Friday, so will see where we go from here. I pray every morning and night for a cure for cancer!

• auroaya
    edited November 2015
    Ellen praying for you for your surgery tomorrow . Trust in the Lord to guide the hands of your doctors.
    Aurora