thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2016

Lord Jesus, please bless Nancy's mom and make an easy way for things to be fixed in her home. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2016

Thank you so much, Nancy, but you have the ultimate gift of encouragement on this board ! Your wonderful posts and posters help us all!!😃😃

Mini, May your dear friend with pancreatic cancer live out the rest of his days in peace and comfort .

Jean, praying for your family, that Our Dear Lord resolves all issues!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited August 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Good day dear ladies,

After several days of little sleep and feeling pretty awful with GI problems I got a good night's sleep last night and feel so much better. I will be compiling requests from those who sent them in hopefully soon.

Ellen sent me a request and I wanted to put this out there immediately. There is a little seven year old girl who has contracted ecoli and is in kidney failure and on dialysis. They were on vacation and are many miles from their home in Indiana. Let's pray for a miracle for Lydia and for her family as you can imagine what they are going through.

Ellen will be doing a road trip with her DH and some family members and let's pray for safe travels for them this week and a great time.

Aurora, needs a financial miracle as her treatments may have to be stopped.

G, is having surgery on Thursday, Aug. 25. Let's pray against fear and anxiety and pray for a successful surgery with NO complications.

I will write more later.

Love,

Nancy

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2016

Hello everyone,

Nancy I'm glad your feeling better. I will also pray for a miracle for Lydia and her family.

My prayers are with all those that are facing family, financial or health issues.

God Bless

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Arcats. Arcats is in need of a car. Let's pray for God's provision for her.

Joanne has some unspoken prayer requests. Pray for her and her family.

Let's continue to lift of G for her surgery on Thursday. As you can imagine having eight children that she home schools this is going to be a big challenge in organizing the family not even counting the actual surgery.

I will post more this evening.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

PRAYER REQUESTS AUGUST 2016

Our sisters that are in ongoing treatment definitely need our ongoing prayers for them. Aurora, Faith, Debbie from Ireland and Charlotte.

G is having another reconstruction surgery on Thursday, August 25. Let's pray for a successful surgery with no complications and good pain control. Let's also pray for her family as this will be a challenge for all of her eight children and her DH. Let's pray for his strength as he deals with all of the things he will be doing as she has her surgery and as she recovers.

Aurora needs prayer for financial needs as they might stop her faslodex injections unless AstraZeneca approves her appeal of their rejection. She also needs prayer for her daughter to have passed the law bar exam which she took last month and will get results in September, and that the Florida bar association wants her to be debt free before certifying her. She obviously needs a good job for that to happen. All of this ties together with the financial challenges.

Joanne Her prayer request is that the secondary angiosarcoma does not come back, and that she continues to heal - but drs are still telling her another year, at least.

Arcats Her prayer request is for her niece and children. She is in need of a reliable car.

Ellen has asked prayer for a 7 year old named Lydia. She contracted Ecoli and is on kidney dialysis and blood transfusions. They were vacationing in SC but are from Indiana and are not home yet. Let's pray for a complete recovery for this little girl and for strength for the family. Ellen is traveling with her DH and SIL's this week on a road trip and we pray for safe travels and for a great time.

Jean needs prayer for family matters regarding her granddaughter and for her own health and for a healthy relationship with her DH.

Mini, has a friend diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer with a few weeks to live. Let's pray for peace for him and his family as he enters into his last days.

Nancy needs healing for her GI tract which has not recovered since March after having a food issue that was apparently tainted with bacteria. I am still having thyroid and finger issues that are unresolved.

Let's pray for our ladies who we hear from when they can post but have not requested a specific request.

Kathy, Lynn, Angie, Debbie (foots), Brutersmom, Char and Bev and 7 of 9.

If you would like to still add a request to this list let me know and I can update it.PRAYER REQUESTS AUGUST 2016

Our sisters that are in ongoing treatment definitely need our ongoing prayers for them. Aurora, Faith, Debbie from Ireland and Charlotte.

G is having another reconstruction surgery on Thursday, August 25. Let's pray for a successful surgery with no complications and good pain control. Let's also pray for her family as this will be a challenge for all of her eight children and her DH. Let's pray for his strength as he deals with all of the things he will be doing as she has her surgery and as she recovers.

Aurora needs prayer for financial needs as they might stop her faslodex injections unless AstraZeneca approves her appeal of their rejection. She also needs prayer for her daughter to have passed the law bar exam which she took last month and will get results in September, and that the Florida bar association wants her to be debt free before certifying her. She obviously needs a good job for that to happen. All of this ties together with the financial challenges.

Joanne Her prayer request is that the secondary angiosarcoma does not come back, and that she continues to heal - but drs are still telling her another year, at least.

Arcats Her prayer request is for her niece and children. She is in need of a reliable car.

Ellen has asked prayer for a 7 year old named Lydia. She contracted Ecoli and is on kidney dialysis and blood transfusions. They were vacationing in SC but are from Indiana and are not home yet. Let's pray for a complete recovery for this little girl and for strength for the family. Ellen is traveling with her DH and SIL's this week on a road trip and we pray for safe travels and for a great time.

Jean needs prayer for family matters regarding her granddaughter and for her own health and for a healthy relationship with her DH.

Mini, has a friend diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer with a few weeks to live. Let's pray for peace for him and his family as he enters into his last days.

Nancy needs healing for her GI tract which has not recovered since March after having a food issue that was apparently tainted with bacteria. I am still having thyroid and finger issues that are unresolved.

Let's pray for our ladies who we hear from when they can post but have not requested a specific request.

Kathy, Lynn, Angie, Debbie (foots), Brutersmom, Char and Bev and 7 of 9.

If you would like to still add a request to this list let me know and I can update it.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2016

Thank you all for your prayers!!!!

I'm ready for my last reconstruction surgery on Thursday from breast cancer. Running the race the Lord has set out before me. Hebrews 12:1-3

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2016

Nancy, thanks so much for the prayer list! I will print it out and use it as my guide for this group. I am attempting to visit the board at least once every week. It has been hard lately with my scheduled -- and I have missed each of you.

My prayer request is for our Ministry. It is going well but there are the tough battles right now. Praying for a hedge of protection as we continue to work on our "organic garden" Love that saying Nancy!.

Lost two very dear friends to cancer within a few weeks of each other. Please pray for their families, co-workers and friends during the most difficult time -- when they most try and resume normal lives without their loved ones.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

PRAYER REQUESTS AUGUST 2016 (Revised)

Faith has a dear friend Rosemary who has been fighting a terminal cancer for two years and now says it is in God's hands. She has been her inspiration and the thought of losing her is awful.

Faith's son in law is still looking for a job and her son's family needs prayers for an emotional and financial crisis.

Angie needs prayer for their ministry. It is going well but there are tough battles right now. They need a hedge of protection as they continue to work on their organic garden which I believe is a neighborhood outreach. She also lost two very dear friends to cancer within a few weeks of each other. Her prayer request is for their families, co-workers and friends during this most difficult time as they try to resume their normal lives without their loved ones.

Kathy, Lynn, Debbie (foots), Brutersmom, Char and Bev and 7 of 9.

If you would like to still add a request to this list let me know and I can update it

My bold type doesn't seem to want to save. Oh well.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

G, your cute little feet are all ready and I know you are all prayed up and are going to do just fine!

Faith, thank you for your PM. I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

Angie, thank you for your requests. I am sorry for your loss. I still think of Kath and Lucy and Steve and still can't believe it sometimes that they are with Jesus.

Someone said to me recently that she thought of our thread as more than a prayer thread. I think we can certainly encourage each other in all areas of concern, I personally like humor and it would be fun to have a little levity at appropriate times. I think we all need a good laugh in the midst of our problems. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. I think as long as we honor God here this thread will be different than others and hopefully a place that will attract others when they sense a feeling of community and connection and support here that has Jesus at the center.

God Bless you all.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Please pray for obstacles to be removed and an open door for my granddaughter Alexia to get the help she needs. Thank you. Love, Jean Rosenthal

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited August 2016

Dear sisters, it has been some time since I've posted here but I have kept up with the thread. I want to let you know that I have been diagnosed with lung mets. I am getting treated with faslodex and will have another scan in one month. I have a Stephen Minister now, and that's very helpful.

Love & blessings to you all.

This is my cancer verse.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Jean, I have been praying for Alexia.

Mags, I am so sorry to hear this. My mom used to be a Stephen Minister and I know it can be really helpful so I am glad you have one. Would you like me to add your name to our updated prayer list?

G, we are praying for you for tomorrow!!!!

Love

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2016

Mags, so sorry to hear this! Lifting you up in prayer!!

G, lifting you up in prayer for your surgery today!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Prayers going up for Mags and G. Love, Jean

• ARCats
    edited August 2016

Mags, I'm truly sorry you are going through this, you are in my prayers.

Praying that everything went well for G today.

Also praying for Alexia.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

G, I hope your surgery went really well. Praying for a comfortable night with good pain control. I don't know how long you were going to be in the hospital but I hope you will get home soon if not already and have a speedy recovery. Take care dear sis.

Mags, you have been on my mind off and on all day. Praying for you dear sister.

Jean, praying that Alexia will get the help she needs.

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Just got up. Having my coffee and grateful for the quiet peace. Also less joint pain last night. Praying for G, Nancy, Jo, Mags and all here to experience God's love, grace and healing today. Praying for my daughter Angie who is beyond frustrated having spent the last 2 months trying to get her daughter Alexia into rehab. Now they want her approved for social services before they will even put her on the wait list. Aaagggghhhh. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Praying for the needs as they are many.

Praying especially for G as she recovers from her surgery. Praying for her family as well.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Ellen wanted me to share this with you as she is visiting family this weekend. Thank you for your prayers for Lydia.

Good news...little Lydia has been discharged from the hospital and is headed home towards Indiana. She will still have to have blood followup on an outpatient basis, but her kidneys are functioning now. Her aunt told me that her family prayed all the way to the hospital ( they couldn't ride the medical copter) and they looked up and saw a rainbow as they reached the children's hospital ( no clouds in the sky). They took that as a sign from God that all would be well. They were given a picture of the medical helicopter and crew for Lydia to see...and there was a rainbow in the background. When Lydia felt well enough to do some art work....yes,she drew rainbows. They all know they are blessed to still have her and that her healing was God's work and His timing.

Thank you Lord for answered prayers. It increases our faith and encourages our hearts.

Have a great night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ARCats
    edited August 2016

Nancy,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your VIP Nomination.

Have a great weekend everyone.

God Bless

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Arcats.

I am humbled and honored to be recognized as a VIP nominee on BCO by someone on this thread. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I am blessed every day by the ladies on this thread and I have made some very special friends over the last couple of years here and that is a blessing. If God wants to continue to use me on this thread then I will be here.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Today I am grateful that my granddaughter Alexia finally had her intake interview for rehab yesterday. Still some more hoops,to jump through but at least there is some progress. God is good. Congradulations Nancy. G, I hope you are doing ok after surgery. Praying for you. Mags and Jo, hoping you are ok. And I pray all of the ladies here have a blessed weekend of hope, peace and healing. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2016

Aww, Nancy, you are so deserving of the VIP award!!

G, prayers for healing and rest

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Kathy and Jean.

I am glad to hear Alexia might get some help soon.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Nancy, I'm so glad His mercies are new every morning. I sure need His mercy to start each day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thanks Teka. Such a tragedy with the two nuns. They apparently got the guy now.

Yes, Jean, thank God his mercies are new every morning and we can start with a clean slate.

G, wondering if you are home now. Still praying for good pain control with NO complications and a speedy recovery.

Joanne has unspoken requests.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

Love

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2016

Hi ladies,

I am home. I'm super super sore but oh so grateful to be home. Thank you for continuing to lift me up in prayer. :)

Nancy I am so happy that you were nominated. You are a blessing to the body for sure. :)

I'm still super sleepy so I'm gonna sign off for now.

Much love & prayersto everyone.

G

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

G, welcome home. So glad to hear from you, Thank you for your nice comments. I will continue to pray that things go very well and that your recovery will be smooth and that you will have less pain each day. I bet you had lots of ooooos and aaahhhs over your cute toenails! Have a good night's rest.

Love,

Nancy