thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited July 2016

Continued prayers for Lynn's friend Linda who is have a very serious and complicated surgery today.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited July 2016

Nancy, I sent your prayer to Linda even though she will not see it for days. I will see a friend of hers tomorrow and might have some news. Since she is Orlando and will be in ICU, I will wait until she is either in a regular room or transported to a friend's home here in the Villages. I know she is not married and has no children. She had told me that even after recovery, she will have to go to Orlando and have some special kind of Photon radiation daily for 6 weeks. This sounds so awful and she is such a nice person.

Thank you for caring.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2016

Prayers for Linda. I agree with Nancy's prayer. Please pray for my daughter who is now staying at a friend's house with my grandaughter and great granddaughter Valentina. Alexia is waiting for probation to decide where to place her and is so unstable that my daughter had to separate her from my son-in-law and grandson for everyone's good. I pray it doesn't damage her marriage. I go down to Sloan Kettering tomorrow for my yearly mamogram and check up with my surgeon. Please pray for me too. Hubby is also having difficulty with his health issues both physically and emotionally. Lots of stress. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Lynn, I have prayed for Linda throughout the day. I sure hope that it was a success and that she can fully recover from this.

Jean, I am not sure I understand what all is going on with Alexia but I pray that she will be able to get some help very soon. Praying for your trip to your clinic tomorrow and that you will get a good report.

Have a good night everyone. I know this weather has just been awful. Thank goodness for AC!

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2016

I am lifting Linda up in prayer right now, for a very successful surgery! May any pain she has be controlled! May her healing and recovery go well!! My Sunshine, how wonderful that you are so supportive and caring

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2016

Joanne, AMEN. Thank you for posting and glad you're on the mend. Praying you stay "healthy". Thank God for this life.

Aurora

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited July 2016

Hello everyone,

I tried to post last night and feel asleep and lost everything that I was trying to write. Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you know that I also have been praying for the needs, and asking God to move upon all the petitions that have been placed in his caring hands.

Joanne you are correct, Gods timing is perfect. I have a praise report. I've been living with family members close to a year. Recently my niece whom I was living with was offered an opportunity to leave Florida and go up north. We have been living with my other niece and by next week we will all be moving to our new places. It's been cramp but God knows everything. I praise Him for my family, health, friends and most of all for his mercies that are new every day.

God Bless.

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2016

Just stopping by to say hi and catch up on praises and prayer concerns.

I've spent the night and day with my 6 year-old grandson. I love him and he's a good boy, but I know why God gives us our kids when we're young. :-)

Blessings

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Good evening ladies. It has been a hectic last couple of days with many challenges. When I finished rads I had a real let down which I thought was strange and then found out that is pretty normal to feel that way after active treatments. I saw my RO today for probably the last time and I have this huge let down feeling again. I think the thing is she was the only person on my cancer team that I could be completely honest with. My apt was at 11:30 and she had an emergency with her daughter and I didn't get to see her until 12:45. Then when I would have liked to say my last good bye to her she got an important cell phone call probably from her daughters doctor and so it just all ended very quickly. The whole cancer journey even when you think it is over except for the drugs it is not over in your head. I guess it is a constant reminder that we are not in control of our lives and that we have to put our complete trust in the Giver of life. He will give us an abundant life no matter what our circumstances. If we based our faith on our feelings and the circumstances of life we would be a miserable lot. God gives us victory and peace in the storms if we will allow Him to work. Sometimes we have to just wear ourselves out in our own strength as He waits patiently for us to come to the end of ourselves and come running back to Him. The thing is He understands and loves us unconditionally. We don't have to earn His love or do works to please Him. He is just there for us all the time. Thank God for that!

Have a good evening dear ladies and Joanne and I know you have had such a time. Praying that you feel much better after your setback again.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited July 2016

Ladies my oldest 5 children colored these for you all. I wish I could send each one of you one personally. God bless each of you. You are special. You are loved. God has this!!!!

Gimage

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

G,

Those are JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Thank you very much. Wow, your children are talented. That made my day.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2016

G- love your children's coloring!!!! The pictures made my day!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Grateful for my wonderful counselor that I have resumed seeing. Can't do this by myself. Grateful for Tuesdays clear mamo. Grateful hubby is having a good day. Grateful for the opportunity to serve at registration for VBS, about 159-200 children plus volunteers. Nice to get back to some "normal" activities. VBS ends tomorrow! Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

• ARCats
    edited July 2016

Just wanted to say hello, and that I'm praying for all of you.

Nancy and Joanne, as always the banners say it all.

G, thanks for the cards they're beautiful.

God Bless

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2016

Thank you for all the wonderful Banners, Joanne and Nancy!

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2016

Thank you, Joanne and Nancy, for all the beautiful banners!

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Praise report: still rejoicing on the results from my PET scan which my doctor qualified of very good and now I was able to read them online and it seems the bone mets are stable and there is no sign of disease anywhere else except a kind of fussy at the bottom of both lungs which according to the report it could be residual from pneumonia, bronchitis, a cold or even allergies, so I'm no worried about it, I will see my oncologist next week Wednesday and might have more details then. 2) praise God today I had my blood taken and analized and they said my numbers are holding up including my hemoglobin which is on the rise which is good. The nurse even said:"whatever you are doing keep doing it", so I'm just static and give the glory to God and thank Him for my daughter who prepares the food I eat with my health in mind even though sometimes I'm not very appreciative of it.

Whew! Sisters, this is a rollercoaster but I sure glad I can count with you and your prayers. I have you all in mine every night.

God Bless,

Aurora

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2016

Nancy and Jo, I'm so sorry to hear you are both still feeling bad, and I appreciate that you continue to post your beautiful banners and prayers. Nancy, I don't think I told you how beautiful your butterfly photos are, you have a real talent for,photography.

Aurora, what great news on your health report, praise God for answered prayers. I pray that HE will continue to bless all of us with healing.

I also want to give thanks that my son has found the better job that I've been praying for but my SIL is still looking for work and I pray he finds something very soon. I would also like to pray that our upcoming family vacation next week is good and stress free especially the two day drive we have to get to Florida. I am not a very good traveler in the best of times and I pray all will be well.

Praying for a pain free restful night for everyone.

Faith (in the future

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited July 2016

Just stopping by to say Hello and catch up on prayer request, personal updates, praise reports and all the lovely and uplifting banners.

G, love the coloring made my day. Please give each one of them a huge hug and tell them a big thank you from me. Express my thanks and how much it means to me and how special it makes me feel ‼️‼️

Nancy, I understand the let fown. I Hope you have had time to reflect and adjust your sails. When I have to adjust my sails I reflect as you did on how awesome our God is!

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Dear ladies,

I have a prayer request. I have been having issues with a fast heart rate and episodes of a racing heart in the night, I was on the phone at 4 am this morning with Walgreens. I hope I have possibly found the culprit but won't know yet. My blood pressure manufacturer was changed on me and I think I may be reacting to the fillers in it. I had the similar issue with my cancer drug causing problems when they made a change and I was able to get my old brand back. I am going to talk to the pharmacy manager tomorrow as he wasn't in today. I hope this will get to the bottom of this because I am miserable. I had been suspecting my thyroid meds but I saw my doctor in charge of those meds today and we both agreed that the blood levels are in line and it probably isn't that. I just want to get to the bottom of this asap. I am running on fumes today because of very little sleep so I will respond to everyone's post hopefully tomorrow. Sounds like some great news for praising God and more needs that we need to ask the Lord to provide.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• ARCats
    edited July 2016

Nancy, I've heard when the brand name is changed it can sometimes cause reactions. Hoping and praying that this is the reason for your difficulties and you can soon get relief.

Aurora, Praise God for good reports.

God Bless and wishing all a blessed evening and a great Sunday.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Good evening ladies,

I wanted to give you an update and ask for continued prayers. I talked to the pharmacist at Walgreens today who is the manager there. The bad news is that my blood pressure med is now only available through this one manufacturer and this is the one I believe to be the problem. I just said to him just what do you recommend I do at this point. This was after he basically said that medicine wouldn't cause your heart to race. Well I can't tell you how many times I have been prescribed different meds by my doctors who would assure me that there were very little SE's and very tolerable. I have many, many bottles full of meds over the years to beg to differ. He gave me a name of a totally different bp med that works similarly to the one I am on. I am leaving for my mom's on Tuesday and will be there for a week and my meds are due for a refill so will be dealing with the pharmacy at my mom's. I have no idea if they would have my old meds in their warehouse but I can always hope that is the case.

I have eliminated all supplements I don't have to take and see if any interactions could have been happening. I would appreciate your prayers that this situation would fade out quickly. Thank you all.

Good to hear from you Kathy and Angie and Arcats. I hope you all are doing well.

Joanne, continued prayers for you my friend.

Aurora, your good news was so nice to hear. Faith, praying you have a great vacation and that your family members needing jobs will soon get one.

Thank you all again of your prayers. Have a good night's rest.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Thanks Teka. I have some more bird pics for you. Haven't posted them yet.

Have a good night

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2016

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about your heart issues and will pray you find some answers soon. Those heart issues can be very scary, I know from personal experience with cardiomyopathy caused by chemo 25 years ago. I also know how much stress can contribute to it so I pray that is not causing your problem.

Sending many prayers for your health and a safe trip to see your mother. Sleep well.

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Nancy, Amen! To that banner

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Hi all. I had to change my email and with all the issues connected with that, I haven't posted so much but I am praying. I am grateful that my mamo was clear on Tuesday and my skin issue is just a basal cell carcinoma that will be removed on August 16th. I see my surgeon on the 17th so am staying over at my sister's rather than taking the train all the way upstate. Hopefully my son can stay with hubby that night. My granddaughter Alexia has to appear in court about her probation violation on Tuesday. Please pray they get her some help. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Good afternoon dear sisters,

Joanne, thanks for posting the words to that song. Our time spent with the Lord is never wasted and always precious if WE SHOW UP. When I am praying and my mind is racing from one thing to another and the things I need to do etc. many times I just say Lord help me to show up today. He is always there with His arms outstretched but we have to reciprocate and be present which I know we all can struggle with.

Jean, praying for your family and in particular for Alexia to get the help she needs. Praying that you will have peace with all that is going on with both you and your family. Glad to hear you got a good report on your mammo and will be praying for your skin surgery coming up.

Well ladies, it is official. As of today I am on Medicare and will turn 65 on Wednesday. As I have said to my older sister how in the world did this happen! It seems like I was in high school and I blinked and now here I am. I keep telling myself age is just a number. I feel very young in my mind. LOL

Thank you for your prayers. I don't have any answers to my elevated pulse rate. I have just had a furious headache last night and today. I don't think I am any worse and not sure if I am better. I have not had any more incidents in the night of racing heart and have slept well the last couple of nights. I can't really do much until I get back from my mom's as far as getting seeing my pcp. I leave tomorrow for her house and will return the following Tuesday. There is going to be lots going on at her house hopefully right before I leave to come back home. She is having some major landscaping done that I have tried to get off the ground since last year and could not get any contractor to call me back. The work will start right before I go back.

I will post when I can. Thank you all for your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited August 2016

The pictures are beautiful!

Nancy - I felt the same let down feeling when I was done. I think the consistency of going and the people there gave me a feeling that I was doing something. Also, it was a very controlled atmosphere, and once I was home, the illusion of control was gone. I was on my own. I don't know, it was weird.

I hope you are all doing well. My sister is coming from Florida for a visit in 2 weeks. I'm excited to see her. Other than that, my life has been blessedly dull. :-) No tests or doctors until Sept. Yea!

Blessings