thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited August 2016

Good morning dear ladies,

Faith, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling much better and are able to enjoy your granddaughters. Praise God for answered prayers.

Jean, I have been praying for you and your family that are so much affected by Alexia. I pray that she will be able to get some needed help and I pray a covering over the whole family that you, Lord, would restore order out of chaos and that your hand of protection would be upon every single one of them.

Aurora, how did your check up go on Aug. 3?

Joanne, continued prayers for this nasty reaction to the cortisone shot. Praying today will be a much better day.

I am home now and praising God that this big landscaping three day event that went on at my mom's is finally done. It was outrageously expensive but I do feel like the Lord provided this company to do the work. I didn't get to see the newly planted bushes as they didn't finish until I was already back home. My mom did say she likes the new bushes. They cut down most of the bushes in her yard to practically nothing and the yard looks naked at this point. Hopefully by next spring it will look much improved.

I am going out with some band director friends today to a tea room and pottery store out of town which should be fun. I have never been to this place and haven't seen one of the ladies in a very long time so it will be nice to catch up.

My newest thrill is I have a very curious hummingbird and it has started hovering near my patio door checking out me and then going way down low and hovering to check out my cat. I am getting such a kick out of this.

I have prayed for you and I hope that this is a wonderful day for everyone and one that you can see God's hand working in your lives.

Love

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2016

Hello everyone, sorry I don't post often but I do read your posts and pray for all of us. I saw my onc on the 3rd and she confirmed that my treatment is working! Bones with metastasis are healing and no new growth so "stable" is what I would call it. Only other issues I have is my left knee has arthritis and is bothering me, so going to see my GP next week Thursday and ask for a cortisone shot and/or a referral. Also the PET scan showed some fluid in my lungs but the onc doesn't think it's cancer so she referred me to a pulmonilogist and finally I have two cavities and I don't have dental insurance so I'm going to a sliding scale fee place September 9th to have them extracted. In the meantime controlling the pain with ibuprofen it's not that bad.

Please pray for my daughter to find a job soon since starting in September her dad will no longer be helping us with half the rent and my disability check can't be stretched anymore.

God bless and be with you always.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Aurora, that is great news as far as your stable condition. Praying for all of your needs to be met not only physical regarding the lungs and the teeth but for financial provision for you as well.

Joanne, praying that God will surround you with His comfort as only He can. He knows your deepest needs and concerns and I pray that He will minister health and healing to you and that He will give you a day of freedom from nausea, pain and sickness so you can catch your breath and move forward.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2016

Aurora...I thank God for the courage and healing He has blessed you with. Praying for financial blessings as well. Nancy, thanks,for that powerful prayer for us. I am certainly in agreement. Alexia may be able to get into a local rehab that will also take Valentina. They do a stepdown to a group home setting where she will be able to get her GED and job help. lt will be awesome if she gets in there. Please continue praying. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Praying for a good day for all of us. God knows who we are and what we need. Sometimes He is just waiting for us to ask Him.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2016

So True, Nancy!! The power of talking to God is amazing! Love all the posters!! Hope you are feeling better each and every day! Joanne, I am praying for you as well! I am learning accept this phrase daily:"In His Perfect Timing."

We had a wonderful week in Boise!!

Have a wonderful and Blessed Weekend, Sisters in Christ!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Welcome back Kathy. Glad you had a good visit with your family I am assuming.

Have a wonderful start of the week and a blessed Sunday.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Nancy, beautiful banner. Spoke to my heart today. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2016

Amen ladies,

As always the banners are great.

I pray for wisdom and God's perfect will with our impending elections. May the peace and strength of God be with all of us.

God Bless

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Yes, Arcats, Amen to that.

Jean, praying for this skin cancer removal and for peace in the midst of the storm.

G, how are you and the children doing. You have been on my heart for a few days. School starts today for the kids here. It will seem strange to have my two little neighbors next to me gone on school days now. The littlest one just started kindergarten today. She loves to "help" me water my flowers and then begs me to pick on for her. LOL She is always happy with a bouquet of spent geraniums.

Joanne, praying for a good day for you.

Angie, how are you doing? How is your neighborhood organic garden doing? I love that concept.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2016

Hi Nancy & fellow sisters

I am sorry I haven't been on in awhile. My stage 2 surgery is Aug 25th and I have been trying to get everything lined up for school and the fall breast cancer work shop. Honestly, I am trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of surgery. :). This will be number 7 and I am standing on Gods promises that this will be my surgery of restoration & Completeness to however He sees fit. Being broken is a good thing. More of Him, less of us.

Nancy do you have a current prayer sheet for everyone? I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see it so if I missed it can you pm me. I want to stay on top of all of our prayer requests & praises.

Love you all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

ATTENTION DEAR SISTERS

I have not done a formal prayer sheet since November as we have had so many people come and go and it was getting overwhelming to list everyone that had been on here for the year. I would like to try something different but people will have to log on to see this.

If you have a prayer request please send me a PM. This way the people who are currently active we can pray for them. I think it is too much to have a list that is so long no one will have the time or the inclination to pray for some who have not posted for a long time. I don't mean for that to sound cold but I think it is the practical thing to do. Certainly if someone who hasn't been on for quite a while and you have a burden for them by all means pray for them and possibly send them a PM and tell them you are praying. Some ladies for whatever reason move on and we get new people in their place and over time we have had a lot of ladies post.

I know there are a few of you who basically read and are behind the scenes. I hope you will come forward with your prayer requests as well.

So if you want to be included on the prayer list with a current need please let me know through a PM. That will make it easier for me to find them in one location.

When I started on this thread it was a loving and tight group of prayer warriors who supported one another not only in prayer but in posts as well. This thread was a place to go for motivation, inspiration and sometimes a place to vent knowing it was safe place to do so. Let's keep the traditional of a loving thread active and alive.

Thanks dear sisters and thanks G for the motivation to get the prayer chain back up and running.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Let's lift up Jean as I think she is having her skin cancer removed today. Let's pray that all of it is taken and that it will take care of it for good.

G is having surgery on Aug. 25 and had quite a time with infection in the past so let's lift her up and pray for a successful surgery with NO complications and victory against fear.

Please read my previous post.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

I changed my skin cancer removal to the end of September from last Tuesday. It is a minor procedure and doc said no problem in posponing it since it is just basal cell. I did see my breast surgeon yesterday. She spent about 5 minutes with me and said since I had no issues and a clear mamo/sono she would see me in a year. I am very grateful. Hope you are all well today. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2016

Lifting you up in prayer, G!!! You will do great!

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2016

Good afternoon ladies,

Checking in to see how our prayer warriors are. I read and pray everyday, but don't post often.

I do have a praise....my son has been offered a job with a nearby university in their campus landscaping department. It doesn't pay as much as he wanted, but has good hours, no weekend work, and insurance/health benefits. I am thanking God for this provision, and thanking those of you who have prayed for him. For new ladies on here, he is married with a 2 and 1/2 year old son, and lost his job unexpectedly in May. His wife has been a stay at home mom, so she had gone back to waitressing to keep them afloat. Praising God for this opportunity...it has also helped Stephen grow in his faith.

I'm doing pretty well...have gone back to taking 2 Celebrex a day for the hip arthritis. I had a dermatologist appointment this week for a couple of suspicious spots, and he was able to take care of the precancerous one with "freezing"; the other area is something benign. Praising Him again. Should be going for that 6 month mammogram soon..thankful to be able to do most things that I want to do.

My husband Clyde is still waiting on God's direction in ministry. I will start back this year as a group leader in our Community Bible Study class. Please pray for me as this is a new area of leadership for me. I went thru 2 days of training this week.

I love you all and pray that you have days with little discomfort , restful nights, and good surgery/test results.

May God fill your lives with blessings!

Ellen

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2016

Dear Nancy and everyone who prayed for me as I started out sick on our family vacation, I recovered in a couple of days and felt pretty good the whole time which is a wonderful blessing as my treatment causes lots of fatigue. That is one of the reasons I haven't posted much. While I read and pray for you all, sometimes it takes more energy than I feel. We had a pretty good vacation but it rained a lot so that was a bit of a downer. Traveling really takes its toll on me but I recovered just in time to have a very unexpected root canal today for a tooth that's been bothering me. I need to get to bed now, will write more later.

Love and prayers for all,

Faith

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2016

Ellen so so thankful for the praise report!!!! Gods provision showing up right on time for your son. Amazing!!!!!

When I saw you mention CBS I smiled so big. I have been in CBS since 2004 and had to take a break for the last 2 years with all my recovery. But guess what?!?! We get to start again this fall. The children are so excited. Honestly that ministry has been a blessing to me in every state I have lived. I'll be lifting you up in prayer. Such a blessing to lead a group like that. Thank you for your love and prayers for me as well. Xoxoxo

Kathy thank you for the prayers and encouragement. I cherish all of them.

Nancy I'll get that prayer request out to you tomorrow.

Jean keep us posted on the skin cancer removal. God has this for sure. :-)

Faith I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your family vacation and that the Lord gave you the strength you needed. Praying for your root canal too.

Good night sisters. Joy is coming in the morning. :-)

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Ellen, God is always faithful. There is something about answered prayers that lifts our faith. Praise God that Stephen was able to get this new job. God will provide. Praying for you in your new leadership role and for you hip pain. Continued prayers for Clyde as well.

Jean, i am glad you were able to postpone your skin cancer removal. By next month hopefully things will be more stable with your family members.

G, praying for you dear sis.

Faith, I am glad you were able to enjoy your vacation even if the weather was not ideal. I am glad this thread and these ladies are a blessing to you. Everyone certainly understands that going through ongoing treatment is tough and we are always glad to hear from you whenever you feel like posting. Praying that you will recover quickly from your root canal.

Have a great weekend dear ladies. Don't be shy about giving me your prayer requests. I have a grand total of none right now.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2016

wonderful poster, Jo-5!! Hope you are doing better!!

G, I did CBS when I lived in Pittsburgh!! I loved it! I am sure you will be a wonderful leader!!!

Have a wonderful and Blessed weekend!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Prayers for G as she faces her surgery on Aug. 25.

Prayers for Ellen as she begins her leadership ministry in CBS.

My mom has a pipe leaking in her basement and a kitchen sink that won't drain properly. I am praying that I can coordinate someone coming out at the beginning of the week and for my BIL to be there at her house to meet them. I just had a plumber out to look at the sink when i was at my mom's. It was draining fine then.

Have a great weekend. I have had no prayer requests from anyone. I know you have depended on me to create the prayer list in the past but as I have mentioned before we have had so many people come and go I don't want to overwhelm us with a huge list and i don't want to leave anyone out that would like to be on it. I know many of you don't even realize we have had prayer lists.

Love

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited August 2016

Nancy, that was a perfect poster! Praying that your Mom's plumbing issues resolve!!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2016

Nancy don't worry if no one posts to the prayer request you have put it out there now it's up to us

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

I am grateful for a quiet day. A walk and a swim, laundry, cooking and cleaning upstairs. Nice weather too, heat wave has broken. My daughter is beyond busy trying to get things ready for Alexia and Valentina to go into rehab, hopefully soon. Lets be praying for Louisiana flooding and California fires. I just sent up a prayer for all here facing treatments, surgeries, rads and who are done and trying to recover, those in pain and those dealing with financial and family issues. God is with us. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thanks Aurora for sending your prayer request.

Ladies, I know how many of you think because I am guilty of the same kind of thinking. All of us have needs and yes, some seem more serious than others but regardless we all have needs. I would like for ALL of you who participate in this thread to send me your prayer requests. There is no request that is too small if it is important to YOU.

Thank you Kathy. You have the gift of encouragement and it is such an important gift in the body of Christ.

Jean, glad you had a good day and praying things will all work out with your family needs.

I am still waiting for my sister to get back to me so i can coordinate having a sewer company come out to my mom's and hopefully have my BIL there to help explain what we need done.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited August 2016

I haven't been here in awhile. Catching up on all the previous posts.

On a personal note, I just found out a friend has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He has a few weeks. I know as we get older this will occur more often, but it's still hard to lose old friends. I wish everyone could have a place like this to go to find friendship and support. You all are very special.

I am praying that God grants you all strength, perseverance and peace.

Blessings