thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited August 2016

I have been very busy but I keep all of you in my prayers. Today I went for my 6 month follow up with a new MO. What a difference. I came away feeling hopeful instead of feeling depressed like I did with my old MO. Instead of talking about why I made the decisions that I did and making me feel bad we talked about issues I was experiencing now and future test and treatments. He was very positive and supportive of the decisions that were made by my husband and I and of the future. I praise the Lord for all the people that helped me make this change.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2016

Happy Birthday Nancy and welcome to Medicare!

Alexia was remanded to jail yesterday and my dtr bailed her out last night. She is supposed to go to an inpatient rehab that my daughter is calling today. Please pray this goes smoothly. My daughter is glad this happened as her treatment is out of her hands and Alexia was scared. Tough love. Not easy but necessary. Continued prayers would be appreciated.

I am dealing with some kinda free flowing anxiety especially at night. My right knee is getting painful and also my left leg. I am asking Jesus to heal me so I don't have to go through more surgery. His will though, not mine. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited August 2016

Thank you Joanne for the birthday banners. That cake looks good enough to eat. I'll take an end piece. In other words the whole perimeter. LOL

Thank you Jean. My Medicare will be in flux until I can enroll in our State plan in the fall so I have no idea how things will work in these next few months but I am sure I will soon find out. I have been praying for you and your whole family. It sounds like a rough time but maybe this incident with Alexia will be just what she needs in the long run. Praying for peace and direction for you and your family. Hang in there.

Have a great day dear ladies. I am at my mom's now and will be here for a week. Lot's going on at her house the next few days.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2016

Happy Birthday, sweet Nancy!! I wish you a Day filled with Many Blessings, Joy, Love and Laughter !! Praying also for your health! You care so much about every one, please take care of YOU!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2016

Happy birthday dear Nancy! May you have God's blessings and wisdom and strength in helping your mom.

Auror

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited August 2016

Joanne, My favorite song!!! Thank you for sharing!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Kathy and Aurora.

My unexpected birthday present was when I went to refill some prescriptions tonight at my mom's for me I found out the they can get my blood pressure med from the same manufacturer that I have had and my local Walgreens could not get. I am so thankful. There is a hitch with my cancer drug however and someone wrote the script with the wrong year in June. Hopefully they can reach my MO soon. So that was my unexpected present and definitely an answer to prayer. We will see if this fixes the heart racing issue and elevated pulse rate.

We are going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow evening.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2016

Happy. Birthday Nancy! God"s blessings to you.

Fait

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Faith. Have you started your vacation yet? I hope you have a great time.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Good afternoon dear ladies of faith,

My mom's ac stopped working and thankfully the repairman came right out, I think he added Freon and the ac has to be turned off for several hours and then he is coming back. UGH It is very hot here but I am thankful I have been here both times to deal with the AC.

I hope you all have a great day today and are keeping cool.

I may have posted this banner in the past but the scripture never gets old.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited August 2016

Just logged in reading about 5 pages of posts! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nancy! I hope your celebration tonight is fun and the beginning of many more wonderful years! I hope you are feeling better. You know, I had high blood pressure during chemo.....actually, I think it went up when I walked in that building! But, regardless, I am a research girl and learned that beets and beet powder helps to lower blood pressure. (As does exercise) So, I ordered organic beet powder and put it in my fruit/vegetable smoothies. It turns it a pretty pink but you cannot really taste the beet flavor. Don't know if it really works, but my blood pressure now runs around 115/75. But, I do a lot of exercise too. So thankful to be able to do that.

Aurora, Happy dance for you! Good news! Keep it up!

Jo, Hope you are feeling better.

G....loved the pictures. I had 2 children, but I always though have several more would be fun! Yes, work, but worth it! You are blessed.

Love ALL the banners and pictures!

Update on the lady in my exercise class.....you won't believe this! She was in the operating room 10 days ago.....scrubbed up, IV's in, everything.....surgeon comes in and the plate/bone prosthesis was not there! Surgeon was furious as was the anesthesiologist! My friend, Linda was tramatized! No surgery that day and so far not rescheduled! She said she stayed in bed and cried for 4 days. Someone made a HUGE mistake! I do not know her well enough to ask a lot of questions, but if it were me or a family member, I would be at the door of the hospital administrator demanding answers! She really needs this surgery! She said she is a mess! No wonder! I will keep you posted.

I am doing some online training to be a Reach to Recovery volunteer coach for the ACS. I hope I can be of some help to women going through what we all have been through.

Hope today is a good day for all! Enjoy your party tonight, Nancy and make a good wish - hope it comes true!

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Oh dear ladies. Please pray for my hubby. Some of the ugliness from his past addiction has raised its head again. He is doing the blame game, the silent treatment and other forms of manipulation to try to get me to comply with things I know are wrong. I was hoping that this was over. He needs to seek the Lord's help in dealing with this. I could also use some prayer as I am battling hurt, disappointment, fear and anger. I need Jesus love, wisdom and guidance. Nancy, I am glad to hear the good news of your medicine, hope it resolves the heart issue. Praying for all to be blessed in Jesus this night. Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2016

Happy Birthday Nancy. So glad you got a much deserved unexpected B-day gift.

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Thanks for the prayers. He seems calmer and more cheerful today. These episodes do leave me exhausted and emotionally torn. I am getting better at practicing detachment though. Grateful today for wonderful doctors at Sloan Kettering, my clear mamo and the sun shining outside. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Thank you Angie for my pretty birthday banner. I think I will celebrate all year. LOL We had a good time going out to eat with my mom, sister and BiL. I started my new bp meds this morning. Actually I had a heart racing episode this morning before taking it so I will be very curious to see what happens now I am back on my usual meds. Hope you are doing well.

Jean, glad to hear things are better today and glad you are learning some techniques that help you.

Lynn, thank you for the birthday wishes. I was into juicing for many years and then into smoothies until I got really sick from one and have not had one since. I was eliminating things to figure out what was causing so much GI distress a long time ago. Part of it was the flax seed I was using and I determined most of it was SE's of my AI. I do remember knowing beet juice was good for you but I don't think I ever tried it. I have a very old fashioned pcp and I was bound and determined several years ago to prove to him that diet and exercise would lower my blood pressure. He was so closed minded regarding natural alternatives and acted like as you get older it is just what you deal with. With my swimming and my weight loss I have been able to lower my blood pressure meds twice and I am on the very lowest dose with only one med to regulate it. I think he is left scratching his head.

I can't believe the whole thing about Linda. That is just unbelievable. Let us know when her surgery is rescheduled.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I think we are to get a little let up in the heat and humidity soon. I am certainly looking forward to that.

Let the games begin!!!!!! (In Rio that is)

Love

Nancy

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2016

Hello everyone,

Happy Birthday Nancy, wishing you all the best. Great Banners and words to some of the best songs that have been inspired by God Himself. I've been moving and officially have arrived in my place. Didn't have internet and will be working unpacking so many boxes.

The struggles of life will always be there; before, during and after the dust settles God is there, and will always be there for us, no matter what.

To my dear sisters in Christ, may God answer all our prayers according to His perfect will.

• faith-840
    edited August 2016

hello dear ladies, I'm asking you to please pray for me. We started on our vacation today and we have driven half to Florida and stopped for the night. I think I may have some food poisoning from a salad I had for lunch and I'm feeling really sick with gastro issues. We have another long drive tomorrow and I'm really worried. I will also pray for everyone here. Thank you.

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Dear Father, we pray for Faith that you will perform a miracle of healing in her body so they will be able to continue their trip tomorrow. We pray that you would give her restorative sleep and peace that whatever comes tomorrow you will be there to help her face. We asked that you would bless their vacation and that this will be a a sickness that will quickly leave her body. Give her peace and a good night's rest and I am praying that when she wakes up tomorrow that she will feel so much better that she will be able to make another long drive. We all know how much planning goes into a vacation and we pray that even though this vacation has not started off as they would have liked we pray that you can turn this around for the good and that they will be able to really enjoy this vacation, We pray this in Jesus name.

Love,

Nancy

Arcats, thank you for the birthday wishes. You have obviously been very busy packing and will be unpacking. These times of stress turn into new and exciting adventures and new chapters of our lives. I pray that you will have a wonderful new chapter in your life and your new home to be able to bless others and receive all the blessings the Lord has for you. Take care and I pray for strength and courage as you unpack all of those boxes and make all the decision of where thing will go. I hope you feel great strides everyday so you can get control of your house as soon as possible. i pray for peace and joy in your new home.

I hope everyone has good restorative sleep tonight,.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

If you didn't see Faith's post please pray for her as they on vacation with long rides in the car and she is sick. You can scroll back and get the details but please pray that she can get over this asap. Thanks.

• faith-840
    edited August 2016
    Dear Nancy, and all the others who have prayed for me. It was a long night without much sleep but I am feeling somewhat better and we are still driving on our way to our family vacation. We should be there in about an hour. I thank God and all of you who prayed for me as I know it was prayer that helped me last night.

God's blessings on everyone

Faith ( in the future
  • bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Faith, I am sure sorry to hear you were sick for most of the night but am so glad to hear that you have been able to continue on to your vacation destination. I felt so badly for you when I first read your prayer request. I pray that this bug was a short lived thing and that you will recover enough to enjoy your vacation,

Joanne, praying that by tomorrow all of your possible SE for the shots will be gone. I think I only had the flushing for a day that went from cheeks to neck to breasts. I don't recall feeling anything else other than looking funny. Praying these shots will be just what you need to eliminate a couple of sources of your pain. Praying that in general your pain will improve each day so that you can look back and see how far you have come in that area. Hoping for a good night's sleep for you.

Take care dear sisters,.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Hi ladies,

I have mentioned this issue a long time ago. It is NEVER a good idea to put much personal information out there on a public forum, I find it very disconcerting that I have so many advertisers tracking my personal email even though I have some pretty hefty virus software etc. When I have seen people put their whole name on the forum I have mentioned it but I think sometimes we think it is harmless. When I was teaching we had a police officer conduct an assembly with our junior high students. It was absolutely shocking what little information could be given out where lurkers and bad people could actually find out where they live. Actually this police officer mentioned never to announce you are going on vacation because again it can open yourself up to a whole host of problems with tech savy con artists out there.

So thanks for the heads up Joanne.

I pray that this reaction you are having will pass very soon. I am thrilled to hear that it seems to be working on your knees.

Faith, I pray that you made it safely to your vacation location and I pray that you fully recover from your sickness and can enjoy your vacation,

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2016

Beautiful banner Aurora.

Joanne, I am praying that this reaction will quickly leave and that you will be able to feel the benefits it will give for your knees. I just hope it doesn't go on for long.

Faith, still praying that you are doing better and can enjoy your vacation.

The big landscaping project did start at my mom's so I am thrilled about that. The timing worked out great even though this project was supposed to have taken place in June but the awful weather stalled things apparently.

I will be heading back home tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well. I know it is a busy time.

Love,

Nancy

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2016

I love the banners.

Nancy, you are correct about what people can do with your private info. It's the time we live in and there are people out there without a conscience or scruples.

Joanne, I've had cortisone shots but never to my knee. I'm sorry you are going through this and I pray that day by day your knees start healing.

Faith, hope you're feeling better and that your vacation has turned out better than it started.

God Bless

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Please pray for my granddaughter Alexia. She still is not in rehab. The hospital accepted her but insurance so far won't cover her. My daughter is beyond frustrated and is also taking care of Valentina. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Thanks ladies for the orayers. Between my hubby's meltdowns and my granddaughter, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed layely. I did enjoy watching the women's gymnastics team last night. They are truly amazing. Love, Jean.

• faith-840
    edited August 2016

Thank you everyone for your prayers, they have been answered! I am feeling much better and feel sure that your prayers have helped. We are all enjoying our vacation even though the weather could be better. It is just great to be together and get to enjoy the granddaughters in a way that we don't often have the chance to since they are getting so much older and have busy lives.

I have been praying for all of you very special women here and asking God to bless you with His Mercy. and healing graces.

Love, Faith (in the future

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2016

Good morning dear ladies. Faith I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better. Being with grandchildren is so wonderful. We are still trying to find a rehab for Alexia that will meet her needs and also be covered by my daughter's insurance. I'm grateful today that my hubby seems to be calmer. I pray you all have a blessed day. Jo, I hope your sides from the knee injections have subsided. Nancy, hoping your visit with Mom is going well. Love, Jean