thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited November 2016

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2016

Ladies I need prayer for my sister Dottie. She is going to Sloan Kettering next week. Her opthamologist believes she may have retinal melanoma. Thank you. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2016

Jean

Lifting up your sister Dottie in prayer! Standing and believing with you for God to heal every part of her eye specifically the retina and any cancerous cells that may be trying to attack we say they are already dead and dried up at the root in Jesus name!!!!

Sending my continued prayers for both thespoken requests and the unspoken to all of you amazing women of faith. Have a blessed week!!!!

G

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Jean, I have been praying for your sister Dottie, Alexia and your whole family.

Praying for you dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited December 2016

It sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours are much quieter now, but we are blessed.

I love all the beautiful pics. You have a wonderful gift. I especially like the one where you are looking up the tree. I love trees!

My eye surgery has been scheduled for 1/6/17. It's 2 surgeries. One for the removal of the tumor and one for the repair, but they will take place on the same day. From what I can see online it looks pretty bad when it's over, but the repair looks great after 6-8 weeks. I was hoping to have it done more than 4 weeks before I go to Florida, but they are a busy place and the 2 surgeons have to coordinate, otherwise it has to be done on 2 different days.

I am having more pain in my knee. I have been doing intermediate yoga classes 3-5 times a week, but now can only do restorative classes. I hadn't realized how much my pain was being managed by yoga. Plus, I really like it. Not being able to do it has been hard. I'm trying not to obsess about the lesion in my femur. I don't have my next MRI until the 28th. I will be working at the zoo for our zoo lights next week until the 23rd which will help pass the time. In the meantime, I pray that I am having issues with arthritis and not a mets.

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Mini, I hope you are able to enjoy the Christmas season despite your upcoming surgery. Ladies please continue to pray for my sister Dottie who has an appointment Wednesday at Sloan Kettering with an eye surgeon. She may have retinal melanoma.

I am grateful today for seeing friends last night at a gallery opening. Also for my hubby doing so well now that his myasthenia gravis is in remission. Hoping to spend some time with my great-granddaughter Valentina this weekend . Love , Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Thank you Mini. We will be praying for your upcoming surgeries and praying your femur is nothing serious.

Jean, continued prayers for you your family.

Please continue to pray for Joanne. She can't eat any solid foods for three weeks so you can imagine that will not be easy going into Christmas time.

Genny, I can only imagine how exciting things get with your big family around the holidays.

I got to enjoy seeing several of these little guys on Thanksgiving at my sister's bird feeders. I don't have any of these birds at mine. They are so cute. It is called a tufted titmouse.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Here is a banner I made from one of my photos. Kath wanted a print of this and put it in their retirement home that she never actually got to use but visited it as they were working on it. I can finally now pass this tree and bench in our local Arboretum without tearing up. I still pray for our families that lost loved ones from this thread. I think of Kath and Lucy and Steve whose families will be going through the holidays for the first time without their loved ones.

I prayer for strength for each one of us going through challenges.

Thanks Joanne for your post.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2016

Sending prayers to our dear Lord for Nancy, Joanne, Jean, Mini, G, and any others I'm forgetting for all our spoken and unspoken needs. He came into this world to heal us and save us and I believe this special season of Christmas while it can be so sad for so many of us, we have to feel and believe in the hope He brought to this world.

Hugs, Faith (in the future)

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2016

Hi to all. Sorry not to address each one individually but I do pray for each one of you. I need prayers. I just finished my second cycle of Xeloda and the soles of my feet and left hand are burning. The area of my leg that was radiated is burning too. It is a known side effect of the Xeloda but it's one that I don't know if I can keep going. I'm going to call my onc tomorrow. She already reduce the dose once but I'm going to see if she can either reduce more or give me more time off.

Thank you for your prayers.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Grateful for a very intense time of prayer this early morning as it snows outside. Prayer for family, church, friends and you dear ladies. Jesus is glorious. The light in our darkness. He overcomes. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Thank you for your prayers Faith. Praying you can feel some of that hope this season.

Aurora, praying for a solution to the bad SE's you are experiencing. I have heard other ladies in the past talking about those SE's.

Jean, praying for Alexia and your family.

Joanne, continued prayers for the sickness your family is experiencing and for the court case coming soon.

Ellen, praying for your continued healing in your recovery from your hip surgery.

Charlotte, praying you can resume your treatments after your surgery.

Patty, hope we can hear how you are doing after your surgery.

The good news today is the xrays my mom had on her hip shows no fracture and no need for surgery. The pain issue will need to be addressed and it is frustrating trying to deal with this long distance. I just hope she can hold out until I return and take her to her annual physical.

I will see my endocrinologist tomorrow regarding my thyroid nodules. My ultra sound found no changes which is a good sign but I don't know if my doctor will want a repeat biopsy. I got sick during the procedure last Jan and she would not continue even though I wanted to. She got good samples but the results came back inconclusive. If that happens twice they just remove the thyroid. I am praying I will get another year of reprieve and no more tests until next year at this time.

Have a restful night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2016

Aurora, praying for a solution to the known SE's you are experiencing with Xeloda. Praying that it is resolved with the change in dosage and adjustment of treatment schedule. You are always in my prayers.

Nancy, so glad about the good news for you and your mom.

I know I don't post much any more and some of the newer ones on this thread may not regonize me. But want all to know I read all the time and pray for the spoken and unspoken prayers. Fervent prayers for our sisters that currently in treatment, readying for surgery, recovering from surgery or those that my need an adjustment to their current treatment plan and those that are just diagdnosed and are in the waiting room to get answers and treatment plan in place.

Also keeping all up in prayer during this holiday season!

Love across the miles,

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Today I am grateful for sunshine and a good bible study yesyerday.

Nancy, praying for your doctor visit tomorrow. Glad your Mom doesn't need surgery. Hard to deal with long distance. Praying for all those you have posted as well.

Please pray for my sister as she has her eye checked at Sloan Kettering tomorrow. I have an appointment for a coloscopy on Thursday and hubby with his urologist today. Seems most of our outings are to doctors these days. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    edited December 2016

Nancy,

I know you are very private and humble about your Butterfly calendars but I just had to thank you publicly. The ladies absolutely loved them and they could all relate to the symbol of the butterfly. I made sure they saw your testimony on the last page and if they wanted to order some like I did, how to find you. :). Such a blessing!!!! Thank you for getting those to me in time for these beautiful survivors to enjoy. God is good.

How is everyone doing? I was scrolling back reading through the prayer & praise reports thankful that we are all here to lift up one another in prayer. May the Lord bless and keep each one of us as we seek Him.

Blessings & Love,

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Today I am grateful for the morning quiet and the snow. Just waiting to hear from my sister and starting my colonoscopy prep for tomorrow. Love , Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Thank you for the prayers and good to see your post, Angie. I know we ALL appreciate your prayer support knowing you are there reading and praying is such a blessing.

Jean, praying for your colonoscopy. I know the prep is the biggest part of the challenge. Praying for Dotties apt and DH's apt today as well. Thanks for your prayers.

G, I can't tell you what a blessing it was to read your post. You have NO idea how much my desire has been to get my calendars into the hands of people needing hope. I pray that all of your ladies will do well in their journey now. You were extremely generous to get those calendars for all of your class and I am sure that you were such a blessing to them as well speaking from your personal journey with bc and your journey in faith. I am requesting that all the proceeds from my calendar sales go into the feeding of the homeless program through my mom's and sister's church.

I have more good news. I saw my endocrinologist yesterday and I don't have to have a biopsy and will have another ultrasound next year. This is the first year I have been able to avoid a biopsy so I am thrilled at that. My doctor is newly married and we were talking about that. She said do you have anything going on in your personal life and I told her about my butterfly calendars. She was so excited for me and while I was still in the room she googled the place I am selling them and bookmarked it. She was definitely planning on getting one. My calendar has my personal story in it so it is a tool for witnessing God's love besides looking at the photos. Then her assistant came in to schedule the next apt and said what's all the buzz about your calendar. Come to find out this lady used to be a professional photographer in Vegas and now she is a medical assistant. Life is funny and exciting that way.

Have a great day ladies. It is to be bitterly cold here in the next days. I am looking for opportunities to photograph flowers in nurseries and conservatories in the New Year. I will be at my mom's for three weeks over Christmas.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Good news,ladies. My sister's appointment showed it is melanoma but they are treating it with laser so she won't lose her eye. Thank you all for the prayers. She will have 3 treatments and will need to be checked periodically. Love , Jean

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2016

Hello everyone, it is so good to hear of the good news of so many of you and also to give thanks for my test results indicating my cancer is still stable. Jean, keeping you in prayer also as you go through the prep and colonoscopy. To me, that is one of the worst things. Nancy, I'm happy to hear there is no need for a biopsy. Those are not fun, Hope your visit at your mother's is enjoyable and goes well. Will pray also that you get there safely as snow is in the forecast again. I guess winter has officially arrived.

In today's bible lesson, IT SAID " GOD KNOWS EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE, WHAT WE NEED AND WHEN WE NEED IT" That really spoke to me today as I've been having lots of anxiety over a few things and it is so appropriate to remember in this season of Advent. One of the songs we sing in my choir during advent says, "Wait for the Lord, Be Strong, Take heart." I think we all do well to remember that and believe it.

As always, praying for all your needs, dear ladies of faith.

Hugs, Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Faith, thank you. I am SO glad to hear that things are stable for you. Praying you can have some days of peace and joy in this Christmas season.

Jean, praying for good results from you colonoscopy today. I am so glad Dottie can have laser treatment. PTL

Have a good day and stay warm those of you who are experiencing the frigid temps.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good morning dear ladies of faith,

I hope you have a warm and safe weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2016

Hi all.

Reading your posts and praying as I read. And, I love the pictures and banners. In our daily life it is so easy to get wrapped up in "stuff", but I make it a priority to pray for all of you on this site and God's grace in my life. I am so thankful for my recovery and staying healthy. It is only when you have health problems that you REALLY appreciate feeling good. May God bless each of you and your families throughout this holiday season and the coming year. Love you all.

Lynn

• SA8PG
    edited December 2016

Amen Lynn!!!!! :)))

Amen Faith!!! "Wait for the Lord"

Nancy, where is that picture taken at? So beautiful!!!

Jean we will be waiting with expectation for your good results from the Colonoscopy.

Jean continued prayers for your sister & great praise that she will not lose her eye!!! PTL!!

Have a blessed weekend everyone. Thanking God for hearing the spoken and unspoken needs on this thread. He's already sent our answers: yes, no or not now. Even so Lord Jesus we will trust in You!!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Today I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine. I think I sprained my ankle somehow. God is still good. I hope it gets better so I can see our great granddaughter. Asking the Lord to bless us all today. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

My sister Dottie has to decide whether to have her eye removed or go for the more conservative treatment and risk cancer coming back. If it did metastisize there is no treatment and she would have about 8 months to live. Her doctor thinks the laser will take care of it but she would have to be checkwd regularly for the rest of her life Please pray for God's wisdom and perfect will for her. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

My sister Dottie has to decide whether to have her eye removed or go for the more conservative laser treatment and risk cancer coming back. If it did metastisize there is no treatment and she would have about 8 months to live. Her doctor at Sloan Kettering thinks the laser treatmen will take care of it but of course there are no guarantees.Please pray for God's wisdom and perfect will for her. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Hi dear ladies,

I will have to write more later. I have nursing home day and only have a few minutes. I am praying as I read your posts coming in.

G, I wish I could claim that pic as my own but it is not. It is beautiful, I agree.

Here is another beautiful Christmas scene but not one of my own.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Lynn, it is good to hear from you.

Jean, I pray that your sister will make the right decision for her.

Joanne's family has this very important court day on Dec. 15. Let's pray that justice wins and that her granddaughter will get her children back permanently. It has been a terrible time for all concerned and especially for the children.

How is everyone holding up during this season that is a wonderful and magical time but also hectic and stressful for many?

I have doing pretty well with insomnia and had a nice longer stretch of sleeping well lately but not so last night and I was not able to go to church today and it really hate that.

Have a safe and warm day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good morning dear ladies,

I think this is a great scripture to start off a new day. Stay safe and warm. Praying for your needs dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    edited December 2016

Enjoying our dinner time devotionals for the Christmas season. Tonight our song was one of my favorites.

Thinking of you all.

Xoxo

G