thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited December 2016

G,

You children are so blessed to be raised in a Christian family that has devotionals. I love that song and it tells the whole story in a few verses. We celebrate the baby Jesus on Christmas day but we can celebrate Him as our savior in our hearts every single day of the year.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe and warm.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

This pic is for all of us but especially for Joanne as I know she loves Thomas Kincaid.

Joanne's granddaughter's court case over custody of the kids is tomorrow. Please pray for them and for the judge and for her lawyer that they can see the truth of what has been going on and give her back the kids permanently.

Praying for you dear sisters for SE's, for those trying to live each day because you have no idea how many of those are left, praying for all of us that we can grab tight to those we love and realize that gift of family is probably the most precious gift God could give us next to giving us his son Jesus. Have a blessed afternoon and evening and stay warm. It is bitterly cold here today and to get even worse tomorrow.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2016

Today I am grateful for my hubby's brother visiting. He arrived today and is staying for 3 weeks. Hubby is very happy to have him here but for me it can be a bit of a strain so I am glad Jesus will give me patience, endurance and wisdom. Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2016

Good morning ladies,

Requesting your prayers for a fellow Bible Study Leader, Pam, who received a cancer diagnosis and plan of treatment yesterday. Thankfully, it is early stage and sounds like DCIS ( she didn't state that specifically.). She will have a lumpectomy after Christmas, then go thru radiation. I think she had another form of cancer years ago, which is why they are moving quickly. She does have friends and a husband to help, but her relationship with her only child,a daughter, is strained. Please join me in praying for her peace of mind and for effective treatment, as well as a restoration with her daughter.

I had an oncology checkup Tuesday, just to discuss Tamoxifen use. All went well, and on my way out, two sweet Girl Scouts gave me a Christmas goody bag...really warmed my heart. Lots of neat things for cancer patients, like Kleenex, mints, socks, and lip balm. I forget sometimes that I am still on cancer planet, although I view myself as a visitor. Lately I've been so involved in the Land of Hip Replacement that SE from BC are minor.

Wishing you all a day of little pain, more energy, and full of blessings from God...

Ellen

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited December 2016

Jean - Praying for your sister. What an agonizing decision.

I had my pre-op lab work today and everything was normal. That makes me feel better about the lesion on my knee. I know it's not a guarantee, but it bodes well for a benign diagnosis.

It is sooooo cold. I hope everyone is safe and warm.

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Praying for Pam. Hope Jo's court went well today. My sister has decided to keep her eye and follow her doctor's recommendation for laser treatment. She seems at peace with her decision. Thank you for the prayers dear ladies. I am looking forward to seeing my great granddaughter this weekend. She will be 2 yrs old on December 23rd! Time flies. I was in chemo when she was born. In some ways the cancer treatment seems like a bad dream. Hope it worked and won't return. Today I am grateful for my awesome medical care. Thank you Jesus. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good afternoon dear sisters,

It has been so crazy for me the last couple of days that I just need to stop and breathe. I will have to write more later. It has been a mad dash against time since I am leaving on Wed for 3 weeks and with major insurance changes it has been a trip for sure! I am praying as you post but sorry I haven't had a chance to respond yesterday to anything.

I will let Joanne fill you in when she is up to it but the court case has been bumped to Feb. because someone appointed by the court didn't do his job. They are paying this man an exorbitant amount of money already and now it will even be more. Please pray for them. This situation is just awful and I still believe God is in charge. The judge who they do not appreciate is leaving on Dec. 31 so I have to believe this is a God thing as they will have a new judge and hopefully one who can see the truth in this awful situation.

I love this animated scene and need to stop and realize this is what I need to concentrate on in the midst of the craziness.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Nancy I pray that you will find 15 minutes today to just sit and breathe, to be still and know that He is God. We survivors are not allowed to dash, especially madly. Teehee! Today I am so grateful for my brother in law. He has fixed hubbys signal light in the SUV, fixed our ceiling fan and is installing a sand spreader on the ATV we use to snowplow. Next he plans to repair the ceiling in the basement where we had a plumbing leak and help hubby with several other projects that have remained undone for months and up to a year. Wow, God is so good. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good evening dear sisters,

I am getting ready to see a Celtic Woman concert this evening. They have a very special meaning to me personally and this will be the third time I have had the privilege to see them live. Thank goodness they are right here in town this time as in the past I have had to travel quite a ways to see them.

It is to be bitterly cold going into this evening and into tomorrow. We have had quite a bit of that white stuff as well.

It has been a crazy last few days and I hope this evening will be a time of pleasant distractions. I am fighting with my yet to be new insurance that starts in Jan. I found out my allergy doctor was not in the network and I was absolutely sure I had checked all my doctors weeks ago. I get allergy shots every two weeks so they assure me this won't be an issue. I have heard that story before and it turned out to be a big time issue. Also I may not be able to get my night meds as in the past so I may be a raving maniac with no sleep so I would appreciate your prayers. My doctor's office will be sending a second request as the first one was denied in short order.

Prayers are going up for Pam. Ellen praying for continued and rapid healing after your hip replacement.

Mini, so glad to hear lab work has come back okay. A great sign.

Jean, can I borrow your BIL. LOL I am glad to hear that Dottie has made a decision. I know if it were me I am pretty sure that is the route I would go as well. I suppose having your eyes checked regularly would be similar to us having regular mammograms to keep a watchful eye. Praying the laser will take care of it.

I keep hearing this clip on my Christian radio station. It says if you think your life is hectic Mary had a baby in manger on Christmas Day and then had to entertain guests that evening. I guess that puts it into perspective for me.

On a more serious note I know that some of you are going through a very difficult time.

I know Faith could use your prayers.

Joanne and her family could use your prayers.

All of our stage four sisters as they deal with SE and pain and fatigue could certainly use our prayers. I was trying to copy and paste a post I had posted one day last year and nothing was working out so I guess it was not meant for now. This Christmas scene is more appropriate for the season. I can almost see that lone deer moving if I use my imagination. I suspect it is watching a family celebrating together and making wonderful memories for years to come. That is my story and I am sticking with it!

Stay safe and warm and as these days get closer to Christmas I pray that you will each find a few minutes to catch your breath as I am doing now before weathering the cold tonight again.

God Bless each of you this evening.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good morning dear sisters,

Have a wonderful Sunday. Celtic Woman Christmas concert was so great. It proved to be a wonderful distraction. Keep safe and warm today.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2016

We're such weather weenies out here in California....it got down into the 30s last night, and weather forecasters told us to cover delicate plants and citrus trees (which DH did). I wore a thermal long-sleeve shirt under my PJ top last night to stay warm. Never needed to invest in an electric blanket, but if this keeps up, I may have to Winking.

We went for a walk yesterday w/the dog, and it was so cold (for me...) with the wind chill that my teeth hurt! I always cover my ears when it's that cold b/c I actually get ear aches from the cold wind. This was the first time my teeth hurt, tho.

Stay warm, everyone!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited December 2016

Good evening everyone, I've been reading and praying for your needs as I pray, but sometimes it takes more energy than I feel to post and I needed a little break from always thinking about cancer. I'm going to try and put it on the back burner during this beautiful season of hope.

I'm praying to have enough energy to sing the beautiful but very long Christmas evening concert and mass with my large church choir. I missed it last year because I felt so sick and didn't even know it was the cancer then,so I really don't want to miss it this year.

Nancy, I'm so happy you made it to the concert and enjoyed it so much. It must have been a wonderful break for you. Safe travels this week to your mother's house.

Stay warm everyone, it's going down to -15 here tonight. Looking forward to it being a little warmer for Christmas.

Hugs and prayers for all, hope your Christmas is wonderful and pain free.

Faith ( in the future )

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2016

Faith, praying that God provides you with energy and strength to sing in your Church's Christmas concert and that you are able to participate in the mass.

Nancy, i love the Celtic woman. Glad youmade it to the concert and so glad you enjoyed it. Praying for a safe trip to your mom's house.

Yes, we are having quite the chill across the US. It dipped to low 30's here. My sister lives in IL and she says she is hoping for warmer weather.

Jo-Ann, praying for you and your family. You are constantly in my prayers.

Mags, praying for you and hoping your current treatment plan is working and that there is no progression.

Aurora, how are you doing? Praying for you always

Praying for everyone's spoken and unspoken prayers

Love across the miles,

Angie

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited December 2016

I just had to share the view from my porch with you this morning as the sun turns the mountains to gold.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. For a retailer this time of year is exhausting - for one with severe fatigue SE it is near impossible. But I have stayed on top of my mail orders, even through migraines and exhaustion. Not much strength left for anything else though.

I'm loving the Christmas music (I play flute at our church & my husband plays percussion) and the focus on Christ's birth. We're getting to visit with the grandchildren here a lot lately babysitting

and doing lots of facetime with the ones in Ohio - which blesses my heart.

I received "the news" a year ago this week - and how it has impacted my life - as you all have experienced! I would love to feel like I did before and be able to do the things I did before - but I am so thankful for modern medicine which God gave us plus His personal healing hand in our lives. Saw my new onc. for the second time and am very impressed with him. He's just out of medical school (I was one of his first day patients) and he is up on the very latest. He is soft spoken, listens and takes his time - a FAR cry from my first one who had me in tears and my husband ready to deck him! Anyway he says I will have only 4 more years of treatment rather than 9 more of this expensive medication. Praise the LORD!

I have kept up on your posts and prayed for all of you, and Lord-willing will continue to.

May God bless you with a wonderful Christmas and a blessed year ahead!

Love,

Ade

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Good morning dear ladies. I am praying as I read for all your needs here and thank you for your prayers on my behalf.

Today I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine, my brother in law visiting and being so helpful, my hubby's good health and all my family. I had a great visit with my great-granddaughter yesterday. She is growing so fast. Love, Jean image

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2016

hi everyone and praying for warmer weather for those of you freezing . One of the advantages of living in Florida is that we get spared from harsh winters.

Health wise I had to stop taking my latest oral chemo because of the se's hand and foot syndrome which caused my skin to break and burn. I'm getting home nurse care three times a week to change the dressings .

My daughter got a job in Naples and has been commuting back and and forth coming back to Orlando on the weekends. We are in the middle of trying to move to Naples there's a house in particular that we want to rent but the HOA is taking its sweet time approving us, please pray for us.

The job is a really good one and my daughter is fully accredited as a lawyer now that she passed and was admitted to the Florida bar association.

I wish everyone here a merry Christmas and warm thoughts for your families.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Dear sisters,

Cammie and I wish you all a Merry Christmas. I will check in later as I am on a fast track today.

I will be praying for you all while I do my swimming laps.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Good evening dear ladies of faith. This is a picture of my real Cammie. She is a pistol but I love her to death. She is a breed called Ragdoll.

Lita, I can understand you being cold if you are not used to the cold. Wow in the 30's. That is something for CA. That sounds like a heatwave compared to what we have been having. I had to talk to my pcp nurse this afternoon and I missed her call. I said I just got back from swimming. She said are you out of your mind. LOL Maybe I am but it is a great stress reliever and good exercise and a great time to pray which I do all of the time. I hope this arctic blast leaves us all very soon!!!!

Ade, that is a gorgeous picture. In photography the hours right after sunrise and right before sunset are called the golden hours. Your pic explains why that is for sure. You sound very busy with a retail business and playing flute. I am a retired band director and even though clarinet was my main instrument I played a lot of flute. I took private percussion lessons as an adult when I was teaching high school for a while and I had to be able to keep up with my more advanced students. Because of my neck surgery I don't play at all anymore and my photography has sort of filled that void. Glad you are getting some grandchildren time both with Facetime and in person.

Jean, I continue to pray for Alexia's saftey and that Valentina will feel very loved by all the family that is around her now. I know it is a precious time for you to connect with her in a special way.

Angie, I pray that work is not so crazy and that you will have some time off to enjoy some R & R. Prayers for both you and your ministry. I wish Mags would post and let us know how she is doing.

Aurora, I have been praying not only for you but for your daughter as well. I can only imagine how difficult this is for her to have a new job, commuting, preparing to move and worried about her Mama. I am so sorry to hear that you had to stop the Xelota. I am praying for healing to your hands and feet and for another option in treatment for you. Hang in there dear sister. I know how awful this must be fore you.

Faith, I have been praying that you will have a rush of energy and stamina to be able to sing in your Christmas Eve service. I know how much this means to you and I am praying that IT WILL HAPPEN.

Joanne, praying for financial provision for your grand daughter and for a move of God on this court so that she can have her children back permanently.

I am finding Medicare to be a living nightmare for me so far and my new plan hasn't even begun yet. I started things in motion to hopefully have a smooth transition but it has been one surprise after another and not good surprises. I am now battling for two of my meds to be able to continue to take on a regular basis. One I just found out tonight has to be prior approved. They are working on approval for my night meds as it was quickly rejected and they are working on a second appeal which was just faxed this afternoon. I thought cancer was stressful but this transition to Medicare is quickly fighting for first place. I would appreciate your prayers that my meds be approved. I actually started in on my homework on all of this months ago and thought I was all set. Wrong!

I will be leaving for my mom's on Wed and have a very full day tomorrow so I may not have a chance to post for a few days.

I am praying for a stress free and snake free time with my mom!!!

Have a restful evening dear sisters

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited December 2016

Dear ladies, I am reading and praying for your needs and thank you so much for your prayers for me. I have another prayer request for one of our dear stage 4 MBC sisters who just found out that the Ibrance drug she is on (along with many of us) has failed to stop the cancer's progression. Many of you stage 4 sisters probably know of Zarovka, please pray for her and all of us on this drug. The average time to progression is about 22 months and it failed her after only 11 months. Others are getting much longer and that is our goal before we have to move on. This is such depressing news for so many of her MBC sisters.

Aurora, I am also so sorry that you had to stop your drug because of the HFS. Life sure isn't fair but no one ever said it would be. I believe the devil is working overtime right now because we are focusing on the birth of Christ

Hugs, Love and prayers for all.

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Faith, I am lifting you up as you feel the weight of so many things swirling around you. I am believing you will sing on the Christmas Eve service and that it will give you hope and inspiration.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Luke 2King James Version (KJV)

2 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.

20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

• auroaya
    edited December 2016

Sisters, I'm so grateful to have this venue full of prayer warriors. I must ask you to pray for my SIL she was involved in a motorcycle accident a few days ago and developed a clot in her brain. As we speak she's been operated on. She and my brother are believers and work for the Lord. They live in Mexico and the medical facilities are not the best. The surgery is said to last 7 hours. Please pray for the surgery success and for strength for my brother.

Aurora

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited December 2016

We are having a lovely day in the 70s and it just feels good on the bones. I was REALLY sick this morning with severe migraine, sinus, nausea, gut pain and bone aching weakness. Slept most of today and feel better but I pray none of YOU get whatever this is! Yesterday our pastor was setting up for the live Nativity (with real camels & goats) that we do each year in the park and he passed out. It's a mean bug!

Nancy, we know the Medicare battle first hand! When James was being tested during the latest fever bout they refused to pay ANY on an HIV test ($275). The hospital charged over $12,000 for the CT scan and Medicare paid just $1200. They got to reduce the charge by $8,000 but OUR part is based on the full amount. There's something about Medicare being in "sequester" so they are NOT PAYING their full amount!

Praying for all of you & for a blessed Christmas.

Hugs,

Ade

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2016

Please pray for my granddaughter. She got in tough and is going to turn herself in. Oh Lord, let this go smoothly according to your will. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Aurora, I have prayed for your SIL and I pray that the surgery will go well and take care of this blood clot. Praying she will heal well from this accident and surgery.

Ade, hope you are feeling much better. Yes, Medicare is a challenge. I have been on it since Aug. and have enrolled in our plan for retired teachers that starts in Jan. It is a Medicare Advantage Plan that I am paying on top of regular medicare so I hope it turns out to be worth it but so far it has been a scary and disappointing ride.

Jean, praying for Alexia.

I have been gone most of the afternoon and early evening and just now will have a chance to think about leaving tomorrow. UGH

Love

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2016

Good evening dear ladies,

I wanted to share about a wonderful video study that Clyde is leading in an at home Bible Study at his sister's house. It's called The Christmas Experience, produced by City on a Hill studios. I saw that TBN network was showing some of it this Thursday at 9 pm. It reminds me of The Nativity Story movie that aired a few years ago. Really puts Mary and Joseph's situation in perspective, and emphasizes the prophecies of His birth.

If you have the opportunity I hope you can see it. It is also available as a personal study through Christian Book Distributors.

Merry Christmas dear sisters..praying for you daily...In Christ's love, Ellen

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2016

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas; my prayers are with you.

God bless

• auroaya
    edited December 2016

Nancy thank you for praying. As it turned out she hasn't been operated. Both my SIL and my brother are Jehova Witness and as I'm sure ost of you know they don't accept blood transfusions and the local hospital don't have the equipment needed to have that kind of surgery fwithout blood. She would have to be transferred to a hospital in Mexico City the capital. Last I heard my brother was going to speak to the sub director of the hospital to be transferred.

I have conflicting thoughts and emotions regarding my SIL and brother refusing a blood transfusion in a surgery that her life hangs on the balance. But at the same time they have the right to their own religion.

All I can do is pray and I'd appreciate it if you could continue to pray as wel

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2016

Hi all,

I made it safely to my mom's tonight. I had a big scare as I was behind a few big trucks. Something hit my car really hard. It scared me to death. I think it could have been a big chunk of ice off the top of one of the trucks because at one point I thought it was raining and it was just probably water flying off the top of this truck since the temps went above freezing.

I had to make my pit stop half way to my mom's and even thought it was dark I was able to look all around my car and I am seeing no damage. It is a mystery and I feel very fortunate that this thing didn't go through the windshield. I will check the car over when it is light outside and hoping there is no damage. I did come across an accident right outside of town and was thankful I didn't end up in the middle of it. Cammie hides under the bed when she knows it is time to go and that delayed me. I know God is always looking after us and I am thankful for that. It doesn't always mean bad things don't happen to us but He always see us through those times.

Ellen, I am not sure if my mom gets TBN. I remember my Dad going in the basement to watch it and for some reason the TV in the basement could get it and not the one upstairs. My mom watches all the old reruns so I am not sure if I will be able to see it. It sounds like a good program that I would normally like to see. It sounds like a great video series.

Aurora, I am sorry to hear that they are going to have to go to another hospital. I know how hard that must be for you. I will pray that she will be able to get life saving procedures very soon.

Arcats, how are you doing?

Praying for you dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited December 2016

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear you made it safely to your mother's house. I can imagine how nervous you were when whatever it was hit your car. Those things scare me to death even when my husband is driving. God does get us through these things somehow.

I do have a wonderful prayer of thanksgiving. The young woman I told you about who had failed Ibrance,the same drug I am on, was given the wrong scan report and she has not failed on the drug after all, and is stable which is very good news. What a nightmare she has been through. This is good news for all of us on the same drug. It's really hard to trust the doctors and medical personnel sometimes.

God is good!

Praying for your needs dear sisters as I read,and thank you for your prayers also.

Have a blessed Christmas everyone.

Love and prayers, Faith (in the future)