thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited August 2017

The viewing of the eclipse was unfortunately a bust in our area but the clouds gave way to the sun AFTER the eclipse was over. I did watch on TV and it was pretty neat. I got some pictures of my flowers and my neighbor's sunflower instead. The yellow flowers are yellow begonias from different plants. The hibiscus is the weirdest and ugliest I have even had. This pic actually does looks better than it really does. It is almost an ugly gray when it opens fully. It is supposed to be a tropical hibiscus (an annual).

Hope you all had a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2017

Great flower pics, Nancy.

The eclipse was a bust out here in No. Calif., too. Overcast. Couldn't see a thing. But that was ok by me...I was at Kaiser having a PET scan the whole time during the "show."

Asking prayers. Dizziness and grey spots in vision getting worse. Also more nauseous than usual. These could all be signs of the cancer spreading to the brain. I certainly don't want to go THERE yet, so I'm trying not to get freaked out over a "future scenario that I might not have." I know it's the enemy trying to undermine my faith, but I'm already claiming victory thru our Lord and Savior. (Also prayers for the husband of a dear metastatic sister who just passed last week...she had brain mets and did the whole brain radiation deal. It didn't work - she was only 45 yo.)

Continued blessings and relief of pain and stress to you all.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

Lita, sending prayers that no brain mets are found. We will claim victory and healing through Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Also praying for the husband whose wife just died and for all the needs of our sisters here. May God have mercy and send us His peace and healing

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2017

My grandson Bob has a job interview today. Please pray. Thanks. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Thank you Lita. I am praying that you do NOT have brain mets and that these symptoms can be explained in other ways and hopefully resolved. Praying for the spouse who has lost his wife as well.

Jean, praying for Bob's interview.

As I was typing I got a call from my mom's senior agency reporting the first week of care. I had a 45 min conversation with this person. I think the first week has been a success. It started off rocky and ended up more positive. Thank you for your prayers. It has been such a relief for me and my sister and everyone involved.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited August 2017

Nancy, I am so glad to hear the positive progress report about your mom. God truly does answer prayer.

Lita, my prayers go out to you that God will provide peace from your fears and your reports will be positive.

• Lita57
    edited August 2017

Very sad news. My cancer has progressed. Brain MRI scheduled and I will be starting IV Taxol in 2 wks.

I am devastated.

God has a plan, but I can't write anymore.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2017

Lita, I'm so, so sorry to hear your news. Please know I and many others will be praying for you. May God grant you complete healing, peace and the strength you need at this terrible time. In Jesus name I pray

Gentle hugs and prayers,

Faith ( in the future).

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2017

Lita I just prayed for you. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Lita, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I pray that God will surround you with his arms of comfort and that he will breathe peace into your heart and mind. Draw as close to the Lord as you can at this time and I pray that He will speak to you.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2017

Lita, Our Heavenly Father is a miracle worker even today, as He is the same yesterday, today and forever. The little 9 year old, Nicholas, who goes to our church had an extremely aggressive brain tumor and was given a 10% chance of survival. Today - just a little over a year later - he is living a blessed, normal life! PTL!

We are praying, beseeching the Lord for a healing miracle on your behalf. Please know you are loved and lifted up to Him daily and more. He is with you, loving you always.

Sending you hugs with love,

Ade

This is Nicholas & his mom.

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2017

Lita,

Praying for peace and comfort for you. We are also praying for healing, as nothing is too big for our God!

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2017

All praise and glory to God! My grandson Bob has a job. Thanks for all your prayers. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Ade, it is good to hear from you. I remember praying for Nicholas. That is a miracle. I am glad you shared that with us. What a beautiful mom and son.

Jean, that is great news.

Angie M., how are you doing? When do you start treatments?

Hershey, how are you doing?

Aurora, the last time you posted I believe you were having more trouble. How are you doing now?

Chris, how are things going now that the remodel is done. At least one big stressor checked off hopefully.

I continue to pray for all of you and especially for you Lita.

Love

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2017

Hello Nancy et all, I've been feeling remarkable well as I'm praying for all of you to be healed. A few months ago I had a sleep study done and found I have light sleep apnea. Last week my "sleep machine" or CPAP machine came so this week I've wearing the mask to sleep. I do notice I'm sleeping better but I'm unconsciously taking it offf. When I wake up and realize I don't have it on I put it right back but I have no idea how long it was off. The kind I got is the one that only goes on my nostrils and I love the mask. The machine comes with wifi and the data is transferred to a support center they sent me an email saying the mask was leaking air and gave me options to readjust the mask to change to a mouth cover but I don't want to change I might move at night and that's why it leaks. Please pray that I adapt to this apparatus.

Lita I'm sorry about your progression but I believe you and your doctor will come up with a new treatment plan that will tame the beast back into submission. I'm praying for this in God's name.

Nancy hope you're feeling better as a whole. Will continue to pray for your mother aadjusting to her new care schedule.

Love in Christ

Aurora

• ade
    edited August 2017

Aurora, glad you're doing well and I pray you can get the C-Pap thing adjusted soon and that it will be effective. James wakes 5-6 times a night so I am wondering if a sleep study might help him. Dr. put him on a mild sedative for night temporarily to reset his sleep cycle - but it didn't work.

Nancy - are you feeling any better? Kitty behaving & Mom adjusting well by now?

Jean - Praise the Lord about your grandson's new job!

Lita - Nicholas and his mom Nicole - (a real prayer warrior!) - wanted me to tell you they're praying for you!

Tomorrow is exciting for us. The church is installing our new porch stairs - sturdy ones! When we built this house our first contractor did a "bait & switch" and we lost a great deal of our money - so James had to make us some "temporary" steps. That was 6 years ago. Now we will have safe ones! God is good!

May the Lord bless your day and may we be a blessing to Him.

Ade

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2017

Lita, I have been thinking a lot about you and praying for you. I started weekly Taxol a little over two weeks ago. Please feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions. I am here to be supportive.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2017

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited August 2017

Ade, if your DH is having trouble sleeping I would definitely recommend a sleep study. Years algo bf Mbc dx a friend who works on the field of sleep dx told me he believed I had sleep apnea. And now it's been confirmed. Don't put it off the study can be done at home or at the clinic.

Continuing to pray for both of you.

Aurora

• ade
    edited August 2017

THANK YOU Aurora! (I have been after him about this - so now I can tell him you're on my side!) :oD

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

I will check in tonight. I have been gone most of this week.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited August 2017

Thanks for all your prayers...I got thru the day with minimal brain issues. This is our fire pit. We celebrated DD's graduation and DH's 60th b'day on our new patio this afternoon/evening. It was a wonderful distraction and helped me not think about my brain mets for a while.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2017

Lita, Please know I and many others in my prayer circle will be praying for you. May God grant you complete healing, peace and the strength you need. I live in the area so please let me know if I can be of any suppport.

Love across the miles.

Angie

• Lita57
    edited August 2017

Ladyb, thank you.

They did a laying on of hands at our church service yesterday. I'm still clinging to Christ so I won't freak out too much.

Waiting is always the worst. Once they have a concrete Dx and a manageable treatment plan in place, I'm sure I'll feel better.

But this is hard.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Ade, that is awesome that your church has helped with front porch steps. That blesses me to see a community come together to help those in need. Still praying for both of you. Praying for those in Havey's path. The news coming in has been awful. I pray that you are okay.

G, I pray that you are safe as well.

Lita, praying for peace in the midst of the storm.

Aurora, I am glad you are feeling much better and I pray that they can figure out what is leaking with your device.

I finally get to resume my swimming. The pool has been closed the last two weeks for maintenance so hopefully I can start feeling my old self soon.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• GrammySher
    GrammySher Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017

Just found this forum! I am 68 years old and was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer last Oct. I have been through the AC/T chemo, had mastectomy in May, and radiation this summer. I had 2 tumors, one was 8x2x3 in size. A big one! But because it was not in my lymph nodes, I was put at stage 2. Interestingly, the pathology report after the mastectomy showed that there were still live cells, but they were HER2 and ER positive. It could have been there all along, but the biopsies didn't hit that spot or the cancer changed. (I didn't know it could do that!) So now I'm taking Herceptin infusions every 3 weeks and will start on an oral estrogen blocker soon. I've had four Herceptin infusions and had done well. However, now I'm starting to feel yucky. I'm very weak and have leg cramps frequently.

Anyone else having these problems with Herceptin?

I'm seeing my oncologist Thursday and will ask him about this as well as a new problem. I have had this streak on my thumbnail for probably a couple of years. I lost my nail last summer when I got it smashed between 2 rocks and was hoping it would go away with the new nail. But it didn't. I wasn't worried about it until I saw one of those posts that come up on Facebook. It was about a gal who went to get her nails done and when they saw it, they told her to get it checked out. Subungual melanoma.

Has anyone else heard of this???

Now a note of encouragement - I read an article by John Piper called "Don't waste your cancer" (which is also a book). So good! Look it up; it's worth the read for Christian cancer patients. I'm so glad that the Lord was already showing me this. My desire after diagnosis was that I would only display God's peace through this. And I have had such peace....and joy!

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Welcome to our Christian thread, GrammySher. I am glad you found us but sorry for the circumstances in which we all meet here. Everyone's cancer situation is unique to them .I do think it is possible to have two different types of cancerous tumors but I am by no means an expert. Your MO is the person to ask about this situation. As far as the nail I have not heard of that type of melanoma. I would definitely have your MO look at it and get his/her opinion.

We have one lady that posts here that has been through Herceptin infusions. I will let her weigh in on that. There are many other threads that could address this as well. If you type in the search section you will probably find many ladies that are Her2 positive that might help.

Your peace and joy is a testament to God's power. Praise God. It sounds like you have been through the worst as far as treatments. I do hope it gets easier for you. Feel free to post any time.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2017

Hi Grammysher. I am the lady who had herceptin and perjeta infusions. Perjeta is a newer drug and increases chances of success a lot. You should ask your chemo doc about it. I had very few side effects from these drugs compared to the chemo. I was tired and had some toe cramps but since they continued after the infusions stopped I dont think they're from the herceptin and perjeta. These are miracle drugs for Her2+. Whatever the side effects, it is a whole lot better than a cancer reoccurrence in my humble opinion. I would certainly bring this up with your doctor though. It is the chemo doc's job to get you through the standard of care treatment. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2017

Praying for you dear ladies of faith.

Love,

Nancy