thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2017

GrammySher - welcome! We're happy to meet you and add you to our prayers.

Nancy - so glad you're swimming again! Hopefully feeling better too.

Lost my internet for 24 hours - amazing how quiet the house is without Roku TV. Had to go up to the church to do my shipments for my online store. Repairman was due tomorrow but a Brother in the Lord FIXED IT!!! The Lord is so good to His children.

Love you Lita!

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited August 2017

GrammySher, welcome to this forum. I will add you to my prayer list that they will get your treatment all sorted out.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited September 2017

Good morning dear sisters. I have been out of town the last two days taking many, many pictures. I am doing better. My doctor changed my thyroid dose and hopefully I will do better each day.

I have had some adventures the last two days. One day I took the wrong path in the woods and had a much loooonger walk than planned. I have never seen a water lily up close and in bloom and God gave me a gift of a whole lake of water lilies and yesterday I got to see many different colored ones as I visited the butterfly house at the Chicago Botanic Garden and walked in the garden briefly afterwards. Waiting on the Lord to see what my next photography project will be.

Praying for you dear ladies. As it has turned out one of our countries worst natural disasters has turned into a uniting of our country to help out the flood victims of Harvey. It reminds me that Romans 8:28 still works no matter how bad a situation may be.

Have a great day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited September 2017

Prayers as I go off to my brain MRI this afternoon.

It would have to be the hottest day of the year...triple digits everywhere, and I'll be stuck in the tube for at least 30 mins.

Reading Sarah Young's Jesus Always to keep me calm and listening to a little Jazz to clear my head (wish it would also clear out all the brain mets, but oh well....)

Lita

• Lita57
    edited September 2017

I will be signing off soon...literally.

Got the mri results...worse than I ever could have possibly thought. My family is devatated, but I am surprisingly calm and at peace.

Over 20 LARGE brain mets. Some bleeding, too. The dr is absolutely shocked that I am still here under the circumstances. I said it's not me...we all know WHO it is.

I am signing up for hospice on Tuesday, after consulting with MO. Gees, i thought I would have at least another year or two left, but our Lord wants me now. Sheesh, and I'm only in my 50s.

It's been nice knowing you all. Ive given my dh my contact and pword so he can let you all know when I transition.

Mo says I only have weeks left.

Please pray that I go VERY quickly and that my family doesnt have to watch me suffer too much.

Happy trails...

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2017

Lita,

Praying for your continued peace...and for peace and reassurance for your family. We will meet you in Heaven one day...May God give you the desires of your heart in the time He has planned for you.

Love, Ellen

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited September 2017

Lita, I read your post in the bones thread but I wanted to respond here where I can be more direct as far as God's will. It's amazing how hHe has kept you and all of us alive so far, hospice should help with pain, prayers should help with everything. Dear Lita the Lord will be with you every step of the way in your transition. You will be missed, I will miss you, but it'll be great when we meet in heaven and get to know each other, when all the why's will have an answer, where there will be no more sorrow no more pain no more tears. I totally understand you won't be posting since your time is precious and to be spend with those near you. God bless you Lita.

Aurora

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited September 2017

Dear Lita,

I'm so sorry for your news. I can't imagine how devastated your family is but I understand your peace. My dear friend Rosemary felt the same way. I pray for an easy and pain free death for you and comfort for your family. I've always felt it wasn't death I was afraid of but the dying. May yours be easy! God bless you and comfort you and be with you in these last days. You and your family are in my prayers everyday. We will see you in heaven.

Love and prayers, Faith.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited September 2017

Dearest Lita, I am sorry to hear your news. I will pray God covers you with His wings and provides peace to you and your family. Thank you for your bravery that demonstrates abiding faith. You will be missed.

Chris

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2017

Lita, I am praying for God to meet every need for you and your family. Looking forward to meeting you in the other side of the river. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

Dear Lita,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I am so glad that you are feeling peace and calm. I pray for a quick transition and that you will be comfortable. I lift you and your family and I pray that God in His mercy will envelope all of you in His peace, comfort and love. You have been a fighter and I know you were hoping for more time here but you will be with Jesus and will have no more pain but only unspeakable joy in His presence. Thank you for making arrangements so we can know what is happening. Peace and love to you dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited September 2017

Lita, may our Heavenly Father bless you and your family and walk with you every step of your transition. Your courage is inspiring, and I will miss your presence. You are in my prayers.

• ade
    edited September 2017

Oh Lita, we will miss you! But in the twinkling of an eye we will be with you and our loved ones in Christ gone on before. May Jesus take you gently in His arms to your new home with Him forever, and may He comfort those left behind with His love and wonderful memories of blessed times. You have our prayers now - and our thoughts always. I am so blessed to know you and we will have eternity with the Lord.

Psalm 116:15

15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints

Psalm 117:15

And I - in righteousness I will see your face: when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness.

I love you, Sister.

Ade

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2017

here is a consolidate thread created for Lita. Please don't be dissuaded by the stage 4 forum. All are welcome.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

Thank you Stefajoy.

• auroaya
    edited September 2017

Hello everyone I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. To be honest I am feeling a little bit anxious because on Thursday I got a call from my cancer center letting me know that the foundation that had been paying the 20% that Medicare does not pay of my chemotherapy has ran out of funds and I'm being redirected to the local general hospital for my infusions. The thing is I was supposed to get my infusion on Friday and now I have to wait until the doctor sends the orders to the hospital and the hospital calls me with an appointment. I'm frustrated the manager did not call me with more time ahead of my infusion so it could be scheduled at the hospital on time. Arrg . I am anxious that the cancer will grow because of the delay. Please pray.

Thank you

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

Aurora, I am praying that this transition will happen ASAP and that you will have no negative consequences in the delay. So sorry to hear of this situation. I can only imagine how frustrating and scary that is for you. I pray that God will give you supernatural peace as you wait on the system.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited September 2017

Aurora, I'm also praying for you that the change happens quickly and that there is no progression while you wait. I feel that you will be okay if the delay is not too long and that's what I will pray for. I know many women here on the boards who have delays for illness not related to cancer and they do okay so try to rest easy and not worry too much.

Praying for everyone here,

Faith

• auroaya
    edited September 2017

i took the proactive approach and called the oncologist office earlier today to confirm the transfer to the hospital. While on the phone with them the hospital called and set the appointment for Thursday at 10 am God willing. I say God willing specially because I'm on west Florida and hurricane Irma is heading this way. Please pray that I can get in th infusion room before things get hectic better yet pray for the hurricane to change courses. Pray for the Caribbean islands getting hit by it eight now.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

I am praying for you dear sisters. Our feelings can change like a roller coaster but God never changes and our faith is not based on feelings but on God's word and what He says. He says he will never leave or forsake us. His word says I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Stand on those promises and those "feelings" can be sent away and replaced by God's grace and mercy. God is our portion for this hour, for this day and forever.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited September 2017

Aurora - Praying for the hurricane to turn back out to sea, for safety for those in its path right now, and that your treatment will happen as scheduled. May the Lord grant you peace.

Hugs,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

Aurora, I must have missed your post this morning. When I saw the weather report tonight you were the first person that came to my mind wondering if you were in the area of the path of Irma. Praying that you will be able to have your infusion on Thursday and praying that the hurricane will miraculously change course and to back out to sea without damage. I am glad you made that call. It never hurts to be proactive. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited September 2017

Lita, not sure you are still checking in but I am sorry to hear your news. I know our Lord is covering and keeping you during this time. I am so glad he has given you peace. I pray for strength for you and your family during this time. Thank you for your continued honesty, straightforwardness and most of all your steadfast faith and live as you abided under the covering of our Abba Father.

Our ministry'sintercessory prayer group has you and your family covered in prayer. May God provide his strength during this times and ensure this time is quality time with your loved ones. You will be missed.

Love Across the miles,

Angie

• Lita57
    edited September 2017

Yes, I'm still checking these threads while I can still read and type. Of course, that may change very quickly as I continue with rads Tx. Many women suffer a good deal of neurological dysfunction, and can no longer read, write, follow a plot line from a TV show, or even string two reasonable sentences together after a couple of weeks of radiation. And the damage is cumulative as the radiation keeps killing good cells too for weeks after the treatments have supposedly ended.

I sincerely request these prayers, if it be God's Will:

1. That whatever treatment the drs design, is in His will.

2. If it BE His will, that it will work WITHOUT causing too much brain damage.

3. That my family and I can continue to be strong during these Tx's and very difficult time for us.

4. When there's nothing more for me, that I can accept His will and quickly return to His loving embrace in Heaven.

In the Name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirt, Amen, Amen.

As you all can imagine, these last 4 days have been brutal. It's all finally beginning to sink in. Oh, and please pray that I can get some sleep. The steroids are driving me crazy! We all need our sleep. The dr is now going to call in some sleep meds. Oh, I HATE taking all this stuff, but I guess it's for the greater good. Sadly, I will definitely have to take more steroids once the rads kick in. I hope they can offer SOME relief and even if we can keep things stable for a few months, I'd be ok with that. But all that, or course, is in God's hands. He may want me to come home sooner.

Thanks again for all your prayers and loving support.

Lita

• faith-840
    edited September 2017

Lita, may the God of all healing grace grant your requests. I claim healing for you from our Almighty and powerful God. Your courage and strength continue to amaze me and all who know you. Know that you are in my constant prayers. You are an Inspiration to all of us.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• auroaya
    edited September 2017

Lita I second what Faith said. May God grant your requests and give you peace and healing. We all will be there with you in Spirit. I'm praying for you and your family. May God give you all strength.

In the name of Jesus, Amen

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

Lita, words seem to fall flat. My heart aches for you and your family as you go through this most difficult time of decision making and seeking the Lord. I have posted this banner for you because His words to you will mean much more than I can say to you. I pray that He will reveal Himself to you in a very mighty way. I pray that you will know what to do after seeking His face and that you will have peace in whatever decision that will be. We are all praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited September 2017

Lita, SO good to hear from you! Our church is praying for you too. May HIS PERFECT will be done, as you said. That's the BEST we can EVER pray for anyone. He has you in His loving arms all the way and as you know, we're all here lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer. The fervant effectual prayer of the righteous (in Christ) man (woman) availeth much.

Aurora, are you getting to have your treatment? Praying for all the folks in FL. May God keep you safe.

Blessings upon your day, Sisters!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2017

As the personal storms of our lives hit and as hurricane Irma is on path for Florida we pray protection over those in the path of this storm. We pray for refuge for those going through their personal crisis. Lord surround all of us with your love and protection.

Aurora, I am praying that you will have your infusion today and praying this storm will take an unexpected turn back to sea and dissipate. We pray for all the victims of Harvey and now from Irma. It is a lot to take in having this much disaster back to back. We do not know the whys of it all but we do know that God is going to be the one source we can turn to in these troubled times.

Love,

Nancy