thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

Intolight.. I am aging fast these days as well..soon it will be my grandmother whom I see in the mirror lol!Shocked

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited November 2017

I’m aging daily especially after BC, what Can I do? Nothing!!! Will try to take care my outside after my chemo. Hopefully by then I have some energy.

Nancy thank you for sharing, Amen.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited November 2017

I guess my faux pas set off a sore subjectShocked. Sorry.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Mags,

Teka was good enough to let me know about your DH. I am SO sorry to hear about this. You have continued to be in my thoughts and prayers and I thought things were going very well. I am so sorry that you are left trying to figure things out with passwords etc. I pray that God will lead you to people who can help you navigate through this awful time. Prayers for comfort for you and your family.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2017

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2017

Mags, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Praying for you. Love, Jean

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2017

Need prayers, ladies.

Growing brain mets are making me lose my sight. Hard to read and type now. Dizzy, head throbs.

Losing my will to fight. That's not good. No appetite, sooooo fatigued. No energy. I'm ready to go home to the Lord any time now.

L

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2017

Lita, surrounding you in prayers for peace. Rest in God's love for He cares for you. Know you are loved by many.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2017

Lita, you are in my prayers every day. Praying our Dear Lord surrounds you with His loving arms and gives you the peace and freedom from pain that you need.

Faith

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2017

Lita, I pray that our loving God fills you with comfort and peace. You and your family continue to be in my daily prayers.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Lita, you’re in my daily prayers, God will comfort you and give you peace and ease off your pains.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

I have been gone all night to a Matthew West and Jordan Felice concert at my church. I am catching up on the threads.

Lita, I pray that the Lord prepares you with enormous peace and comfort as he readies you to go home with Him. One of my dear friends that was in this place of transition told me she was so overcome with gratitude for her life. I knew God was actively preparing her for the next life. I know He will do that for you. I pray that you can pass peacefully and with physical comfort and emotional and spiritual comfort. That you can simply rest in His arms and give up the fight and let go. You have a made an impact on all of us. Your courage and your will to live has been amazing. I pray for comfort for your family and I know God had a reason for allowing you more time here on this earth. You will get to see Jesus before many of us. It is going to be an unbelievable time for you. Take care dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Hershey, I LOVE that banner.

Paulette, I love the colors and the message on that banner. Philippians is one of Lita's favorite books she has mentioned in the past. Good choice.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Nancy,

I didn’t know Philippians is one of a lita’s favorite books, it was God will I saw that on “the word for you today” and I felt I worry too much always forget give my problems to God.

Good night all the pink sisters,

Paulette

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Dear ladies,

There is so much going on and so many needs. For those of you who have been around for several years and know Mags I know she would appreciate your prayers. The funeral for her DH is Friday and I know how special she was to so many ladies on BCO. She is having some difficulty with her eyes so I doubt that she will post here but maybe she will have time to read when thing calm down. I know some of you only read and pray and I hope you see this post for her. Our bold type doesn't seem to work anymore which was a help in drawing attention to names.

Praying for you dear sisters and Lita I hope you feel all the love and support from these dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

Lita,

I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your sight..I pray that Jesus helps you find a way to have a peace and comfort through your days..May you be carried in his loving embrace and have the love and support of your loved ones as you journey on.

~In Jesus' precious name~

Amen

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited November 2017

Dear sisters, thank you for your prayers. Seems the prayers of my friends have been the duct tape that has held me together these past few weeks. The Lord is near to the broken hearted

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited November 2017

I hope Lita is peaceful and surrounded by loving family.

Aurora

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2017

Mags our thoughts are with you and we pray the Lord Himself will wrap His loving arms around you and give you comfort and strength in this hard time. The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man (woman) who trusts in Him. Ps.32:10

Lita we lift you up to the Lord, that He may gently enfold you with His peace, that His great love for you will carry you Home to be with Him forever. What a blessing that you are His. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. Ps.116:15 You are loved.

Ade

• auroaya
    edited November 2017

Same thing for Mags may the Lord give you peace and strength.

Aurora

• auroaya
    edited November 2017

Nancy or other computer savvy people: how do I copy the thread so a person can click on the link and be brought to our thread? I have one of our sisters who wants to join us but I don’t know thE easiest way to bring her in. Please help.

Aurora

• auroaya
    edited November 2017

Good idea Teka I’ll do that!

Aurora

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Truly I’m sad to see what’s going on, all I can do is pray for the lose,

Dear Father, please please give comfort Lita and Meg, take away Lita pains and give her strength for each day.

In Jesus name, Amen. 🙏🙏🙏

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Mags, we all love you and are praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

Aurora, let me see what I can come up with. I know that it is much harder to find our thread than it used to be. I'll get back to you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Aurora,

Here is a way to get to this thread but it will take a few steps.

If you friend wants to become a member (no charge) she can do that and then scroll down the page and save our thread in her favorite topics. Then she can go into email settings and be notified when someone has posted. That is optional.

Okay. Here are the directions for her first time in.

Type in breastcancer.org into her browser and press enter

The next screen she will see a menu of things at the top. Go to the Get Involved menu and click on community.

On the left side of the screen click on search.

Type in Middle aged Christian Women.

She should see the latest posts and should click on where it says Thread for Middle Aged to Older Christian Women

That should bring her to the current posts on our thread.

If she chooses to become a member she can do all of the above and then click at the bottom of the screen where it says save to my favorite topics. Then once she gets set up she can simply log on and go to her favorite topics and go from there.

I know. A lot of steps that we all had to do before getting on the thread. I remember finding the thread in the middle of the night initially and then I had trouble finding it again.

Anyway this should work. (Hopefully)

I am sure there are other ways but this will get her to here.

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2017

Here is the link to the first page of this forum:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/104/topic...

In the light blue box under the forum name, click Add to My Favorite Topics.

In the left-hand navy blue frame, click My Favorite Topics. The forum should display in the list.

Hope this is helpful.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Hershey, when I click on that link it says this page doesn't exist. Not sure if that is the case where it may work for some and not others.