thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

Thank you Aurora, I will remember that.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited October 2017

As we encourage each other on this thread we are living examples of this verse below. As a wise teacher always used to tell us............. always do the next right thing and you can't go wrong.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited October 2017

Wonderful pix, Nancy! Praying you are feeling better now after your injections.

BJquilter - I'm your distant neighbor down in Alpine (Big Bend territory)! God bless Texas!

We're not doing so hot here. James is in pretty bad pain. His cardiologists & entomologists INSISTED he take those statin drugs when he TOLD them he can't tolerate them. Now all his muscles are hurting badly. (I KNEW this would happen!- grrr) He did stop them. We haven't heard a word about the injection drug process so at my nagging he called the cardio nurse and she seems to have dropped the ball. She SAYS she will make a call to them then call us tomorrow with an update. (We shall see!) He applied to Medicare part D for drugs but has not heard from THEM either. If it is just part D (assuming he gets that) it can still run upwards of $500+ per month! With all of the insurance costs we've incurred - not to mention my 2-day hospital stay & his 2 heart attacks & care flight - it is a no-can-do. Our pension is not doing the cost of living increases they SAID we would get so it is getting a bit serious now. But our God shall supply all or needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Amen?

We both missed church today (rare!). I hurt at every joint, felt feverish, had a screaming sinus headache, ear ache & swollen gland with my constant drop dead fatigue. Sorry - NOT meaning to complain - that's just the way it is around here. But we have a gorgeous blue sky, cool day, my 'deer' friends came by for corn and we're still praising our Lord for His goodness.

Praying for you all,

Ade

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Nancy,

Great script, yes He loves us and we love him.

Prayers for all the pink sisters, Dear God many of us going though so much emotional pains please give us strength to be strong and take away our pains.

In Jesus name, Amen.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited October 2017

Headaches, balance and vision problems are back. Was told that brain radiation would only buy me a couple of months. They can't radiate again. Putting it in the Lord's hands. Gonna call and see if they can move my next brain MRI up. Of course, if it's bad, I'll be going on hospice sooner than I thought as there's not much more they can do when I have more than 20 brain mets.

L

• ade
    edited October 2017

Something I feel led to add....Sometimes when we feel ill and things in life look sort of look bleak, it is hard to sense the Lord's Presence. Then He loves us through a kind, thoughtful sister who brings you food from the church potluck, the Pastor who drops by on an "errand" but also to see how you're doing, the phone calls of children who love you and are concerned, and of course the prayers of the saints at church. I encourage you to see the gift of God's lovingkindness given through His people for you. He is not far from you at all, but as near as those who show His love to you. Be blessed my sisters God IS love.

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Lita,

You’re on my prayers ... 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2017

Praying Lita. ..Love, Jean

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited October 2017

Lita, you are in my daily prayers always.

Gentle hugs and love, Faith

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited October 2017

Lita, I am praying for peace for you, and that God will wrap you in His care. You are greatly loved here.

Are, I am praying God moves mountains and provides all of the resources you and your DH need for today, tomorrow, and many more days to come.

Blessings on restful sleep for us all tonight

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2017

This is the first chance I've had to post..I will read and catch up with everyone soon..

My PET scan last Tuesday resulted in a MET in my right Ax node 3 cm..and a suspect mass on the T1-T2 vertebrae..though that was indeterminate.(Hoping just arthritis).

We (hubby, two adult daughters, and granddaughter) went to the MO Thursday thinking to just get scan result, but I actually had my first chemo that day! One day after getting the port placed..One good thing that came from it was that my 12 yr old granddaughter got to see how I get the chemo which (I believe) removed much of the fear and mystery from it all for her when she seen that it didn't hurt me.

So the plan is now to treat with the chemo first, scan to see if it is effective, then start the Herceptin/Perjeta and rads to the node and also where the original tumor showed up near the scapula.

This is my first time with the A/C regimen.

My MO does not believe we will need to use taxol this time,which is a relief.

Friday (the day after chemo) my daughter went with me to get a haircut and buy a new wig. We did a few other girl things and had a pretty nice day.

I was planning to use this week to get some stuff done and organized to prepare for chemo..well, so much for that plan. Shocked

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2017

My heartfelt prayers for everyone beginning treatment or in active treatment. I pray our Heavenly Father wraps His loving arms of comfort, peace and rest around His children. God prevails.

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Dear God,

I am praying for all the pink sisters and asking for God to heal us and take away our pains.

In Jesus name, Amen.

• ade
    edited October 2017

Lita & NeverForsaken ~*~ praying for miracles.

May the Lord hold you all in His loving arms and grant you peace and courage and faith.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Good evening dear sisters,

There are many serious needs expressed and I have been praying for them.

Ade, I am so sorry that this person dropped the ball and possibly added to James suffering. I can imagine the enormous weight of the financial aspect and of course the weight of watching James go through this as you yourself are not feeling great. The Lord does show up in unexpected ways and I do pray that you continue to see those small miracles as evidence that He does love you and is concerned for what you and James are going through. I love your sweet deer pic.

Lita, I know you saw these last few weeks as a gift from God when you thought the end was near. I know you have squeezed every ounce of life into each of those precious days. I pray that God will give you peace in the unknown and that He will get all the glory in your life. I do pray that He would allow you more time here but I know it is all in His hands. Daily prayers for you.

Faith, praying you are feeling much better and caught up on your rest and that you will get a good result from your PET scan.

Chris, are you home from your trip now? I hope you enjoyed being with family and are feeling good.

Lisa, I pray that your new treatment which has started before you knew it was going to will do it's intended work and that you will be able to manage the side effects. I am glad that your granddaughter got to see you get your chemo and I pray that she will not be fearful as she may have been before. I pray that now you have a plan in place that you will be more at peace as you go through your treatments. The not knowing what the plan is can be really unnerving.

Hershey, are you getting close to the end of your treatments now? How are you doing?

Paulette, praying as you go through your treatments. Praying God will surround you with His peace and that you will see His plan for your life.

This verse has gotten me through many bumps in the road since my bc dx. I pray that this will be helpful to many of you dear ladies that are going through so much.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

thank you Nancy,

Heavenly Father I pray God give us peace and strength so we can fight this battle. Praying for miracles for Lita, Never and Debbie.

In Jesus name Amen. 🙏🙏🙏

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

Thank you, Nancy..That was the scripture I have held onto since the day I found out it was back.

I will save the image and place it where I can see it..Thank you~ And yes, I have more peace now.

Lita..I am praying that our Lord provides you with a green pasture now..a place of comfort and rest in him..and I pray that you will undergo that MRI and find more time. In Jesus' name~Amen~

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Something to put a smile on your face.

https://www.wimp.com/90-year-old-couple-play-an-im...

• faith-840
    edited October 2017

Thank you all for your prayers, please keep them coming. I have some results from my PET scan and a dexa scan. There are a couple of areas of concern showing in the PET but my MO is not totally convinced it's the cancer and my dexa shows osteoporosis so I will probably be starting Prolia. I will know more after my visit with him on Friday. I will probably have a couple of more tests to find out more so prayers are most welcome. I keep telling myself to trust in Jesus but my anxiety is getting the best of me especially since I haven't felt very good lately. I'm thinking some is the side effects of the AI I'm on but I don't think stopping that is an option and I'm not sure changing it will even help. Guess I have to wait for more answers.

Faith (in the future).

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

Praying for your results to be not cancer, Faith..The waiting is the worst.

These times truly are what that poem "Footprints in the Sand" means when it says He carries us.

• intolight
    edited October 2017

Faith, we all understand your anxiety and are praying your results defy your symptoms, and for peace while you wait your results.

I am back from my trip to visit my kids. We beat the storms in New York by one week, and enjoyed good weather while we were there. We then buried ourselves in my grandsons in Missouri. The flights were uneventful even though we landed at the furthest gate possible every time. I stayed well--just a little mouth sore. I am exhausted with all of the extra errands I had to do today after getting home very late last night, on top of travel fatigue. I am nervous about some additional arm pain but see my MO in 2 weeks so I will wait. I am pretty sure she will schedule a scan. We tried to go 6 months inbetween scans this time. I am on cycle 19 of 125mg Ibrance, but my labs done today so far still look ok. So I press on. I struggled a bit emotionally when I realized there was so much I couldn't do with my grandkids, but I am thankful I still I got to go. I could only hold my baby grandson (22 lbs at 11 months) for a minute before I had to put him down, and I tried but it was hard to crawl on the floor with him...

I don't have pictures of the baby dedication yet, but here is a picture of my son and his family. These sweet boys keep me smiling and fighting.

• faith-840
    edited October 2017

Never and Into, thank you both for your prayers. Yes, waiting is the worst. Into, your family and those grandsons are beautiful..This is why we fight.

When, I went to Italy, someone suggested I ask for wheelchair chair help. I did and we were so grateful as some of the walks were very long but the best part was, we didn't have to try to navigate a strange airport. Even DH was glad for the guidance.

Faith.

• intolight
    edited October 2017

Faith, yes, I have learned to embrace wheelchairs in the airports. The flights are exhausting enough, and you are right, my DH appreciated the guidance also. We had 5 flights this trip, and the wheelchairs were helpful every time. I find the wheelchair "pushers" are friendly and kind, and everyone is helpful. It helped make the airplane experience far better than it would have been.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2017

IntoLight, I pray that your arm pain resolves quickly.

Faith, I pray that the results of the PET scan are negative and you receive good news from your MO this Friday.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Faith, I am sorry to hear that you don't have any definitive results yet. I know having to take another drug for another issue is the last thing you wanted to hear as well. I will continue to pray for you as you wait to find out more news. I know for myself the AI does cause me issues but I have come to the same conclusion that for me quitting it is not an option and I don't see the point in changing either as I think the SE's for all of them are not pleasant.

Chris, I am glad you made it safely home. You have a beautiful family. Your grandsons are adorable and you look good. You would never know that you have been across country and managed all those airports. I am happy for you that you got to visit family.

Have a safe evening everyone.

Love

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Faith - will pray for you and God will look after us. Yes waiting can be so stressful. 🙏🙏🙏

Chris - welcome home, I’m the new person on this thread.

• intolight
    edited November 2017

Nancy, that is my beautiful Daughter-in-law. I look like my grandmother SillyHeart

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Chris, I thought you looked younger than I had thought you were. All I can say to me is DUH!!! YOU still look beautiful!

I have been praying for all of you and I know it is such a hard time for so many. Hang on to this chapter. It is full of truth and comfort if you let it wash over your soul.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 27King James Version (KJV)

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lordis the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

• NeverForsaken
    edited November 2017

Thank you for the encouraging words of our Lord once again, Nancy.

Intolight: I see my mother when I look in the mirror!

It is so lovely to meet you.

• intolight
    edited November 2017

NeverForsaken, I am adopted so unfortunately I do not know what my mother or grandmother looks like. But I do know I have aged at least 10 years in my looks since my dx 18 months ago. I was just attempting a little humor!