thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2017

I'm using the Chrome browser. Perhaps another browser (IE, Firefox, etc.) will open the link for folks. I hope so anyway...

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,873
    edited November 2017

I use Chrome as well. UMMM? I pasted it into my browser and that didn't work either. Technology.......it's great when it works and SickTiredwhen it doesn't.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited November 2017

Hershey sorry to make you work so hard that’s exactly what I need I need to paste that link to my friends thread how do I create such a link?

Aurora

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2017

Hi Aurora,

Right click on the link and select Copy link address.

Place your cursor where you want to link to be displayed, right click, and select Paste.

Hope this works for you! :)

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2017

Aurora, there is another way to insert a link. On the tool bar at the top of the box where you type, fourth from the right, is a link icon. Click on it. Then click on "insert link." Then paste the link in the URL box where it says insert URL. Below it says text where you can write in what it is if you just want there to be words instead of the URL (Ibrance thread, etc.) Here is the link to this page so you can see what it looks like. This usually works.

Ibrance thread

Chris

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2017

Lita and Mags, you are both in my prayers daily. Mags , I can't imagine how you are dealing with the death of your DH while also battling BC. Life really is not fair. We know and believe that God hears all our prayers but oh, sometimes it's so hard to deal with everything.

There is so much tragedy today with the New York terror attack and now the church shooting in Texas. We have to really wonder where this will all end. There are so many things to pray for in our world but I need to ask for a few prayers also. I'm having a sigmoidoscopy on Tuesday and a CT scan of my lung on Thursday and I could use a few prayers for good results and for my anxiety to resolve. I just can't stop thinking that they might find something. I really hate the prep for the Tuesday test and I just hope it's all okay.

Thanks everyone for being here so that I can express my fears and ask for help.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2017

Faith, praying fervently for you.

There is no end to the "delights" of this disease. Things can change in an instant. We have to put our trust and faith in our Lord, as difficult as that can be at times.

I also have scans coming up. It's HARD to stay sane during these times. I pray for your peace...and mine as well. I can feel things changing in my body, and it scares me.

We human beings want to be in some sort of control, but ultimately, we have NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER. It's all in God's hands. The moment we were conceived, He knew the number of our days, and He knows what will happen to us. If it helps, light a candle. I find that lighting a candle and bringing all my pain and concerns to the "light" does help. I give it over to the Lord, and for a few minutes, the burden is a little easier to bear.

I thank you all for praying for me. I can feel your prayers and it DOES bring me comfort, and it will continue to do so on these long, dark, cold nights as daylight savings time has come to an end.

L

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Faith, praying for your upcoming tests. Praying your prep goes well and that you will get normal results from both of your tests. Praying for peace and against fear and anxiety as you go into the tests and for the waiting of results afterwards.

Lita, you are right. When we can come to the realization that God is in complete control and we are not it does make that tension and struggle a bit easier. I think that is probably our most challenging part of being human is giving up that control that we want and saying Lord I surrender all. You know we are all praying for you and your family as you go through this most difficult of times.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited November 2017

Heavenly Father, please take away the pains from all the pink sistersand please give us strength to deal with our SE. Dear God, please give Lita the peace and comfort she needs each days.

In Jesus name , Amen, 🙏🙏🙏

• hersheykiss
    edited November 2017

Mags, I wish we were not meeting each other under such sad circumstances. I pray that our Lord will be close by your side, every step of the way. He knows you, and He loves you. In Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

As our world seems to be coming unhinged with repeated acts of violence and natural disasters and as many of you are living out personal storms in your own lives it is easy to throw up our hands and say what is the point in all of this. Just remember that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy and our minds are the first target in that effort. Stand firm and know that your HOPE is in the Lord and he will never leave you alone in your storms. EVER!!!!!! Hang on to Jesus. Run to Jesus. He will not let you go.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited November 2017

Lita, thank you so much for your prayers, it means so much to me. Knowing what you are going through and still reaching out to others makes you my hero in this fight we are all in together. I have followed your journey and wondered so many times where you find the strength. Of course it comes from Jesus and in my heart I believe that, but as Nancy says, the devil comes to steal our minds and it's really hard to fight that. I will continue praying for better news from your upcoming scans. Maybe the things you are feeling is healing, but if not, prayers will be storming the heavens for you for freedom from pain and peace in these terrible days.

Nancy, once again thank you for your prayers. I know I can count on you to always pray for me and that brings such comfort. You always seem to have the right words and prayers for each of us.

I also thank everyone for your comforting prayers and will continue to pray for all your needs.

Love and prayers,

Faith.

• Chips530
    Chips530 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2017

Hi,ladies,Thanks to Aurora,& you all,I got the link to this site. I was diagnoised with bc in Sept.this year,Lumpectomy Oct.18, & now facing re-excision tomorrow. I have found much comfort & knowledge from breastcancer.org.I am so glad to find this group that shares with me the love of our savior & the power of our God.

I am 66, a retired Substance Abuse Counselor ,only child ,divorced, & have no children.Through the ups & downs of life,I have learned how important it is to have caring friends.

Thank you all for letting me join ......Dianne

• intolight
    edited November 2017

Dianne, I am sorry you have to be on this site, but wanted to welcome you. Know you are supported with prayers and caring. No question is too small or silly, so ask away! We look forward to hearing more from you.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Welcome Dianne, I am glad you found our site and I hope you will feel welcome to jump right in. We are never happy to see people here but we are happy that you found women of like mind dealing with this disease. We have five things in common. We are both 66, have no children, have bc and my middle name is Dianne spelled like yours and we both have faith in God. Actually if we add left side and stage 1A then we have seven things in common. Any friend of Aurora's is a friend of ours!

Thanks to Hershey and Chris I did find a way to paste that link finally. My usual control V and Control C didn't work but copying the link and pasting did so thank you. I will try to remember that if the subject comes up again. I had to find another way but in computers there are usually many ways to do the same thing.

Faith, praying for your prep and procedure for tomorrow. When Jesus was tempted by the enemy for 40 days in the desert he quoted scripture as a weapon. One good one is" No weapon formed against us shall prosper." The enemy hates praise so I use that as a weapon as well and quote as many Bible verses as I can at him and I do it out loud. Here is the chapter that deals with this topic specifically. I hope this helps.

Love,

Nancy

Ephesians 6:10-18New International Version (NIV)

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Lita, here are some pics just for you. I know you have mentioned tuberous begonias being your favorite. We have had frosts that have killed most flowers but my begonias even though they aren't looking as pretty as they did just a few weeks ago they are still blooming. Here are some pics for you.

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

Tonight I was at a candlelit vigil for the son of one of my oldest and dearest friends from church.

He and his wife were among the killed in the texas church yesterday..They were both from our little town.

I cannot imagine her pain..but one thing I do know about her is she is one of the strongest women of faith I have ever known, and she will get through this with the Lord's help.

It's so heartbreaking.
    We sang 'God Bless America' through tears tonight.

God, love, & family will prevail over all the evil of this world.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

To all the pink sisters.....

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2017

thank you for the flowers, Nancy.

We continue to pray for Texas. Almost half were children.

L

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited November 2017

Lolita, praying for you continuously. I am close to you so please let me know if I can do anyth8ng for you!

Mags, my heart felt prayers during this difficult time.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Dear ladies,

When I post something it is always something I feel the spirit leading me to share. I have felt this thread has been my ministry for quite a long time. Today I feel led to challenge all of us to share what we are thankful for. I think this would be a great leading into Thanksgiving and we could do this up until that day. In the past we have done 50 days of praise and it has been during tough times that we were going through when we did that. So if you will join me in this I think it will be uplifting for all of us going through difficult times.

I am so thankful for my mom of 92 years. That God has allowed us to have her for this long has truly been a blessing. Even though with dementia she is not the same person that I used to know she is still in there. She has been my best friend, my rock, a good shoulder to listen when I needed one, and a wise person. She has been a great role model for me all of these years. I am so thankful that she is my mom.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Lisa, I am sorry that you have a close connection to this horrible tragedy in Texas. Praying for the family and friends of the victims. Praying that God will bring good out of a horrible situation meant for evil.

Faith, I pray that you will have immediate results from your procedure today and that they will find nothing of concern.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2017

I am thankful for my family and friends who are supporting me during this time of challenge. God and His prevenient grace went before me and moved me to San Diego before I was diagnosed. Had I still lived in Nashville, I would have very different support in every area: medically, spiritually, financially, and socially. This includes my DH who faithfully stands beside me in all of my needs and emotions, and my DD who lives with us and helps me with the heavy work I can no longer do. I would be remiss to not be thankful for my very active 2-year-old Granddaughter who brings me joy and smiles every day. God is good!

Chris

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

I am thankful for my God who leads me and holds me steady lest I would lose my marbles by now!

RE: Lita, Faith, Dianne;

Praying for calm during the testing, Good reports, and more quality days ahead.~In Jesus~Amen

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2017

HI every one,

I remember the "thankful" posts from my first year on BC.org...so I'm adding mine this year...

I am thankful that I can move around without pain, and that a recent X-ray of my shoulder showed no injury or tears, just arthritis. I am thankful that I am 7 years out from my first BC dx and nearly 4 years out from my 2nd. I am thankful for having friends on this thread who have encouraged me when I was dealing with SE from medication and radiation. I am thankful for the prayers lifted on my behalf! I am thankful that God opened a door for us in ministry at our new church

My husband and I are at the NC Baptist State Convention. It has been a blessing to both of us, seeing old friends and hearing great music and messages from God. The Texas tragedy really hit home with us since our past two churches have been about the same size as the one there, a place where everyone knew each other. I heard someone on a program tonight say that as horrible as this is, those folks in that church are with our Lord because evil (satan) can take your body but couldn't take their soul. Praying for the families left behind. When we return home tomorrow, my husband has to meet with our church leadership to discuss security; our church is very rural and emergency help would take awhile.

Dianne, welcome! I have a couple of common things with you too; my middle name was Dianne, I was an only child, and I went through a divorce, although I have remarried. There are wonderful ladies here.

Lita, praying for your comfort and peace; Mags, so sorry to hear about your DH. I still read the thread almost daily and pray for you all....

Blessings to you all, and may God supply your needs!

Ellen

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I am thankful For my dear husband, he has been on my side supports me and takes care of me through out the surgery and chemo period. Thanks God who looks after me during this time, listens to my prayers and let me reconnected with Betty who gave me so much supports and uplifts my spiritual. I know I can’t get though this without Lord held my hands.

I was away from God for years because of BC I turned to God again. I’m looking forward to finish my chemo and have better wbc so I can go to church. Would love to find a church that I can call home.

Dear Father, praying for Lita, Faith Dianne and all the pink sisters,

Please give us strength and comfort each days. In Jesus name Amen 🙏🙏🙏

• faith-840
    edited November 2017

I am most thankful today that my sigmoidoscopy showed nothing. So all is well after that test and I am so thankful for all your prayers on my behalf. The dr. says that sometimes PET scans give false positives. Something to keep in mind when scary things show up. I'm going to trust that the lung CT on Thursday will also show nothing to be concerned about. I will be most grateful for a good nights sleep as I didn't sleep much last night. Hope all of you sleep well also.

Faith

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Sometime we need to trust God. That’s Faith,

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

I am thankful that we have a God that is our portion. He knows what we need and knows the right time to supply. I have said this before but He can seem excruciatingly slow but always right on time. He needs to build our faith and many times that is in the fiery trials.

Faith, so happy to hear your procedure showed nothing of concern. PTL

Thank you all for your posts of thanksgiving. Doesn't it change your mindset to be more intentional going through the day looking for things to be thankful for. Let's keep it going up to Thanksgiving and see if that does not only help you but others who are blessed by reading your posts.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

I thought I have UTI last night, thank you God answered my prays and helped me through with no infection. I love you Lord, you always protect me as you said.

Amen.