thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2017

Praying for all here as I read. Please pray for my hubby. He is having difficulty dealing with the Alzheimer diagnosis. I too am battling fear of what the future holds. At present he is not willing to make any plans or even discuss it. Praise God the grandchildren are doing well. I had a fairly extensive surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma on my back last Thursday and am waiting for biopsy results on another spot on my neck. Not a big deal but each requires about 6 hours of travel down to Sloan-Kettering. Love, Jean

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2017

zjrosenthal

Praying for your hubby.

I am a huge homebody so I can totally relate to hating that kind of travel. May the Lord give you both peace in dealing with and facing the uncertainties of the future. ~In Jesus~ Amen

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

zjrosenthal - dear Lord please give you both strength and peace in dealing with all these uncertainties..... in Jusus name Amen

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited October 2017

Jean, I am praying for you and your husband. As I said earlier in our messaging - my husband FORGOT to tell the doctor about his MEMORY problems! He is forgetting important things but I have been enabling him by reminding to the point of nagging. So I told him today I am no longer reminding him of everything (HARD to do!) so he will HAVE to face the consequences and REALIZE he HAS a problem. Boy this is tough on top of not feeling well ourselves even. Denial is a difficult thing but is an understandable an attitude of self preservation. I am very concerned about OUR future as I am really dependent on him. I DO understand your feelings and will pray for BOTH of you! The Lord is our Rock and firm foundation and we will not be shaken.

With love,

Ade

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2017

Ade and Jean praying for the Lord to heal and give you strength.

Aurora

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited October 2017

Ade, you will slowly have to take on his responsibilities, just as I am turning more and more things over to my husband as I prepare to "transition" in the coming months.

It's hard, but you can do it. Set up a little binder or notebook, as I have done for my DH, and start noting the stuff you need to take over from him and HOW to do these tasks. Don’t put it off. Starting now, you can do a little at a time, and it won't be so overwhelming. If you wait, and he loses more faculties, you won't be able to ask questions and get the best directions.

Praying for you,

L

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

I'm going to my MO this afternoon to find out more about this new dx and figure out where to go from here.

i am nervous, but feel ready to fight again..this time not to be cured, but for more time to spend with my DH and family and friends.

I may not win this battle, but cancer will be sorry it messed with me again when I stand with Jesus with joy in spite of all the pain and fear!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited October 2017

Good morning dear sisters,

I'm sorry I have been MIA for a bit. I have been sick but my MO's office still wanted to see me yesterday. I did get to the store afterwards to get my BRAT diet items. I think the worst is over but I am just drained.

It seems that most of us are going through some very tough times be it our cancer treatments, dealing with stage four bc and not knowing what tomorrow holds and dealing with Alzheimers and dementia with our loved ones.

I was listening to some advice on a Christian station the other day and it seems that this advice would pertain to any situation. This "expert " on relationships etc. said run to Jesus. For me I sometimes take a detour in trying to solve problems and fix things and then after I have completely exhausted myself and my resources I realize that the thing I needed to do I hadn't done yet and that is RUN TO JESUS. He is our source for whatever our situation. He is really the ONLY person who really understands what we are going through.

My heart is heavy for so many of you going through such tough things. It is going to be alright. For those who know the Lord and can call him savior it is going to be alright. It doesn't mean we will not suffer or have trouble because we know the Bible says we will have trouble. We do not have to go through this alone by any means. Jesus will walk through your suffering with you and if you can glue your eyes to him it will help alleviate some of that suffering.

He has also given us friends family and community around us to help lift one another up. He has given us this forum full of dear Christians who are wanting to reach out.

God Bless each of you today as you deal with the unknown, as you deal with SE's as you deal with fear. Let Jesus envelope you with His strong arms. He is right there waiting for you to ask.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Praying for all of you dealing with new diagnosis, pain and side effects lift you up to heaven may God be a comfort to you.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

This book is so full of gems I am posting the whole chapter.

Philippians 4King James Version (KJV)

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

20 Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

21 Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.

22 All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.

23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2017

Oh ladies thank you for the orayers and praise God for His amazing answers. Turns out the biopsy on my neck got out all of the basal cell carcinoma there with very thin margins. I don't need more surgery just a topical form of chemo. God is good. Also we went to my husband's neurologist today and it seems that in a couple of months a new Alzheimers medicine is coming out that will not just treat symptoms but actually heal the disease and prevent any more plaque from forming in the brain. Because my husband did the clinical trial that showed beta-amyloid in his brain and has an Alzheimer diagnosis he will definitely be eligible for this new medication. God had everything arranged all the time and foolish me worries and frets. Wishing everybody a peaceful pain-free night with good rest. Love, Jean

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Amen ..... Nancy I will try to remember Lord is our sources our strength. Prayers for everyone and we should stop crying and let Jesus takes over our burdens, 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Jean, that is great news on ALL fronts. PTL!

• ade
    edited October 2017

Nancy THANK YOU for your encouragement...I REALLY needed it! I hope you're feeling better.

Lita I will be aware now to learn the things I always depended on him to do - it truly frightens me but the Lord is my anchor.

Jean I am SO delighted the Lord has eased your concerns. Glory to God! This sounds like a miracle! At this point I can't get James to ACKNOWLEDGE he has a problem. I know there are treatments if caught early so this is frustrating. I have to trust in the Lord to move this mountain.

Bless your hearts, you stage 4 ladies ~ I am praying for His grace to surround you and lift you up as you walk this path. (Many of us will someday do the same and you are such inspirations, women of faith. Sending you big warm hugs!

We have our just-turned-3 grandaughter Addi for 3 days & 2 nights starting tomorrow. She has never been away from home overnight without her sisters before so this may be a challenge - and she doesn't take NAPS anymore! (Oh dear!) Lord grant me strength!

Blessings,

Ade

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Dear sisters once again I’m asking prayers for my elderly mother. She’ll be undergoing a procedure this morning at 12 noon to remove the 3 cm biliar stone from her liver. May the Great Surgeon God Almighty Creator of all direct His agents here in earth.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2017

Ade, praying that James realizes he has memory issues. Addy is so cute. Love, Jean

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2017

Addi, I love your beautiful curls. And the bow worn to the side ... how stylish is that?!? You are the cat's pajamas, little girl! :)

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Prayer warriors! I really need your help! 1) my mother is having surgery 2) they found something in my daughter’s pelvic ultrasound and have sent her to get a CT scan stat 3) all the while I’m getting chemo today! I’m praying my heart out please help!

Aurora

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2017

Dear Jesus,

Please comfort Aurora, answer her every need, and give her strength.

I ask these things in Your name.

Amen.

• ade
    edited October 2017

Beautiful prayer, Joanne, thank you!

Aurora, you're on overload stress-wise. I pray the Lord will handle each and every situation with His powerful loving hand and that He will grant you His peace.

THANK YOU Jean!

May the Lord hold you all tightly today in His wonderful arms.

With love and prayers,

Ade

But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
    - Jeremiah 17:7
  • bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Lord, we pray for Aurora's mom's surgery and pray that she will come through with flying colors and that this will solve the problem. Give her your mighty strength during and after the surgery.

We pray for Aurora's daughter as she undergoes tests which are alarming. We pray for comfort, for wisdom and we pray against fear that can strangle our hearts and minds during times like these.

We pray for Aurora as she has her chemo treatment. I pray that you will envelope her in such peace that she will know that you are surrounding her with your love and comfort. We pray that her treatments will be on target and do their intended job.

Lord, we pray for Joanne as she and her family deal with sickness and family matters which have caused so much stress. Help her to see your hand at work in each of these situations and help her not to lose heart but be strengthened by your mighty hand.

Ade, your little Addi is adorable. If someone yells your name do you both come running:)

I can't seem to shake this stomach virus. I am guessing all the rounds of antibiotics I had with my cyst fiasco took a big toll on my system. I do take probiotics and lots of them.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,
    Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited October 2017

Jean, praise God for the good news.

Ade, your granddaughter is adorable ! What a wonderful namesake.

Aurora, I pray for all of your many concerns during this difficult time, that God will carry you through in peace. These are tough to go through even when you are not going throug chemo yourself.

Joanne, know you are surrounded with many prayers.

Nancy, I pray daily for you and that God will touch your stomach with healing. You are a gift to us all and I lift you up for a special touch.

To all those I have not mentioned, I thank God daily for you all. You provide me with a tangible touch that reaches into my most dark places. To know I am not alone is priceless.

As an update; we visited Woodstock today. Can't believe it was almost 50 years ago... They got me a wheelchair so I could take my time in the museum and read everything. I have discovered how nice everyone is when you are in a wheelchair. I walk most of the time, but if it is over an hour, I accept help to minimize my hip pain. Tomorrow we see Wicked. I have done fine on this trip so far. My MO sent me an email and wants extra labs done today but they will have to wait until I return as there is no Kaiser here. I have no idea why the extra labs or what they are. This is new for me...I will get my labs and pills andstart the next cycle the day after I return. Halloween...oh joy! Btw, the foliage is gorgeous here in upstate NY. I can't send a picture as I haven't taken it off my phone yet.

Chris

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Thank you for all your prayers. I’m a bit more relaxed now. My mom did made through with flying colors as you prayed. She’s resting now but no tumor no huge stone just hundreds of little ones that were easily dissolved.

Now as far as my daughter is concerned she has a tumor in one of her ovaries 5 cms, doctor said something that large can’t be considered a cyst so we’re left with tumor either benign or not she’ll need surgery. Biopsy coming up next Tuesday. She’s only 28 oh God please let it NOT be cancer in Jesus name Amen

After my chemo we all went to have lunch at IHOP and now enjoying a sunny breezy afternoon in SW Florida.

I’ll try my best not to think negative thoughts. Please keep praying.

Thank you

Aurora

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

"Run to Jesus!"

That is the best advice!

Thank you, dear Nancy..and I pray you will feel better soon.I know how it feels to be drained. Please try to get some much needed rest.

Dear Heavenly Father we ask that the tumor in Aurora's daughter's ovary is benign, and that the surgery will go smoothly with a fast recovery..Please ease the family's minds as they go through this together..bring healing where it is needed and let them rejoice in your goodness. In Jesus' name~Amen~

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Chris, glad you are doing well on your trip. Yes, I guess we are the hippy generation (or at least I am) and I imagine you will see lots of pics VW buses or whatever we called them in the Woodstock museum! I love the Wicked music even though I have never seen it. That should be a treat. Enjoy. Enjoy your nice vacation visiting your family. Thank you for your prayers.

Aurora, we thank God for answered prayers for your Mom. We will continue to pray for your daughter and we will pray that this tumor is benign. I am glad you got to go to IHOP and I pray that you will stay positive and keep your eyes on the Lord. He will get you through this.

Lisa (NeverForsaken),thank you for your prayers. I pray you will get more info so you will know what treatment plan will be in place for you soon.

Have a great night dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited October 2017

Aurora, my ovarian cyst was between a walnut & smaller lemon in size (so large it pulled my ovary down into my abdomen) - but it WAS a cyst so don't panic just yet. We are all praying it is benign. Keep your eyes upon Jesus. He has this!

Love,

Ade

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Thank you Ade I’ll try to be more positive but you know she’s my daughter and she’s just started her career as a lawyer she has a 6 yr old son.

Aurora

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Dear ladies,

Thank you for all the heart warming prayers and Jesus will take us all under his wings and take our worries into his hands.

Joanne such a great pray ... amen to that I used it for my pray.

Thanks God gives me strength for my uneventful infusion, he will give all of us strength also.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Joanne is this it?

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2017

Oh dear ladies I pray all prayers here are answered perfectly by our perfect Lord Jesus. For all who prayed for my grandson Bob to get a job, he starts one a week from Monday in NYC and is thrilled. Praise God. Thank you for praying. This has been a week of blessings and I pray that all of you will receive His blessings today. Love, Jean