thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,874
    edited October 2017

Jean, you know I have prayed a lot for Bob to get a job so it increases all of our faith to see God at work in this situation.

For those waiting on God and hanging on in your situation know that He is a safe place to run to as you face the unknown.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2017

Nancy and all who prayed for my grandson Bob to get a job. He is in Ireland at the moment training with the company that hired him. Flight over and back and salary, room and board all covered! He comes back this week and starts the following Monday working for one of their clients in NYC. The company provides housing and a food allowance in NYC plus a salary. God provided a wonderful first job in his field. L ove, Jean. PS Below is the city in Ireland where he is staying.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2017

Praise God Jean!

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Joanne, I am always grateful for all the people who give of their time and money to go on walks whether it be for bc or any other worthy program that benefits people dealing with diseases. I pray that there will be some fantastic new research efforts that will open up the keys to this deadly disease we are all dealing with. When we look back many years we would not have had the many therapies that we have now so there is progress even though we would like it to happen faster that it seems it does.

I have had some good friends that just got back from a trip to Ireland. I can't wait to see some of their pics as one of them is my photographer friend that we take workshops and classes together and go out shooting together too. It sounds like Bob has a great job with many perks. That is such an answer to prayer.

I didn't sleep all night so it has been a difficult day. I know I need to have some blood work to recheck my thyroid levels but have had to put that off until I feel better.

Praying for a good week for all of us.

Love

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited October 2017

What a beautiful old city..

God is good!

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited October 2017

Praising God with you Jean!

Love to all...

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Dear sisters,

As we go about this day give yourself permission to rest. God wants to restore our souls and rest is one of those things we must to do help achieve that end.

In resting we can feel His peace and in peace we can feel strength building in our minds and our bodies. Take some time today to just do nothing. It will be good for you!

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

I had a good rest today..Fell asleep for the hour and a half before my PET scan..I was surprised at how relaxed I felt!

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2017

Psalms 127:2
    It is vain for you to rise up early, To stay up late, Eating the bread of toil; For he gives sleep to his loved ones. Love, Jean

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited October 2017

Jean, that's a wonderful line from psalms to remember. I don't believe I've ever read it

Hello everyone, I've been missing in action lately but I've been reading and praying for your needs and rejoicing in your good news. We've returned from a wonderful trip to Italy but I came home with a bad cold and severe jet lag. It's taking me awhile to recover and now I've got some back pain, probably from the travel. Two of our daughters were able to join us for a week and it was so great to share our love of Italy with them. I'm going to try to post a picture or two, hope it works.

I do have a prayer request, I'm having my six month PET scan on Friday and my anxiety is getting the best of me. I've been off Ibrance for three months now for a couple of reasons so I keep thinking the worst. I know I just have to trust in our wonderful Healing Lord, but it's hard sometimes. Never forsaken, I can't imagine falling asleep before a PET scan, how wonderful to be that relaxed.

I edited this post to change the pictures a bit.. It's wine tasting in Tuscany with our daughters and then me at Piazza Navona in Rome. I'll get the hang of this yet.

imageimage

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited October 2017

Faith send my prayers and We all are under God wings. Amen.

I’m asking for prayers for my neuropathy....... thank you,

Paulette

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Faith, I am so thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful trip and I am so glad it all worked out for your daughters to join you and DH. You have a lovely family. You look fantastic. I prayed so many times that you would be able to enjoy it while you were there. I bet DH had a great time with his camera! Love the pics.

I'm sorry to hear you have a bad cold now. I was sick all last week with a stomach virus and just now getting back into my routine after being downstate with my mom. I will pray for your upcoming PET scan.

Lisa, praying for a good result with your PET scan. I am glad you had some rest beforehand.

Paulette, praying for your neuropathy. Do you have any meds to alleviate the nerve pain?

Jean, praying that Psalm will hold true. Insomnia is still an issue for me.

Ade, any break through on the grant for Jame's expensive meds? How are you doing?

Joanne, praying you and your family feel better and can get over the stuff going around!

Have a good night dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Praying for everyone here having pain issues and colds and other issues. May the Lord help us all.

Thank you for your prayers for my daughter. She had her first appointment with the gyno-oncologist and praise God he thinks the tumor is BENIGN he said he would be very surprised if the pathology report says otherwise. Her surgery will be on November 13th to remove the tumor. It will be laparoscopy unless they can’t remove it that way then they’ll have to open her up but I know with God’s help that won’t be the case.

My daughter is afraid because she’s never had any kind of surgery before. Her faith is wobbly even though I raised her in a Christian environment she has doubts. Please pray for her and for her doctors on November 13th.

Thank you

Aurora

• faith-840
    edited October 2017

Nancy, thank you for the compliments. It was great to have our daughters join us, but what's really great is they are both nice also, as are our two other children. God has blessed us. My DH took lots of pictures and will probably spend the winter editing them. The two I posted were taken with a phone so not the best. I will post a couple more when and if he finishes with them.

I'm sorry you have not been feeling well, I think it must be worse to be sick when you live alone but sometimes I just need to be alone, so who knows. I guess God knows best. I hope you are getting your mother ready to transition to new living arrangements. That has to be so hard.

Aurora, I will certainly pray that your daughter's surgery amounts to not much and all is benign.

Everyone, thank you for your prayers for my upcoming PET scan on Friday. For some reason, I'm really anxious this time around. I continue to pray for all your needs daily.

God bless us all,

Faith

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Nancy, I don’t have any meds for neuropathy, for now, I have numbness on fingertips pains only come in occasionally.

Thanks Lord for the good result auroaya.

Nancy sorry to hear that you have stomach flu.

Dear powerful God, please protect all the BC sisters and take us all under your wings. Take away our pains and anxiety. Dear God remind us your strength is always there for us, Amen.

• NeverForsaken
    edited October 2017

@ Aurora Praise the LORD! I have found that it is through these trials that my children (Three grown daughters) experience both the comfort from our Lord in the fearful, and uncertain times..and the power of our LORD when he answers prayer..both of which grows their faith.

Stay strong, and as someone here has said: "Run to Jesus" He is our safe haven, and in his presence is fulness of joy.

My Brain MRI came back good..In fact the (benign) lesions from three years ago have grown smaller! That was back when I too was having balance problems which lasted quite awhile. Since I am normally quite clumsy we didn't worry too much until I started walking/falling into walls and into people sometimes..Never really got to the bottom of that, but since tests were done and showed no cancer, it was believed to be from allergies. I did have bad allergies back then and into 2015. Perhaps that is the cause of your balance problem too, Faith?

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Nancy! It sounds like you've had lots of stress lately, please try to rest when you can.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Good evening dear ladies,

Aurora, I am so glad to hear that your daughter's doctor thinks this tumor is benign. I have had many, many surgeries but I definitely remember my first one and I was terrified for days before I actually had it so I can certainly sympathize with your daughter. I will pray that she will be able to have it with the less invasive surgery and will pray that her anxiety levels with dramatically decrease.

Faith, praying you are feeling better and that your cold is better and that your back pain will subside. I am very content in my independence but it seems every time I am down sick I am totally out of groceries. That part is not good because I don't ask for help because I hate to inconvenience anyone. I know.......... I need to get over that notion. I am almost back to normal now. I am now behind the eight ball in getting things done before the hard freeze because of losing all of last week. I was out in the dark tonight trying to take some of my backyard fountain down. I will have to finish in the light tomorrow and get my heated birdbath up. I didn't get to finish my windows but there are worse things for sure.

Paulette, I am glad you don't have a lot of pain. The numbness I am sure is bothersome. I had a neck surgery many years ago and I remember dealing with finger numbness before the surgery. It is not fun.

Lisa, that is great news on your MRI. Is this the same test you mentioned about a PET scan or is this something different? Yes, I am on the mend and yes I have had more stress the last few weeks than I thought I was able to handle but God is seeing me through in dealing with the uncertainties of where my mom will live and when the move will be. My sister and I have not broken the news to her yet. She has dementia and it is not longer safe for her to live alone which she adamantly wanted to do.I have lived with her for several months out of the year for the last six years so she could stay in her home. She is three hours away from where I live so that doesn't help. My sister lives in the same town though.

Ladies, I don't know how many of you know this but just in case I am going to maybe spare you alot of frustration and time by sharing this. I have had orthotics for many years and have seen this podiatrist for many years for heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. (sp?) Since retiring she was not in my network with my health insurance so I put off seeing her as my orthotics have been falling apart for quite a long time. Now that I am on Medicare she is now covered by my plan. I saw her today and she said Medicare will insist on x-rays so that is what I did and then she said you will have to go to a Medicare approved lab to make the orthotics. She seemed like she was on top of it all so I decided to swing by one of the approved labs and I was going to make an apt in person and they said unless you have diabetes Medicare does not cover orthotics at all. I called my doctor's office and I have not heard from her and it was the end of the day but this whole thing is ending up costing me a lot of wasted money on this whole thing. I will pay for the orthotics myself because I don't want to be in constant pain without them. This is just another eye rolling moment on the state of our health care today. Pain obviously is not a factor when it comes to feet. I just find this really absurd but I thought I would share in case any of you find yourself in a similar situation.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Nancy I found more and more our health care sucks especially when you get old.

Blessed we are still walking and have fresh air. Thanks God!

Good night dear sisters, Amen

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Hello everyone. Nancy I certainly can relate to your frustration with Medicare. I am on Medicare even though I’m only 57 y/o because I’m permanently disabled due to stage IV. Medicare only pays for 80% of my medical costs including the chemotherapy so my oncologist had to send me outside his clinic to a general hospital to get the chemotherapy. I’ve exhausted all other help available out there because they all take into account the income generated by everyone in the household and my daughter makes about 1000 over their limit. I don’t complain because the treatment at the hospital is the same and I even get an individual cubicle with tv and snack which at the doctors I don’t get. Anyway all these to say that I agree te health system is not perfect but trust me it’s better than in other countries. Let’s pray for our government to find a solution to the health care mess.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Hi ladies,

I was out of town visiting three different forest preserves with my camera yesterday and didn't have a chance to post. I have been in this ongoing photo competition that started in May and goes till the end of the year. It has taken me outside my comfort zone for sure. There are themes for each month. Fall colors was the theme for Oct but we have had such late and lackluster fall colors and with the cold and rain at the last minute they said we could submit anything. I am going to show you some of my pics.

Yes, Medicare is a challenge and yes our system is much better than some countries so I need to be thankful for the coverage I do have.

If I can indulge you here are a few pics from my travels yesterday. Just imagine them with brilliant fall colors. LOL

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2017

Nancy, I just love the picture of the bridge going off into the distance. The composition is beautiful. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Thanks Jean. I like that one too.

Ladies I could use some prayer. I had a cortisone shot this morning in my thumb and late this afternoon had an allergy shot. I am not sure if the combo was a bad mix but by the time I got home I was hit with extreme fatigue and then nausea. I have a couple of apts tomorrow and hope I can still keep them. I would appreciate any prayers for me. Thanks.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited October 2017

Nancy, your pictures are beautiful even without the fall color. I like the bridge picture best too. Good luck in the photo contest. I will pray that your reaction to those shots is fleeting and nothing to worry about.

I had my PET/CT scan today. Waiting anxiously for the results, prayers are most welcome. Thanks

Faith.

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Prayers sent. Faith and Nancy.

Aurora

• bjquilter
    bjquilter Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2017

Hi All

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I'm 61 loving the Lord and life. I start chemo Tuesday and I know God has a plan. I trust his plan and am grateful to be able to share my conviction with all of you. So many people I talk to don't get that I can handle my diagnosis because I know where my help comes from. I pray God uses this time to being me closer to Him.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2017

From my daily devotional:

Psalm 27:13-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 [a] I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
    In the land of the living.
    14 Wait for the Lord;
    Be strong and let your heart take courage;
    Yes, wait for the Lord.

Footnotes:

a. Psalm 27:13 Or "Surely I believed"

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2017

Welcome BJQuilter. I am glad you found us too. We will pray that as you start chemo on Tuesday that all will go well for you. You are starting off in the plus column already with a good attitude and knowing God will be with you every step of the way. Feel free to post anytime and let us know how you are doing.

Faith, thank you. I am praying that you will have peace as you wait for the results. I know how difficult waiting can be and I pray that you will find out very soon.

Aurora, thank you for your prayers. I am continuing to pray for your daughter as she faces her surgery coming in a couple weeks.

Hershey, I love that verse. I don't believe we have to wait until heaven to see God's mighty works right here on this earth. Thanks for sharing that. How are you doing?

Teka, thank you. Also thanks for letting us know that Foots is back. I was afraid we would not hear from her again so that is great news. I will have to check her posts. You know my love of bees or wasps. LOL For those new to this forum I am scared to death of bees. I am fascinated by their handy work in building nests though. Thanks for sharing your pics. Those are huge nests! I got a few pics last fall of them as well. My first pic reminds me of an old wrinkled man with one ear ring. LOL Kind of fits with the season.

I went to the dentist for a marathon appointment and came home and crashed. Still haven't felt very good but I am determined to get to church tomorrow no matter what!!!!

Have a good evening.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited October 2017

Hi ladies,

It’s weekend again, and looks like everyone are enjoying the beautiful fall.

I keep telling myself God has his plans for me even though I have breast cancer. He will put me under his wings and take care of me. I need to put my trust on him.

Have a good weekend,

Paulette

• auroaya
    edited October 2017

Yes Paulette He will take care of you and all of us too. Amen

Aurora.