thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

Standing in agreement with Paulette for Faith to have a peaceful sleep, and good results very soon~ In Jesus~Amen

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,873
    edited November 2017

Dear ladies,

I need some prayer as I am in a pickle as we used to say. I got up at 4 am and made it to the day long photography workshop out of town and didn't get home until 6. My cyst incision has reared it's ugly head again. Many of you are new but I had a nightmare with a cyst that I had surgery to remove in June and then it kept getting infected. Today it started hurting and by my afternoon classes it was really hurting bad. It looks like it is infected and I have another whole day of classes tomorrow. I have some initial antibiotics urgent care gave me from April when they lanced and drained it but they had cultured it and put me on a different one. I am tempted to take one of those that I still have so I can get through this final day tomorrow and then deal with it afterwards. I would appreciate your prayers.

Faith, praying for you. I just can't imagine the waiting and apprehension you must feel. Praying for you tonight.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2017

Nancy, I am praying God touches your cyst and makes it totally disappear so you can enjoy your class tomorrow. You work so hard at helping us all--I pray God rains down many blessings upon you.

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited November 2017

Nancy, I just prayed for your cyst infection and asked God to look after you so you can able to take your class.Also I’m praying for Faith a good night sleep, Praying for all the pink sisters pains and suffering will go away, Lita and HapB .....

Here is a picture from my neighborhood yesterday, fall colors in California

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Thank you Chris and Paulette. I did take one of those antibiotics and I am going to bed and will see what early morning brings. I sure hope I can finish this class. My bra strap hits directly over this area. I am not sure if I could pull off going braless or not. We'll see.

Love the fall leaves photo Paulette

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2017

Nancy and Faith, you are in my prayers. Nancy, I pray for healing and strength to complete your Sunday class. I pray your trip home today is a safe one. Faith, I pray that a good report is forthcoming and your weekend is restful. Blessings upon you both.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Thank you all for your prayers. I did make it through my second and last day of this photography school. I am so completely wiped out but God did allow me to get through this day and this weekend better than I thought I would. Then adding this painful and infected cyst to the mix and it is a miracle that I made it through. If I had not had this course of antibiotics on hand I would have not been brave enough to go today. It was a privilege to have teachers in photography that are so accomplished. One of the teachers has a photographer for National Geographic. I learned a lot and hopefully once rested and healed will be anxious to try to things out. I will go to urgent care tomorrow and I imagine they will lance and drain whatever has erupted from my cyst incision. I don't understand how this cyst could possibly have come back when my surgeon dug so deep during my surgery but we'll see what they say. I have a scary big thick red streak about an inch long and four inches wide radiating from the source. I am praying that I don't have a blood infection.

I hope you are doing well and Faith I have been praying for you during this difficult time.

Dianne, Lita, Lisa, Aurora Ade, Chris, Mags, Paulette, Hershey, Teka, Jean, the Angies, Debbie (Foots), Joanne, Ellen praying for all of you that God will touch you at your point of need.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2017

Dear friends, thank you for all your prayers. I'm just writing a short note to tell you I will be reading and praying for all of you but will probably not contribute much this coming week as my daughter and her family are visiting from Idaho. I still have no results to report so please keep praying for me. Nancy, I did pray for you to make it through your class and am so glad to hear you were able to manage it. I know how much this means to you and I believe you really have a gift for it. Take care all,

Love and prayers,

Faith.

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Faith, enjoy your time with your daughter, it’s thanksgiving time, don’t worry too much, enjoy the time being with family. Praying for Faith has a good result from her test.

Nancy, so glad you finished your class and praying for your infected cyst, God always with us and he will look after you as he always does.

I’m going to my radiation consultation tomorrow, please pray for me, also I have mild diarrhea tonight also.

Dear Father, I’m praying for Lita and Debbie, hope they won’t suffer any pains and Debbie will improve her speech.

Amen.

• faith-840
    edited November 2017

I'm praying for everyone here and I ask a special prayer for me. My family will be arriving and I think I have a stomach bug. Not feeling well at all.

Thank you,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Paulette, praying for your rads consultation tomorrow and I hope your diarrhea has disappeared. Praying for strength and courage as you start this next leg of your treatment.

Faith, I imagine at this point you would like to just crawl in bed and slip under the covers and stay there. I pray that this stomach bug or whatever will be SHORT lived so you can enjoy your company. I know your daughter and family will step up to help you. Hang in there.

I am on my way to urgent care. So thankful I could get in when I did. This places looks really fiery red today and I am praying I can deal with it today and still be able to leave for my mom's tomorrow.

God Bless all of you as you prepare for Thanksgiving.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Nancy,

Praying for you and hope you get well soon so you can see your mom.

Faith, praying for your health.

Have a peaceful night, I’m a late bird.

Paulette

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2017

Lord Jesus, please touch Nancy and my friend Carolyn and heal their cysts. Today I am so grateful for your love for me and for all of us. Thank you Jesus. Love, Jean

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

After I Dx BC, I appreciated each day in life now, I don't get mad with my hubby because I realized how much he loves me. I appreciated each moments in life now. I thanks God for each day because I treasure what I have now.

I think BC made me more humble and really in touch of my feelings. Chemo made me realized life can be so unpredictable and how strong we can be also. I’m here to thanks God for making me a stronger and nicer person. Now I will be more compassionate and understanding. I will be counting my blessings more often. Thank you Jesus!!

Amen!

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Dear ladies,

I have had a change in my travel plans. I had to make another trip to urgent care this morning. My bandage desperately needed changing and with the packing still in I was a little hesitant to have my neighbor attempt it. I just prayed all the way there what I should do. I think the Lord made it very clear that I am not to leave for my mom's today. I am just absolutely exhausted and not a good thing to end up driving in the dark and rain all the way there in the state I am in.

They had to pack the wound again. My back looks a bit strange. Yesterday the doctor was concerned about the large red area that was extending from the wound so she used a marker on my back which I didn't realize to check and see any changes. Then today the doctor marked another line and I am supposed to explain this to the doctors downstate that the dotted line means one thing and the solid means another. If this wasn't so crazy it would be funny. I have to have it repacked on Thanksgiving day at my mom's. This place is open and I am grateful for that. I will have to have it repacked two days later so this cyst is turning into a money pit for sure.

I called my sister and told her I am not driving today. I am too done in. I will leave tomorrow. I am not thrilled about driving on Wed because I have had some hair raising experiences in the past on that day before Thanksgiving.

Today I am thankful that I was able to get into this urgent care place and even the fact that these places are so close and convenient in cases like this. I know some of you in TX are not so lucky and I do need to be thankful for this. This doctor today said I was doing all the right things and it was just one of those situations where the cyst can recur and obviously has more than once.

I will be spending a good amount of time in the waiting room at this Express care at my mom's on Thanksgiving but it will all work out some how so we can still have a nice dinner at my sisters.

Praying that you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Nancy, you made a smart move not to push yourself to drive when you are in no shape to drive.

Praying that you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.........

Paulette

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited November 2017

Prayers sent for everyone specially Nancy. May God heal you and keep you safe.

Aurora

• intolight
    edited November 2017

Praying that Thanksgiving day will bring special memories for all the dear ladies on this site. Nancy, I am hounding heaven for you that your cyst will heal and you will have safe travels and a blessed Thanksgiving.

I am thankful I am surrounded by people who love me. This week I lost the 5th friend or family member to cancer who were diagnosed at the same time or after I was. I am trying to allow myself to grieve without getting caught up in emotions, and am asking God for guidance. I feel broken and spilled out and useless, but I also trust Him that there is a reason I am still here. May God give us all strength and discernment as we love others for the Kingdom.

• faith-840
    edited November 2017

Just a quick note to thank God and all,of you for answered prayers. My test results were good!! Praising God, He still brings miracles and I pray that He will,for all of you also.

Safe travels and good health to everyone. Enjoy the wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families, there is much to be grateful for. I'm going to try a nap now. Very tired from not much sleep lately.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2017

Faith, that is wonderful news! Thank you, Jesus!

Wishing everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving.

• auroaya
    edited November 2017

Amen to the answered prayers and I keep praying for those in pain may God heal and comfort you. Thankful that even though my cancer has progressed to the liver I have no pain. Also the bone mets have had no pain. Thank you God

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2017

May all of us experience the deep gratitude for all that God has given us this year. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. love, Jean

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Such a great news Faith!!! Praise the Lord!!

I haven’t seen Foots for almost a week, I worry about her. I’m praying for her daily and please pray for her also.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family and praying for everyone be safe and happy.

Paulette

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Good evening dear ladies,

I am thankful tonight that I made it to my mom's and this is quite unbelievable but true..............in record time. I had prayed this morning when I was having trouble getting up that I could be gone by 2. I was in the car and leaving shortly after 1. I had no trouble getting out of town which I always do. The traffic was nothing like I expected. I was able to have my mom's caregiver change my bandage which saved me a lot of extra time driving across town to my sisters. I am supposed to have it changed twice a day but once is going to happen for today.

I think this infection is just sucking the energy out of me and hopefully the antibiotics will work once and for good. I will see my surgeon as recommended later. I will probably have to have three visits to urgent care while at my mom's to have a doctor pack the wound and a follow up at my urgent care when I return home.

Faith I am so HAPPY that you had good results. That is so awesome. I pray that you are feeling much better and can enjoy your family that is in for the holidays.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I appreciate you all so much and I regularly pray for EACH one of you.

I received a PM from Foots a couple weeks ago and I asked how she was doing and have not heard back. For those of you who know her please keep her in your prayers. She has been an extremely faithful friend on the prayer thread for many, many years.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2017

Nancy, glad you made it safely to Mom's.

Today I am thankful for my hubby, my family, friends, church, you ladies, no reoccurrence, my doctors, this nation, our schools, sunshine, my grandkids jobs and so many other things.

Happy Thanksgiving. Love, Jean

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited November 2017

So happy for your good news, Faith! And right before the holidays too!!

Nancy, I continue to pray for a complete healing from that cyst! In Jesus all things are possible Winking

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all who celebrate today..((GENTLE HUGS))

Blessings & Love,

~Lisa~

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2017

Today as I drove to the hospital express care at my mom's it was such a beautiful day and I was so thankful for the blessings of my life and very grateful for all things. I told the nurses and doctors at this clinic that I was thankful today that they were here working. I was the ONLY person in the waiting room as I walked in. I had reading material and was prepared for a long wait if necessary.

I am back at my mom's at have a little breathing room before going to my sisters for a nice meal. I was telling the doctor that this cyst has been more painful this time around since it was removed in surgery in June. He said new nerves are growing and the new nerve endings are sensitive. I can't tolerate pain meds so Tylenol is trying to do the job. The repacking was not so bad today but on Tuesday it was painful for the rest of the day. I will go back on Saturday for repacking to this place and probably again on Monday. My second cousin checked me in. I had no idea she worked there.

Have a wonderful holiday dear sisters and those who are staying at home I hope you have a wonderful time and those traveling I pray you have safe travels and enjoy your visit.

Lisa, I hope you have a good day and thanks for your prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited November 2017

Nancy, praying for you ....

• intolight
    edited November 2017

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear sisters on this forum. May God's blessings fall around you in abundant measure.

I am thankful for the strength to get a turkey in the oven complete with stuffing. God is good!

• auroaya
    edited November 2017

Happy Thanksgiving all sisters who celebrate and those others who don’t may God bless you. It is a nice tradition although as someone told me today we should be thankful each and every day.

Aurora