Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited February 2012

I had a bunionectomy on my left foot along with the fixing of two hammer toes.  The first night I was in awful pain but each day it got better - of course, I was a lot younger then!  It was so inconvenient I never went back to have the right foot done!  My Mother had both done - one by our podiatrist and the other by an orthopedic surgeon.  She was in horrendous pain from the one done by the orthopedic surgeon.  The podiatrist said he's seen many a fine orthopedic surgeon but if you are rough with the tissue you will have more pain and a longer recovery time.  My youngest sister had hers done by an orthopedic surgeon and had a long recovery time too.  Coincidence?  I don't know.  May the Lord bless you and heal the pain very soon.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Dear Kathleen , I will definitely remember your story, when I finally decide to have a bunionectomy. Thank you! Have a blessed day. Kathy

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2012

I wanted to share some awesome testimony.  

When I was dx with bc, my DS and DDIL wanted to pray for my healing.  I went along with it to make them happy, because what could it hurt?  I didn't feel in my heart that someone who, like me, doesn't pray regularly, had the right to be healed by prayer.  They prayed that God would heal my body from all disease and make it as though it never existed.  Imagine my surprise many weeks later, when my RO was planning my rads,  called and told me that she was having difficulty because my surgical site has healed "as though it never existed".  Was it a coincidence..that choice of words?  Later in the week I got a call from my cardiologist (report on my echo cardiogram) telling me that my mitral valve prolapse that I've had for so many years could no longer be detected.  There is absolutely no doubt in my DS's mind that God has worked his healing magic on me.

This has strengthened my belief in the power of prayer.  I had many loved ones and friends praying for me during my challenging time, and I am so grateful to them and to God for showing me that miracles can happen.  The greatest miracle of all occurred when my boyfriend"s DS called and told us that the lung cancer she was dx with last year could no longer be detected in her body.  She had been dx as stage IV..terminal.  Now she is looking forward to living her life again!

God has blessed our family in so many good ways.  I just don't know how I can repay him.  I have never doubted that he existed, but I never took the time to appreciate the gifts he provides us on a daily basis.  I am trying to take time each day to thank him for his goodness.   

• 3bells
    3bells Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2012

Dear Rocket, I've been praying for you. I'm afraid I've been cowardly enough to ask God to not refine me too much anymore. I'd rather wait until we meet him in eternity and become like him more easily. Of course he will do what he knows is best and will get us through, but it never hurts to ask!

I've taken Arimidex for three weeks. The joint pain is not as bad on some days as on others, and ibuprofen takes care of it. It's not worse than fibro pain. But I didn't know there could be the other side effects you are talking about. I suppose it happens because Arimidex makes our bones weaker. Nothing is simple, is it?

I'm trying to remember to take my four neurotin daily and it does seem to help the nerve pain. But not enough that I want to wear clothes yet.

My memory isn't good and I don't like to promise to pray for someone in case I forget. But you come to my mind often.

Love in Christ Jesus,

Peggy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Peggy, you may forget your promise to pray for someone but the Lord won't and you can ask Him to either remind you or to know your heart and offer intercessory prayer for everyone with whom you come into contact.  I, too, have a bad memory (se of AI or just age related).

Kaara, thanks for that wonderful testimony.  We serve an AWESOME GOD.

Rocket, have you tried wearing hand or wrist splints to alleviate your carpall tunnel?  I was getting it in my right hand and wore a splint day and night for several weeks - a soft one during the day so I could still use the computer at work and a more stable one at night.  After a few weeks I only needed the one at night and now don't need it at all.  Had trigger thumb on my left hand but cortisone shots worked so I did not need surgery.  I think the splint on the right hand helped prevent trigger thumb there.

Blessings to you all.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Hi and Good morning to you all!!! I just had to pop in and wish you all a very blessed day, filled with joy and laughter!!! May you feel the Lord's presence throughout your day!!!! Rocket, been thinking about you, how did your orthopedic appt. go???

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear Kaara, what a beautiful testimony and story!!!!!

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Thank you!  I feel so blessed to have had this happen in my life, but was disappointed when I was ridiculed on some other threads for posting it.  God is good!

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Kaara, our Lord was also ridiculed so you are in great company! 

(edited for typo)

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Great response, Patoo and very true and comforting!!!!

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012

kaara ... that is an awesome testimony.  God is Great!  And Patoo is right, you are in excellent company.  Bless you.

• patoo
    edited February 2012

We serve an AWESOME GOD.  We can never be afraid of sharing as you never know who will be impacted.  We are to plant the seed and God will give the increase.  There may be some who ridiculed you but who knows if another was touched.  You are all an inspiration.

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited February 2012

And so are YOU, Patoo.

• patoo
    edited February 2012

What a sweet thing to say - thanks lulubee.

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Thank you everyone!

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Hi, everyone!!! Prayers were answered and Our Lord found the perfect couple to buy our home in IN.We are flying back to CA and to our family. Thank you all for your prayers and I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed weekend!!!! God is Good!!!! Kathy

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Kathy:  That is so special!  Isn't it great when you can sell your home to someone that you feel will really appreciate it.  May God bless your new life in CA!

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Wonderful Kindergarten.  Our God is awesome.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Thank you, Kaara and Patoo!!

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Good morning, everyone!!!!!  As I see the sun coming up, I am seeing the beauty of God's creation everywhere and I am so grateful. I just wanted to share that with you all and please know how blessed I am to be in your company. We are are not only Sisters in Breast Cancer but Sisters in Christ. Being back on this thread is such a blessing. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Yes..It's a beautiful day here in S. Florida...crisp and cool.  I am counting my blessings that I am alive and well to experience another wonderful day.  Had most of our family over for dinner yesterday, no special occasion, just an opportunity to get together and share some love.  It is difficult to get them all together in one place, but when we do, we enjoy each other's company.  I didn't cook, just ordered from the Italian restaurant around the corner and it was great!  Today I will visit my DGGD and GD who had to work a double shift yesterday and wasn't able to attend the dinner.

Prayers and hugs to everyone! 

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear Kaara, You are a great grandmother??? Wow, you don't sound old enough, he,he!!!! Your strong faith has kept you young!!!!! Have a blessed day, Kathy

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Kathy:  Thanks...I'll be 72 in June but I feel much younger:)  God has blessed me with good genes!

• kmccraw423
    edited February 2012

Kaara .. I am 65 and feel much younger too!  I don't know how I got this old!  If the "good die young" I must have been very, very bad!  Of course, I think the Lord is saving me for something big - I am pretty sure my mission in this life is not over yet.  My patriarchal  blessing says that I have been brought forth in these latter days to help spread the gospel.  I guess that's everyone's mission.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear Kathleen, What a wonderful mission, spreading the gospel!!!! I am going to read 1Corinthians 13:4-7 at my son's wedding in May.  I feel blessed to be able to spread the Word. I love the picture of your puppy!!! Have a very blessed day!!!!! Kathy

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

JO-5:  WOW!  You are very fortunate...10 GGK's!  I hope to have more in my lifetime!  They are truly a blessing.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Hi, Jo-5, I always love to see you posting!!!!!! You give everyone wonderful advice and guidance!!!!!  Wow, You have quite a family. Hubby and I are expecting our first grandchild in August!!!!!  I thank our Lord everyday for His wonderful goodness and for all you Sisters in Christ and Breast Cancer. We were diagnosed in the same year. Have a great night!!! Kathy 

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Good morning, everyone!!! We are going to be grandparents, just had to share the very blessed news. We are so excited.  Praying for an easy pregnancy and healthy delivery and baby. Liz is 35!!!!!  GOD IS SO GOOD, AMEN!!!!!! HEY, ROCKET, HOW ARE YOU DOING?

• Kaara
    edited February 2012

Kindergarten:  Congratulations...the first grandbaby is always so special!  I was just ga ga over her!  I have been at the hospital for the birth of all my grands and my great as well.  They are all special!

JO-5:  They all call me Grandma and some call me Grandma K to differentiate me from the other Grandma.  My youngest grandchild (2) calls my boyfriend Grand Papa.  It was so cute...she just blurted it out the other day "Grand Papa..where are you going?"  He loved it!  

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

That is such a good question on what they will call me and hubby. My sons gave me tckname "P" many years ago. I would love my hubby to be called Poppy, but we will see. Have a wonderful day,ladies!!!!! I am sure I will be asking you both for advice on grandparenting. Kathy