Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Msbelle
    Msbelle Member Posts: 160
    edited March 2012

Love this forum!!! I am new. I am 45. Dx in Jan. Sx at beginning of Feb and chemo started at end of Feb. 2nd round tomorrow. Praying that God will delivery me from SE or at least help me tolerate them better. I don't know how I would have survived this so far without JESUS! What a burden to carry without him. Thanks for all posts and encouragement I've read so far :)

Praying for all of you!

Romans 12:12

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Thanks all.

JO-5, last few visits it's been the PA, not the MD.  I know they are highly trained but seems to me the MD would poke a head in or something?  I don't even know if the MD is even on the premises.  Thanks for the tip about the ice.

Welcome jacee and msbelle.  Always wonderful to see other sisters-in-Christ.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012

Dear Msbelle, You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through treatment, praying that you have no side effects. So glad to see you on this thread, this is the place to come for comfort and support, knowing that Jesus Christ is in control of every situation. God bless you, Kathy

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2012

Good Morning Sisters,

I very much understand the frustration with doctors. I do have some that are wonderful, but others seem to care very little. They just want to give you another pill and think it will cure whatever ails you.

I could use some prayer regarding my husband. He applied for a job in the western part of NC, and was offered the position. They are now negotiating salary. We are waiting to hear if they are going to come back with a reasonable amount. I can no longer do my job as a finance officer because of the constant pain in my right arm. I am not on disability yet, but am going to apply. So we really need prayer that my disability would be approved and that my husband would hear something soon about the salary amount so that we can make a decision. The job would start in August and we would need to sell our home in Eastern NC and buy another one in Western NC. I would love to live out there, but am a little scared of moving to a smaller place due to the fact that here I have access to excellent medical care, and there it would be a drive to get the same standard of care. I tend to worry, so please pray that God would give me peace about moving if he accepts the position. Other than the medical care issue, I would love to relocate to a drier, cooler climate. I just need to keep reminding myself that where His finger points, His hand provides.

Have a lovely day Sisters! Loving each of you...

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2012

Rocket:  Offering prayers that you and DH make the decision that works best for you.  I spend the summers in Hendersonville, NC, near Asheville, and the medical care there is surprisingly good.  I was actually dx with my bc last summer in NC, but ended up having surgery in Fl where my kids are.

If you decide to move west, you will certainly find the climate and people to be wonderful!  We love it there. 

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Rocket!! I am lifting you and your husband right now in prayer!!! These decisions are always challenging, but just knowing that Our Lord is on your side and wants only the best for you is so comforting!!! Please keep us posted!!!!

• patoo
    edited March 2012

Rocket, sending up prayers as you try and discern the Lord's will for you and DH.  We know it all works out; it's the journey getting there, the unknown, that keeps us on edge.  Blessings.

JO-5, surprise, surprise, got a call from primary office today to go back in to see the MD!  I'm guessing she reviews the PA's patient notes and decides if she needs to bring the patient back in. So I'll be going in tomorrow morning so she can see the rashes and swelling.  I really don't think she'll want to do anything differently but at least she's concerned enough to want me back.  Good thing because I don't get 'attached' to doctors so was toying around with the idea of getting a new primary - someone about 74 years old as he probably would not have a PA!  Ahhh, the good old days.

• Rocket
    edited March 2012

Hey Gals,

Thank you so much for the prayers. We still need them. They are still working out the salary amout and one of the administrators is in South America with very limited access to email. Ugh! I am not a patient waiter! Meanwhile, I am taking care of my two Goldemdoodles, one of which is a puppy, and my sister's two new Maltipoo puppies. My house is like a doggie daycare right now. I told her that if we have to move, she will need other arrangements so I can show my house to get it sold. I'm also still taking my mom to all of her doctor appointments and caring for my granddaughter a couple of days a week. I am worn out! My arm is still in a lot of pain, so I haven't been at my job in almost a month now. Please keep praying for me. I really need it right now. I hope we have an answer soon on DH's job offer salary.

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Rocket, you have alot on your plate right now!!! I am sure that as soon as one decision is made, salary for your husband, everything will fall into place, as always in Our Lord's timing!!! You have such a strong and unwavering faith!!! He knows this and is smiling down at you!!!! Please know that as you are going through this, you are being lifted up in prayer daily!!!!

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Rocket, you have alot on your plate right now!!! I am sure that as soon as one decision is made, salary for your husband, everything will fall into place, as always in Our Lord's timing!!! You have such a strong and unwavering faith!!! He knows this and is smiling down at you!!!! Please know that as you are going through this, you are being lifted up in prayer daily!!!!

• Rocket
    edited March 2012

Thank you Ladies so much! You are always faithful to pray and lift me up. I never doubt your love and compassion for your sisters in Christ. I am thankful for and love each of you.

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2012

Haven't been on here in a long while.  Just catching up. 

Rocket ... the good Lord will point the way ... Hendersonville is where one of my sisters moved to from the DC area - small world.  I'm sorry you are experiencing such pain.  My prayers go out to you for some relief.

Jo-5 ... that is awful to be violated by a robbery.  Can you believe there was a time when people did not lock their doors!  How times have changed.  I am so happy you were not home at the time and that you and DH are safe.

Patoo ... prayers for your pain and a quick resolution.

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Wow, Jo- 5 , Your faith is so strong and unwavering as well. Prayers are coming your way, that is never happens again. Thank you Lord, that none of you were hurt, how is your daughter doing?

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Jo-5, so sorry!!!!! What I meant was that even though as humans we may not be strong, our faith can remain strong and intact as we rely On Him to take care of us in our weakened moments!!! You are our biggest cheerleader and I really admire you!!!!!! I hope that makes sense, because I know what you mean!!!! Cancer brought me to my knees and my faith also wavered, but I knew He would not give up on me!!!!! Hooray, hooray, for a great mammogram. Blessings to you!!!! Kathy

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012

JO-5

• Kaara
    edited March 2012

Jo-5:  Yes, Congratulations!!

• patoo
    edited March 2012

Yes JO-5 that's good news.

Rocket, still praying that you will hear something soon and your plate will become lighter.  Take care of yourself.

Blessings to you all.

• Rocket
    edited March 2012

Well we are moving to western NC! I can't believe it! I'm both excited and a little scared. I have moved many times, but it's still a big ordeal. I am a lot older now too. Pray for me.

• Kaara
    edited March 2012

Rocket:  Congratulations!  I think you will love it once you get settled.  Where in western NC are you moving?  We spend the summers in Hendersonville, outside of Asheville.  It's beautiful and the mountains are so peaceful and spiritual!  I really feel closer to God when I'm there.

I will pray for you and send you positive thoughts to get you through this new challenge in your life. 

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Rocket, Congratulations!!!!! Prayers are coming your way, hope everything goes smoothly!!! Have a very blessed day!!!!

• patoo
    edited March 2012

YAY Rocket.  You will be fine.  Just another one of God's blessings and choices for you and DH. 

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Rocket, I forgot to also tell you that I hope your pain eases as well, so that planning for your move is easier. May each day bring you more and more blessings!!!

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012

Rocket .. congratulations!  I pray your move goes smoothly and you conquer the pain.  Moving is so stressful but at the same time a new adventure.  Best of luck!

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Good morning, my Sisters in Christ, We just found out that we are having a granddaughter!!! We would all love prayers for a healthy baby girl and that the rest of Liz's pregnancy goes well. She is due August 8th. We have been blessed!!! Hope all is well with you all. I am so glad that I come here for prayer, all for the Glory of God. Thank you, Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012
    Dear Jo-5, I can not believe that you are a great Granny, wow, you seem younger that SpringtimeWink!!!!!! thank you for the happy wishes and I will wear my armor with pride, thank you for this beautiful scripture. When I taught Kindergarten, our favorite song was:"We are in the Lord's Army." Have a very blessed rest of the day and evening!!!!! Hugs!!! Kathy
  • Kaara
    edited March 2012

Congratulations Kathy! Those little grands are so precious...it's what I live for...to see their happy little faces light up when they see me.  They love so unconditionally at that age!  Have fun buying those little girly dresses.  I had one DD and three DS's then I was blessed with five DGD's and on DGGD!

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Jo-5 and Kaara!!!!! You two wonderful grandma's and great-grandma's will be my counselors as this will be my first grandchild. Hope you both don't mind if I ask you advice from time to time!!!!!!!Smile Blessings and Hugs, Kathy

• Kaara
    edited March 2012

The best of all is you can love and spoil them and then send them home to mom and dad.  When I keep them, I get all kinds of instructions on what I should do, etc.  When the parents leave, I do exactly as I please!  The grands never tell...hehe!

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Kaara, love the idea of spoiling them and then sending them homeWink Have a very blessed day!!!!
  • kmccraw423
    edited March 2012

Congratulations to all on your grand and great grand kids.  Since I never had children I can pretty much say I don't think I'll have grandchildren!  However, anyone in our family that has a child I automatically adopt as a great aunt!

Listen, I am going to ask for your prayers to "soften the heart" of one of my cousins.  First, you should know that my uncle and I are three months apart in age (that's right, my grandmother and mother were pregnant at the same time).  So my uncle is more like my brother.  He has two sons that I think of as nephews (not first cousins).  They each of two children - all four are absolutely adorable.  There is a parcel of land the two boys are fighting over.  The oldest son has decided to "punish" his parents for not leaving this property entirely to him has decided not to see his parents and, the most devastating news, not to let his children see their grandparents.  His parents are not welcome in his home, their Christmas presents were returned and his children are not allowed to visit their grandparents.  This is so sad for our family and heartbreaking for his parents.  The only way I can see out of this is for everyone to pray for the Lord to soften his heart and realize that family always comes first.

His son called his grandmother recently and asked her to ask his uncle to sign over the land so that he could come see her.  My heart just broke.