Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2019

Nancy, you have been in my prayers this week and especially today. I hope they got the image and biopsy they needed to give you only good news. Please God this turns out to be of no concern. I’m so sorry this has been such a tough month for you and hope you will be able to rest and restore now.

I’m sorry I’ve not responded sooner but things have been busy since one of our grandsons from Ohio has been here visiting on spring break. It was really good to see him and catch up on things. He’s becoming quite a mature young man, a full time junior in college and also working full time to pay for school and getting all A’s. We are very blessed and proud to have such great grandchildren. Another grandson of ours who is on the spectrum left on Wednesday for a college semester of four months in Japan. He has come so far since we first had his diagnosis, it’s hard to believe. I’d appreciate prayers for his safety and good health while he is there.

Jean, so glad to hear your lump was only scar tissue. It’s awful the worry we go through when you’ve had cancer. It never seems to go away.

Love and prayers,

Faith.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited March 2019

Faith, I am glad you got to have a nice visit with your grandson. Obviously for a grandson to spend time with his grandparents must mean he thinks you are both pretty special!!! How great that your grandson is going to spend time in Japan. That is awesome and he obviously is doing very well with his diagnosis. Praying that his four months will be a great experience for him. Thank you for your prayers.

Teka, thank you. Are you coming up for air from all of that spring cleaning? Remember, I am still hoping you will come and do that at my houseWinking.

I hope all of you have a great weekend. I got a good night's sleep and hopefully will be able to rest and have some nice distractions from the warfare that is going on in my head. I can't do much so I will probably have a Netflix binge in there somewhere! I know God is able and His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited March 2019

Nancy, so glad to hear you had a good nights sleep, that is so important. A Netflix binge sounds like just the right thing to take your mind off things. Praying your results this week will be good.

Ladies, I’m asking again for prayers for my dear friend Sue who is having stem cell replacement. She is having an awful time with the side effects from the massive chemo. She can’t keep anything down including needed medication and now has a fever. Thankfully, no pneumonia though. Thanks for your prayers.

Love and prayers for all of you,

Faith.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2019

Faith, praying for Sue. Lord, I ask that you would give Sue a special healing touch so that she can manage these horrible side effects from this chemo. I pray that after she gets through this process that you will give her many more years of life on this earth as a result of this stem cell replacement.

Teka, I wish I would have time to do some spring cleaning but with my visit to my Mom's and my PT and myriad other apts I knew I would have some time in April. Hoping that will still happen. You will have to show us a pic after the crocuses come up. Just seeing any green now is always a plus after a long hard winter. I have daffodils that have grown so fast I can't believe it. They will be blooming soon but today it looked like it was spitting snow when I was in the car. Sigh. They can be pretty hardy even though if it is too cold they end up hanging their poor little heads.

I am having some GI issues so I am off to the drugstore to get some meds.

Take care dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited March 2019

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2019

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Amen Joanne.

This banner is to the Lord. I know He is with me every step of the way in this long journey. It is to all of my dear bc sisters as well. I appreciate all of you more than you know. This green and black butterfly is called a Malachite. I have real pics of it but I cannot pick up my laptop yet as it is quite heavy to share a real pic of it. I do most of my emailing and messaging on my laptop so I know I am behind on those things. I am on my desktop now which is upstairs.

Enjoy this week.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2019

Nancy, so glad your biopsy at least is over and the Lord's hand was definitely on that. I know His mighty hand will also be upon whatever is to follow.

Jean, thanking the Lord for your news.

Joanne, good advice and encouragement for Nancy.

Thank you who prayed for our doctor trip. Unfortunately - yet fortunately - it didn't happen. As we were about to go out the door the VA called to say they'd cancelled it because the doctor "called in". At first we were bummed, but then we both came down with the intestinal bug, so it was a blessing instead. Have had it a week now. but it's better. They said they can't reschedule to get him into the hour away clinic for THREE months! So we opted to go to the 3 hour away clinic and got in on the 19th. I have an eye doctor appointment there on that day too but it will be a ten hour day for us. (Yet another reason to relocate.)

I was up another 2 hours in the middle of the night so you're all prayed for. I don't mind the loss of sleep. This is a BLESSED quiet time with the Lord and it is a privilege to lift all of you and much more up to the Lord.

Blessings on your day and peace to your soul,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Dear sisters,

Would you pray for my Mom. It sounds like she had a mini stroke. I screen my calls and didn't pick up on this call which was from the nurse from her facility. She called me on her cell phone as the night CNA had called her.

I called my sister who is going to quickly go over and check on my Mom before they lock the doors at 9PM.

I need peace for sure as my faith has been stretched to the limit already.

Ade, I'm sorry you both have had intestinal issues. I hate it that you have to travel so far to get to your medical apts. I too have had intestinal issues but I have done a considerable amount of carry out which is not good for me so I that is more my issue than anything.

I am sorry you have been losing sleep but glad that you have had some good quiet time with the Lord. Thank you for your faithful prayers for all of us.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Joanne. You posted as I was getting ready to post this. I think God wants us to know that He is stronger than the evil one.

I found this online which I wanted to share because it has so many great resources at your fingertips for all of us as we face the battles of this life. The prayer at the bottom is not mine but I felt covered all what we need.

The enemy will always lure us towards panic and worry if we focus on all that's wrong in this world. And even when we know Truth and believe that God's in control, there can be a lot in this life we might start to feel anxious about. It can still be a daily battle in our hearts, in our minds. Because when we just keep looking all around, we will easily get defeated and lose strength.

Drained. Impatient. Or cynical.

Fear creeps in. We lose our focus because we're so distracted by all the things that can never really give us strength and hope anyway. God alone can offer us confident peace that can never be found in this life without Him. Choosing today, to set my eyes on Him. For if He made all of heaven and earth, surely He has a Sovereign, incredible plan, for you and for me. He knows our way in this journey of life, and He's a "with us" God. These 25 Scriptures will breath life and strength into your soul when you're facing uncertain and shaky times. Memorize these Bible verses to stand strong and remind yourself that God loves you.

25 Verses for Strength in Shaky Times

1. Psalm 46:1-2 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…" Psalm 46:1-2

2. Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

3. Isaiah 59:19 "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." Isaiah 59:19

4. Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

5. Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him…" Nahum 1:7

6. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

7. Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

8. Deuteronomy 3:22 "Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you." Deuteronomy 3:22

9. Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper..." Isaiah 54:17

10. Habakkuk 3:19 "The Sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19

11. Philippians 4:8-9 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9

12. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

13. 1 Peter 5:8-10 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:8-10

14. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

15. 1 John 4:4 "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

16. John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

17. Numbers 6:24-26 The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

18. Genesis 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:20

19. Psalm 29:11 "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." Psa 29:11

20. Ephesians 6:10-12 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12

21. Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17

22. Psalm 91:1-2 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!'" Psa 91:1-2

23. Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

24. Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

25. Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Choosing today to rely on His help not to "worry about anything," but instead "pray about everything." May His Spirit help us to guard our hearts and minds in Him.

Peace.

A Prayer for Uncertain Times

Dear God,

You remind us in Your word that we never have to give way to fear and worry in this life. The enemy would love for us to get stuck there, but you've given us the keys to move past his lies and step over his traps. Thank you for the powerful weapons of prayer and your word. Thank you for setting us free through Christ's gift on the cross. Thank you for your Spirit that dwells within us even now and gives us peace. You assure us that you're constantly with us, no matter what we face in our lives, or in this world. When all seems shaky and uncertain, we choose to look to you. We know that you alone are Sovereign and you hold all things in your hands. We trust you even when we can't see what you're doing. We know you will make a way for us, where there seems to be no way. We're confident and secure in you alone, for you are our Rock and Refuge, a very present help in trouble. Help us not to be easily swayed by headline news stories or defeat and discouragement. Strengthen our spirits, from deep within, so that we can walk in your freedom, truth, and peace today. You are greater than anything we face here in this world, and we believe that no weapon formed against us will prosper. Raise up a barrier and defense around our lives dear Lord, protect us and keep us close to you.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen.

• ade
    edited April 2019

Beautiful, Nancy, I will print that out and share it.

Praying for your mom tonight and for peace for you and Joanne too.

Sending hugs to all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

An FYI to some of you. My email is down. I have internet but not email. This is unusual. My neighbor got me a few groceries today so that is helpful. I just can't lift heavy things yet and I'm being very cautious about infection. I have a feeling I have had an intestinal bug after talking with my neighbor. I am still having issues. I have been sitting by the phone in hopes that possibly my radiologist would call. I know my surgeon said to call him on Wed but I am still hoping maybe I will get a call today. I need to go vote and don't want to miss a call if I can help it. It feels as if time has stood still. I am sure you can all relate.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

I was finally able to open up the email from my sister. My Mom's primary doctor wanted to see her so they are probably at the doctor's as I type.

I called the nurse that was on my post biopsy sheet to see if any results are in and she said they are still processing it. She did say they should definitely have something tomorrow which that is what my surgeon said. I am going to hang out here until 4:30 when the nurse leaves and if I don't here anything I will go vote. They have said they are not allowed to leave messages on voice mail as to biopsy results. Okay, Joanne, I know you think I am crazy. I just hope I don't run into anyone I know because I may go "au naturale" (without makeup).

Joanne, I won't report you to the voting police!!!! Thank you for your prayers.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2019

Thank you Nancy, for all of the inspiring verses work in the midst of all you are going through. They mean so much. I have been praying for your mom and sister, and you as you wait on your end both for the results of your mom and you. Waiting is so hard.

I go out without makeup if all I do is pick up my granddaughter. She runs to me whether I have makeup on or not. Oh if we all had the purity and innocence of children.

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited April 2019

Hi ladies,

I read your posts but haven't been able to respond until now. We are on an anniversary trip to the Outer Banks (NC) and believe me, I did some praying a few minutes ago. There is a low pressure system forming off the coast, and I just became Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel. We are on the third floor of a hotel and I was grabbing door frames and window sills to keep my balance trying to get to the steps. In all my years dealing with hurricanes I have NEVER been as scared and helpless. When we parked the car, the wind began to rock our car. The Lord was really looking out after us. Saying a prayer for the poor folks on the bridges and roadways around here, trying to get somewhere and those further north that will be affected

Praying that all of you are able to keep the devil and his nastiness away. His tool of discouragement is one of the hardest things to fight. Thank you Lord for your love, mercy and grace!

Nancy, praying your mother is ok, and that your sister has been able to take care of concerns. And I know this waiting for results of your biopsy is so difficult too.

Saw a picture on Facebook today of the little 4 yr old we know ringing the bell after finishing his last chemo treatment. Cancer is a cruel disease, affecting any age. Don't know what his next treatments will be but he has had nodules in his lungs disappear, needing no surgery. Prayers heard!

God is in charge...and He loves us all so much. This wind and rain I'm hearing is a reminder of His power over sin and disease...Hallelujah!

Love, Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Chris. I did go to vote with only lipstick ( and clothes Winking)and of course the first person helping with voting is one of my former band parents who knows me.

Ellen, praying for protection for both of you. What a way to celebrate your anniversary. I bet it will be one you never forget. I hope you can have some time of enjoyment in the midst of all of this storm. I am clueless. I didn't realize there was a hurricane forming. I have not seen any news today.

I have heard nothing from my sister or from the radiologist so hopefully tomorrow on my biopsy and tonight from my sister.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited April 2019

Nancy, thank you for posting those wonderful bible verses. Most of them have spoken to me in times past and now. I've been praying that you get good results tomorrow and there won't be anything to worry about or any delay in getting the report. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I just now read the news and will be praying for both her and your sister as she deals with all this. That devil has sure been working overtime in your life lately, he must know how much God loves you and how you spread His word to us.

Dear friends, it’s late and I'm tired after our choir practice tonight so I can't address all your concerns but I will keep them all in my prayers. We still need prayers for my friend Sue, who now has a UTI infection, still can't keep anything down and her hair is beginning to fall out. Please ask God to heal her so she can leave the hospital and give her the strength she needs to go home and recover fully. Thank you all!

Love and prayers,

Faith.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Faith for your prayers. Yes, timing on all of these challenges and the fact they just keep coming and overlapping sounds like the enemy working overtime.

My Mom went to the doctor and he didn't chose to do any tests on her but she appears fine. I don't know if my sister realized the seriousness of this and how a major stroke could follow or not. I know she had a very long day and having to be with my mom in a waiting room situation for any length of time because it is very stressful and it was today for my sister.

I have prayed several times for Sue. She is experiencing what I fear I may have to face so I can really empathize with her. I am praying that after going through all of this suffering that in the end it will give her a good quality of life after the arduous process is over.

I just hope there will be no more delays tomorrow in getting my biopsy results because I think I may explode if there is!!!!! Not in anger but in a total meltdown.

Thank you for your continued prayers for me, my mom and my sister.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

I just called my surgeon as he directed to get results. They have to get back to me so more waiting!!!!!!!

If it is good news you will probably all here me shouting from the rooftops.

Love,

Nancy

• mysticalcity
    mysticalcity Member Posts: 184
    edited April 2019

Nancy,

My house (my husband, son and I) has been praying for you by name every day since your initial callback. We pray every day for everyone else on these forums--but certain days we pray for certain people by name depending on what they have going on. Holding you close in prayer for peace and good news.

Jeanne

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Jeanne. The tension is mounting for sure. I just put in a call to the nurse from radiology and probably everyone is in clinic now. I keep thinking that either they don't have results yet or no news is good news. I thought that way back on March 18 when I wasn't hearing anything from my initial mammogram so that theory didn't hold true. It is such a gorgeous and warm day which we have not had many of those. The call back number is my landline so you know what that means. Thank you SO much for your prayers. I will not lie. This has been difficult as the wait time increased. I need to change my view to God and not the what ifs.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Jeanne, I have to ask you about your Cryotherapy. What are your thoughts on this treatment if you don't mind me asking.

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

I am bawling right now but tears of joy and relief. I don't cry easily so I need this release.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for your prayers.

It is BENIGN. I have been demoted to mammograms every 6 mos again but I don't care.

Thank you all so much for supporting me. I live alone (with Cammie, my cat) with no family near me so you have been and are my special bc family.

Love,

Nancy

B9 Music to my ears!!!!!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2019

Nancy, praising God for this amazing news and celebrating right along with you!

Image result for celebration

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Chris. When someone now shares they are having a scan I am going to be very in tune with their emotions more so than ever before.

Joanne, I think you covered all of the bases. I bought my own tombstone the summer I had finished treatments. I was able to design it with the help of my niece who is a graphic artist. It is a rose colored heart shape stone with trumpet angels on the front and on the back is part of the 150th Ps. Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. That part of the tombstone faces the little drive going through this very small country cemetery. I wanted the stone to show my love of God and music. That was before I was totally bitten by the photography bug.

I have been having some severe stabbing pains in my breast. I am hoping this is normal. They said twinges could be expected. This just started about an hour ago. I don't think the enemy is very happy right now!!!!!!

The 1 Peter 5:8-10 really stood out to me in all those verses I shared the other night. The phrase "after you have suffered a little while" makes me realize that our emotions cause us great suffering at times and that is okay. God did not build us to be robots but humans with a great capacity to feel the gamut of emotions. It is okay to not feel okay. God said he is made strong in our weakness and I definitely was feeling that especially the last few days. Now I am feeling very vulnerable and could cry at the drop of a hat. I may not go out in public for awhile!!

Take care dear sisters.

I about forgot the reason I opened this up to begin with. The other night I watched the documentary called Amazing Grace. I think it was on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I am sure many have heard the story of this hymn but if you want to look it up this amazing hymn was written out of terrible pain and loss. Here is the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJ6wQpLmuo

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2019

HALLELUJAH ~*~ PRAYERS ANSWERED!!! Praising the Lord with you right now, Nancy!!!! God is SO good!

Praying for your mom, that no ill results have happened and no more will.

Joanne - keeping you and ALLLL of the issues known and unknown lifted up.

Praying for ease of side effects and divine healing for Sue, peace for her family.

Ellen, may the Lord bless you on your anniversary trip and keep you safe.

I'm having pain in my armpit (THE side), my thumb joint (CMC) and my 2 arthritic lumbar vertebrae. Would love some relief from the Lord as there's SO much to do getting this house ready to sell. I was really ill yesterday but better today.

I wanted to share last night's sunset with you ladies. Boy I will miss those when we move.

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Ade, thank you. Your sunset pic is gorgeous. Praying that you can get some relief from your pain and your illness. Moving is such a big task and praying that you can take it one step at a time.

Joanne, LOL. Love the Charlie Brown crew. You have a twin in the center. LOL You are in perfect sync. You should take up synchronized swimming. LOL Thank you. Happy.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2019

Praise The Father! Praise Jesus! Nancy, so happy for you! And continued prayers for your mom's health and wellness.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thanks Hershey. Thanks for prayers for my Mom as well.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited April 2019

Praising God with you Nancy and everyone else here that prayers were answered and it was benign. I'm so sorry you had to go through such an awful long time of waiting and worry. You mentioned something earlier I have to address. When you said you were praying for my friend Sue and thinking you might be facing that terrible ordeal she's going through, it made me realize the terrible fear so many people have of this disease. I have to tell you and others here, especially those just lurking in the background that there is “life after stage 4" as the title of a thread on the forum states. I believe that there’s a cure coming for metastatic breast cancer with the new drugs being discovered all the time. I think the Ibrance that I was on is just the beginning. These new drugs are also not nearly as toxic either. Many doctors think this will someday be managed like a chronic illness such as diabetes.

I think I’m probably a good example of that. I was on Ibrance and femara for about 18 months and then we stopped the Ibrance and I’ve only been on the Letrozole (Femara) for about two years. My last scan showed no tumor left in my lung and my tumor markers are normal. I know that’s great news but I’m realistic that the Cancer can raise its ugly head again. When that happens, I will probably go back on the Ibrance again which is not a walk in the park but not terrible either. I believe I can live with it for a long time. In the end, however, it’s all in God’s hands as we know.

Ok, I’ll get off my soapbox now and I hope I haven’t offended anyone but I just felt I needed to give some hope to those facing the possibility of a cancer returning and take away some of the fear that I know is all too real when it happens to us.

Jo, thank you for all those beautiful praise verses.

Ade, thank you for that beautiful sunset, and I pray your pains go away. For what it’s worth, I get pain in my armpit on The Side too. I believe it’s just one more thing we deal with. “ Cancer, the gift that keeps on giving.”

Love and prayers for everyone,

Faith (in the future).