Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited April 2019

Joanne, what precious babies. Michelle is a miracle and I do pray that she will still be able to regain some of what has not come back. Easter blessings indeed.

Chris, what an adorable miracle as well. Such a sweet pic.

Thank you both for sharing your little ones with us.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

As we enter the most Holy days of our Christian faith let us reflect on what all of these events means

to us personally and what Christ's death and resurrection means to the world and what is our part in this.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Amen Joanne.

Jesus own disciples thought they had deserted him. In our period of trial and doubt and in the darkest hours just like the followers of Christ when they were at their darkest hour, God was working behind the scenes as He is for you and me and preparing an ending/beginning which no one expected. Hang on to Jesus because He has already paid the price for us in our sin, weakness and doubt.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

These words were spoken to Peter when he initially refused to have Jesus wash his feet, and that time before His impending death on the cross. These words as in many parts of the Bible relate on many levels. They certainly relate to each of us as we cannot at times fully understand why we have to suffer with cancer. Why does the world seem to be spinning out of control? Why do our own lives seem to be doing just that? If we can remain quiet and turn off the noise of the world and our own minds we can hear Jesus whispering to us "You don't understand now what I am doing but someday you will." That day before Sunday was a crucial time for Jesus followers. They were scared for their own lives and I am sure that they feared that they had wasted their time and energy following the wrong person. Their perceived King was now dead and what was to become of them. They were devastated and their faith was shattered I would imagine. Have we found ourselves in that same place when we could not see the Lord working in our situation? Where was He? Why am I going through this? Have you deserted me? We have the knowledge that the disciples did not have even though Jesus hinted at what was to happen but they did not understand. We have God's living word and promises from the New Testament that He will never leave or forsake us. Sometimes we know that in our minds but maybe not in our hearts. That is the beauty of what comes tomorrow.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2019

He is risen. Have a blessed Easter precious ladies. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

We get to experience the resurrection of Jesus every day in our hearts. Praise the Lord for HE HAS RISEN!!!!

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2019

HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Thank you ladies, for the beautiful words, scriptures and banners!

May the Lord bless your hearts as you remember what He did for us all.

Ade

• ade
    edited April 2019

Perfect, Joanne. Thank you!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Joanne, I love that verse 4.

Ade, how are things with you and James?

Have a good weekend dear sisters. We are getting snow soon. Yeah, I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2019

Joanne, that prayer is perfect - one for ALL of us! Thank you.

Sorry about your snow, Nancy. Will winter never give up? Are you feeling any better?

We had our ac on yesterday and it is to hit 91 today (in APRIL!) We finally got a GOOD rain plus a lot of pea sized hail the other night. Maggie always goes into panic mode at the least sign of lightning or thunder, which fortunately is not that often here. When we get back to Ohio again we're in for a LOT of sleepless nights I'm afraid. We have some natural "calmer-downer" pills but they aren't very effective. We finally closed her into the utility room with music on and the light on. It isn't just cat owners who have difficult animals. Maggie still has her heavy long winter coat and really needs groomed but she is just AWFUL when groomed! She screams like a banshee when you just LOOK at her toenails, let alone brush her! I am thinking we will have to get her a vet prescribed sedative to get her groomed this time, though I hate to drug her. Anyone have a better answer for us? Our friend says that "thunder shirts" don't work very well either.

Long story short, we are applying for a mortage for our house to pay off the credit cards we had to run up to just move into it after our first builder stole our money. The loan will also allow us to finally finish the work so we can put it on the market and relocate (return) to Ohio. The final hoop to jump through - and there were MANY - was to have photos taken of the house inside & out. For two days we worked like crazy to get it "presentable" enough for the pix. I mean deep cleaning that I had neglected, and organizing & pitching the 'stuff''. After the first day I was sore and SO exhausted I could hardly walk - literally! (Doesn't take much anymore!) Anyway I prayed for the Lord to strengthen me for the final day of work, as I didn't know HOW I could make it another day. Yesterday was a HARD day - but we DID it! The pix were taken by the bank and the lady complimented us on the house! We are to sign the closing on the loan Wednesday. I share this to testify of God's goodness in granting us the strength to do all we had to do. PRAISE THE LORD, for we can do all things through Christ Who strengthens us!

I am praying for you all ("ALL-y'all" as they say here)

Have a blessed weekend.

Ade

This is my fuzzy-wuzzy Aire-bear

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2019

Ade, shaggy Maggie is adorable! And what a sweet, happy face! I wish I had some "calmer-downer" suggestions, but I'm at a loss on that one. Our pups just had to grin-and-bear-it when it came to shaving and/or grooming. Such was life in the "old days."

Joanne, I agree with Ade. The prayer is perfect!

Nancy, I pray you are feeling better and will be safe and warm during the spring storm.

Faith, I completely understand your need to pull back from the message boards. I've had to take a break myself.

My recent scan revealed scarring in my left lung, most likely from radiation. I'm feeling a bit discouraged, but my ONC doesn't seem too concerned about it. I see her in another 6 months for my regular check-up.

Prayers of comfort and strength to everyone.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Thank you Joanne for that banner. Praying for you and your reaction to the meds.

Ade, congratulations on getting your house nice and clean for the realtor pics. That HAS to feel good. I am slowing taking back my house from seeming chaos from all the stuff going on. Today is cleaning day for me. The weather is not good so I have no excuse. I know you have such a financial burden and I am glad to hear that things are falling into place to pay off debt.
    I will post some pics later. My swimming and camera time are both gifts from God to me now more than ever.
    My plan is to leave for my Mom's on May 9 for a three week visit. I would really covet your prayers that I can become much stronger emotionally before that time as I know lots of stress will be waiting for me there. My Mom's teeth are falling out at an alarming rate and I have NO idea what we are going to do at this point. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$????????????????????
    Take care dear sisters. I know we are ALL going through stuff that is hard and my prayer for each of you is that God would shine His face on each of you as you walk in His purpose and plan for you. Seek His wisdom and guidance in all things.
    Love,
    Nancy

Isaiah 40:29-31 New International Version (NIV)

29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
    30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
    31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Ade, I could not see your post when I posted but I had read it earlier. I see it was the bank taking pics and not a realtor. Poor Maggie. She is a cutie. I have Cammie shaved because her hair gets in the way when she has to do #2. The vet has to sedate her and I hate but it is our reality. It is expensive and I am sure hard on her but I try to do it when she has to have her shots. I am probably going to have to do it soon before her shots. I use pheromone plug ins at home for Cammie and they really work for her as a sedation. I buy them on Amazon. I am willing to bet they have something like that for dogs as well. Hope you can rest up this weekend.

Hershey, I hope that scar tissue will not be anything serious. Believe me I DO understand your concern. My sister contracted this strange disease years ago from bird droppings and it effected her lungs. She has quite a bit of scar tissue and when her pcp (who didn't know this history) did a scan recently he thought it was cancer and was very relieved to find out it was only scar tissue. I have to have another mammogram in Sept due to the scar tissue and I do understand your concern. I think we all know that cancer is the gift that just keeps on giving.

I must get to my cleaning. Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Amen, Joanne.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Teka, I hope you both feel much better soon. Praying for you both. Love your toad pics. I will share some reptile pics I just got a few days ago. I have NEVER seen these at this place before. They were everywhere on these muskrat hills.

I wonder who does her nails????????????

• gkbuser
    gkbuser Member Posts: 300
    edited April 2019

Sorry for going AWOL ladies! I have just been super busy. My youngest daughter signed up for track. She is throwing shot-put and discus, so between practices and meets we have been pretty busy. I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday helping my husband lift the grill back onto the deck. So, trying to take it easy today, because I am scheduled to work tomorrow and it needs to get way better by then. I am toying with the idea of taking a sick day tomorrow, but they are always so short of nursing help I would feel guilty doing that.

Faith, I prayed for your friend Sue.

Bandwoman, did you get the ultrasound and results? I was trying to go back and read messages that I missed, but I couldn't see anything. I am so sorry you deal with chronic pain. Prayed for no recurrence and God's peace.

-Krista

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2019

Joanne, knowing God is walking with us in the valley provides strength and hope. When our view is blocked by the mountains that surround us, knowing He can see above them for us makes all the difference. Thank you for your post.

Ade, I continue to pray God moves this financial mountain for you. Our battle belongs to the Lord.

This is for us all...

1. He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
      He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
      To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
      To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
    2. When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
      When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
      When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
      Our Father's full giving is only begun.
    3. Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
      Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
      Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
      The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
    4. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
      His power no boundary known unto men;
      For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
      He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again. (Annie J. Flint)
    Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2019

Krista, I prayed for your back and I hope it is just a temporary muscle strain. Good luck to your daughter on her track team. I did that for one summer back in the horse and buggy days. lol

You asked about my results. I did have to have a biopsy and I am not sure why it took sixteen days from the mammogram to getting results but it did. The last several days of that process were NOT fun. When I found out it was benign I hung up the phone and bawled. Unfortunately the 5yr out celebration never took place because I ended up with an emotional downward spiral and have been on the verge of tears since April 3. I am seeing a social worker that works in the oncology dept and that has been helpful. So I am not good and I was very angry initially which is not my usual self. I don't claim to understand any of this but am trying to seek God in this awful journey and hopefully I will come out the other end much stronger.

Joanne, I posted that video for you since you told me you had tried several times and it didn't work. Hopefully this will. Interesting that one of the ushers at church who we have had a special connection and I have shared with him in the past said those very words to me about footprints in the sand. I finally was brutally honest with myself and God and have expressed it to some close friends. I asked God where was He those few days when fear had overtaken my whole being. I could not feel peace and I prayed and claimed verses. I KNEW He would never leave me or forsake me but I had a spiritual crises for a few days. I still don't quite understand what He is doing with me but I know that He is the potter and I am the clay and if He is going to use me I need to be pliable in His hands. I know He has told me He wants me to go deeper with Him. At church Sunday the sermon was as if it was written and preached to me. It was unbelievable some of the very words I spoke to this usher before the service came out in the sermon. The preacher used my special verse I print on my photo cards now of Romans 8:28. The whole sermon was on that verse. So if there are some days I don' t post it is because I am not in a place where I can pour into others when I need pouring into myself.

Chris I know you know what I mean and probably anyone reading this as well. God bless you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mHL1nYWQBQ

• gkbuser
    edited May 2019

Nancy, I'm so sorry about the emotional downward spiral darn it! This whole journey really stinks. But you're doing the right thing seeking out God. I sometimes feel that way too! I have to constantly remind myself that it is unlikely to return. And, if it does for some reason God's in control

Love and hugs

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited May 2019

I have many prayer rquest this morning if I could call on all you ladies. My FIL was moved to Hospice last week the time is drawing near. Please pray for a peaceful passing for him. He has suffered with Parkinson for many years and he fell 2 weeks ago and fractured his hip and this is just to much for his tired body to deal with. Pray for peace for my DH and his brother (brother flying in from Denver today) and FIL precious wife who has been his caregiver for many years now. Pray for strength for me I became very I'll Sunday night. I threw up nonstop from 10:30 Sunday night until 4:30 Monday morning. I either caught a stomach bug or food poisoning what ever it is it can leave as quickly as it came on! I have been to the doctor twice and now have a bacterial sinus infection from the reflux in my sinus cavity from throwing up so much. I have lost 6 pounds. My DD is having surgery tomorrow and I won't be able to help with the kids! Her BF and DH will gave to handle it all. I just want to cry nonstop! I have never been so sick in my entire life! Thank you for letting me unload here. I live a very private life in the real world and there's only a few people I can call on.

My God is good all the time no matter how big the storm

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited May 2019

Vargadoll, praying for you this morning that your sickness will clear and that God will give you peace during your family struggles. Sometimes it feels overwhelming--that's why we are here for you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Joanne, I am sorry for the loss of your cousin and sorry that another cousin is having a bad time with her bc dx. Thank you for the lyrics. The Peace Like a River gets me every time I hear it knowing it was written out of much personal tragedy. Thank you for the banner and your words. It is not easy being transparent with your life but that is the only way I know how to do it.

Chris, praying for your upcoming scans and for your back pain. Praying for peace in your wait time and relief from your pain.

Vargadoll, I have been praying for you since reading your post earlier. You are in a heavy storm right now with sickness when you want to be there for your DH and your DD. I pray that the Lord would rain down peace and healing on you so you can have the strength to deal with your heavy family issues now. God Bless you dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• gkbuser
    edited May 2019

Varga, So sorry you are going through all of that.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited May 2019

Joanne, your posts and banners are spot on. Thank you for writing and posting them.

Varga, I'm so sorry you are dealing with stomach illness. I hope things improve soon.

Nancy, I pray you are feeling better today and hope the sessions with the therapist continue to be beneficial.

Peace and comfort to you all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Thank you Joanne for the beautiful and meaningful lyrics and banners. Praying this spot will go away as I know that is a source of terrible concern. Praying your cousin who was dx with bc can be more relaxed when she knows what her treatment plan is. Praying for your loss of another cousin.

Krista, how is your back doing?

Varga, how are you feeling now? I sure hope you can regain your strength and going through such an awful time.

Chris, any back pain improvement?

Hershey, thank you. I had a very good session with the therapist today. She thinks once I stop my AI at the end of July I will probably feel much better. I finally came right out and said what is wrong with me. I was afraid to ask but needed to know. She said the medical term would be reactive depression. When I researched this i was actually encouraged that it may not be as long term as I was bracing for. How are you doing?

Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited May 2019

Joanne- the banner was just what I needed!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement! I dont have the brain function right now to say everything I want to. I'm sure you all understand unfortunately how I am feeling.

DD came through surgery ok. She is in quite a but of pain and they will probably keep her one more night. I was able to keep the toddler a few hours yesterday so her DH could rest before the 4 y/o got home from preschool. I was able to spend a few hours with my FIL and MIL yesterday. FIL isn't ready to let go yet. He's an amazing man. This all shall pass and there will be great joy in the morning. I have always loved the feeling of peace and joy in the early morning hours.

Prayers for all!

• ade
    edited May 2019

I posted a long heartfelt post yesterday and it has disappeared. Must not have meant to be there I guess.

Nancy, when I was on aromatase inhibitors (x3!) I mentally fell apart and just barely hung on spiritually. I was honest with my onc. and he recognized the quality of my life suffered greatly and he let me go off of it. Since then I have made a complete come back and praise the Lord for getting me through the darkest time of my life. You might, since you are so close to finishing anyway, talk with your onc. about discontinuing now. I would think that perhaps 2 months early after 5 years may not make that much difference, and it may not be worth continued suffering. Just a thought. Anyway we all continue lifting you up to the Lord.

Varga, I pray your well being and strength return quickly and the Lord will bring peace and healing for your loved ones' situations too.

Joanne, as always, your posts are so right on and minister to all of us. PEACE LIKE A RIVER/IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL has been going through my mind as well.

Thank you Christ for prayers & post on the 29th!

Blessings upon your day, dear sisters,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Vargadoll, glad you are better and good to hear your DD came through her surgery okay and that you felt well enough to help out.

This song has meant alot to me over the years and was especially helpful to me when my Dad died. It still ministers to me in all situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfwlj0gba_

Love

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited May 2019

My MO REFUSES to put me on AI's / Hormonals, even tho my tumor load (mets in brain,bones, organs) might be ok accepting that Tx, but she says they are a hellish nightmare for a lot of women, and she really doesn't want to subject to that.

Sometimes the stomach issues and bone pain get worse, and I certainly don't need that at this stage of the game.

L

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited May 2019

I agree, Jo. When I was first Dx'd they had me on the lowest dose of a common opioid pain med for only a few weeks, and I had to go iff cuz it jacked my liver and kidneys.

Dr told me to just go off cold turkey. It was awful. Had the shakes and couldn't sleep for days; thank God I wasn't on the more hard-core stuff for a longer period of time - I would have been even more miserable.

L