Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited May 2019

Jo, I was literally just messaging a friend to pray for me because my anxiety/scanxiety was making me sick when a screen popped up to alert me to this thread being updated and to your message!

God is so good..and you are right, he makes no mistakes.

God bless you!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited May 2019

Dear ladies,

I am leaving today and packing as fast I can to beat the rain. I didn't have time to post yesterday with two dr apts and a million other things to do. Lisa, my waiting on my results was the trigger to my reactive depression I have to deal with now so I can so understand your anxiety and will be praying for you and everyone else here who has GREAT needs.

I don't feel great. Head congestion worse today but had been better yesterday so go figure.

I will write when I can. Just a reminder when I am at my Mom's facility she doesn't have internet so my posting may be crazy times and erratic. Please pray I will have the emotional and physical strength for this visit. When I am feeling good it is always a challenge. Please pray for NO snakes to deal with.

Love,

Nancy

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited May 2019

I love MyChart. We get a heads up on tests and test results and pay our bills on that website as well. All your records are there to compare. Plus you can send messages to your doctor, etc. My doctor is diligent about responding. No more waiting for doctors to return your calls.

Diane

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2019

Joanne I can't pull up any records on my regular doctor's portal, and only limited on my onc's. The onc is supposed to forward to my regular doc but doesn't. :o( You have been on my mind and in my prayers.

Nancy - may the Lord BLESS you with safe travels, healing of your congestion and peace and strength, and NOOOO SNAKES! We pray for you even when you're absent and we do understand (I think you're pretty amazing actually!)

James WAS tiling the bathroom but now has a fever (oh no!)

Lord bless you all and grant you His peace and healing,

Ade

(I don't remember if I thanked you for the B-day wishes but THANK YOU!)

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited May 2019

Ade, sorry to hear about James' fever. I know how this worries you. I will continue to pray for the sale of your home and your move.

Jo...All of my tests get uploaded to the Kaiser portal as do the records from my visits. I like it that I can check past results and see trends. The only things that I cannot access are my scans and tumor markers. I guess every place does things differently. But I would definitely ask my onc (or the nurse) to post the records if allowed, or ask for back hard copies as that is your right. Let him know your request.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Hi dear ladies,

I am dropping in to say I made it to my Mom's house and had a very short visit since the trains on my way there are a PAIN. Big delay and it looks like this is the new norm for me. I am completely wiped out. My Mom's basement has water and apparently lots of rain here as the farmer's fields were standing in water. I have not had time to go downstairs with a flashlight and will not tonight. Can't deal with anything else now. As long as the water in not backing up it is par for the course.

Ade, praying that James fever will NOT last. Thank you for your prayers and nice words.

Diane, I agree that MyChart is the greatest thing since sliced bread but it sounds like there are different types. Our MyChart is with Epic. From my understanding it depends on your doctor on how quickly tests are released. Sometimes they are released BEFORE the doctors have had a chance to let you know. I went through several panics during pre treatments when scans were showing up all sorts of things in my body which MOST but not all were not significant.

I can compare blood work from previous years and that is very helpful for me watching certain things that have been of concern.

Joanne, how are those spots? Praying!!!

Lisa, praying for you in this awful wait time.

Chris, same for you as you wait for scans on the 16th if I am remembering right.

Ade, I love that banner from a few days ago. I heard a speaker recently say "Devil go hang yourself." I like that one too. LOL

Faith, praying you feel much better and as you prepare for family coming in that you can just relax and not feel more stress in preparing for them to come.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2019

Chris & Nancy thank you for prayers for James. I pray it is NOT the new shots that we THOUGHT were SE free.

Nancy I don't blame you for NOT going down in that basement at night. Praying it's not as bad as it seems tomorrow - and NO SNAKES! Rest up, Sister and get some good time in with your mom.

This makes me laugh out loud every time I see it - so knowing some of (MOST of) us NEED a little lightheartedness, I share it with you.

Blessings upon your sleep dear ladies,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Ade. LOL Looks like one of my old classmates. LOL Just kidding.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2019

I just read and prayed for all of you. Please pray for my daughter Angie. She's having a total knee replacement on Monday and the pre-surgical testing showed she had severe anemia. They gave her two blood transfusions and are going ahead on Monday with the surgery. Love, Jean

• ade
    edited May 2019

Jean, lifting Angie up in prayer now. May all go perfectly and the Lord grant you His peace.

Love,

Ade

• ade
    edited May 2019

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Cor. 1:3-4 ESV

Ade

• NeverForsaken
    edited May 2019

Joining in prayer for Angie~

I do have a patient portal, and really love having this tool. I am trying to stay off it though and not check every hour if the report is ready yet.

My family is getting together Sunday and then Monday I see my Oncologist. Also that day my daughter and her husband are coming to stay for a few days as they live in a different state.

So, I am praying I will know results before the weekend so I am not in this state of anxiety when the grandkids come here Sunday.

Today I must go get blood work done, so hopefully I will be distracted for awhile, and hopefully when I get home I can check the portal and have good news to share.

We have also been planning to attend a new church, which is stressful in itself, and I need to change Oncologists so that I can get my care closer to home since my husband works so many weird hours. I need to be independent since I have nobody to take me to every appointment. I made this decision over time, but knew it was right when I nearly got into an accident on my way home from the PET Tuesday. The drive is too long, and where we live the weather can be treacherous many months out of the year.

So, I guess I really need a lot of prayer for all of these issues going on at the same time. I am also an extreme introvert, so changing churches and doctors are huge stressors for me!

Whew, just writing about it gets my anxiety up there!

Forgot to mention..That funny little dog looks so much like our little Oliver!

Here he is yesterday, wearing my slipper! I did not put it on his foot, it was all him, lol!

• NeverForsaken
    edited May 2019

My Pet scan was clear!

Thanks again for your prayers, and I am so glad to be back on this forum again too.

• intolight
    edited May 2019

NeverForsaken, yahoo! Celebrating with you on a clear scan. Praise God!!! Now go and enjoy your family.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Jean, praying for your daughter, Angie.

Lisa, praise God for answered prayers for you.

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    edited May 2019

Jo, Praying that the spot will remain non-threatening. If it must remain there at all.

So admiring your courage and your faith through it all. Thank you for being such a faithful servant, always praying for everyone here.

Nancy, Thank you for the uplifting banners and beautiful images..such a delight for the weary soul!

Into..Thank you, you have such a light in you that comes from the Lord..And yes, I will go and enjoy my family this week!

And thanks to all who have prayed for me.

• FaithFilledGirl
    FaithFilledGirl Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2019

Happy Mother's Day Weekend, Ladies. God's many blessings to all this weekend as we thank our Lord for good Moms. :)

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

I will share the outside of the card I made for my Mom who is 93. Have a special day to all of you special Moms.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2019

Lisa - rejoicing with you over your test result! I am sure THAT made your weekend awesome, and made the other issues a bit less anxious too!

Nancy - LOVE LOVE LOVE that card photo and I'm positive she will too! Have a blessed time with your mom.

Mother's Day blessings to you all - whether you ARE one or HAVE one! ( I 'are' one, but mine is gone now.)

James had a fever again last night & rested yesterday - but feels compelled to work on the bathroom tile today. (MEN!) Tomorrow we honor the sabbath so he WILL rest! Thanks to those who prayed for him.

Hugs,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Hi dear ladies. I had to go to urgent care today. I really have not been well since getting to my Mom's. I made it through Mother's Day and my Mom enjoyed having my sister and I both there at the same time.

I am going to pick up meds now. Sinus infection more than likely. I think I am staying put today and then hopefully feel better to see my Mom tomorrow.

I would appreciate your prayers. I started getting sick on May 1 so I am ready to be well now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all had a good Mother's Day.

Ade, I hope James fever is gone. I understand that pushing yourself when you shouldn't.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited May 2019

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear you are still sick. I will increase my prayers that the meds work quick and you enjoy the rest of the time with your mom. You deserve a break!

My scan is on Thursday so I am trying not to get too anxious. Wednesday my DH and I are cleaning out our large storage bin--I will be sitting in a chair giving directions while a dear friend helps my DH and takes all of our extra furniture away. He is a great guy and a real answer to prayers, and I know his family will make good use of the furniture. We have wanted to do this for a long time but just do not have the energy or the ambition. Things don't mean much anymore so I won't miss any of it.

• ade
    edited May 2019

Chris, I pray your scan shows NO problems and that the Lord gives you His peace until then. I know what you mean by stuff having less meaning now. In preparation of moving we have given a LOT of stuff away, and I've listed much of it in my eBay store on auction for cheap too. It actually feels good to pare it all down to what's needed. We tend to get bogged down in possessions I think, and it is freeing to have less. Glad you're going to be the boss from a chair! :o)

Aw Nancy, I sure pray you get to feeling better. You have had a time of it lately haven't you. The Lord knows how you feel and He knows just what you need, so rest in His care.

James didn't have a fever last night - PTL!!! (Thank you for praying!) So of course he is working at laying tile in the master bath today. Praying he won't relapse now. We really need the work done, but he really needs to be well!

I am so tired today I can hardly put one foot ahead of the other, but I am getting things done that need done - just not very fast. Someday I will make a nice cup of tea, curl up in my chair and just READ! What a luxury!

Blessings and peace to you all,

Ade

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited May 2019

Warm spring greetings. We just got this bright yellow rose at the nursery today. It's called "Monkey Business" because of its bright banana yellow color. Need to plant something next to the fence to replace the other yellow rose we lost years ago, and to keep our 'Fatty Boy' Fat Albert Blue Spruce company.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Thank you for your prayers. I just talked to my Mom on the phone and I am sticking with staying home today and trying to rest up. This urgent care doctor was on this bandwagon of sleep testing. He was STRONGLY encouraging me to get a sleep test done when I get back. My new pcp mentioned that too a year ago and I have been putting it off. It is not like I don't have any other issues to deal with right now!!!!

Chris, we will have to call you the director. You know............... the director's chair!!! Glad you can do that from a chair and let the others do the heavy lifting. Praying that you will have good distractions until your scan on Thursday to take your mind off of it. Praying for peace and for good news. How is your back pain?

Ade, praying that you will have good rest tonight. Moving is a BIG task and paring down is a great feeling when you have finished but a ton of work in the process. I hope you can get some good sales from Ebay with your things. PTL that James fever is gone and praying it will stay that way.

Joanne, I wish someone could weigh in on the graft issue and if it is normal to have spots show up. Since you have had them before and they vanished I am really praying that is the case this time too. Kudos to you and everyone who are getting rid of things you don't need. Pictures..........even the thought makes me shutter as we have boxes at my Mom's house that my sister and I have to deal with some time.

Lita, I love your flowers and I too love yellow roses. Your furbaby looks very content sunbathing. I had five rose bushes taken out last year and five new ones planted and the jury is still out whether they survived the harsh winter. It looks like most of the growth is only new growth which should not be happening.

Have a good night dear sisters and thank you for your prayers. I am waiting for a feel good day to happen soon!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    edited May 2019

Praying for you to get that "feel good day(s)..Nancy!

Sinus infections are no fun, and can be quite serious too.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2019

Angies knee surgery went well. She walked with a walker tonight and is to come home tomorrow. Meanwhile I am having a sleepover with my great granddaughter Val. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Thank you Lisa. Yes, after looking up sinus infections it is not something that you want to ignore for sure. Hope you enjoyed your daughters coming to visit.

Jean, I am glad to hear that Angie's knee surgery went well. It is amazing how fast they go home these days. Praying she has a good recovery and rehab and heals quickly. Enjoy your sleepover with Valentina.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2019

Chris, praying for you as you have your scan tomorrow. Praying for peace and good news.

• intolight
    edited May 2019

Thank you all for the prayers for the scan tomorrow. Will let you know. Cleaned out the first phase of the storage--DH will finish it Friday. I did very little but am exhausted. My granddaughter made out well with the old toys her momma saved her. Our dear friend deserves a medal!