Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited January 2021

Hello again dear friends, I’m hear to ask for your prayers again. DH’s surgery is on Friday and my anxiety is getting worse. I’ve been praying that all will go well and trying to trust in God but I’m so nervous. My stomach is acting up and I just can’t get myself calmed down. I would really appreciate your prayers and I will be praying for all your needs also.

Nancy, I pray that you are starting to heal and feel better and that your incision isn’t bothering you anymore.

Praying everyone here is okay tonight.,

Love,

Fait

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2021

Prayers definitely rising for Faith and Nancy (and the rest of us!) for the perfect peace that only our Father can give us.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited January 2021

Faith, I will be praying for you and for your husband's surgery on Friday.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited January 2021

Lord, I lift up Faith to you tonight and I pray that you would comfort her and give her peace as only you can. I pray that you will guide all of the medical team who will be taking care of her DH for his surgery on Friday. I pray for compassionate, competent and respectful members of his care team. I pray that you will guide the surgeon as he operates on his knee replacement. I pray for good pain control and for no complications and for a excellent result and a good recovery. I pray for patience as he goes through the process of healing post surgery. I pray that you would give both Faith and her husband a good nights sleep tonight and that you would take all fear and apprehension from their hearts and minds. Amen.

I pray for Chris as she struggles with her oral chemo. I pray that her MO will be open to reducing the dosage so she can not have to deal with debilitating side effects. I pray that she will be able to get the vaccine soon. I pray that for all of us.

I pray for safety and protection for Ade and James as they travel to the long destination for their apts. I pray that their doctors will listen and give them the care they deserve. Give them both strength during this time.

I pray for Carol as they grieve the loss of their precious Jeeves.

I pray for Hershey that working from home is a great thing for her mental health. I pray for her Mom that she will be able to get the vaccine soon.

Thank you all for your prayers. These last several days has been really tough emotionally and today even though physically I felt better I was really hit with grief which has been overshadowed the last couple of months because of all the stress of testing for the whole month of Nov and then the reality of the surgery and now the uphill battle of healing. I have not really allowed myself a good emotional release and today I was able to do that a little. Tonight I am feeling like I might be getting sick. I have been coughing and my throat feels sore. I have not gotten much sleep the last three nights so that might be part of it. I put on shoes today and that is a big step forward for me. When I can wear my jeans I will start to feel like life is getting back to normal but with this large incision in an awkward place I will be wearing lots of sweat pants in the near future. My incision is still a concern and I will be glad when this surgeon takes a look at it on Friday.

Take care dear sisters. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Faith, we're all praying for you and DH as he faces his surgery tomorrow.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Dear friends, My daughter was just dxd with Covid. We are hoping it is a result of her vaccine she had on Saturday, but her daughter (who also lives with us) is getting tested as we speak because she has a little cough. My DH and I feel fine, but are being cautious. I covet your prayers and will keep you informed.

• sunshine99
    edited January 2021

You have my prayers, and we all look forward to your updates.

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Update: Bria (my DGD) tested negative but is so attached to her mom we don't think she will stay with her daddy so he brought her back. She has never stayed the night away and cries when my daughter works late at night (even though she is five. We pray about this). They both will stay in her bedroom quarantined until proved safe. I will wait on them as best I can. I have an oncologist appointment next week and pray I can still go in person, but it is doubtful now. We will wait until the results of the longer (not rapid) test or I present with any symptoms. Sometimes you test positive after getting the vaccine so we are praying this is the case.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Oh Chris, I will certainly be praying that this is just a fluke and a reaction to the vaccine. I sure hope that the other test comes back negative so you can go to your MO apt. Praying for protection for the whole family and that your daughter will be just fine. Glad to hear your GD has tested negative.

• faith-840
    edited January 2021

Hello friends, well, there was a medication mixup and DH had his surgery canceled. He mistakenly took blood thinners before the surgery instead of after as he was supposed to. We were already at the hospital when the error was discovered by the nurse going over his medications. I think this could have been avoided if I had been allowed into his pre-op appointment. Two heads are always better than one. However, it is what it is and I’m guessing this was not God’s timing and He has a plan for us. So please keep us in your prayers for next Wednesday 1/27.

Nancy, I hope your Dr. appointment today goes well and he has some answers for you about healing and getting your strength back after all this time. I pray for healing for you.

Chris, I’m glad to hear your GD tested negative for Covid and pray that your DD’s test was just a fluke because of the vaccine. I hope you will be able to see your MO soon and get your dose reduced so that you feel better with more energy.

Thank you all again for your prayers and I pray everyone stays well. Have a good weekend.

Love,

Faith (in the future).

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited January 2021

Oh Faith, I'm sorry that your husband's surgery had to be rescheduled. And with you two present and ready at the hospital, no less. I am thankful that the new date is so soon and will continue to pray for positive outcomes on Wednesday.

• faith-840
    edited January 2021

Hershey,

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. They are most appreciated.

Love, Faith.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Faith, I was so shocked to see your post. I am so sorry that you both had to go through all of this only to be canceled. The thing that keeps standing out in my mind is that IF they hadn't done that check before surgery it could have been very bad for your DH. They have all of those pre op checks in place to prevent any disasters. I know that probably doesn't give you much consolation after all of the anxiety building up to this day but I am glad you don't have to wait too long for the next surgery date. I pray that you will have peace in these next few days. Praying for a good night's sleep for both of you.

I had my doctor apt today. I had a bit of a scare when I missed a text from my neighbor who was going to take me to this apt. I got the preview that looked like she was saying she has a problem...........for a few seconds I freaked trying to figure if I could drive myself. When I opened her text she had already arranged for another neighbor to take me so it worked out fine.

My doctor was gone this week and I got a lady gynecologist who I had heard was very nice. I am guessing I was her last patient of the day and she spent time with me and really helped me in many ways. She gave me another script for antibiotics. I had more pain today early morning and I was really glad I was going to see her today. She thought the incision looked okay but I have developed some fluid right in the center of the incision and that is where I was feeling so much pain today. I had the same thing happen after my breast surgery and I had to be manually drained. She thinks this may absorb but it might push out in incision in which case I think I am supposed to let them know. She was more realistic in my healing time frame. My normal gynecologist/surgeon tends to very optimistic. He told me I could resume normal activities in six weeks. I told her how terrible weak I still am at a few days past the 3wk mark and she said it takes 6-8 to resume normal activities and as much as three months to regain strength. That actually made me feel better knowing there wasn't something wrong with me and my progression. I told her I did two loads of laundry yesterday and she said that could contribute to feeling more pain this morning. Another neighbor got my prescription tonight for me so I am so grateful how my neighbors have really come together to help me out.

Have a good night dear sisters. I will be praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Nancy, thank you for the update so I can pray more specifically for you. Hoping you will have a restful weekend and can recover from this latest issue. It is good to have access to a good substitute doctor and also to have such good neighbors.

Faith, I am so sorry for this delay. I trust your teeth are doing better still? Keeping you in my prayers.

Update: My DD still has no news whether they can confirm Covid but she is very tired. She has no other symptoms but should hear tomorrow. I am playing "hotel service" to her and my DGD who thinks it is fun. At least she is not scared or complaining. We are being extra careful and praying I don't get it.

• sunshine99
    edited January 2021

It's good to hear the updates from everyone - even if I'm not good at mentioning them by name.

I have some, "God is good, even when..." updates.

First, my dad, who will be 88 next week, fell last Thursday while playing tennis and broke his hip. He's a retired ortho, and when they took him to the hospital, he asked for an ortho doc who had been one of his residents years ago. So this guy calls up another guy who is the hip expert. He had an opening in his surgery schedule and my dad was in surgery that afternoon, and should be going home today. (My sister lives close to him, and will be picking him up and taking him home.)

The second thing is that I had a brain MRI last Wednesday because of some dizziness I've been having. The MRI showed progression to C2 of my spine, but NOTHING of concern in my brain or the dura.

We're so thankful to have a God who is faithful and a God whom we can praise even if the news isn't "good" by worldly standards.

Am praying for my dear sisters here, and asking for His perfect peace for all of us.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Chris, I keep praying for a bubble of protection around you and the rest of the family. If your daughter does have Covid I pray that it will be a mild case. I also will pray that your GD will not grow weary of playing hotel service and quarantine.

Carol, I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I have to say at his age and still playing tennis I am impressed. I used to play tennis and gave it up years ago because I didn't have the stamina to run back and forth non stop. It is a miracle that he was able to get into surgery so quickly. I pray that the fact he sounds like he is in good shape to start with will be a big factor in his recovery. I am so glad that your brain MRI showed nothing in the brain. I pray that your treatment you are on will continue to do its intended work and fight this progression that has shown up. I have to say your attitude is amazing and that can go such a long way in your journey.

Ade, how did you and James make out with your long traveling to your doctor appointments?

Faith, praying this delay in surgery for your DH will not adversely affect your dental procedure plan. Praying you are not in pain and that you can relax a bit this weekend.

Take care dear sisters and have a wonderful weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited January 2021

God truly blessed our long trip. The doctors actually LISTENED to my husband, and God kept us safe all the way. Thank you who prayed for us.

I wanted to share this piece by a friend of mine. She has battled cancer mets for over a year now but she is so full of the loving encouragement of the Lord in every facebook post. Her name is Nicole and she went through a long battle with her 9 year old son's serious brain cancer several years ago. Few survive the type he had. Praise God he is fine now! But she is fighting the battle for herself now - bravely - with the Lord's help. Here is what she wrote today.

"Troubles almost always make us look to God,

but His blessings tend to divert our attention elsewhere."

~Oswald ChambersI read this today and it hit me smack in the face. How true this can be when we aren't careful.

God is always calling us, and trying to grab our attention. In everything, in every day. He beckons us with His love.

He calls us gently...He calls us abruptly.

It's always in His perfect timing that things happen.

There is a reason he repeats Himself over and over to us...because how easily we forget.
    He tells us to focus on Him, and to watch our hearts.

To watch what we think, what we say and what we do.

To love Him with all our heart, our soul, our mind and our strength.

Because when we do that...all else falls into place.❤️🤲🏼🙏🏼It truly does. ❤️May we fill the heavens with thanksgiving and love to God through His Son Jesus Christ.🤲🏼❤️#mystrength
    Gracias Dios❤️"
    I am praying for ALL of you with love,Ade
  • intolight
    edited January 2021

Ade, Praise God for answered prayers for your long trip. And thank you for your post. I needed those words. I feel so blessed to have a loving husband who cares for me, and that I can enjoy each day with my DD and DGD. These blessings certainly do overshadow all my troubles.

My DH and I went and got tested for Covid this afternoon since I have been and continue to be exposed while caring for my DD and her daughter during their quarantine. (It will take 2 days for the results). I just want to know so I can give a heads-up to my oncologist. I am feeling fine although I feel every little thing that's wrong with me. The testing site was empty, we really were the only ones there getting tested. The whole parking lot was empty. It was amazing but of course going at 4:00 on a Saturday night is a good time. God is good even in the little things!

• ade
    edited January 2021

Beautiful, Joanne, thank you!

Praying for negative results, Chris, and that you will not get the virus (praying that for ALL of us!)

Blessings on your week, sisters,

Ade

• sunshine99
    edited January 2021

A happy and blessed Monday to everyone (I think it's Monday, right?)

I had my monthly COVID test yesterday and it came back negative. Yay.

Since we're all over 60, I'm assuming most of you will get this: Scripps Clinic has COVID testing "cabanas" where you drive up, call a number to tell them you are there and they come out and test you. They're called the "Covid Cabanas". My head won't stop playing the Barry Manilow version of the Copa Cabana. I've even started re-writing some of the lyrics. Something like, "Her name was Lola, She was an RN..."

Anyway, blood work today, MO visit and infusion tomorrow. Last night we had some crazy rain here and really crazy wind. It's kind of exciting for us Southern California ladies.

Love to all,

Carol

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Sunshine, yes, the wind is crazy here in San Diego this morning and all last night. Glad your test was negative. I had a Covid test done Saturday and it came back negative, yay, but my DH's results are positive. So now I have to figure out how to deal with all three members of my family positive with Covid and I am the only one not sick but trying to feed them, etc. Fortunately they are all mild cases. My DD is taking care of her daughter so my contact is only to pass food through the door. My DH won't stay in the bedroom but wears a mask constantly and is trying to be careful. I think it is only a matter of time before I get it. Please pray that won't happen. I am contacting my onc today to see if she wants me to withhold medicine to keep my blood strong, and of course my appointment this week will be virtual. Arghh!

• sunshine99
    edited January 2021

Oh, IntoLight, I'm so sorry to hear that your DH is positive, and will pray that you remain negative and symptom free. I'm being tested monthly because they don't want me to go into the treatment area without a negative test. I wish my DH could get tested because he may need to go help my dad who broke his hip last week.

Am hanging on to the promise of God to keep us in perfect peace.

Carol

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Carol, do I remember you saying you were Kaiser too? I think your husband can just go online and request a test and they will approve it. I did that Saturday and it was real easy and quick. Then you can just go to any Kaiser testing facility (we did drive through) and they had it all ready quick.

• ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility
    ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

I don't really know if I was supposed to put a title.. This is technically my third post.. The first was put in the wrong category and the second one, I don't think anyone read it.. Maybe it was a stupid question..

Anyway.. I had a lumpectomy in October , the day before I turned 66 ,,,and I recently noticed small bb size lumps under my skin. I am sitting here crying, because my surgeon is wanting to see me in Feb and I need to find out if these bumps are concerning cancer.. Can you tell me if you have small "beads" under your skin, felt with fingertips? She has called 3 times wanting an appointment, so I am desperate for some loving Christian ladies to help me decide. I have a house full of herbal things to fight cancer, so I was going to fight any leftovers on my own after the surgery. Then I slacked off, and ate what my husband ate,, sooooo, I might have screwed up. Thank you for any help.. Sandy

• sunshine99
    edited January 2021

IntoLight, I'm actually with Scripps, but I know there are some "drive-up" testing places where he can go. Vons even has some at-home tests, but my local Vons was out of them. It's not really urgent, so we'll wait and see.

ItsMyLife, cancer is NOT YOUR FAULT. Some people who have perfect lifestyles still get cancer. Some people with much less than perfect lifestyles don't get cancer. Please don't punish yourself by thinking this is your fault. I've had well meaning people (some from church) ask me what I did to get cancer. What did I do??? I was born into a sinful world.

Make your appointment with your surgeon. I (and I know many here) will be praying for you that you will experience the perfect peace that can only come from our God.

Carol

• intolight
    edited January 2021

Sandy, I am not sure I fully understand your questions but I will try to provide some support here. First of all, make the appointment to give you peace of mind if nothing else. There is hope for a full life. I have not had your symptoms but perhaps someone else will answer this. Second, I am stage IV since May 2016 and eat normal almost everything and don't stress about it. My current medication has left me with no active disease since July 2020 so it is possible. My best advice is to live as normal as possible and enjoy the little things everyday. There are great ladies on this thread who will pray for you (even when they don't post) and will support you when they can. We serve a great God who cares even about the little things. So I pray when I have a strange pain or some other complaint and God always answers me. I know He has helped me do well thus far and I praise Him for daily miracles. Don't be afraid to ask any question--that is why we are here. I have added you to my prayer list. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2021

Ade, glad you made it back safely and it sounds like it was a much more positive experience with the doctors than in the past. All good news. Thanks for posting this ladies post..very powerful . Thanks for the banner as well. Love the colors and the message.

Joanne, thanks for your banners. Your Snoopy banner especially hit me as I just heard our sermon yesterday as we have had a week of revival. This guest pastor talked about delay. Too long to go into but coincidence is sometimes a God instance instead. Praying for your situation and peace of mind.

Chris, I don't even know what to say. I do hope your MO will have some wise words for you regarding your treatment and how to move forward in this Covid environment you have found yourself in. Lord, we ask for an absolute miracle for Chris and that you will shield her from getting this virus.

Carol, I am glad your Covid test came back negative. How is your Dad doing?

Faith, praying for you and DH as you do a replay of last week but hopefully with the surgery actually happening. Praying for more peace and calm and less anxiety and of course for a successful surgery.

Sandy, I hear your anxiety and confusion and fear. When I had my lumpectomy I ended up with what is called a seroma. That is basically when fluid starts to pool around the surgical site. I had to see my surgeon and he did a needle aspiration to get rid of the fluid. I just recently had an abdominal hysterectomy and I have had complications. When I saw the doctor on Friday I also have fluid build up and she had me feel it for myself. The tissue which was normal was soft and the tissue that was fluid filled felt hard. I too am into alternative medicine along with the tradition cancer doctors so I get where you are coming from. However you need to see one of your doctors right away to see what this is. You can't beat yourself up over what you ate. That is in the past and in my opinion is highly unlikely to have caused any of what you are experiencing now. Good nutrition is important, yes and herbs have their place but right now you need a tradition medical opinion. The faster you can get in for an apt with your cancer team the better. These forums are here for you and there are never any stupid questions if you are having a real concern post surgery. Feel free to post anytime. You might try a search on the overall BCO site and type in your symptoms to see if anyone else has experienced what you are. More than likely someone has. Also maybe someone on this thread will comment as well. It is very normal to have things crop up like this and many times it is nothing serious. Are you having any other treatments such as radiation or a pill? We will pray for you.

Love,

Nancy

• ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility
    ItsMyLifeAndResponsibility Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

Thank you for all of your replies. I thought my question was easy. I have no friends or anyone I can ask, so I came here.. I only wanted to know if any other woman when you put your fingertips lightly on your skin, do you feel tiny bumps ? It could be normal under skin stuff , but I have nobody to ask. I am not going to risk covid to see my surgeon, if I can just do a conference.. My husband is a lean working man, so he has nothing under his skin....Are they normal under the skin tissue.. some feel like strings and tiny bb s, and some just feel like bbs, they are all over , so I was hoping they are normal .

• ade
    edited January 2021

Sandy, don't panic over this. I have had lumps and bumps for decades. At first I was alarmed but then I learned to just watch them for changes as my doctors did. Most were nothing to get excited about. But do see your doctor at least for your peace of mind. Often they will do an ultrasound, then if necessary, a lumpectomy to examine the tissue. Try not to fear the worst (though we ALL seem to do that once diagnosed with cancer). Your going off your good diet did not bring this on. Like was said before, there are those with strict diets who get it and those on junk foods that don't. Don't beat yourself up. We pray this is nothing, but if it is the Lord will get you through it one day at a time. Trust in Him, you're His. Do update us and post here anytime ok?

With love and continued prayers,

Ade

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited January 2021

Sandy, you've received some excellent information in this thread. Please make an appointment with your doctor. She/He needs to see firsthand what is going on. A virtual visit may not cut it. Bumps can be many things (most are not cancer), but a medical professional really needs to check on your situation. Please let us know how everything works out for you.