Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2021

GB, I'm so sorry you're dealing with GI issues. I hope your oncologist and nurse make accommodations for you today. It's okay to delay treatment. Praying for relief soon.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited September 2021

gb, I'm praying that your GI issues get resolved soon.

Love and hugs,

Carol

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited September 2021

Here we go, second Taxol. Ran all of it by my doctor's nurse and she thought it was ok to do treatment. My issues are only in the morning and then I'm ok. She said to take Imodium if it happens again tomorrow.

My BIG fear is having an issue over the weekend that lands me in the ER with all the covid patients. The weekends specifically make me nervous because if it's during the week maybe things can be handled with an office visit. If it's over the weekend don't they just send you to the ER or do they try to help you over the phone? The practice I work alongside just sends people to the ER but it's a very different specialty.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited September 2021

GB, I am so sorry you are going through this. Imodium usually works from my experience. I will pray that this will help and get you through the weekend if there are issues then. I can't speak for all hospitals but when we were at the height of the pandemic last year I had to take my Mom to the ER and one of the nurses told me that the Covid patients were in a different part of the building. Lord, I pray that you will put your protective angels around GB during this time and that you will protect her no matter where she has to go and that they would help her to feel peace instead of fear. Amen.

Love,

Nancy

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2021

Irisheyes, welcome to our loving little group. I know you will find much support and prayer here, just as I have found as a relative newcomer. I pray that you are healing from surgery. I had that same surgery in June. You have already made Nancy's day with your lovely butterfly photo.

GB, you are on my heart and I pray the work/phone situation works out quickly for you as that will be such a relief for you to be able to work that way. I am praying for your treatment and digestive issues and echo what HersheyKiss mentioned, that it's ok to delay treatment sometimes while we work these things out. I pray that your oncologists find some solutions for you. Hershey, you are a treasure, and I'm not just saying that because I love chocolate. I am praying for you this morning.

Chris, I have been thinking of you and your family meeting this week. I hope this has been a special and enjoyable time and that you had energy to enjoy it. I'm glad your new treatment is going well. I"m always praying for you. Thank you for the reminder... God does bring beauty from ashes. I hope you are able to eat down as much of your freezer as possible as you get ready for the termite tenting. We're still doing the same as we get ready for our tenting. I'm growing tired of eating fish, but at least I'm switching it up... salmon - mahi mahi - tilapia - salmon - mahi mahi - tilapia. LOL

Ade, what a lovely photo! I'm glad your puppy was OK. I still can't believe how James stepped on that scorpion. My neighbors in the next county would have heard my scream if that had happened to me. Wait, never mind, I would have probably have fainted. In seriousness, I have been praying for you and also for James a lot for the migraines. I'm so sorry Penni does not seem to be improving and for her husband's brain issues. I'm absolutely lifting all of that up with you - we all are- we know the power of prayer and the One to whom we are praying! We will continue in prayer together on this. Oh, and I'm lifting up your unspoken needs, as I am certain that you have quite a few.

Shannon, I am praying for your upcoming surgeries. How are you feeling this morning?

And Nancy, how is Cammie doing today?

Love,

Esther

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited September 2021

GB, lifting you up in prayer this morning. I think Imodium is also a good idea--I know it saved me during my last treatments. I also know my hospital ER keeps Covid patients separate. They even check them at the door and immediately take them through to another door.

Thank you for your family prayers. I actually don't meet with them until next week, Oct 6. I have to drive to LA to meet them there. That is actually a little more scary than meeting a new uncle!!! Still feeling good though. I meet with my oncologist Oct 5th. One more week to make sure SEs don't add up. I meet with the eye surgeon tomorrow to begin the cataract removal process. This is a busy month!

Esther, we are seeing daylight in the big freezer. I still have fish and chicken although last night we took a break and I made pizza. Just gotta do it once in a while! I just put chicken in the crockpot for tonight. Veggies are slim picking although I seem to have a lot of frozen broccoli. Oh well, at least it's healthy! The nylar bags have arrived and we have been saving small boxes to pack up last minute dry food and medicines. I checked on our airbnb for the four days stay... This is costing us $1000 but I just couldn't leave the area with my granddaughter's school and dance classes, my daughter preparing for her new job (which starts the day we can return to the condo after tenting) and everything else going on right now. I am so thankful I am feeling good. Today I am resting.

Irisheyes, I pray you are feeling welcome here.

Blessings. Chris

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited September 2021

GB, I experienced an allergic reaction over a weekend during chemo. I remember phoning the oncologist on call early that Saturday morning and getting voicemail. Not even 10 minutes later, he phoned and apologized for his delayed call. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Ten minutes ... I was expecting a call later in the morning! He patiently listened to me list my symptoms and promptly phoned in a couple of scripts. Later that afternoon, he phoned to check in on me. Everything was handled over the phone -- no need for an office, urgent care, or ER visit. All this is to say, please try not to worry about something that may not happen. If anything does come up, start with the oncologist on call. He/she will help you navigate the issue and hopefully avoid a trip to the hospital. Continuing prayers for a successful Taxol infusion today.

• Irisheyes756
    Irisheyes756 Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2021

Good afternoon, as I pray that my heart have peace, I pray peace over all of you.

Tomorrow, I meet with oncologist, this my 2nd appt, post op with path report, the Oncotype DX21 not back yet.

Question -- what questions to I ask?

• Irisheyes756
    edited September 2021

thank you IntoLight

I am feeling very welcome. tomorrow I meet with oncologist to talk about treatment plan I think, the path report is in the ONCOTYPE test is not back.

felt weepy and lethargic today, --the realization of it all.

Have to get myself back to the stuff I need to do...

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Irish eyes, it is 1:30 am and I felt I needed to respond to you as I need to get to bed. You are feeling very normal things and it is okay to feel weepy, to cry, to fear, to get angry or all of those things plus a whole array of other emotions. Everyone of us has been through that. Everyone experiences the shock of their diagnosis perhaps in different ways but the bottom line is we are human and we get overwhelmed when we hear the word cancer. It is too bad you don't have your Onchotype test results yet but your oncologist may tell you what they think might be the proper course of treatment for you. I know that once I knew what my treatment plan was I felt I could relax a bit and enter battle mode. That may sound like a contradiction but there was more fear initially and then that lessened once I started my treatments. We will be praying for you against fear and for wisdom for your oncologist. You will get through this. You will. The Lord will be right there by your side.

I do need to go to bed but I have prayed for each one of you today. GB praying that your morning will go smoothly with Imodium if needed.

I will respond to everyone tomorrow. I have my Covid booster tomorrow and have been filling out the two sheets of questions. That is why it is soooooooooooo late.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited October 2021

Thank you ladies, for the encouragement. I might be starting to feel less afraid of the ER, if needed. And of calling the doc on call.

Still not sure about my digestive system though. The nurse made it sound completely routine. We'll see. I didn't take an Imodium this morning because it was slightly better than yesterday. I'll see how tomorrow morning goes or if I develop any further distress. It seems weird to take a pill to prevent an hour of mild diarrhea that causes no distress the rest of the day. I don't know.

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

How wonderful Bandwoman1234 you reaching out to me,

Had the appt today, went over the path from surgery, the oncologist keeps telling me that it is all good, caught early. I asked about treatment, radiation is the plan unless the Oncotype says different, the other question was for the Micrometastis in the lymph, she convey that it was very little, but the oncology radiologist might have a different opinion.

Another appt sched for two weeks....

I guess I am still in the holding pattern, circling treatment and start date.

After leaving I started to cry in the car, hubby was surprised, I told him it is the reality of cancer.

My brain battles that it is early or not aggresive, but it is cancer.

I felt disappointed that there were no more answers than when I went in other than a referral for the oncology radilogist

Side note: We are scheduled to leave for the south end of December.

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2021

Irisheyes- welcome to our group and I am praying for you. I know all of this is so hard mentally. I pretty new too. I was diagnosed in May. Have since gone through chemo and getting ready for surgery. Please know that these ladies are your safe place to land. I have counted on them more than once and they come through every time.

I am doing well. Been struggling some with panic and sadness more so lately. I really don’t know why. I trust God for healing and I know He has me. Maybe getting close to surgery is what makes me fearful. I don’t know. My oncologist says he still sees me cured. And my surgeon said I’ve had a great response to chemo. I am just believing for clean margins and no more cancer ever in my life. It’s so hard not to be scared. I want 25 or 30 more years to live. And until this diagnosis I had no reason to believe any different. I am needing prayer. Prayer of peace and prayer of complete healing. I’m so glad I have a place to go to with my feelings. I pray all the time. And I’m so thankful for you all

Love and hugs!!

Shannon

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

thank you LoverofJesus, what a sweet spirit in your response.

It surely is a battle with emotions and reality. It is crazy how in the morning I am praising and feel full of faith and determination, then a little while later the fear and uncertainty batter me, then the waves of emotion drain me. Then the cycle starts again.

I will agree in prayer with you that your next 25 - 30years be overflowingly wonderful.

I will hold onto the anchor, of Christ

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Hi dear sisters. I hope your weekend is going well. I am feeling the full effects of my Covid booster so I am not feeling great.

Irisheyes, I am glad you got your apt in with your doctor. I know waiting is the worst in this whole journey. You have your path report but I know your doctors will want to see what your Oncotype score is first. When you feel that fear cry out to the Lord to embrace you with the shelter of His wings. He is right there by your side.

Shannon, we are all praying for you as you go through this emotional upheaval. Before you know it your surgery will be over. I know while you are in the middle of all of this it can feel like an eternity but you will be looking back at this whole experience before you know it. I think all of us has to deal with the fear of recurrence and some who have already had that blow have to trust the Lord that their mets have not progressed. God has allowed this to happen to all of us for a reason which we may never understand until we are in heaven. At that time I believe we will instantly have knowledge of all of these things we don't understand here on earth.

GB, how are you doing now? Have you had to take any Imodium? I sure hope you can get through this weekend without any issues.

Chris, I guess I have prayed a week early for your trip. I will continue to pray for the driving as I can fully appreciate how scary that might be after driving the Chicago toll roads. I am currently watching a documentary on the San Diego Zoo. These animals are so cute. They are getting ready to take this beautiful tiger to the vet........and I thought it was hard taking Cammie to the vet!! I can't tell you how .I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear you are doing so well on your new chemo. I pray everything goes well with your Onc. apt in a few days so you can enjoy this Airbnb. Wow. That is quite a price tag for four nights. I do hope your meeting your new uncle will be a blessed time and your new family

Esther, you are probably already getting settled into your new location as your termite tenting is happening for you soon as well. I do hope your trips back and forth are not too stressful. I am still a bit concerned for Cammie. Still watching her carefully. I may have to make another trip back to the dentist. I am not sure if my cleaning caused this but one of my crowns is chipping and I don't know if I am having tooth pain now or it is my imagination. Praying once you get settled you can have some time to enjoy your post treatment time.

Ade, continued prayers for you and James. I would love to see more pics from your beautiful sunrise and sunsets.

Carol, I hope you are doing well. As I watch this documentary from the San Diego Zoo it makes me thing of all of you So Cal gals.

Hershey, I am glad you have been able to give GB some good advice that you have experienced in your past chemo experiences. I hope you are doing well.

Take care everyone. God loves every single one of you more than you will ever know until we are with Him in eternity.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited October 2021

Nancy, I haven't seen the SD Zoo documentary, but it is a good zoo. We went last June when my grandkids were all here and we had a great time. It is extremely hilly so I rented a scooter and did fine. It is too big to see it all in one day so we planned our route and just hit what the kids wanted to see. The Safari Park is not too far from it. We didn't go this year but it is a wonderful place to see and we may go when they return. Of course nothing beats visiting the Serenghetti and seeing the animals in their natural habitat. God allowed that to happen for me...another story for another time. I am sorry you continue to have concerns about Cammie. I miss having a cat but know I can't depend on caring for one right now. I will also continue to pray for your tooth. You know how I tremble with dentist issues.

I know today is full of concerns, emotions, pain, and fears for many of us. Thankfully God knows all of this and holds us in His hands and carries us through. May we seek His face and relax in His mighty love.

• gb2115
    edited October 2021

I didn't have to take the Imodium. Hard to go though, tmi sorry. I have bad pelvic tension, pelvic prolapse, and sometimes the muscles and nerves just don't work right. That was why I hesitated on the Imodium. It seems like it's always something though.

Trying to eat more normally today to reset everything back and restarted my bowel regimen back by half. I don't know if the chemo caused whatever that was.

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

Wanted to share my sunrise with everyone image

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

wanted to share my sunrise with everyone.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Irisheyes, that is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited October 2021

Beautiful sunrise!

• loverofjesus
    edited October 2021

Hi ladies! I am struggling today with fear and sadness. I finally broke down and started taking an antidepressant. But I have not been on it long enough to kick In. I have never been depressed in my life! This is all new to me. I have been praying for you all every day. I am sorry today I am so extremely needy.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Shannon

• intolight
    edited October 2021

Jesus, I lift up Shannon to you right now. Please calm her fears and fill her with your peace. She needs a special touch today. Help her know she is loved and that there are a host of ladies on this site who care and understand as many of us have walked this road before her and continue through similar battles everyday. Assure her of your presence and help her know you have a plan to use her for your kingdom. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    edited October 2021

Amen! We love you Shannon, and we are with you in this!

Your sister in Jesus

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Chris, the show on the SD Zoo had episodes to it so I am not sure if it was called a documentary but that is what it seemed like. They did show part of the Safari Park. So were you in Tanzania at the Serengeti? I would love to hear about that sometime. SD had the cutest baby Rhino that was adorable and I am a real sucker for the Koala bears. Watching the tigers was oddly similar to watching how Cammie does.

I hope you have a wonderful time this week with your new family and I pray you will continue to feel good.

Thank you for your prayers for my tooth. Unfortunately I have developed a hacking cough and I won't be able to go to the dentist until this has passed. Cammie played a tiny bit tonight which is an improvement. That always gives me hope.

GB, digestive issues are always a challenge and sometimes it takes a while to get normalized. Hope that will happen for you soon.

Ade, lifting up all of your concerns that you have mentioned. I know this must feel totally overwhelming with the prospect of having to move. May the Lord calm your heart and give you wisdom and direction and hope for your future.

Irish, always remember that God is not the author of fear. When you are praising God the enemy is going to work overtime trying to steal your peace by introducing fear into your mind. When you start to fear claim those verses..........He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I say these out loud when I am really doing battle.

Shannon, I would say the same things to you as well. Don't let the enemy get the best of you. Stand firm and proclaim all the verses you know regarding healing. Quoting scripture to the enemy is what Jesus did in the desert when He was tempted. He was our example in how to engage victoriously with the enemy. I have always thought of the cancer treatments as being worse than the surgery. If that is the case then by the time you face surgery you will have already been through the worst part. You will get through this. You will.

Faith, let us know how you are doing and how that dress is coming along? I think your wedding is next week. I remember when you both took a trip to Italy this time of year and it turned out great. I am hoping this will be just as great watching your grand daughter get married. We are all praying for you.

Esther, as you make your trips back and forth in preparation for your tenting I pray that you will have smooth sailing on your commutes and that you can get your apts in while all of this is happening. I hope you can take some time to relax and enjoy the ocean.

It is very late and I must get to bed. Have a great week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

Good morning all. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Shannon, I'm sorry you're dealing with depression. I hope it helps to know that you are surrounded by prayers.

Nancy, thank you for always taking the time to post and encourage us.

This is a wonderful place to be.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Carol, thank you. I appreciate that. You are prayed for regularly.

May He lead you beside the still waters.

• loverofjesus
    edited October 2021

I wanted to get on and thank you all so much for the prayers! I don’t know why I am struggling so much now that chemo is almost over. Maybe it’s just all beginning to hit me. Because in the beginning I was just numb.

I appreciate all your prayers and I’m praying for you all.

Hugs to you!

Shannon

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

Shannon, the end of active treatment can be a scary time. You go from being surrounded by caregivers, to feeling like you've been abandoned. I had a friend who said that it's kind of like they pat you on the bottom and send you on your way. You're thinking, "Wait, what??? You're not going to see me for another three months, six months, a year??? Really?"

I totally get that part of it. One thing I remember is that one day after I finished active treatment (maybe a year - I don't really remember), I realized sometime during the middle of the day that I hadn't woken up that morning thinking about cancer. It was an amazing day.

Will continue to hold you up in prayer.

Carol

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited October 2021

Praying for you Shannon. This is for you....

Matthew 11:28-29English Standard Version

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Jean