Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited October 2021

Shannon, praise the Lord! So happy to hear the good news!!!

Nancy, how are you feeling? I pray you are healing from your illness and feeling better.

gb, so sorry to hear you are still battling HR nonsense. I never understood why so many HR departments are so messed up. Ugh!!!

We are home, unpacked, reorganized, and resting from our tenting mess. The tent workers were finished four hours early yesterday so we did not have to find somewhere to park and wait. We are learning a new normal trying to figure out the schedule now that my DD is working and we are handling the granddaughter to and from school. In a couple of weeks my DD will switch to nights. I am praising God that I feel good still. I was able to unpack last night and today went to the grocery store by myself to restock. I haven't done that in awhile. God is good!

Blessings to all of you in your daily battles.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited October 2021

Shannon, that is awesome news!!!!! So happy for you that now you can go into surgery hopefully not being concerned about clean margins. When is your chemo finished?

Chris, as I was praying for you today I figured you would be home now. I am so so happy for you that you have this energy that you haven't had for a very long time. Unpacking is tiring in itself and to be able to go to the grocery store by yourself is such a huge step for you and must be so encouraging to experience that. Actually I had that same experience yesterday going to the grocery store after being sick for so long. I felt like I had reentered life again. Today I did my job I was so afraid I would not feel like doing before the cold weather and that is cleaning out my cascading fountain. It is a huge and messy job which requires cleaning the algae and scum off of every single river rock that I have at the base of this fountain. UGH It is done and I am so happy. I am still coughing but I am feeling so much better. I was able to attend my Grief class on Sunday without having a coughing fit during the class and managed to hold the cough until right at the end. I know you will probably be doing some driving for your granddaughter. Hopefully once your daughter starts working at night that it will be easier for you.

GB, I am sorry you are having issues with HR and your FMLA. Hopefully it is an easy solution and hopefully just simple clerical error. I have been praying for this situation.

Ade, I have been praying for you and James and I am concerned since we haven't heard from you for a long time. I hope you and James are okay.

Faith, I have been praying for you and DH as you prepare to travel to Idaho this week. I have been praying for strength and a bubble of protection around all of you.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited October 2021

I had two separate FMLA cases. For the first one I was completely out for surgery...6 weeks. The second one (current) is intermittent so I can work. They are trying to backdate the second current case to completely overlap the first case, telling me I have to track my intermittent time back to June. But I was out completely and I shouldn't have to count those weeks twice. I believe that is illegal for them to do since I'm entitled to 12 weeks. I think it's an oversight but it would be really nice if they called me back so we can discuss this. They're not great about returning calls or answering emails unfortunately. :-(

Shannon, great news!!!

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2021

Shannon, I am so excited for you and a wonderful answer to many prayers! Also, Praising the Lord that you are feeling better Nancy, and continuing in prayer for all of you, Irish as you wait, and GB as you struggle with work issues and HR. I'm making a list in my prayer journal of each one of your names and each special concern. Isaiah 26:3

Love, Wheatfields

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Thank you Wheatfields. Do you have results on your biopsy yet? Praying for good news.

GB, continued prayers for this mess to untangle in your favor.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2021

Nancy- glad to know you're feeling better. I would love a fountain like that out by my pool. We have a hookup for it. But just have not broken down a bought one.

Wheat fields- keep us updated on your biopsy. I'm praying for you to get clean results.

You guys I had a MO appt today. Actually saw the NP. She was so excited about my results. My Mo said I didn't have to see him again till after surgery. Oh and by the way. Chemo is done!!! After 13 rounds and cancer shrinking to less than a centimeter they didn't see a reason for it today. Praying that surgery is uneventful and for a speedy recovery.

Hugs 🤗 and love ❤️ to alll

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

CONGRATULATIONS TO SHANNON FOR COMPLETING CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• intolight
    edited October 2021

Shannon, congratulations on finishing chemo, and with the good results. Sounds like you will have a good prognosis and long life.

• Irisheyes756
    Irisheyes756 Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2021

Good Morning Ladies,

Here is a picture of a beautiful Cosmo outside my office.

I think as I see how perfect it is, the beauty of God's creation.

The little flower displays God's imagination, there are so many kinds of flowers.

As beautiful as this little flower is, it is not made in the image of God. We are!

When He created me, I have His presence, His courage, determination,

the list can go on and on.

I need to remember that His love for me is beyond my ability to understand.

Ladies what do you think of as you see this picture?

Irish

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited October 2021

Shannon, that's wonderful news!

This may seem odd, but I remember feeling a combination of elation and sort of fear when I finished active treatment the first time. It felt like they were just sending me on my merry way and I felt like, "What??? You're not going to see me every week/three weeks/month (or whatever it was)?" I felt abandoned, even though I knew I wasn't. I got over it, fortunately.

Sending prayers up for your upcoming surgery and for all my other lovely ladies this morning.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone.

My car desperately needed to get to the dealer as my oil was getting low while I was sick. I finally got it in today and was so relieved to get that and some other needed things finished. While I waiting I was going through old texts from my sister during the time I was last at my Mom's house. Now that I have some distance from May I can now feel relief that the things that were such a burden back then are now not our problem anymore now that the house is sold. I think God really wanted me to realize that as I had brought some reading material that I didn't even open up. I spent the whole time deleting these texts. It was almost like deleting stress from the past as well. I wonderful feeling.

Irish, I seem to remember that the Oncotype test took three weeks to get results. My MO ordered this very early on. I can see now why it was good for me to get in to meet with my MO and RO long before I started any treatments. So I had my results and didn't have to wait like you are. I am sorry this has been such a long wait. I love your Cosmos. It reminds me of summer. We went from temps in the 70's yesterday to the 50's today and possible frost tonight. Up until today this I believe our weatherman just said this is the warmest Oct ever.

GB, praying you tolerate your treatment today.

Carol. I had a similar experience finishing radiation. I couldn't wait for the treatments to be over and when they were I felt sad. I guess this was more normal than I realized at the time. My PT therapist which I was seeing along with radiation said she sees more tears from her patients at the end of treatment than the beginning. I hope you are doing well.

Chris, did you enjoy your Airbnb after working so hard to prep your condo? I hope all those termites are GONE for good.

Have a good day dear sisters.

• wheatfields
    edited October 2021
    Hello everyone - Praise the Lord and thank you so much for your prayers - the office called late this afternoon and said the spot on my foot was negative. All the praise goes to the Lord, I'm not too patient about waiting and my faith is about like a mustard seed at times. I loved the banner the other day about we walk by faith and not by sight. Lots of love and prayers for all of you!

Wheatfields
  • intolight
    edited October 2021

Nancy, so glad you are feeling well enough to get out and get things done. I understand how important that is.

Irish, love the flower and the reminder God cares for us in a beautiful way.

I think we have put everything right from our termite adventure, and can now get on to living. I ordered new seasoning bottles as my shelf held a crazy mix of different brands and sizes, and it took me two hours to transfer, label and organize them all. The metal ones rusted on the shelf so I had a mess to clean up. I had to bag them all up before the tenting. I always feel better when I get things organized. I am still feeling pretty good and praying it continues through our cruise which starts on Sunday. I started packing this afternoon so that I have a few days to think things through as my memory is not as good as it used to be. I will never finish chemo or radiation as I am stage IV, but I think I understand the uneasiness of not being constantly monitored on the same treatment. Every time I start a new medicine combo I am anxious as I wait for a different side effect to hit not knowing where I will be or what I will need to do. It is what it is..

May God shower you all with His blessings today.

Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Wheatfields, that is great news and I am sure you are breathing a little easier tonight. Sleep well!!

Chris, the nice part about all of your hard work and reorganizing is that you can leave on your cruise and hopefully have a feeling of accomplishment mixed in with some relaxation and a spirit of adventure. When I thought your cruise was going to happen in Sept I prayed a lot about your feeling well for it. I didn't know you were going to be starting your cruise on Sunday so I will start praying again for this and that you will have no unexpected side effects. Hopefully you have been on it long enough to know how you will feel. I am sure none of us who are not in stage four can even imagine what that feels like. I just know that I have great admiration for all of you for your strength and courage through all of the uncertainty and through the side effects that I know for some of you have been really unpleasant to say the least. I hope your packing goes well and you won't forget to pack anything you need.

Some of you have asked about Ade and I did hear from her. She is going to be taking a break for a while due to stress. I never like to speak for others so I will leave it at that. If she wants to add more to this she can certainly do so.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

This is for Chris as she starts her cruise tomorrow and for Faith who is probably already in Idaho for her grand daughter's wedding. I hope both of you and your family have a wonderful time!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Have a blessed Sunday my friends.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

This is sort of an off-topic thought, but I recently needed to change the log in password on one of my computers. My husband had read an article in the Wall Street Journal about using phrases instead of number/letter sequences.

Here are a few I've considered using for on-line accounts, or computers:

Itiswellwithmysoul

Proverbs1:33

We need a new password/PIN for another computer, so we're trying to decide which scripture/prhase to use.

Kind of a fun idea, right?

I wonder what the Geek Squad people would think if I gave them the Scripture password. Would they go look it up? Hmmm...

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Carol, I think it is a great idea. Yes, it would be interesting for the Geek Squad. You never know what might reach people.

• loverofjesus
    edited October 2021

Ok guys I need prayers! I have surgery in 10 days. I have developed a gout flare up😩😩😩😩

I can't take the usual stuff for it as those are drugs I'm supposed to avoid before surgery. So I am taking vitamin C which is ok and will lower Uric acid in my body along with drinking tons and tons of water. Please pray this pain goes away.

I think I developed it from not drinking enough water over the past few days. Because I have not had alcohol, or red meat or any of the usual triggers. According to web md

Thank you all for the prayers!

Shannon

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Shannon, praying for you now.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

Love and prayers, Shannon!

Carol

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

Ladies, I am so blessed to read through the notes of support, celebrations and advice given here.

Wanted to let you know that I received a call from the Cleveland clinic and the appt was moved up from Nov 4 to TODAY!!

I have printed all of the documents that I have to ensure that they have everything. I even put it in the style of an old fashioned medical chart!

I feel peaceful and nearly excited to know that this in another step to healing.

May the Lord reveal Himself to each of you today.

Irish

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

Irish, great news to hear your appointment was moved up. Will look forward to hearing how it goes.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Irish, I hope this means your long wait is over. Praying for the best outcome for you.

Shannon, how is your toe today? Still praying about that for you.

Love

Nancy

• Irisheyes756
    edited October 2021

Good evening ladies,

My visit with oncologist today was great!

The oncologist said, According to the Oncotype test score 24, I do not need chemo.

Radiation is recommended, he then said, let me call him and see if he is available right now. 10 minutes passed, in walks the radiation oncologist.

Explains the why and how for radiation- then tells me that he would prefer to do one week of daily radiation with more power, as well as utilizing a breathing system that only gives radiation when lungs are to protect the heart.

All is being set up, should have radiation done before Thanksgiving, then start the hormone blockers meds afterwards.

So different!

I am so glad that I went!

Thank you for your prayers,

Irish

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Irish, that is great news. After all of this wait you may have one of the shortest treatment plans around so hopefully that wait time was worth it. I remember my RO discussing that option and said I was not a candidate for it but I don't remember why now. I bet you will rest easy tonight.

• loverofjesus
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone!!!

Nancy my gout is a little better today. Not gone but a lot better. I may have over done it a little today as I was decorating for Christmas. Ugh. I know it’s not even Halloween. But I’m having a DMX November 2 and I figure I won’t be able to decorate for quite some time. So it was now. So my house has Pumpkins and hay bales outside and Christmas inside. 😂 people are going to think I’ve lost my mind.

Irisheyes that is great news! So happy for you. Chemo is tough. Doable but not fun.

Ladies I hope everyone is doing well.

Love and hugs.

Shannon.

• wheatfields
    edited October 2021

Irish, that is wonderful news! And Shannon so glad you are better. Praying for you all!

Wheatfields

• sunshine99
    edited October 2021

Irish and Shannon, thanks for the updates. My DH is the one who puts up all the decorations. Shannon, you could really do it up and put up Valentine's hearts and shamrocks. Hey, why not? It would really give your neighbors something to talk about, right?

Hoping and praying for a lovely day for each one of us today.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Lord, we thank you for answered prayers. We have seen answered prayers especially for Chris, Shannon, Wheatfields and Irish in the last few weeks and we are grateful. We are grateful that you are seeing GB through her Taxol treatment. We are grateful for Esther completing her radiation. We are grateful that Shannon's gout has improved. We are grateful for ALL the blessings you give each and every one of us every single day. I am grateful that I am getting back to my life after a long time of illness. I thank you for each sister here and how each and every one is special to this little online community. We thank you for this day and all of the things that will unfold. Help us to be bright lights to a world that is full of darkness. I recently saw this phrase on another thread. This person said I am looking for hope. Help us to be the type of people that those looking for hope will be drawn to us so we can share what our hope is. For we know that our hope is in you Lord Jesus. Thank you for all that you have done for us, are doing for us, and will do for us. The question now is what can we do for YOU?

Love,

Nancy