Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited October 2021

Hello All. I am sitting on the deck of the cruise ship. I got a bladder infection but the onboard doctor wrote me a prescription so I should be feeling better soon. I was up all night and need laundry done already... otherwise, it is nice and 80 degrees here in Cabo San Lucas. I do have email, just no phone. The ship is only about 60% full so it is really comfortable, and with 900 crew members to serve me I should have no complaints!

I love listening to the water hit the boat and as I lay awake last night, I thought of the disciples in their fear knowing I don't have to see Jesus up and awake to know he is with me and in control. He is the master of the seas and the redeemer of my soul. I praise Him for His majesty.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited October 2021

Chris, it is so good to hear from you but I am so sorry you have a bladder infection. I hope the meds kick in quickly. With all the crazy weather the West coast was getting I was hoping that didn't affect your cruise from taking off and obviously not. In spite of this setback I pray that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself and get some rest and relaxation.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2021

Chris well if you have to have a bladder infection what a better place to feel crummy than a cruise. I’m sorry your feeling bad but the view will make you feel better I’m sure. I pray your infection clear fast and you have a restful enjoyable cruise. Oh and with lots of good food and fun, and laughter.

Thank you all for praying for me. My gout gets a little better every day. Surgery is Tuesday. Please say some prayers for it. Pray I do very well, pray for clean margins, and cancer free after surgery. And pray for an easy recovery. I’m a little nervous. But I know I’ll be ok with God in the room.

Praying for you all to have a wonderful rest of the week.

Love and hugs

Shannon.

• Irisheyes756
    Irisheyes756 Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2021

Good evening ladies,

I prayed for you all, health, families, and all the things that are of concern.

I am amazed how things have moved quickly since going to Cleveland clinic. Monday the appointment, today the simulation for the radiation treatment. Next Monday treatment begins.

Finally moving forward.

Irish

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited October 2021

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Faith, welcome home I am guessing? What a beautiful couple and a beautiful church. I am sure your grand daughter was thrilled that you and DH were able to attend. How did everything go? I really prayed a lot for both of you. I hope it was a beautiful time of celebration that overtook any fear. So good to hear from you.

Shannon, I am praying for Tuesday for your surgery.

Irish, things are moving quickly for you and I know you are ready to get on with this and get it over. I am so glad you get the short version of radiation.

Chris, I have been praying your bladder infection is under control and you are really enjoying your cruise.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited October 2021

Good evening everyone and thank you to all who prayed for me. As I think you might guess, the above picture is of our beautiful DGD and her handsome new husband. We were able to go to the wedding and actually felt mostly okay during the long weekend. I had a little anxiety but overcame it and DH managed his still sore knee. The weather was good and the rain held off until the next day and the day after for our return when we had a 3 hour weather delay. We also came home with colds. However, it was all worth it to be able to see our granddaughter marry the love of her life. At least it's probably not Covid, DH had a negative test yesterday and I'll be getting the test on Sunday in preparation for my dreaded colonoscopy and endoscopy on Wednesday.

I could really use some prayers on Wednesday, as I'm very concerned about what the Dr. might find and I'm also worried about the prep for these tests. I sure don't like that prep. I have an awful time with it. While I haven't posted much, I have been reading and praying for everyone here that all your tests and treatments are going well. Chris, I was happy to read you were able to go on your cruise and pray that your bladder infection clears up. Nancy, so glad you are finally feeling better.

Sending love and prayers to all of you.

Faith (in the future)

P.S. Nancy, you guessed right. It seems as if we were cross posting. It really was a beautiful wedding, thanks for all your prayers. I could feel the prayers helping me.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Faith, I am glad you enjoyed the wedding and the weather held off for the day of the wedding. I am sorry you both have colds. I am already praying about your colonoscopy as I know those preps are not fun for sure. Praying for a good outcome. This may be a little TMI but if it helps then I will be glad I shared it. I have had many of these scopes and baby wipes and Vaseline have been my good friends through it all. It is good to have both scopes at the same time. More convenient for you. So it looks like Tuesday is going to be a big day for prayer.

Shannon has her BMX on Tuesday and Faith will have the big part of her colon prep on Tuesday as well. Let's keep both of them in our prayers now and leading up to this day.

GB, how are you doing? I have been praying for a decision in your favor regarding your leave time. Praying as you go through your Taxol treatments as well.

I am feeling good but still coughing some. I realized my inhaler was causing a huge spike in my heart rate so I stopped taking it. I couldn't figure out why I was feeling so wired and then the Lord helped me to figure it out.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• intolight
    edited October 2021

Faith, what a beautiful picture. I am so glad you were able to attend. Now to feel better before your prep on Tuesday.

Shannon, I am praying God's presence will be abundant and His peace surround you for your surgery.

Nancy, praying your cough clears soon.

I am doing well on this last day of my cruise; my bladder infection has resolved. My DH and I have appreciated the time together and are looking forward to a new routine figuring out how to manage the DGD as her mom goes on nights. I have not said much, but my daughter has struggled with low self-esteem for years, but is now blossoming with her new career. It is a blessing to see how God has performed this miracle in her life. It has made our work and struggles these past years worthwhile. May God be praised for answered prayer.

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone. I had a very cool experience tonight which I wanted to share. I was outside tonight talking to my neighbors and it was very interesting that she asked me if there were any special events going on at my church. I was pretty surprised but I have prayed for this family for quite a while. I told her about the grief class I was taking and two seconds later I saw this green fireball go across the sky. It was a meteor and I was absolutely stunned and thrilled at the same time. I was facing it and this couple was facing me so they didn't see it. It was not the Northern Lights even though they were supposed to be visible tonight. I posted this on Nextdoor and one person said I should call the Chicago Adler Planetarium so I emailed them. I have a feeling this might be once in a lifetime event so I just wanted to share this with you. Also she was asking about any church events she could volunteer for. We just happened to have a three day carnival and fall festival going on this weekend so I told her they could just show up and offer to help. I take this as a very good sign for me to start inviting them to church. My grief class will be over soon and I will resume my live church services then.

Chris, I am glad you have enjoyed your cruise and I am glad to hear that your bladder infection is under control now. I am so glad to hear that your daughter is blossoming with her new career. That is wonderful to hear and as a Mom I am sure that warms your heart to see this. I pray that you will be able to figure out this schedule for your grand daughter and it won't be too disruptive. It surely can't be as challenging as trying to be her facilitator when she was doing remote learning. I just read a report from the schools saying that the most decreased learning during that period of pandemic lockdown was the young students. It sounds like she is very smart so hopefully she will be right on track.

Thank you for praying for me. I did some dirty work outside today with my N95 mask and didn't have too much trouble but still hacking some.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited October 2021

Thank you everyone for praying for my upcoming surgery! I’m a little nervous but I know God has me. Tuesday night I will try to update. If not I’ll update Wednesday after I get home. Love you all!!

Faith- what a beautiful bride!! The picture is just so gorgeous! Her and the church!! I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself and I will be praying for your cold to heal soon. I am also praying for your upcoming colonoscopy. Praying for good results! And an easy prep time.

Chris- so glad you enjoyed your cruise. Much needed break I’m sure well deserved!

Nancy- praying your cough ends soon and restoration of complete health come to you in Jesus name!!

I love you all for being my prayer warriors please pray for surgery to go as planned, for clean margins, for a speedy recovery, and for God to restore of all the enemy meant to harm me and make me completely healthy and whole!

I put these on here because I like to pray specifically. God is in the details!

Love and hugs

Shannon

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited October 2021

Work is still an issue. The HR dept for my company is worse than the IRS as far as mixed information and ease of communication. You can call three different people and get three different answers, and they're terrible at returning calls and emails. I'm trying to do most of the communication via email now so that there's a solid paper trail.

It occurred to me I need to check with my surgeon to see about ALND recovery time. I still have to have the rest of the lymph nodes taken out after chemo, early next year. We delayed that because the area was struggling to heal after the mastectomy and I was uncomfortable with the area being operated on again so soon. But since I already had radiation to the lymph nodes, radiation oncology won't touch me. I had macromets with extranodal extension, so they need to come out. Anyway, I realized I won't have adequate FMLA left if I have to be out of work for more than 2 weeks. :-( Plus, I'm expecting a level of disability since it'll be the third surgery on the area, on radiated tissue, and I've already shown signs of lymphedema and nerve damage. It might be very hard to work, at least for awhile.

It's still frustrating that they denied the work from home request. I believe I could have a case against them, regarding ADA matters, but I don't have the energy for it, nor do I wish to trash my career. I'm going to try again this week with my manager. I can't do all of my work from home, but I could do a lot of it, and it that would probably return me to work earlier after the next surgery. I'm not confident I'm going to be able to drive to work at the 2 week mark.

Really my prayer request here is that God would dump a full-time, remote with benefits job opportunity in my husband's lap, so I can finally take a break. :-/

• intolight
    edited October 2021

GB, I will pray for this specific answer. I feel your frustration with your HR. It is tough to have to continue to battle them and cancer at the same time. May God remove this mountain and send you peace.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Chris, I am guessing you are home now. I am so glad you got to take this cruise and I hope in spite of the bladder infection that it was a time of recharging and renewal. Praying you can figure out what works best for all of you regarding your daughter working nights and what that will mean as far as the care of your grand daughter.

Shannon, thank you for your prayers. I am praying for you for Tuesday. God's got this. You have done so well and He is going to be right there for you the whole time as He is right now!!!

GB, I am so sorry you have this huge added complication of your family leave issue not being resolved. I have found that sometimes God works things out for me in ways I had never expected. I am going to pray that HE will work behind the scenes and fight for you when you feel like you have no fight left to give.

I am still coughing and even without the inhaler I had a rapid heartbeat last night and couldn't get to sleep. I would appreciate continued prayers for that.

Have a good week dear sisters.

Remember Tuesday Shannon has her surgery. Faith has her big part of the colonoscopy prep on Tuesday as well and her procedures on Wed. Let's pray for a positive outcome for both of them.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Shannon, may the Lord give you that peace that passes all understanding as you wait for your surgery tomorrow. May the Lord guide the surgeons hands and may they be able to get clean margins and remove all of the cancer cells. We pray for good pain control for Shannon and that she will be home very soon recuperating after a long journey. We pray for her cancer to be gone FOR GOOD!

Faith, we pray for your prep which you may have already started eliminating some things today or maybe even before today. We pray for you prep tomorrow that it will be the easiest prep you have ever had and that it will go quickly. We pray for your procedures for Wed. and that you will get a good report.

I have prayed for each one of you today. I have lots to do today as we are expecting a hard freeze and still have a lot of work to do outside.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2021
    Shannon, we are praying for you tomorrow like Nancy said a peace that passeth all understanding and clear margins and for all cancer to be gone! Faith, praying also for you and the tests and prep these next couple days that it will all go smoothly, and for you Nancy that you will soon shed the cough and any health issues. Also, for GB and work issues with HR and for your specific request. Hershey how are you doing?

Wheatfields
  • bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Today we are especially praying for Shannon as she has her BMX today. We have you covered in prayer dear sister and you are going to be on the road to recovery very soon.

Faith, I know this is probably getting close to the time you will be drinking that "stuff" and I pray that you will be able to tolerate it and do better this time than in the past. We pray for strength and stamina as you go through this day. You didn't say what time your procedures are but I hope they will go smoothly and that your results will be good news and if any polyps are discovered that they will easily be removed.

I have prayed for each of you today and getting ready to tackle some flowers that got zapped last night.

Wheatfields, I still have a bit of residual cough but I feel good so I am thankful for that. How are you doing?

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited November 2021

Wheatfields, thank you for thinking of me. I recently received my COVID booster shot and experienced no side effects. I'm so thankful for small blessings! A good friend of mine was miserable after hers. We are all so very different.

How have you been??

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Hershey, I am glad you had no side effects from your booster. I hope you are doing well. I do pray for you regularly. I have been battling mice and I was going to reach out to you and ask you about something you shared quite some time ago. I think you had mentioned that you had mice in your heating ducts. I am remembering that correctly? If that is correct what did you do about it? I am getting ready to contact an exterminator but I am trying to get my outside cleanup done first. I have not had success catching any with my traps which usually have solved the problem. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Is your Mom still enjoying her baking class? How are you doing working less hours?

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2021

I am holding onto Proverbs 1:33 today. "Whoever listens to me will dwell secure AND WILL BE AT EASE, WITHOUT DREAD OF DISASTER." (my emphasis)

It's just family stuff, but I'm kind of a worrier at heart. So I'm claiming the promise of perfect peace.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 705
    edited November 2021

Nancy, you have a very good memory!

We had work done on our HVAC system last October, and mice were able to access the duct work. They were scampering, jumping, banging, and making all sorts of weird noises (especially at night!). We had an exterminator come out, and that stopped the problem for a week or two. One early Saturday morning, we woke up to all the familiar mice commotion. My husband ended up placing some cheese in mousetraps and stringing them into the duct work through the floor vents. Every so often we'd hear a "Snap!" My husband would reel in a trap, and there'd be a dead mouse. We haven't had an issue since, but if we do, my husband is prepared to go mouse hunting/fishing again! :)

My mom is well and enjoys the Baking Club. Last week she went on a leaf peeping tour. I'm thankful she is becoming a bit more active in her assisted living community.

Carol, I am the worrier in my family. I'm holding on to Proverbs 1:33 as well.

Blessings to all my dear sisters.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Carol, praying for peace for you. That is a good verse. I will hang onto that as well. I discovered one of my kitchen cabinets is falling off the wall!!!!!!!!!! How in the world does that happen.

Hershey, thank you for sharing your experience. I have to say it does make me hesitate to hire an exterminator after hearing your experience. I am pretty sure this mouse that has evaded all attempts at catching him went down the heating register in the room it had comfortably set up house in drawers of an old chest I keep in Cammie's room. It was stealing her food at the same time I am supposed to be keeping track of what she eats. Anyway I cleaned out the room and put peppermint oil all over and that night it sure sounded like a when you drop something down a register vent. I was then pretty sure at least that it could access the room from there because I sure didn't know it was. I closed that register and I haven't seen any evidence of it and have not heard anything in the walls and the ceiling like I was. I had read about putting traps in your register vents but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Your husband's bright idea now has given me the know how. I used to love to fish. LOL I could just see the trap catching the mouse and falling completely down the vent before hearing of his genius idea. I really don't think I have an infestation but I know it could quickly come to that if they are like rabbits multiplying. I think it may only be one or two. Yeah, I can hear some of you laughing at that statement from here!!!!!!

I am glad to hear your Mom is doing well. It is so nice to hear of seniors being able to go out and have a nice fall outing. Our colors are very late this year but they are really nice now. We have been in the 20's the last couple of nights so my my begonias were still living before last night. I took most of my flowers out of the pots which was hard to do as they were still blooming but it is Nov. This is unheard of to have flowers this late. They have had a good run.

BTW. I could not log onto BCO for a couple of hours as I was trying to post. I thought maybe I had a virus but both of my computers were having issues so maybe it was a BCO issue.

Shannon I am praying that all went well yesterday and that you are resting comfortably now with good pain control. Let us know you are are doing when you are up to it.

Faith, I imagine you are home now. I thought of you quite a bit especially yesterday when the worst of the prep was probably happening. I hope you got good news today. Let us know how things went when you are up to it.

GB, how are you doing. I know tomorrow is another treatment day. I have been praying for a miracle for your work situation.

Irish, how are you doing? When you mentioned your radiation was going to start next Monday I was not sure which Monday you meant. I think you had mentioned your mapping session you had already. Praying all goes smoothly for you.

Wheatfields, I hope your foot is healed now after your biopsy and you are doing well.

Chris, how are you doing now that you are back home. I hope you are remembering all of those peaceful times on your cruise. How is the schedule working out for all of you since your daughter is working nights?

Esther, praying for you as you are making the trek again after your tenting. Praying for safety on the road. Praying that the cording in your arm will resolve soon.

Ade, I am still praying for you and James. We miss your posts.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Hello Everyone. Quick post: I have been reading and praying for your treatments, surgeries, parent care, and mice! It is so good to know God cares about it all. I add Ade and James daily as I too am concerned.

I haven't posted in a couple of days as I am now sick. Since my six-year-old DGD is here and my daughter works in a NICU, I have to be extra careful so I went and got a Covid test this morning. I have no respiratory symptoms but I need to know. I have a headache, stomach ache, and continual "Big D" that has gone on for several days now. Hopefully it is just a flu. I was even on an antibiotic! so it must be viral. The good news is that I already lost the extra weight I put on during the cruise although I would not recomment this method...

Love to all, Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

OH Chris, I am sorry you are dealing with this. I am praying for you right now!!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited November 2021

Thank you all for your prayers for my procedure today. I felt your prayers, I didn’t have much anxiety at all while waiting for the delayed procedure. I really believe prayers and some medication have helped me a lot. It went well and the doctor said all looked good, but he took a couple of biopsies and the worrier in me wants to see the results yesterday. 😉 However, the prep was not easy, I was up till almost 4am waiting for things to clear up. Sorry (TMI)Then awake at 7am to get ready to leave for the hospital, so I’m beyond tired right now.

Shannon, I pray your surgery went well and they were able to get all the cancer and your recovery is easy with good pain control. If you need to hear a hopeful story about living a long life with cancer, I’m your girl, mine was first discovered in 1992 and after surgery and chemo, I was free of cancer until 2016 when it reared its ugly head again in my lung, but I’m still here thanks to the modern meds we now have. I’m convinced that prayers have helped me and they will help you too.

Chris, I’m happy you enjoyed your cruise but sorry you feel bad now. I wonder if your “ big D” is from the antibiotic you are on? My PCP told me to double my probiotics and take a half of an immodium tablet when I started the antibiotic for my infected root canal. So far it has helped.

Nancy, I hope your kitchen cabinet is an easy fix and you catch that mouse in the house. How DOES a cabinet fall off the wall???

I’m praying for everyone’s needs every day and including Ade and James, I pray you are both well and just taking a needed break that we all need once in awhile. We miss you and your lovely prayers.

Love and prayers for all from this very tired lady,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2021

Faith, it is so good to hear from you. I am glad this ordeal is over and I am praying for good results. I hope you don't have to wait too long for results. I have never had an early procedure for the fact that I am usually up most of the night with the prep too. I am sure you are exhausted. It is garbage night and I have a ton of things to haul to the curb so I am going to make this short. I am not sure if a mouse had anything to do with my cabinet but I will be calling someone tomorrow to see what they can do. I am of course scared to death it might completely crash to the floor. That would be enough to kill both Cammie and me if we happened to be there when it happened. Rest well tonight.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited November 2021

Taxol #7 today! I see the doctor today too.

Work is still bad. I believe my company has the most incompetent HR dept. The person handling my FMLA case just doesn't return calls or emails, and when you call someone else to complain and try to get assistance, they just transfer you into the same person's voicemail. So useless. At least I have a nice email paper trail on it.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited November 2021

Good morning, ladies. Glad to see the BCO site is up and running again!

Hershey, I think the mice sleep all day so that they can party all night!

Nancy, thank you for your prayers. My DH and I were (jokingly) rewriting Scripture last night on our walk: "Rejoice in the good times, pray when things get really bad, give thanks when you get a bonus at work!" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. I do hope God has a sense of humor - haha. Last week, our pastor was preaching and misquoted John 3:16: ...that whosoever BEHAVETH in Him..." He went on and then stopped and said, "Oh wait, it's not BEHAVETH, it's BELIEVETH" Good one. I love this guy.

Chris, glad you're safely home, but am sorry you're sick now. I hope it's "just" the flu.

Faith, I'm glad your procedure is behind you (sorry for the bad pun!) and am praying for good results.

In case I missed a post from Shannon, I, too, hope your surgery went well and they removed all of the cancer.

gb, it's so frustrating to not get responses from people - especially when that is their job. Time to call the other HR (Heavenly Resources - as it was referred to in one my Hallmark movies). Actually, that sounded like the "other" HR was a last resort, and I didn't mean that at all. It should be our "first resort", right?

I love the Oswald Chambers quote which is something to the effect that prayer is not preparation for the battle, it IS the battle. Prayer is not preparation for the work, it IS the work.

Carol

• intolight
    edited November 2021

Carol, love the "mis-qoute" from your pastor. It sounds like faith versus vs work!

Good news, my Covid test was negative. Bad news, my DGD is sick. Did I give her something? I was just convincing myself I was sick from the antibiotic... Anyway, I am still not 100% today so maybe I do have the flu.

Praying for a peaceful recovery day for everyone.

Chris