Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I heard from the GI doc last night - all biopsies benign and normal.

The esophagus was so tight he had to switch to a small scope. He was able to dilate it some but not to normal. He was able to safely get it to 12mm (normal is usually >15mm). He offered to dilate again if my swallowing problems persist.

Still have trouble with coughing/phlegm at night. Will use the wait and see approach.

Still in a fog today. I think I'll go take a walk and see if it helps. I need to go to the bank and figure out our account information since our bank was acquired by another bank. First bank was also DH's employer so now he has a new employer.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872

Carol, that is great news from the biopsies. I sure hope that you are able to get some help regarding your esophagus issues. The coughing sounds like possible allergies. I hope your walk helps with the brain fog. I know you are dealing with so many things. I hope you get a respite from all of these issues very soon!!!!

Hershey, thank God for your old dorm fridge. Sorry you have to wait so long to get the new one. At the rate this summer has been flying by you should have it in the blink of an eye.😘

Have a good weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

I though I just posted but can’t see it. Will be calling the GI doc tomorrow since I cannot keep anything down. Have tried a few sips of water but the spasms are so bad I start vomiting. DH is worried.
    Prayers would be appreciated.

• bandwoman1234

Oh Carol,

I am praying right now. I wonder if your GI doctor could be reached on a Sunday. Urgent care or ER? I have seen where meds can be given for esophagus spasms.

Lord, I lift up Carol to you now. I pray that you would put a healing hand on her and stop these spasms that are making her so sick. Give her peace, rest and freedom from fear. Put your loving arms of comfort around her. I pray this is Jesus name. Amen.

I know you will be surrounded by prayer as our dear sisters here see your post.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Thank you, Nancy. DH was getting worried, so we called the GI office and the on call doc called me back.

He wanted me to go to Urgent Care. They were super nice. I got IV fluids (I had lost 4 pounds in 24 hours), Zofran (YAY), a CT scan, chest x-ray and blood work.

The CT showed new areas of concern in my lungs, but I'll follow up with the lung doc. I was able to drink some water and some apple juice without vomiting and the doc asked me if I wanted to go home. Yes, please.

I'm doing better this morning and slept pretty well last night - I used the wedge pillow for the first time, which wasn't super comfortable, but I wanted to keep my torso elevated. I'm holding off on the Ibrance because I'm afraid it triggered the vomiting yesterday. Will try some Ensure in a little while.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers!

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331

Carol, I am cross responding as I wanted this posted here too so I don't forget… You are in my daily prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2023

Carol,

I am so glad you called the on call doc. I sure hope you are feeling much better now. You are in my prayers as you go through this challenging time.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 703
    edited July 2023

Carol, you and your husband are in my daily prayers. I'm thankful that the doctor on call directed you to the urgent care center, and I hope you are comfortably resting at home. We are all praying for you.

• sunshine99

Love the sign, teka!

Am doing better today. Will take a two-week break from the Ibrance and then see my MO to discuss my meds. I still need to schedule a motility study (measures the "movement" of the esophagus) and see my PCP. I'm trying to increase my water intake today. My goal is 2 24-ounce glasses of water. Ensure goes down ok and I'm hoping to have some chicken-tortilla soup for lunch. It's almost pureed, so there are no large chunks in it.

Oh, and the good news is that when I was in Urgent Care, they did an EKG and I DO have a heart!

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Teka, I love that sign. I need to take that to heart!!

Carol, I am SO glad to hear you have a heart🧡!!!! and so glad you are doing better. I once told an MRI tech when I was getting ready for a brain MRI was they were checking to see if I had one. He just looked at me. LOL A little humor goes a long way in stressful times I have found. We are all praying for you. Enjoy your soup.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Nancy, when I went in for my brain EEG, I told DH that first they tapped on my skull to see if it sounded hollow and then they shone a light in one ear to see if the light came through to the other side. It was all good, so they proceeded with the test.

I'm sorry your tech didn't have more of a sense of humor. hahaha

Thank you for the continued prayers. I can definitely feel the love.

Carol

• intolight

Carol, your sense of humor made me smile. Praying for you friend.

Teka, I need a copy of your sign for my new deck! (when it is finished that is)

Nancy, how is your knee? Thinking about you today.

Today is the hottest day of the year (so far) at 92*. But one thing I like about the Springs is it will cool to 52* tonight. I went out and had lunch with a friend and returned home to find my mini O2 concentrator waiting for me. Yahoo! I am trying it out now. They tell me I can't sleep with it so I don't know about overnight trips, but so far it is working fine. At least I won't need to pull the big tank along with me everywhere I go.

MRI tomorrow. I already started back on the Verzenio so we shall see how that goes. Always something…

• bandwoman1234

Carol, how are you doing tonight? I love your sense of humor. The tech I mentioned that did my brain MRI I have seen a few times. Remember Jamie from the Progressive commercials with Flo and the gang. This guy reminds me so much of Jamie.

Chris, I was so tickled to hear that you came home to your new oxygen mini machine. I have been praying for that since you mentioned having trouble with your insurance. That is going to be a game changer for you, I hope. Praying that resuming your Verzenio will do its job without making you so sick with side effects. We had an unusual June which was warm during the day and cool at night I believe or maybe it was May. I loved that cool weather at night. Enjoy that while you can.

You asked about my knee. I am still wearing my knee stabilizing brace which on these hot days is cumbersome but I am very thankful that I am able to do most things while wearing it. I have been wearing it for over 3 months and am not really sure what is next, I haven't needed any cortisone injections but I do find myself limping without realizing it and putting more pressure on my good leg and that has caused more pain in that knee that the injured knee. Since I am dealing with two big issues my surgery fall out with my hemorrhoidectomy has been taking priority recently. I don't even remember if I mentioned this but as a last resort I called in some refills on my suppositories that I tried in the winter and they didn't seem to help then. I have been on them for almost four weeks and I did message my surgeon yesterday and they called in another refill. The good news is that this is helping my pain in the short term and in the long term. The bad news is it is very expensive and made by a compounding pharmacy and I am doubtful my insurance will cover it but I may call them tomorrow and see. It has to be shipped in a refrigerated package so that adds to the expense, The pharmacy is so far away it would not make sense to drive all the way there to pick it up. So I am hopeful that this lessening of pain will continue.

I had my final Bible Study with the Beth Moore series on Esther tonight. I am worn out but it was a great series. We are taking a few weeks off and will resume with another study in August.

Have a good night dear sisters. I am praying for all of you and I wish I wasn't so tired to mention all of you but know you are prayed for.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Good morning, all. I'm definitely feeling better, but getting frustrated at "just one more thing." I feel like a cross between Columbo and My Cousin Vinny. Columbo always said, "Oh, sir/madam, just one more thing." Drove his suspects nuts. Then My Cousin Vinny (not "church movie night" approved) Vinny asks his girlfriends, "How much more ___ can we pile onto this?"

So yesterday there was bright red blood in the toilet. Seriously??? I'm hoping it was just a hemorrhoid. Today was fine. I'm just going to increase my Miralax from one dose to two. I'm down about 4.5 pounds since the beginning of the month. I just can't comfortably eat. I swing between hunger and nausea.

A college girlfriend called me yesterday to check on me. I had posted on Facebook about being in the ER with a fever and vomiting. What an outpouring of love and support. This girlfriend is the organizer of our girls' trips. She just wanted to hear my voice and know that I was OK. We laughed a lot. She asked if it would be easier on me to have our next girls' trip somewhere near me, like Pacific Beach. I said I actually prefer someplace like Yosemite or Lake Tahoe. Give me that mountain air!

Anyway, not much else going on. Nancy, how is everything with you today? I wish there was an easier way for you to get your medication, especially since it is helping. I'm sorry it's so expensive. I'm glad you enjoyed your Bible study. Do you know yet what the next topic will be?

Oh, one more thing (haha) - I was talking to my sister last night. They have an event in Norfolk, VA at the end of the month. They fly out of Las Vegas and have three segments to get there. She's afraid United will cancel some or all of their flights and then they'll be stuck. I told her I would pray for her, which she appreciated.

Then, I "happened" to look to the left of my computer where I have my list of "Reminders When I'm Tempted to Worry." I read her the text from Proverbs 1:33 (NRSV) - "Whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster." It doesn't say her removes the disaster; He removes the DREAD. That's such a big one for me and I was so glad to be able to share that with her.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I must be feeling better. I may come back later and find what I wrote makes no sense. In that case, my apologies.

Love to all,

Carol

• hersheykiss

Carol, I'm so sorry that you're unable to eat or drink much. I've been told in the past that cold foods and drinks are healing to tissues and much more palatable to consume. Do you like cold and creamy soups or yogurt? Ice cream or milk shakes? I pray that you find relief soon from the spasms.

Nancy, was your neighborhood affected by last night's storms and tornadoes? That must have been so scary. I hope that you and Cammie are okay.

• bandwoman1234

I logged in to check on Carol and was surprised to see not only Carol's post but Hershey's as well. I received no notification via email so sorry I am late responding.

Carol, I am really sorry to hear your one more thing. Hopefully you are right and it was a hemorrhoid. I will never ever say "just" a hemorrhoid in this lifetime!!!!! That is so unreal about your mentioning worry. For some reason, as this was yesterday I was thinking back to years and years ago when several of my friends and I attended a week long Bill Gothard seminar. It was pretty intense but for some reason I was trying to remember his definition of worry. I believe he said it was accepting responsibility that God never intended us to have. I do believe we can be in the midst of a terrifying storm and the Lord can give us unexplained peace. I have experienced that. I can't say I have not stressed and worried because I certainly have. I think my Bible Study and really studying God's word has given me a different perspective in a positive way. I so pray for you that you can come to that place of peace in the midst of your storm. I do hope you can find something that you can tolerate without nausea. What an awful thing to have to deal with.

I am doing fine. It is so humid here and I finally took a day to go out with my camera. On my gosh. Sweat was literally dropping from my head. Not a good look at all. My next Bible Study is from Priscilla Schier's sister's book. Her last name is Hurst and I don't remember the name of the book I don't have to purchase this one. We are taking a little break as our leader is going to be on a Missions trip to Africa. I sponsor a little girl in Ethiopia. I wish I could meet her in person.

I was going to call my insurance company and ask if they would possibly cover this suppository and things have just gotten in the way of that. Our neighborhood is very unhappy with our current landscaping company and guess who is in charge of that. ME!!!!!!! Things came to a head yesterday and long story short the reps from our landscaping company are coming to our HOA meeting this coming week. Now the question will the homeowners show up in the middle of summer. I think that is where the "worry" part came into my thinking. I have the fun job of passing on all the complaints to the company. I would much rather pass along good news.

I am praying for you. I know you have another swallow test and I sure hope that is coming soon so your doctors can do something in the form of treatment. Your situation is not what you want for weight loss!!!

Hershey, we have had tornadoes around us. It was just two years ago that we got hit with a bad one. I was just getting ready to eat a very late lunch on Thursday when the sirens started going off. It didn't look bad from what I could see so was a bit surprised. I just went outside and thankfully my neighbors were out and helped me get my really heavy hanging baskets down on my front porch. Then I can't believe I went inside and sat calmly and ate my salad as I was watching the news at that point hearing them say Naperville go to your safe place now. Usually I would get Cammie and we would go into my tiny bathroom as I have no basement. I was so hungry and it was so late I just sat there and kept eating. I know that was not very smart but the storm passed and did damage a little north of us but nothing here. Tonight we are to have a repeat performance and I really needed to get outside and have been busy inside today. My front lawn that looked like a hay field from severe drought has now all greened up mostly because of these storms we have gotten.

How are you doing? Have you had these bad storms? I know there has been really bad flooding in some areas and hotter than blazes in other areas. I hope your dorm fridge is hanging in there. I am still waiting on my new window locks to be installed. Since they are on the second floor it is not a big deal. However with the taking down and putting back up of my blinds a couple are damaged. The blinds in one of my bedroom windows are stuck in the up position so I am having a consultant come on Tuesday to show me what their company offers. The wait time on getting custom blinds is several weeks. I suppose putting up an old bed sheet would look a little tacky. LOL Well it is starting to look dark out so I better get off of here and be prepared to run to our safe place this time if needed.

I hope everyone is doing okay. Wheatfields, how are things?

Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Nancy, I'm thankful that you and Cammie are safe and sound. It's wonderful that the neighbors were there to help get your heavy hanging flower baskets down before the storm. The Chicago metro area has certainly had its share of some wild weather lately. I hope that things calm down soon.

We've not had any rain for nearly two weeks. It's been so very hot since then. We received an email yesterday that the new refrigerator will be delivered on Monday. Our front door is too narrow to move in the refrigerator, so the delivery persons will need to come in and out of the patio door. The door is in full sunlight, and Monday's temperature is expected to be 99 degrees. I do feel bad for anyone who has to perform their job outside under that kind of temperature.

I've been meaning to tell you about my chiropractor. His family still lives in the Chicago area, and they regularly visit the Morton Arboretum. He was quite excited to tell me about the trees, sculptures, and Christmas lights. It sounds like such a beautiful and peaceful place.

• bandwoman1234

HI Hershey,

I was just at the Morton Arboretum on Friday. I tried to find a day that was not so hot and no storms but oh my was it humid. They built a new addition and I was anxious to see that as I had only seen in it the cold weather. They have neat water features and some fountains. I was a bit disappointed though. They don't have this one area of flocks where I could get some good pictures of Tiger Swallowtails and Monarch butterflies. Oh well.

Last night was another crazy night. We knew bad storms were coming and they kept changing the timeline. My hose sprung a leak and yesterday was the only time I had to put on the new hose. Oh my. At this point it was dark and I was struggling with this hose kinking up on my hose reel cart. My neighbor asked if I was doing alright and I said not really. I was about to throw that hose across the yard I was so frustrated. She came over and we both struggled. We sat down for a little while and it was lightning like crazy. I know. Not smart but I wanted to share some info with her that I knew might be hard to hear. Being on the HOA board has it's disadvantages when it comes to this stuff. Anyway the wind picked up all of a sudden it it was like Dorothy and Toto in the Wizard of Oz. Shortly after the tornado sirens went off and we dropped everything and flew inside. A tornado touched down at a nearby town close to us but at least from what I know I don't think Naperville sustained any damage. Now today we are back to the smoke alerts. UGH

I am glad your new refrigerator is coming soon. I bet you will be so thrilled. It sounds like it will be large and nice. My fun will begin in a few weeks when I will hopefully be getting some new window blinds and then a new bathroom counter top and refinished cabinet in my master bath. My handyman was here today and when I told him the price of the new countertop and their installation he couldn't believe it. He is going to be going back to Florida where he has lived several years so I am trying to cram in as much as I can before he leaves. Finding a good handyman like him is a rare thing these days. He is a Christian as well. I need a new kitchen floor so we'll see if we can squeeze that in or if I have any money left over to eat!!!!

Your temps sound horrible. I saw a climate change expert talking and he said we have now entered a new norm and there is no going back. It was truly frightening how he described it. I have a friend from BCO who lives in Texas. I owe her an email and will see if they are still hanging in there. I was in TX in July many years ago and it was so hot and humid then I could hardly stand it. I can't even imagine now.

Well enjoy your new addition to your kitchen. I bet you will love it.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Good morning, all. The forums are weird this morning. Some say "Can't be found" and then it will open but will be several pages back. Then all my little red dots for new posts disappeared.

@moderators is this a new glitch?

• bandwoman1234

Hi Carol,

How are you doing? I am still not getting email notifications but I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to find where I change it.

Are you feeling any better? Are you still nauseated? I know you may have told us but when is your motility swallowing test?

We had a tornado near Naperville on Friday night and we had some tree damage in our neighborhood. My HOA responsibilities have dominated my life for the last many days. Our neighborhood is VERY upset with our landscaping company and they have every reason to. They are doing some very bizarre things. Since that is my domain it has all come to a head a few days ago and long story short I have invited some of the reps from this company to come to our HOA meeting this Wed. If the homeowners actually show up to this zoom meeting it could be interesting. I am sure everyone has a story and I have heard many of them already.

I am praying for you Carol. I just know you are going to get some relief. I just wish they could get the testing over so they could get to the treatment decision. I know this waiting and feeling awful is just awful. We are all lifting you up in prayer. We don't want our sunshine to be sad!

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited July 2023

I haven't logged on in awhile...sorry.

To answer your questions, no, I can't change my insurance unless I got a different job or dumped group health for the ACA plans, which in my state everyone seems to hate.

As of yesterday, my work benefits dept was still investigating. Other problems have arose with the insurance company (from what I'm hearing from coworkers). It's a big debacle. If things don't go favorably from the investigation they're doing for me, I will lodge a formal complaint through the state insurance commission, for breach of contract. That's my plan right now. I have a feeling my claims issues are just the tip of the iceberg, and they need to be called out on it.

• sunshine99

Thank you, Nancy. No real relief yet and am still waiting on the motility test authorization. I so appreciate your prayers!

Oh, my! Tornadoes and HOAs. What a combo. I can't imagine all the hassle you must be going through. I'm glad you didn't have any immediate damage from the tornado.

My sister called me the other day to tell me that her LDS neighbors stopped by. I had met them when we were they in May. Nicest people ever! They told my sister that they had put my name and DH's name on the SLC temple prayer list. This list is prayed for daily by a team. I'm tearing up as I write this. She (my sister) was choking up as she told me this. I'm amazed, stunned, humbled, and ever so grateful.

My housekeeper is coming today instead of tomorrow. Need to get out of the house. I will see if I can get my pedicure today. Otherwise will probably just hang out on the front porch. It feels like it's about 10 degrees cooler that the back side of the house. Light breeze, view of the street… It's very nice. If I think of it, I'll take a photo.

gb, good to hear from you. I'm beyond sorry for all the insurance woes.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

GB, it sounds like you are not the only one having issues. What a nightmare. I hope this can be resolved. Reporting this insurer to your State sounds like a good idea. I hope you can enjoy some good and pleasant moments of summer in the midst of all this "stuff".

Carol, I am still not receiving email notifications as I like to respond most of the time as soon as I can. I did notify the site of my technical issues. When is your motility test or can't you schedule until you get authorization? Okay, can you help me out here? I know what LSD is (not from personal experience) but I don't know what LDS is. I also don't know what SLC but I am guessing a Jewish organization. That is awesome that there is a team that is praying for you daily. I know our God is a very BIG God and nothing is too hard for him. I would ask for prayer for you from my Bible Study but we are on a short hiatus right now. I know the ladies here are praying for you.

I had a tree branch fall from my backyard but I was able to deal with it myself. One of our neighbors very close by had a very big limb fall into her yard so that has been some doing trying to undo what was put into motion and redirect the problem to the City.

We have an HOA meeting tomorrow and I have invited two reps from our landscaping company to come. I am praying our residents will participate in this zoom meeting.

I just had a design consultant here today and I have bought blinds for my second story. Now I hope that this will happen before I have to empty my whole bathroom cabinet out when that work will happen for that. Otherwise the blinds installers won't have any place to step inside one of my rooms once I put all the contents in that room. Then I am trying to squeeze in a new kitchen floor before my handyman leaves for Florida. It's been nuts but fun and exciting and exhausting all at the same time.

Wheatfields, how are you doing? I am concerned about you. I saw on my phone a few days ago a video of the sun totally disappearing in SD because of the smoke. I hope you are okay. We had a couple more days of smoke and today I finally got to open my windows as our air is much improved. How are things with your sister and BIL. How are you doing?

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Ha! Nancy, I had to go back and read my post to see if I had written LSD instead of LDS. LDS is Latter Day Saints. My sister, living in St. George, says they use that term rather than "Mormon." I'm not sure why, but I'm trying to follow suit. SLC is Salt Lake City. Sorry for the use of the abbreviations! :)

I'm checking my email daily for notification on the approval for the motility study. The GI desk told me it could take a couple of weeks. I did call my insurance company, but they were of little help since it's all "automated" whatever that means.

I'm continuing to take it easy with what I'm eating. I'm experimenting with soft/pureed/liquid foods. I was down another half-pound today for a total of 7 pounds in the last month. Didn't have a lot to lose as I started at 125 and this morning I was 118. I do have a follow-up appointment with my MO next Monday.

I was planning on sitting on my front porch yesterday while my housekeeper was here. Actually, she is in Mexico, so she sent her cousin (who is equally sweet.) Her cousin brought her niece and her niece sat on the front porch. I ended up walking to the grocery store and then went and got my six-week pedicure.

So here's the pedicure story: I was in a chair back in the corner and the place was pretty full. It was fun just watching people and listening to conversations. I could hear a woman laughing and I was looking around trying to locate the laugh. It was the richest most delightful laugh I've ever heard.

When I finished, I walked over to her and told her how delightful I found her laugh. I thanked her for it and turned to leave. I heard her say to her technician how she felt that God used her in some amazing ways. It made my day. My toes look awesome, too! I get the fancy "European Spa Treatment" with the salt rub, etc. I like to pick a bright red color for my toes.

Nancy, I will pray for your HOA meeting as well as your process with your binds.

I'm off to the natural foods market to get some protein powder and some body wash.

BTW, I wanted to share something else, if it's not TMI. I seem to have frequent "bathroom" issues of not being regular and sometimes it's quite uncomfortable. I may have found a solution: I take one dose of Miralax in the morning and one dose at night. At night, I mix the Miralax with 3/4 teaspoon of liquid magnesium. The brand I use is KAL Purely Magesium Ionic. I put both in a glass of water and mix them together. The magnesium is NASTY tasting, but I manage to get it down. The result is a "comfortably soft" movement. Yay! Believe me, if you've not had bathroom issues, you have no idea what a relief it is to be able to "go" without effort or pain. Again, I apologize if this is TMI.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Hi Carol,

That is too bad you didn't get to just sit on your front porch. I loved your pedicure story. I love to laugh and enjoy being around people that do even though many may see me as being very serious.

I am really concerned about your weight loss and I just am wanting for one of your doctors to step up and do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says the retired band director who knows nothing about medicine.

Thank you for your prayers regarding my meeting tonight and my blinds.

Thanks for the info on the Miralax. I am glad that is helping you.

I am not sure if I shared this or not. We have had guest speakers this month and this one lady said something in her message that really stuck with me. She had a bunch of flower pots visually demonstrating the seed parable. She said don't dig up in doubt what you have planted in faith. I loved that. I know it is not easy to walk by faith during a dark time where direction seems evasive like you are groping in the dark. I really believe that during these times Jesus could not be any closer to us. He is guiding us through the darkness even though we can't see it or feel it. Keep reaching out to Jesus. He is right there by your side and He knows all the things you are going through right now. He knows what you need even with a lady who had the rich laugh that blessed you.

I'm praying!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• intolight

Hello everyone. I too have not been receiving any email notifications of posts and I have been so busy I totally spaced accessing all your posts. So please forgive me.

Nancy, I hope your HOA meeting tonight goes well. I know first-hand what these can be like. It seems like we changed our landscaping company every few years when I was on the board. I am also praying for your house remodeling.

Carol, I am concerned about you and lift you up in prayer that God will heal your esophagus and help you eat more. Also that you will be relieved of your other issues.

Refrigerator woes…ugh! Our new one was delivered last month with a two-foot-long dent on the side but we have decided to keep it with a slight price reduction. I like it and same models are back-ordered with no date in sight so who knows when or even if we can get the same model. Remember two years ago I went without one for three months for our SD condo waiting for the correct repair.

I can't remember all of the posts I have had to catch up on, and I am sorry I didn't write them down. But know you are all in my prayers. I think of you as special friends.

The man who was heading our deck construction fell off a deck (not ours) and broke his leg, so our work is on hold until the company can get personnel changed around. It is frustrating of course but understandable. The deck construction has seemed to drag on lately. We can't get our landscaping done until it is done. It doesn't seem like much compared to you all, but any issue that comes up when you are struggling with your health just compounds. Physically I am doing okay. My MRI shows some non-cancerous concerns (nerve damage) which explains my back pain, so I will need to see a neurologist. I have been back on my cancer medicine for almost two weeks now and am managing fine with only minor side effects. We took my mini oxygen machine to the county fair yesterday. My DH rigged up an extra battery and we strapped them onto the scooter. I was able to last all day without O2 worries. This means we may be able to actually leave home! Hooray!

Take care. May God rain down His blessings upon all who are here. Chris

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180

Hello Dear Ladies, I've been reading and praying for each of you. But it seems like things happen so fast I haven't had time to sit down and write. Thank you for all the lovely banners and your prayers. I've healed from my fall on the steps and have some PT going on for my neck and while there I mentioned my balance issues and so we are going to work on that too. My nurse friend, and best friend was recently in the hospital and diagnosed with A Fib and so even tho it is common it was kind of a scary event. She's doing well now and will see a cardiologist soon. My sister also was in the hospital for a couple weeks with very low oxygen levels, and is back in their apartment now. She was sent home with an oxygen tank but it weighs about 35 lbs. so she has been doing things and taking her oximeter along and if it gets low takes some deep breaths. I thought this maybe would work because it enabled her to go to more of the activities in independent living, but my brother in law texted today saying that the home health nurse wasn't real happy with her progress. I was thinking they would set her up with a little portable oxygen tank you could carry with you on your walker. So that is kind of up in the air yet. Speaking of air, yes our air quality was really bad for a few days but now seems better and the sun did just about disappear. You are all in my prayers.

Love, Wheatfields

• sunshine99

Hi ladies. Just popping in to say good morning. Rough night last night and ended up sleeping on the loveseat in the den because the coughing was so bad. I'm tired this morning (you think?) but will try to take a walk later. Never made it to the store yesterday. My knitting is coming along, though…

Will post more later. Love and prayers to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Hi everyone,

Teka, I love that banner. I think we probably all deal with the what ifs. One lady in my Bible Study was sharing and we thought it was from her own diary. It was actually from another of our Bible Study sisters. She talked about watching her young daughter (at the time) playing on the playground. She would run to this thing and then run to that thing. The Mom said slow down you might fall. The young girl's reply was and I might not!!!!! I guess that was a lesson for all of us.

Wheatfields, I do hope that your PT helps your neck and your balance. I am glad you are all healed from your fall. I am sure that was a scare regarding your nurse, best friend. I hope she does well. Yes, it is common but it still is scary for the person going through it and their best friend watching on the sidelines. I'm sorry to hear about your sister being in the hospital. I do hope she can get a mini oxygen tank like Chris from this thread recently got after battling with insurance. So she is back home. Is the search for a facility still happening. With her oxygen scare I imagine they are glad to be home for now.

Carol, so sorry you had a bad night. I am glad your knitting is a hopefully a good distraction from everything. I have an out of town apt today so I need to scoot.

I am praying for all of you. BTW Is anyone else having issues with NO email notifications from BCO? They tried to help me but it unfortunately didn't work. So if I don't respond to a PM or a post you know why.

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Nancy, I hope the HOA meeting went well. I've not served on our HOA board and have no keen desire to do so. The board president is our neighbor, and she can't wait for her term to expire. There seems to be nearly constant drama: people reporting each other for dry spots in lawns or garbage bins left outside overnight, neighbors keeping pet goats in backyards, people speeding through the neighborhood or mowing lawns too early or too late. Yep, it's always something. ;)

Carol, I too am concerned about the weight loss. Do any high calorie comfort foods sound appetizing? Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes with butter or sour cream, full fat yogurt, Haagen Dazs ice cream? Is a registered dietitian part of your MO's team? I pray a medical professional will provide insights and figure out things for you.

Wheatfields, I'm glad that you are healed from the fall and PT has been helpful. I will keep your nurse friend and sister in my prayers.

Chris, it's wonderful you were out and about at the county fair. How fun for you and your family!

Our new refrigerator was delivered bright and early on Monday. The ice maker is smaller and slower than our old one, but overall I am pleased with the purchase. Now to stock up on some real food! :)