Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331

Hershey, University Health is a huge medical system here in the Springs which is why I can get a Sunday virtual appointment. I never know which doctor, PA, etc., I will get, but it is like an urgent care. I tell them the symptoms online and they can look me up in the system before the appointment, and even message my physician if necessary. It usually only takes maybe five minutes for the actual appointment. I use Walmart pharmacy so I can get prescriptions on Sundays too. Works well as I don't have to get up and go to an office somewhere. Sometimes that is difficult for me. My DD or DH run out and pick up my medications if necessary. Walmart is only four miles away. I am feeling better today.

Nancy, your bathroom sounds lovely. I can't wait for pictures!

Carol, how are you feeling today? Is your swallowing improving?

Praying everyone here has a good week.

Chris

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Just got a call to reschedule the EEG. Tech is out. Rescheduled for October 10. Swallowing is better, but I can still feel the tightness and am holding off on the Ibrance.

I do like virtual visits if I don't need to be examined. I just messaged the neurosurgeon who ordered the MRI to ask if I needed to keep my appointment. The MRI report said everything was stable, so I'm not sure I see the point of keeping that appointment just to be told that. One less appointment would be fine with me!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872

Carol, I'm glad to hear that your MRI results showed things stable. Stable is good. I know what you mean about finding results in MyChart and then feeling like going to the doctor's apt is redundant and expensive. I'm glad that the tech found the source of the water leaking from your washing machine. Everything seems to be outrageously expensive these days.

Has your Dad been living in your desert home? I didn't realize he was moving to Seattle. I am sure he worries about you. I think our parents will always see us as their little kids. Bummer that your EEG had to be rescheduled. I'm glad your coughing is better. I hope your brick pavers project goes well. My patio is brick pavers and has held up very well since I had it installed. Kudos on your crocheting. Cross stitching is the only needle type work I have done and my eyes and finger and thumb joints are glad I stopped that hobby several years ago.

Chris, I am so glad you are feeling better. Praise God for weekend doctor apts and for convenient pharmacy hours and in close proximity. Praying you will be good to go on Friday with all things falling into place in the next few days.

Well I am sorry to say that the bathroom is not finished. On Saturday I was soaking in the tub and I could see the ceiling and it looked like the boss/ owner who painted that missed a place and it doesn't look good. No on else would probably notice but I soak in my tub for a variety of health issues almost everyday and looking up at that was really bugging me. When the owner left on Friday he said if you have any issues let me know. I need to say that I paid him a large sum of money for him and his crew. I never asked what the cost would be. I just felt like I needed to pay them quite a bit. So after bouncing this off of my sister she said since he specifically said if there are any issues then tell him. I texted him on Sunday (feeling somewhat guilty about that) and his response was immediate. He said he will swing by sometime this week and paint the whole ceiling. My BIL who has done a ton of painting said he may have to do the whole ceiling and he was probably right. I felt really bad about that but everything else looks good and I wanted the ceiling to look good too. I have not taken any of my new accessories out of the packages and boxes yet and have removed most things in prep for more painting. My curtain rods did come today so once the painting is done then I will be able to see how things look and decide if I will keep all of the items.

After the owner left on Friday I noticed big place on the ceiling in my laundry room. I have had several roof leaks before my new roof and some after and I never have had my ceiling painted in my laundry room. Now mildew or mold was coming through and we have had a ton of rain recently. So my roofer is coming hopefully tomorrow. I just hope it is the roof and not a leak in the plumbing where walls would have to be torn out in my remodeled bathroom!!!!

Have a good night dear sisters. I am going to tell you more about my bathroom contractor later as this is getting way too long.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
  • sunshine99

Nancy, how disappointing to find that you bathroom project is still not quite finished. (Do I hear Columbo?) I hope the painting goes well. I agree that the whole ceiling needs to be done. Otherwise it looks like a patch job, and that is never going to look right and it will bug you forever. Will pray that it’s not plumbing leak inside your wall.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Carol, how are you feeling? I pray you are doing better each day.

Chris, I know you may not have time to write but prayers are covering you going into your prep and for your trip. BTW My dentist today told me he did a 2wk Alaskan cruise and saw whales and otters. His daughter is a marine biologist who I think works at Sea World in Fl. She went as well as she wanted to see some of these sea animals.

My painter wanted to come this morning but I had an out of town dentist apt so he is going to come tomorrow. I had my roof guy come out yesterday. It was really bad news unfortunately. The main problem is definitely coming from the roof. He opened up my over the garage storage area and it was very obvious that the rain water was coming in there and then into my laundry room and my hallway on the first floor. I may need a whole new roof and that was a real blow. I had a reroof in 2008 and went in with my attached neighbor on that project as our roof lines connect. It should have lasted many more years. My roof guy said that the work previously done was not done in the best way when putting shingles over shingles. He is going to try a fix but he didn't sound hopeful. In the mean time I am going to spray a bleach solution on the ceiling to remove the water stains so I will be able to tell if his fix will work. I have a large fan blowing into my laundry room to hopefully dry out the drywall. I watched several videos on how to do this. I already sprayed a product on one area that mold was starting to form. I think I caught that early but that scared me.

I hope you all have a good night. I am praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180

Hershey, thank you for the Pillsbury website, I had not heard of that before and sounds interesting, praying that you are doing well and no baby bull snakes sleeping nearby! Carol, thankful to hear of your stable MRI results and pray that you are feeling better. Chris, your deck is beautiful and we are all praying that the cruise is wonderful and you are able to enjoy the beauty of it all. We'll be praying each day! Nancy, I'm praying that the bathroom will turn out wonderful and you can soon open the packages and we are all anxious to see pictures. Also, praying for your knee and Cammie. Teka, praying that you are feeling well now and enjoying the fall weather. I am going to AZ soon for a week to visit my sister and BIL. It is getting near the time for memory care, and he isn't feeling the best, but trying to be a caretaker (or the responsible one) is wearing on him. Her short term memory is worse, we talk on the phone each evening and sometimes within a half hour she forgets she talked to me and calls again. Praying for you all!

Love, Wheatfields

• intolight

@bandwoman1234 Nancy, so sorry to read of still more problems. Now the roof? At least you now know the source but wow, you need a break! I know you are anxious to get your bathroom finished. Could your roof woes be part of why you had light/electrical problems a while back? Can't remember exactly what they were.

I will not be responding to many posts for the next couple of weeks while I am gone. Internet is pricey on the cruise ship and we are taking a break from our electronics. Know I will still remember you collectively in my daily prayers.

Love, Chris

• sunshine99

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear of your continued woes with your house. I agree that a roof put on in 2008 should still have a lot of life left in it. Thank you for checking on me. I'm feeling better, just tired - but then, aren't we all?

Chris, have a safe and relaxing cruise. I've heard that shipboard Internet is expensive. It might be nice to take a break from the electronics, but I'm not sure how I'd do with that.

I had a lovely long talk with my old friend from academy (church school) days. He had some really rough stuff to deal with growing up and we talked about a lot of memories, old friends and his life now in Vancouver. We're going to try to get together in January when he's down here in San Diego.

Crocheting is becoming a bit of an obsession with me. I sit down to work on something or try a pattern (nothing fancy) and suddenly two hours have passed. My friend is coming over today to continue our sessions. Sometimes, I get stuck, or I know I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. I do see improvement in the swatches I'm making, so that's a good thing.

Anyway, not much else going on. I'm trying to wake up this morning, so if I'm not making sense here, my apologies.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2023

Wheatfields, I hope you have a good visit with your sister. I know this has to be so difficult for you. I pray you have a safe trip and that hard decisions can be made for your sister. I remember so clearly that phase you are in now when we were going through this with my Mom. There was a lot of stress not knowing where she would live but when I look back God was helping us every step of the way. Things eventually opened up and I am praying the same will happen with you and your sister.

Carol, I am glad that you have a new obsession. It is occupying your time and obviously you are in the moment with crocheting. That can be great therapy. I find that in my photography. To see progress is always rewarding.

Chris, we will be praying for you for a fantastic cruise and that you will be able to thoroughly enjoy your new friends and your son.

My painter is coming within the hour. Hopefully I will get to finally get my new purchases for the bathroom out of the boxes to see if they are going to work. Oh my gosh, the painter came early. As my sister and I refer to these kind of moments I had my I Love Lucy act of flying around and removing the final things from the bathroom that I thought I had plenty of time to do.

Teka, Hershey and GB, I hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 703

Nancy, I can sense your disappointment in possibly replacing the roof. It can be a very expensive home repair. I hope your roofer's workaround does the trick and you get many more years out of the current roof.

Wheatfields, I wish you a good visit with your sister and brother-in-law. I will be praying for God's strength, comfort, and peace for you and your family.

Bon voyage, Chris! Enjoy your cruise to the Land of the Midnight Sun!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2023

Hershey, yes it was quite a disappointment regarding the roof. I didn't hear anything from my roof guy so I have grown to understand contractor's timing and our own are usually on different schedules. The good news is that my bathroom contractor came. He had that ceiling painted literally in a matter of minutes. When I said the area might have gotten missed when I interrupted him when I needed to be sure he knew about my new mirror. It was only then that he said I didn't paint the ceiling. It was his crew. This guy is so humble. I came out and asked him if he was a Christian and he said yes.

He has many YouTube videos. He is a good singer and he dances Salsa and has been a world traveler. He speaks several languages and is Czech. He obviously has quite a life besides his remodeling!!! He is nice looking as well and has a family with young children. If you are interested he is James Stauber on YouTube.

I bought a mini chainsaw and realized the time to return is tomorrow. OH NO. So I have been spending time watching YouTube videos so I can hopefully try it out tomorrow and be sure it works. A neighbor who tells me she is a whiz at putting things together I have already reached out to. It doesn't look all that complicated but it is a chainsaw and I don't want any accidents. When I told my sister I bought one she about had a fit telling me how dangerous they are. That might be why I let it sit in the box for a while.

So instead of trying out my new bathroom rugs and all of that I had to deal with this chainsaw. I have a lot of trees and we have had so many storms I get quite a few branches that will fall. With my knee in this brace I can't deal with the branches like I usually do so I figured this would be a good alternative.

Anyone had any experiences with these. Mine is an 8in mini and is battery operated.

Love

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Nancy, my husband worked his way through college as a lumberjack and owns several heavy-duty chainsaws. Cutting branches is tricky. They move around and can cause the chainsaw to snap back on the user. YouTube is a good learning tool, but it may be helpful to have a friend with chainsaw experience lend a hand while you learn the ropes. Safety is key!

• bandwoman1234

Hershey, this chainsaw is only 8 inches but of the minis longer than some. I have watched quite a few You Tube videos. One man had his 10 year old son using it and then his wife. Of course he was there to be sure about things. One reviewer of this particular model was an 80 yr old women. I could ask my neighbor who is now is in a walker. She walks her dog all over the neighborhood so she is mobile with her walker. She told me a long time ago that she had a chainsaw. Before getting RA she could do anything. She might be one I could ask. Thanks for the concern. I will be wearing safety glasses and gloves. This particular model has a lever for holding the device with your other hand so that is the reason I bought this particular model. The others you were only using one hand and that scared me a bit.

I will be very careful. I realize these can be very dangerous. I do some of my own trimming with hedge clippers so I have had a little experience with these type of things. I can ask my neighbor but he is quite busy now. He is a realtor who had to get a second job as a school bus driver because the housing market is struggling.

Have a good weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Nancy, when I saw your comment about buying a chainsaw, I had to take a quick look to make sure it was you! My husband bought a small one, too. He’s good with tools and stuff and did work thinning trees in a forest when he was in college. I agree with Hershey about maybe having a friend around when you use it. They can have a nasty kick, from what I understand.

When we were growing up, my dad was not “allowed” to use hedge trimmers or any tools like those. He was an orthopedic surgeon and microsurgeon, so his hands were his livelihood. My mom could use the hedge trimmer, just not my dad.

I love the reviews about the 80 year old woman.

• bandwoman1234

Carol, so I don't seem like the chainsaw kind of person. LOL I know is it not a funny matter and I am not going into this with blinders on, just safety glasses. Ok seriously, I will take every precaution with someone helping me out with this. I do figure it can't be any worse that my hedge trimmers which I was always aware of not cutting my legs in the process. I could see why your Dad would not want to use any of those type of tools. I can see me using these very little just like my electric drill I bought to drill one hole to put up a hanging basket. I bought an edger for my grass many years ago and once our landscapers started doing that then my edger just sat there.

Thank you for your concern. With my Mom losing two fingers I am very aware of the danger in this.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Nancy, I do love power tools, if the truth must be told. Actually, I like demolishing things. I took the Sawzall (reciprocating saw) to our kitchen wall during our remodel. It was actually fun. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom losing two fingers. Are you sorry you even told us about the chainsaw?

teka, good one!

I hope everyone has a good day. We're heading out to the desert this evening for a few (4-5?) days. DH wants to be there for the paver installation. Demo is on Monday. He's bringing his work computer so that he can work from out there.

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

I decided to wear a white dress as I used my chainsaw.

After successfully using my chainsaw yesterday I will probably never use it for my intended purpose without assistance in the future.

Teka, point well taken.

Carol, have fun at your desert house. Maybe you should bring some of your power tools and help out with the demolition. 😁

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234

Teka, looks like your daughter is enjoying a nice vacation in Maine.

Have a wonderful day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234

We are living in very troubling times and it is easy to get discouraged. During these times we know that our God is still in control even though in our limited human minds it may seem everything but that. I have asked myself what can I do and the quick answer I get is to pray.

I hope everyone is doing okay. Praying for you all today.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight

Thank you everyone for your prayers…God answered them in a mighty way! Yes, I have returned from my cruise and it was marvelous. I did not need any extra oxygen from the moment we touched down in Seattle until lift off to return home. That was a welcome relief! I did well and was able to walk quite a bit in all our ports. This all told me I am able to travel more and has made me very happy. Of course I had some physical restrictions but they were minor. Our friends both got bad colds but so far my DH and I have been spared. We did get our flu shots and took extra vita C, etc. before we left. It paid off. It was very cool but we expected this being that it was their last Alaskan cruise of the season. We did hit a major storm which caused us to miss one of our ports. The storm lasted a good 10 hours with most of that time at night. I felt like we were on a speed boat as the cruise ship would actually lift out of the water and crash down in front….where our cabin was! We were thankful the hull of the ship held. What an adventure! But the other ports were amazing. Most of the time it was about 50* with occasional light rain or mist. All in all very comfortable. We saw minimal animal life this time mostly eagles and puffins, but that is ok as we saw more last time. My son saw whales but I missed them. The glaciers, waterfalls, and majesty of God's country made the whole trip worth it. Thank you again.

• sunshine99

Hi everyone, sorry I went AWOL. Our trip to the desert went well and the new pavers look wonderful. What a lot of work it was, but the guys doing the work were amazing.

I had my EEG on Tuesday – nothing alarming, apparently. I had my esophageal manometry test today. Not fun, but not horrible either. Great nurse who was a former ER nurse. As expected, she had some trouble getting the probe-thingy down my esophagus. She ended up calling in two other doctors to help and to make sure the thing wasn’t coiling up. They finally decided it was in place so she could proceed with the test. It was uncomfortable, but at least I wasn’t gagging like I thought I would. I should get the results within a couple of weeks. I’m thankful it’s over.

Nancy, love the image of the chainsaw and the white dress. Hey, why not?

Teka, great photo.

The EEG tech mentioned the book, “Tuesdays with Morrie.” I had not read it but had heard of it. I downloaded it to my Kindle and am enjoying it. It you’re not familiar with it, it’s the story of a man (Morrie) with ALS and his thoughts about living with a terminal diagnosis. Good read, so far.

Off for a nap…

Love to all,

Carol

• bandwoman1234

Chris, I am so happy to hear things went so well. I prayed for you almost every day. The fact you didn't need extra oxygen and that you were able to walk is such great news. I do hope this will be a great encouragement for you to travel more.

Carol, I was reading your post and was almost finished and it completely disappeared along with Chris's email. So strange. Glad your desert trip went well and I hope you will really enjoy your new paver patio. I'm glad your EEG was nothing concerning. Your esophagus test sounded awful and I am assuming you were awake during the procedure. I hope this test will give more information in what treatment options you have.

One of my private clarinet students who I had in my elementary band and was also my private student for years until she graduated gave me that book Tuesdays with Morrie when she was in HS. She wrote a lovely note inside the book. She was such a wonderful person and mature way beyond her years. I was at a restaurant and was reading it and I am not sure when I realized that I didn't have the book when I got home. I apparently left it at the restaurant and someone took it. It is a most impactful book. I think I bought the book and I believe there is a movie about it as well.

Believe it or not I am still working on my bathroom. One things leads to another and so it goes. I am waiting for a couple of things to come on Monday and I have to figure out how to hang some things on the wall that I bought. It is coming together nicely and I promise pictures when I am finally ready to do that.

I have prayed for all of you a lot. I know with Wheatfields, Chris and Carol being out of town it was pretty quiet on the thread.

We have talked about acid reflux in the past and I am thinking that is what has been causing my stomach pain that I have had for a couple of weeks. I started with some OTC meds last night for the first time when I realized this was probably the issue. Gallbladder is still not ruled out. I think I have had a lot of stress piling up and things have become very stressful with our HOA board and a situation with a resident. I need wisdom in how to proceed. I talked with a board member for over 2hrs today and it would have been longer but we lost connection. I think that was probably a good thing. I am the newbie on a board that is clearly burned out and frustrated and I want things done yesterday and it is causing way too much stress.

I still haven't fixed dinner and it is 8pm here. Got to get to the kitchen.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Chris, I think we were posting at the same time. I, too, am glad your trip went well and that you didn’t need extra oxygen and that you didn’t get sick.

Nancy, the nurse was SO nice during the procedure. I’d ask for her again if I should ever need this done again. Apparently, there are only two nurses who do this test and my first one was cancelled when the nurse got COVID.

I’m loving the “Tuesdays with Morrie” book. It’s interesting that you left it behind. Makes you wonder who needed it more.

I totally get the “one thing leads to another.” That seems to be the story of our lives sometimes. We joke about needing a new washer in the kitchen faucet and end up remodeling the whole kitchen!

Thank you for your continued prayers. They are appreciated more than I could ever express.

I will pray for your HOA/resident situation. I believe that God will give you wisdom and words from on high that will be just what you need. I’m sorry you’re dealing with stomach pain. I hope it’s not gallbladder, although I know nothing about that.

Love to all,

Carol

• hersheykiss

Chris, I'm happy that your Alaska cruise with family and friends went so well. Do have have plans for your next adventure?

Nancy, the HOA situation sounds quite overwhelming. I hope that you and the board can resolve the resident's issue in a timely and satisfactory fashion.

Carol, some of our neighbors are putting in paver patios. They are lovely, and so much nicer than the run-of-the-mill concrete patios. My husband and I are now thinking of adding a paver patio to our front yard.

Speaking of my husband, he was involved in a 3-way car accident this week. No driver injuries, but all three vehicles suffered damage. The first driver was ticketed for careless driving, so her insurance will cover repair costs. An adjuster has looked at our car but is unsure if the front axle is damaged. In the meantime, we will drive our very elderly 1996 vehicle to run errands. Don't laugh if you see me putt-putt driving by you. ;-)

• sunshine99

Hersheykiss, I'm so sorry about the accident. Glad no one was injured, but sorry about the damage to your car. Dealing with insurance and car repairs can be frustrating.

I was kind of astounded at the cost of the pavers, but after seeing how much work it was and the quality of the job these guys did, I get it. It was worth the cost.

I just got back from yarn shopping with my yarn-enabling friend. Needless to say, I now have plenty of yarn for the hats I'm making everyone for Christmas presents.

• bandwoman1234

Carol, this is so strange. I read your post via email this morning and now it has disappeared from my inbox. What is happening? I hope you have fun with your new yarn. BTW, my favorite color is blue in case I was on your Christmas list. LOL I never had that kind of test for my swallowing problem. That was many years ago and maybe they didn't even have such a test then. After hearing about it I don't think I will be requesting one any time soon!! I hope you don't have to repeat it. I had a brick patio for years and then had it torn out and I replaced it with brick pavers and it is so much nicer. My "new" patio is probably 9 yrs old now. How time flies. It is still in great shape. I have a wall as well so I have columns where I have planters. Yes, it is very labor intensive and therefore expensive. I never thought about me losing my book to someone else who needed it. I probably called the restaurant asking if they found it and they said no. So maybe you are right. The thing I hate the most is that it had a touching hand written note to me by this student who was very special.

Hershey, I am really sorry to hear your husband got in a car accident. Thankfully no one was hurt. I am impressed that a 27 year old vehicle is still running. Wow. Hopefully your car will be fixed asap. Did you ever get your house painted? We have had so much rain it would be difficult for any outside work like that to get done around here.

For some reason I have had three nights in a row with insomnia. Last night I couldn't sleep so I got up in the middle of the night and got an apt for my Covid shot. After talking with one of our HOA board members yesterday she said three people in our neighborhood have Covid and one was in the hospital. So my fence sitting on that decision ended and I took the plunge. I was messaging my doctor at 2:30 am because on the questionnaire from Walgreens it asked if you ever had monoclonal antibodies and I did last June when I contracted Covid. I needed doctor clearance to get the shot. Thankfully my doctor responded right away today and no issues for me thankfully.

Regarding the HOA situation three of us are getting together next week to work on violation letters to quite a few people. This part I don't love at all.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss

Nancy, the painter was a no-show for his appointment with us. No call, text, or email to tell us he was no longer interested or running late. Our neighbors across the street recommended another painter who gave us an astronomical estimate, so we're waiting until next spring to contact other painters for bids.

Were you able to get the updated COVID vaccine at your Walgreens pharmacy? Our Walgreens is having a very difficult time getting and keeping the vaccine in stock. We ended up finding two appointments at a clinic instead. A local doctor was interviewed on TV last night. She is very distressed that people are scrambling to find COVID vaccines, reminding her of the early vaccine rollout days.

• bandwoman1234

Hershey, that is such a shame and so frustrating and I am sure disappointing to hear of your no show painter. We had a white picket fence growing up. When I was older my sister and I would paint it. I know what a job and how tedious that was. If that was hired out in today's pricing it would have been a shocker so I can imagine a whole house. Hopefully you can find an affordable one in the spring.

I have an apt with Walgreens for my Covid vaccine this Thursday. I was there as a walk in a couple of weeks ago for my flu shot. I asked about the Covid vaccine (not wanting one right then) and the pharmacist said you have to have an apt for that. I had no idea they were hard to come by now. I am guessing that since so few people got the second booster when it was available last year that maybe they misjudged the population. I have not been feeling well at all with this acid reflux and I am hoping I am better by Thursday when I have my Covid shot. I missed church last week because I had such an awful stomach ache and I missed today because I overslept. I know I was exhausted after having a three hour meeting with our HOA board yesterday. It was only three of us but it was tiring and stressful.

I found out that for some unknown reason all my emails that I read but didn't delete were automatically being deleted. I still have not had a chance to call the Geek Squad for them to hopefully figure it out. I was able to find a setting to retrieve all of those deleted emails. Some days you just want to scream when technology does it's own thing. Is this our future with AI?

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99

Good morning, dear sisters. Nancy, I get on a roll, or a kick, or whatever you want to call it and go kind of nuts with plans to do something – like make everyone hats for Christmas.

I should have called you last night – haha. I, too, couldn’t sleep and finally got up and went into the den to continue my hat projects. Finally went back to bed at around 4 am and slept until after 9 am. I have my appointment with my MO on Wednesday and will discuss the insomnia with her. This is getting really old, and I actually thought about hitting Trader Joe’s for wine. Don’t want to do that, but I’m so tired…

We had a great visit with our kids. We’re going to be GRANDPARENTS!!! They’ve told only a few people and will tell his family and her siblings next month when they’re together for Thanksgiving. (This is the son who adopted us, in case you didn’t know.) I’m planning all sorts of knitting/crocheting projects for the baby. It’s still very early, but we’re excited they told us.

I’m in a bit of a fog this morning, so forgive me for not responding to the other comments.

Love and prayers for all,

Carol