Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2016

(((hugs))) for you cocker

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2016

Cocker I saw this and thought of you. We are all over the world on this thread but we are friends that stay. Continuing to lift you up in prayer as you move forward.

Love, prayers & arm to arm linked hugs are flooding you daily.

Xoxo

G

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2016

Rhonda, be sure before taxol to ask if you can get it weekly rather than in double dose every two weeks. Studies show that every week less likely to result in peripheral neuropathy, which I have permanently due to double dose every two weeks. If your MO refuses, buy some of those icy chemo socks. They may feel uncomfortable during chemo but if they prevent neuropathy it's totally worth it. Neuropathy decreases balance, and that is a prime cause of falling.

Hope this helps others too!

• PeggySull
    PeggySull Member Posts: 368
    edited November 2016

Cocker Spaniel,

I didn't think you are a big baby; I think you are handling a "big burden"! I was thinking about you saying you want to live but you have fears of what's coming. I wasn't sure if you meant fears of getting further treatment or fears of saying no to it? Are you fearful of decreased quantity or quality of life either way?

I told my husband and daughter after completing treatment (chemo and surgery) that if and when my cancer recurred I'd be open to some surgeries but not any more chemo. They accepted this at the time. It is MY life, including all my bodily functions, and therefore mine to choose what seems right for me.

So there are my questions and my two cents. I hope I haven't offended or stressed you with this message.

Hugs,

Peggy

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2016

Cathy and Janet thanks so much for your posts. Its so true, if we progress would we wish we would have worried more?

Cocker my thoughts and hugs are with you.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2016

Thanks everyone for your positive responses. I am certainly a "work in progress" and I can't deny that I have ups and downs to accepting uncertainty.

In fact, I go back and re-read my pathology report and sometimes look at the research regarding TNBC.

Our situations are all as unique as our DNA yet I still look for common threads to me. Mind games at work.

Here is my biggest question, what makes our lives as breast cancer survivors any less certain for longevity than anyone else? Hard for me to wrap my head around, frankly.

Thoughts?

My love to you, Cocker, as you head into a new week of challenges.

Janet

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2016

My prayers and thoughts are with you, Annie.

Linda

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited November 2016

Annie, as always you're in my constant thoughts, but you'll be extra so this week as you navigate testing. We will all be here for you and in your pocket. I know you're scared, and knowing the type of person you are, I'm sure you don't want to see your family worry either, but try to let them take care of you. Is it possible for you to take a short leave from work while you sort things out? I only say that because you mentioned loving your home time. I can relate because I enjoy being home as well. :) Sending you tons of love, prayer and strength. xoxo

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited November 2016

Annie, we are always here for you

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2016

Batesburg, to answer your question I think our longevity is put more on our path than others. A cancer diagnosis in my opinion makes you aware of it more. I think those dx'd with heart disease etc feel the same way. You wonder how long with the medicine last, did it work etc.

• blamoms
    blamoms Member Posts: 86
    edited November 2016

Cocker. I haven't been on in a while and just read the news. I'm sorry to hear what's going on. We are all here for you

• rlk58
    rlk58 Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2016

Hi Peggy,

I was scheduled for dose dense and after reading I suggested weekly to my oncologist.She said she preferred weekly but I don't know why she didn't suggest it.Maybe because of the distance-I am 2 hours away.

Also she suggested adding Carboplatin to thenTaxol.That has another whole set of side effects including problems with white blood cells.She said if I didn't like Carbo I could discontinue it.My center supports icing so I will be doing that. I just spent 4 days after my past AC I never the hospital with neutropenia.I had a fever but they didn't find any specific infection.Thank you for your suggestion.

Rhond

• georgie61
    georgie61 Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2016

Oh my goodness, all of these posts - especially yours Annie are so touching and poignant. Imagine if none of us were ever diagnosed and brought together, would we be blissfully ignorant of our mortality and just blindly going on expecting to live forever? If anything, I think there's a small part of this all that's a gift because it has allowed us to face these inevitabilities and love more, embrace our loved ones more, and be grateful for more. I will be thinking of you Cocker on Tuesday. I am having my hand surgery Tuesday - still dealing with the bike accident that nearly killed me with no notice or awareness whatsoever. Blissfully minding my own business and wake up to find out you nearly didn't make it. Granted, that would have been an easier way for ME to go, but it would have completely blindsided my family. Sorry if I'm rambling, just can't help but feel tender and sentimental right now.

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2016

GINNA..love the quote and agree 200%‼️

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2016

Rhonda, did you use neulasta or neupogen for AC? I have chronic neutropenia and chemo makes it even lower. I used nuelasta shots during AC, and 3 shots a week of neupogen for Taxol. It did help with my neutrophils.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2016

Annie...sending prayers to you for tomorrow.❤️

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited November 2016

cocker in your pocket tomorrow and sending love from philly!

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2016

Cocker: your pocket's going to be awfully crowded, because I'm snuggling myself in there as well! Love from New England, USA!

{{{ANNIE}}}

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2016

yes, Cocker, in your pocket

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited November 2016

Annie, I think your Tuesday is already over and your procedure has been completed. I want to say that all the good wishes on the previous pages speak for me as well. These tough days for you make me want to remember the good times we have had on this thread. To me, you feel like family from all the stories you've shared over the years. Sending you strength and love to face this challenge. Jan

• Spica16
    Spica16 Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2016

Annie, dear friend ~ Jan69 said it beautifully...you have made us feel like family, with your sharing and caring...lifting our spirits, calming our fears, and sometimes wickedly poking at our funny bones!

You might have to dump this rowdy family out of your pocket for a few hours to get some rest...but don't worry... we won't go far.

More love and ((hugs)) coming your way ~ Shar

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2016

Cocker, I haven't forgot about your tests! My hubby had surgery for an anal fistula yesterday so I've been busy taking care of him and our dog's. They know daddy doesn't feel too good so it's been a lil crazy! Anyway, I echo what Jan and spica said. ((((Hugging you tight and praying)))))

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2016

Annie, - I'm in that crowded pocket, too! (Reminds me of the story The Mitten by Alvin Tresselt , where many animals invite others to squeeze into a mitten to keep warm and safe!) We are all here to keep you safe!

Hugs and BE WELL wishes from NYC

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited November 2016

Thinking about you, Cocker! Lots of love from Montana. You can do this. 💚💚💚

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited November 2016

Hope there's room somewhere in that pocket for a big ol' fat guy like me.

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Madam Cocker,

I think this is already an emergency. With so many wellwishers for you, your pocket might not be enough.

Here, you might need this...

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited November 2016

Dear Annie,

You lovely lady you! Prayers always that you will get the best of advice and treatment. You are such a joy of a person who radiates light, love and humor. May it come back to you a thousand times over.

Love, Paula

• greenae
    greenae Member Posts: 246
    edited November 2016

dearest annie

I am thinking, hoping and praying for you. I want to send you the strength you gave to me with all of your kind and sage words, funny stories and thoughtful advice. Move over please, friends, I need to jump in that pocket, too. Sending you hugs, Cocker!

Arlene

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2016

Thinking of you Annie!!!! In your pocket and lifting you up continually in prayer. Xoxo