Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2016

Cocker...I do not have the words to express my sadness. I have just reached my first cancerversary and you have been a beacon of hope for me since I first discovered this wonderful site. The board will be filled today with sentiments from all those you have touched here. One thing I've learned since my diagnosis last year is that we are not in control of anything except the one minute we have now to enjoy life and the opportunity to mak a difference for another human being. You have made an enormous difference to so many. Even though it doesn't seem like it today...you also are blessed with so much love coming back in return. I will never forget you.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2016

Cocker, damn it...so sorry, i was hoping i'd be right. Is it TN or a different type? Is it in a location that it can be surgically removed? Lung area disection has advanced so much. Please take the time to be upset and then fight, do not accept defeat. We are with you fighting...always. XO

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2016

Cocker/Annie- I will pray for your under the larger than usual super moon this evening as I also pray for my friend w end stage ovarian CA.

This is all so unfair and I just do not understand.

Love to you and all,

Janet

• TulipsAndDaffodils
    TulipsAndDaffodils Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2016

Oh Cocker/Annie,

Add me to the list of women who so appreciate you, and I am praying for you along with the others. You are such a support to everyone on this thread, and I hope that knowing how many of us are thinking of you helps a teeny bit as you continue to fight this nasty TNBC.

(((Hugs)))

Tulips

PS Ally, congrats on the great news, and I hope everyone else is doing okay, aside from our sadness about what wonderful Annie is facing.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited November 2016

Annie....I honestly can't find the right words to convey how much my heart is breaking for you and for your family. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now. But I know you're scared and have many decision to make. Just as you have always been here for us, we will be here for you. Always. Lean on us. Lean on your loved ones and family. I know they're devastated, but they want to be there for you. You have an army of support closely around you. You are not alone in this. You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Love you.

• georgie61
    georgie61 Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2016

Annie,

I couldn't be more sick...I actually feel it physically. Even though none of us have met you ( I don't believe) you obviously have made a great impact on us. Also, my dismay is not one of "it can happen to me"! I do know that is a possibility, but I just am really feeling for you and your family at this time. I hope you feel up to keeping us all posted on what your plans are, and letting us support you as much as possible. This f-ing disease is cruel. I hate it with a passion I am unfamiliar with in any other area of my life. To say this is unfair is a gross understatement. You did everything your were supposed to do to kick this to the curb and yet..... You must know, I think we on this forum understand as much as anyone else possibly can, how you must be feeling and would do anything we could to make things better. xoxo Marcy (Georgie was chosen for my grandma Georgia who was the strongest woman I know in hopes that I could channel some of her strength.) I'm not feeling all that strong today.

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited November 2016

Dear Annie/Cocker,

I am so very sorry to hear your latest news. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family for strength and grace. What Ally said, lean on everyone here, everyone in your life that knows you and loves you and recognizes what a special light you are to so many. Virtual hugs go out to you. May you get the best of care and the best of advice. Much love, Paula

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited November 2016

Dear Ally,

Your good news is so welcome!

Paula

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2016

Annie, - second opinion? chemo, surgery, radiation? So many options out there! Keep up the fight!

We are here to help research online and ask our drs if you want us to!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited November 2016

Urghhh Annie that news is totally cr@p. Add me to the list of people who want to support, help, do anything we can to make it easier for you. I'm so glad that you could have a laugh about the earthquake/intruder. That must've been funny!

Ally it was great to hear your good news. Phew!

I have not yet heard about my bone scan results. It's been 2 weeks now so I guess I will call tomorrow to find out what's going on.

Love to all. XX

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited November 2016

Hi Cathytoo,

Congrats on your 1st Cancerversary. Praying for your full healing.

Madam Cocker,

There are so many options to beat cancer. If there's a will, there's a way. We dont exactly know what type of cancer you now have. Please let us know more. I am sure there's someone here with an appropriate info and treatment suggestion if they know specific things about your case. I am wondering why your mass grew so big without detection. Have you faithfully done your meds and periodic checkups?

There's surgery, chemo, rads, clinical trials, complementary, integrative, alternative, holistic, herbalism, botanicals, ayurvedic, traditional chinese medicine and maybe even quack or voodoo doctors that you can try. There's always good nutrition to start with like anti-cancer and antimutagenic foods. The main thing is dont give up!

We are all inside your already heavy pocket, praying for you! Always bring that sewing kit I told you before, just in case there's a hole.

Your avid fan,

John Wayne

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited November 2016

Cocker, praying for your healing. Please use us as your faithful research team if you ever want to outsource that chore :) do you have a treatment plan in place? Appropriate anxiety meds for now? What is your next step? Xoxoxoxo

• kathyrnn
    kathyrnn Member Posts: 366
    edited November 2016

Annie, I felt an urge to stop in here, and now I know why. I'm so sorry to hear your news, there are just no words to express or soothe the pain you must be in right now. I will pray hard for you and your family and I'm sending you love.

• cassylou
    cassylou Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2016

Cocker - words fail me. So sorry to hear your news. My heart is with you and your loving family x

• cassylou
    cassylou Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2016

Allydp - great to hear that you're scan was clear. I bet you're sleeping better, what a relief. I hope they get to the bottom of the weight loss for you soon. X

• Paintingmywaythru
    Paintingmywaythru Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2016

Annie,

I am so so saddened by your news. I can only imagine how overwhelmingly scary and difficult a time this might feel for you and your family. I want you to know how much we all love you here and support whatever you choose to do as you find out more information. Annie you emulate love and I am sending what love and support I can to hold you and your family through this. Love you.

Sylvia I don't often come back her but felt a need to check in. I am glad to hear that you have remained a force on this board as you were when I was active 5 years ago.

Allydp I am happy to hear your news. We face our fears, joys and sadness together here.

Amw5 how are you doing? I know you are early on in this journey and it is hard to get all the info you need, but everyone here will do their best to support you.

• renzkay55
    renzkay55 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016

Hi, I am new to the site. I live in Knoxville TN. I don't know about you guys but I have been struggling with my weight since being on the AI's. I came across a study on

the Forum: Day-to-Day Matters, Clinical Trials, Research Studies, etc., about a Phenomenological Investigation of Post-Breast Cancer Weight Management and actually contacted the researcher. She was very nice and understanding (a breast cancer survivor too). Studies are a good way to let our voices be heard.

Kat
  • jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2016

renzkay55, we are TN and not on ALs but I did see that post last night.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited November 2016

Cocker when you kick me in the gut you do it well. That's twice now you've knocked the wind out of me! What the hell do I say that hasn't already been said by your throngs of supporters? Some are angry. Some are shocked. Some are saddened. Some are scared. Some, like me, are all of the above. But let me say this. You have an ARMY of friends, prayer warriors, supporters, researchers and allies in your upcoming battle. I'm sure I speak for the group when I say we wish you were closer geographically so we could be more than "cyber support". You be strong! WE will get through this! "The safest place in the world is right in the center of God's will." ~ Mike Pence

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

• TNpotato
    TNpotato Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2016

Cocker - I have no words, only my heartfelt desire to hug you and comfort you and your family!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited November 2016

Annie, my friend, you have my love and concern while you face the unimaginable. As you can read in all these posts, you are loved and appreciated here on TN. I hope you feel all the warm wishes and hugs. I always thought I'd make it to NZ and Australia, but cancer got in the way. But at least I got to know you. Love to you, your dear husband, your daughters, and grandchildren. Jan

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2016

Cocker, it's heartbreaking to read your update.  One more hug coming your way, and many more prayers.  As someone else mentioned, can a partial lung resection be a possibility?  I've seen several women on these boards who have had one.  To find these women and learn about their stories, you can type in lung resection in the search bar and see what members come up. Also, as someone mentioned, can you get a 2nd opinion once you have more information on proposed treatment plan?  Oh I'm so upset to hear your news ... I also prayed with the prayer that someone posted.  PS - Ladies, sorry I keep referring to everyone as someone .... if I flip back to check out the names, then my message disappears!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited November 2016

Been lurking and reading along for several days/weeks. I am having trouble finding the right words to express my thoughts.

My dear Annie, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. My heart is with you always. Your posts here on the TN thread have been honest, funny, uplifting and inspiring to all of us. You helped to make us all feel like a family. So as it goes with families....we stick together to help you and to hold you up when you need it most. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending gentle hugs to you and your "real" family. Please know that you are well loved.

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2016

Paintingmywaythru - Good morning dear. I feel so much better this morning. (((hugs))) The support and information here are awesome!

Good morning my dear sweet pink sisters. Thanks for all of the prayers and the love that you gave and showed me on my first day of chemotherapy. I truly appreciate each one of you. I was quite tired afterwards and a wee bit nauseous. Plenty of anti nausea meds were given to me (through my port) before chemotherapy started. Once my chemotherapy drugs (ac) were administered to me, I began to get so tired. Once I got home, I began my resting. I've always drank plenty of water, and I still do (along with a some ginger ale here and there as needed). My taste buds are gone for now, but I will still eat foods that are kind to my tummy, get in a great amount of water and sip on some ginger ale as needed) I will also take my prescribed meds. I believe in God. He's been so good to me. I will continue to pray for all of us. Please stay strong.

• lookingforward66
    lookingforward66 Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2016

Cocker/Annie,

Praying.

Much love,

Marsha

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2016

Annie, holding you so close. know that we are here for you, day or night. While the Internet has been the tool to bring us together, the reality of geography has never been more clear.....if I could I would be right by your side. But instead I have you here in my heart, mind, prayers.

Ally, hoping you get to the bottom of the weight loss/immune stuff . Are they thinking something like lupus? Hugging you tight.

All the friends here, love to you

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited November 2016

oh cocker I am heartsick reading your post as my tears fall on my keyboard. This disease is so unfair. I wish I could find the right words to comfort but there are none. It just sucks. I just want to put my arms around you and give you a great big hug.

Ally I am glad you got good news of sorts. I hope your primary can work with you to stabilize the weight loss. I lost a lot after treatment due to eating less and I contribute some to going thru premature menopause. I feel since treatment I have lost so much bone density and muscle tone. I am now trying to add strengthening exercise and weights to my workouts my weight loss has evened off in the last 2 months.

Hanging there my fellow tn ladies. We are all in this together. For everyone.

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited November 2016

Annie:

There are just no words - none - to relay the sadness and anger that I feel after having read you latest post. Such an ugly, insidious disease in that one just never knows how or when it might ambush us yet again. Please know that I am holding you close to my heart and praying for you.

Love and strength to you Annie, and to your family, as you face this battle and all the fear and uncertainty it brings with it.