Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited November 2016

Hi Cathytoo,

Glad to see you again. I am happy with your good news that your shoulder is clear, except for that pesky arthritis. I hope the pain goes away soon and permanently. I too have pains in my shoulders and knees that goes on and off. I am taking curcumin capsules for it which i found very helpful in easing the pain. Curcumin from turmeric is anti inflamatory and my MO has approved it. I also use lots of coconut milk, raw turmeric and curry powder and fresh peppercorns on my food like organic chicken and veggie soups, and even on my fruit smoothies. They help with the body pains.

I'll try to find the smoothie recipes and give them to you asap.

Fond thoughts,

Gina

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Hi Cathytoo,

I am back with the smoothie recipes. I hope this helps you with your arthritis.

Spicy Tropical Smoothie

The fat content in coconut milk and the black pepper help for better curcumin absorption. This spicy tropical smoothie also aids digestion due to the enzymes in pineapple (bromelain) and papaya (papain), so it's good to drink this smoothie after a meal.

Ingredients 1 cup coconut milk 1/2 cup pineapple or papaya chunks 1 banana 1/2 teaspoon each of ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon (or 1/2-inch fresh turmeric/ginger, peeled and roughly chopped) ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Drink immediately to enjoy the most nutritional benefits.

Anti Inflammatory Smoothie

Chronic inflammation is linked to many diseases and is known to worsen their symptoms. The ingredients in this smoothie have anti inflammatory properties so you can use this smoothie as a natural alternative to anti inflammatory medications. In this smoothie, the green tea and the berries (with quercetin) as well as the coconut oil help for better curcumin absorption.

Ingredients 1 cup green tea 1 cup berries of your choice (such as blueberries, raspberries, cranberries) 1 tablespoon coconut oil 1/2 teaspoon each of ground turmeric and ginger 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed or chia seeds A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten.

I hope you'll find these simple recipes delicious and beneficial.

Take care,

Gina

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2016

Thanks Gina❤️❤️

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2016

Glad it is arthritis, Cathy.

Gina, I postponed chemo by a week two different times. It is best to stay on schedule if you can, but sometimes other things interfere. Like neutrophils of 180 or hives. Both of those happened to me.

Cocker, good to hear from you. Keep us posted. Hugs.

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2016

Cathy, I'm so happy to hear it's just arthritis!!

Cocker, so good to hear from you! You're on my mind and in my prayers every single day! We're all here fighting with you! Thanks for checking in!

Gina, hoping your next treatment goes smoothly! (((((HUGS))))!

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! I'm praying for us all here everyday. I'm so thankful for all of you ladies and men on here! I love all of you!! XOXOXOXO!!

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Thanks Luvmydobies!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2016

Ladies and a couple of gentlemen :)

I am so excited! I am 10 days away from my 3 year mark!! My breast surgeon told me to celebrate - that for us TN gals it is a HUGE milestone. And so I leave Friday for a couple days in San Juan and 7 day cruise of the Southern Caribbean! Some days I look back and think, whoa, did that all happen?? I am so grateful for all of you, your support, your wisdom, sharing your thoughts, treatments, experiences and just being here, even though we never wanted to be! I pray for each and everyone of you.

Cocker, I think of you regularly and say special prayers for you. May you find peace this holiday season despite all that is going on and enjoy every day. You are so strong and a remarkable lady.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2016

Curlyq1974 - Congratulations. I hope you have a fun and awesome time and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited November 2016

To all of you on this board, we wish you all the very happiest of Thanksgivings. When Kathy was actively being treated, we had occasional "no cancer" days, which meant for that day there would be no talk of it, no thinking about it and no worries or emotion over it. For that day...cancer didn't exist. That's what we wish for ALL of you tomorrow! A "no cancer" Thanksgiving with a belly full of the very best food, and, more importantly, the very warmest, happiest quality time with loved ones. All the best to all.

Love,

Mike and Kathy

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE OF YOU‼️‼️ As Mike wrote...let's make it a "no cancer" holiday. ❤️

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940
    edited November 2016

Hello everyone,

I am just popping in to wish all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a lovely time with your family and friends.

Best wishes form the UK.

Sylvia xxxx

• sylviaexmouthuk
    sylviaexmouthuk Member Posts: 7,940
    edited November 2016

• jcpriest0469n
    jcpriest0469n Member Posts: 63
    edited November 2016

Have a great Thanksgiving to all of us.

• amw5
    edited November 2016

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2016

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2016

Hi ladies and Mike. Well B day is Tuesday at 12pm, first on the list. To say I am scared is an understatement, I can't even think straight. I know from the CT scan that this is bad and I just do not want this biopsy but my family won't hear of this. I need to go back and read your latest posts but I'm too tired so will just say all those in treatment and those not having treatment I think of you every day and hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. xxooxx

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2016

Our dear sweet Cocker, we'll all be with you on Tuesday, holding you and praying. I know you're scared, and we are too. You're so strong but it's ok to be scared and not feel strong during this time, so let it all out if you have to. I wish we could all literally be with you but hold tight to your family. Huge (((((HUGS))))) my friend.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2016

Dear Annie, All here are sending hugs, love and BE WELL wishes and prayers. The biopsy will give the drs a treatment direction. Take this one day at a time and know that we join your family with support and encouragement. You have been through so much, - and you'll get through this, too!! My dearest friend went through many lung procedures and treatments stemming from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. She outlived all of her doctors predictions by many years! YOU WILL TOO!!

• amw5
    edited November 2016

Cocker - Sending you lots of love and (((hugs))). We will be there with you in spirit, and will continue to keep you in prayer.

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited November 2016

cocker in your pocket for tues. Holding you tight to keep you from feeling so scared. We all will be with you.

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

Annie...we are all with you.❤️

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2016

Thank you ladies for all of your love. It seems like my girls are phoning me every five minutes to see how I am. I have never heard from them so much. THey were the same with my breast cancer. My Alan has always been a devoted husband and is very kind and gentle but he is being extra gentle now. I appreciate the love from them all but I just wish they would let me say no to all of the following treatment that will come. I adore them all and my grandchildren but I am tired. I still laugh almost as much but I'm tired. I love my job but I can't wait for home time. I would rather go to bed than eat but my Alan won't hear of that and keeps feeding me up because I have lost so much weight. I do want to live but I don't want to go through what I know is coming - a big baby - sure am. xxxxooxx

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

For Madam Cocker

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited November 2016

Madame Cocker,

I have been following your most recent part of your journey. I think I understand everything you say. It will be a process in "healing" for sure.

Some thoughts: We each have our own unique way of dealing with uncertainty. My MO said to me recently that if my CA comes back or not, in 4 or whatever number of years and I look back and only lived those years in fear, how might I feel? Would I have regret of not living fully? Then most recently when I was watching a documentary about children with autism, I was moved by this quote: "who decides what a meaningful life is?"

I certainly ponder these questions and quotes....not sure if any of this is helpful.....but, please know that we are all a part of your life- we are all together in this triple negative "club" and I truly think that together we might better serve the world- helping everyone embrace how to take life on our own terms with loving kindness- especially with oneself!!!

Janet

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

Batesburg...WOW‼️ I love your MO's quote. Several years ago I thought I had ovarian cancer. Before the surgery I was overcome with sadness at all the time I had wasted on complaining, procrastinating and generally thinking and behaving as though I had endless time available to me. When the surgery showed no cancer, I promised myself I would not waste another precious minute of this gift called life. Now, being diagnosed with breast cancer I am trying to make the most of every day, putting fear and uncertainty on the back burner. It's hard but it can be done and it's really important for all of us. Thanks so much for sharing this lesson with all of us, especially Annie (Cocker).

• kathseward
    kathseward Member Posts: 380
    edited November 2016

great news! I'm so scared about my shoulder as well! Have an old rotator cuff tear and bursitis which is letting me know about it during the taxol! Achy around the scapula as well which I'm hoping is arthritic as I have osteo. Will see physio after chemo but terrifie

• meadow
    edited November 2016

thanks Janet for your wonderful post!

• meadow
    edited November 2016

COCKER, as always you are in my thoughts

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited November 2016

batesburg and Cathy how true are your words. It takes having cancer to be scared, to start to live life fearless. It's in my signature below and I think about being fearless again every day. Don't know when I will get there but it's the journey that I want to be grateful for and appreciate. I relate it to when I was first diagnosed and cancer was my waking thought, my constant thoght throughout my day, and when I went to sleep. I just wanted not to b thinking about it every moment of my day. I wanted in a sense to be as fearless in my thoughts as I was before dx. I hope we all can get there.