Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• georgie61
    georgie61 Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2016

Way to go amw5 on attacking with your first chemo today!!!! you are doing the right thing by resting , drinking lots of fluids, and keeping strong. I will be rooting for you to keep your strength up as you complete your chemo regimen!!

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2016

georgia61 - Thx so very very much. (((hugs)))

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2016

amw5, I am supporting you as you begin this fight to regain your good health . stay strong, you can do this

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2016

amw5 sending you support and gentle hugs as you start your journey.

cocker, words cannot not express my sorrow at your news. know that we are here to support you however we can.

Val

• amw5
    edited November 2016

Thx so much ladies.

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited November 2016

Hello ladies,

Where's everyone? This thread did not move for two days. Why?

Cocker, what's the news about you?

Cathytoo???

Meadow???

Anyone???

• Valstim52
    edited November 2016

Hello

I'm here. Had my follow up with surgeon, says all looks good. Lymphedema therapy is really helping me a lot.

i hope all are ok. Cocker you are in my thoughts. Sending a virtual hug.

• rlk58
    rlk58 Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2016

Hi Gina,

How are you doing?Three days after my fourth AC and

The fatigue is worse.Thankfully Icam eating better.

I took a three hour nap today.Talk to you soon.

Rhonda

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2016

Hi Gina....

Busy, busy, busy‼️ What's up with you

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2016

Rhonda, are you finished with AC now? What's next for you?

• rlk58
    rlk58 Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2016

Starting November 30th weekly Taxol and Carboplatin.

Rhond

• Valstim52
    edited November 2016

Hi Rhonda

We are in your pocket. Hydrate and rest, then hydrate and rest more. Sending support

Val

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited November 2016

((((Annie)))) Holding you tight to my heart and sending you all the love and strength I can from across the way. You and your family have been in my constant thoughts and prayers. I wish there was something more I could say or do.

Meadow - I've actually had an immune work-up in the past. I have Hashimoto's thyroid immune disorder, but my thyroid antibodies were abnormally high. Back when we were trying to get pregnant myself, they sent me to a rheumatologist to rule out Lupus. I did have positive ANA antibodies, which is a marker for Lupus, but everything else was negative. So I'm in some gray area because......everyone with Lupus has positive ANA's, but not everyone with positive ANA's has Lupus. (It took the doctor saying that to me like 6 times before I understood her lol.) So based on the fact that all the other results were negative, they didn't want to diagnose Lupus, and I certainly didn't want the diagnosis. But apparently chemo can knock immune diseases into remission, but afterwords they flare up with a vengeance if uncontrolled. So I'll have to get back in and probably re-do all those immune markers as a start.

Hi Gina - sometimes the thread has some quiet weeks, especially around the holidays. How are you feeling?

Am - glad first treatment went well! You can do this!

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes regarding my clear scans. As always, I can't tell you how much your support means to me.

Sending love and strength to all the ladies in active treatment here right now. I have a hard time keeping up with all the newcomers, but I do read along and wish you all the very best. It's such a scary time, but I promise there is so much light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

• amw5
    edited November 2016

Allydp - Thx dear. I'm going to stay strong. I'm so thankful for all of you encouraging ladies here.

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

As we approach Thanksgiving this week, I want to extend my very best wishes to all you wonderful ladies on this site. In spite of the fearful hard road we are traveling I hope each one of us has much to be grateful for.

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Hello All,

Just dropping by to say hi.

Hope everyone is ok.

It is Day 18 since my chemo. I feel fine except for some itchiness and mouthsores, but both seem to be subsiding now. My body seem to have responded from the 3-day Filgrastim shotsgiven to me to stabilize my wbc. The Rbc however, is still low. Been taking iberet tabs and eating iron-rich food for it. I hope my rbc increases in time for the next chemo infusion. The antibiotic and antifungal meds seemed to have finally worked against the mouthsores or maybe it was in combination with filgrastim, which made them effective against infections. The loratidine given to me also seems to have stopped the body itchiness.

Day 17, i started to shed some hair but not in clumps yet. I felt a tingly sensation on my scalp before the shedding began. I got a short barber's cut in anticipation for the massive hair fall.

My next FEC infusion will be on Nov. 25. The 21-day cycle is suppose to be on the 24th but my MO's sched at the hospital falls on the 25th and she says the one day delay is acceptable, even up to a week. Any comment on this?

I admit that i havent read much of the previous posts and i apologize if i missed a post intended for me. I was busy for the last two days attending to some personal matters. I will try to browse thru the thread as soon as possible.

My positive thoughts and prayers are always with you ladies. Wish you all good luck and God bless.

Gina

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2016

Gina, hang in there. Sounds like you're doing pretty good! One day shouldn't make a difference in terms of the treatment so I wouldn't worry about getting the infusion the next day at all!

Cocker, still holding you tight sweetheart!

Ladies, I hope it's not too much of a bother to ask about an issue, but my stomach has been wonky more than usual. Some of you may know my stress tends to go high when I have gut issues. Anyway, it seems like ever since we moved in August my IBS or what I'm hoping is just IBS has gotten worse. I have been a bit more stressed because I didn't want to move. It was all the hubby's idea. I'm two hours my friends and from the Doberman rescue where I volunteer. I still go but not as often as I'd like to. When I do go it's in pretty heavy traffic which is stressful itself. Anyway, I've used more Imodium here lately. Saturday night I woke up at 2:30 AM with horrid cramps and used the bathroom. Then I couldn't sleep because I've heard nighttime diarrhea can mean worse than IBS. That said we did have Bojangles Chicken and dirty rice for supper at 7:30 Saturday night. Hubby had an upset stomach but his didn't wake him up. He said he went to the bathroom four times yesterday. Also, I made the stupid mistake of googling again yesterday and it seems chronic diarrhea could be a sign of liver mets. Yikes!! So now I'm getting scared. I know there are people with IBS who have this daily but I usually don't. Any insight on any of this? I have had pains around my ribs and right below the ribs off and on for over a year. Talked to my Onc about that last October and he thinks it's post mastectomy pains. I do notice that gets worse when I'm stressed or when I've been upset crying. Anytime I talk to my GI doc about the D, he says it could be SIBO which you need an antibiotic for but it's not really curable, plus with my C Diff history I don't want to chance antibiotics. Ugh!! Needed to vent because nobody else understands the fears! Thanks for any insight!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day!

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

Luvmydobies ... First, here's advice I NEVER take for myself...CALM DOWN‼️ Fear and anxiety can bring on diarrhea almost immediately. Second, begin watching what you are eating and try to maintain a bland diet for a while. Also, buy Align pro biotic and take one pill a day. This is a wonderful product that I've used more than once tocalm down my digestive system. It's more expensive than others but has a patented ingredient that others don't have. You can usually find it at CVS or Walgreen. I know how difficult it is NOT to think the worse after dealing with TNBC, but it's really important for us to remain stress free.❤️

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

Gina...one day won't make any difference. I was able to miss an entire week during my chemo cause I needed to travel to attend a family wedding.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited November 2016

Luv, - IBS is very annoying, - but since your husband also had issues, I am sure the chicken place wasnt good for either of you. Sad

Have you tried ( over the counter pills) IBGard? I think I mentioned them here before, but not sure to who. My gastro dr suggested them, and I find they are very good! It is mostly peppermint oil, which she said is harmless but very helpful. Try them!!

I want to reply to so many of you, but have to make a list so I remember who posted what!

Love you all, and I am always so grateful that you are here to share and commiserate with!

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited November 2016

Luv - it really does sound like you're having an IBS flare...and I bet that Bojangles just sent you over the edge and caused the multiple bouts of diarrhea, especially since your husband's stomach was a little upset as well. I have a very physical reaction to stress too. I get butterflies in my stomach as if I'm about to perform on stage and they settle in for the long haul until whatever I'm worrying about subsides - so I can relate to stress having such a physical reaction to one's body. It sounds like the move may have triggered the IBS flare. I hate to hear you don't get to your rescue as often. :( I know it wouldn't be the same, but is there a one rescue you could get involved with to help fill in the gaps? You can never have too many dogs to love on!!! I'm sorry you're worrying though. I know it's easy for us to say it's not something when you're in the moment of being scared. For peace of mind, do you have a doctor who is treating your IBS that you could see? Sending you hugs. xo

• amw5
    edited November 2016

Cathytoo - I agree, I hope we all have much to be thankful for. I know I do. I'm thankful each and everyday.

Luvmydobies - I agree with the other ladies. It's probably the Bojangles and some ibs flare. Also, fear and anxiety can cause tummy issues too. Sometimes the best thing we can do for ourselves is take a long, deep breath. (((hugs)))

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited November 2016

Thanks ladies! I read your responses and went out and got some IBgard so hopefully that'll help calm my gut. I haven't had to go today but I did take Imodium last night. Also I've tried different probiotics and they tend to not help and make me pretty gassy even if I take them for awhile. My GI doc who I've seen for my IBS said they help some but not other's. I did get some yogurt today though. He is the one who mentioned SIBO which can cause IBS but if he said it's not curable and the way to treat it is with antibiotics I really don't want to see him again just yet. I'm going to try to not stress so much and be careful with the diet. As for the pains I mentioned they're present today as well but I did get pretty upset yesterday and cried more than I have in a long time, and had a rotten day all around. I also slept on my right side all night last night!I am thankful for everyday and for everyone of you!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2016

luvie, you have some wise advice above . ...and I agree, the Bojangles is the culprit! you gave me a smile, made me think of myself! I love food, often eat something totally delish, pay for it later! hoping you are feeling better.

Gina, saw where you posted about mouth sores....I was able to keep ahead of them with this routine....I fixed a small plastic container , (like Tupperware) with a mix of baking soda and salt and set it in my kitchen window by the sink. Then a few times a day it was easy to mix a spoonful of that with water and swish and spit...it really helped with mouth dryness and sores. Hoping this helps you too.

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661
    edited November 2016

Luv, I don't post here often, but I do read.

I developed IBS after my first round of chemo. My biggest problem was lactose, so went lactose free and that helped a lot. Hopefully one of your docs will have told you about the FODMAP diet? I started on it when I was dx, and now have a pretty good idea of what I can and can't eat. There's so many foods that can trigger IBS, and some you wouldn't think twice about eating. It takes time to work out what sets you off and what doesn't'.

I know you said probiotics don't seem to help you, but I had to try quite a few different brands before I found one that was right for me. It might be worth experimenting. I still have bad days, but on the whole my IBS is (sort of) under control. I still eat some foods that I love and don't love me, but I know and am prepared to pay for it.

I even got through chemo, this second time around without too many dramas from IBS.

Trish

xoxo

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Hello nice ladies,

Cathy and luvmydobies, thanks for the reassurance about the delay in treatment. I thought that chemo cycles need to be always prompt and precise for more effective results. I guess that one-day delay will give me a little time to improve my low rbc.

Luvmydobies, i'm sorry to hear about your tummy problems. Stress really do play a part on this. Be careful with what you eat as they may or may not be complementary with the present drugs you are taking.

Meadow, thanks for your post. I did use baking soda and salt for my mouth sores but i guess it was too late. I gargled with them only when i felt that i already have small sores. That was my mistake. My MO never suggested any mouthwash although she anticipated them since she gave me an advanced prescription of antifungal, antiyeast and antibiotic meds. I also think that maybe mouth sores and other side effects are caused by the lowering of white blood cells, which makes one more susceptible to infections. As soon as i finished my Filgrastim shots, my wbc were up and together with my other meds, all the SEs seem to have subsided. Even my itchiness was gone. Thank God for that.

I hope you all are doing ok. This thread is really loaded with experiential info and sweet ladies that always makes me happy and feel blessed to be a part of.

I love you all. I will always pray for you.

Hugs.

Gina

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2016

Hi ladies and Mike thank you for all of your good wishes and hugs, believe me I need them at the moment. I am waiting on an ultrasonic biopsy so they can find the right chemo (ugh) and then we will go from there. I am more tired than usual but stress makes me like that so I am putting this down to all what is going on. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me. I don't think I could go through this again without all your hugs and love. xx

LUV stress can play a big part in stuffing up our bodies. I agree with the other ladies that it was the meal you ate but once the diarrhoea starts you can imagine the very worst. All of the posts above were helpful and I also take yogurt if I am particularly stressed so might be worth a try but take it regularly. I also agree with Ally on trying to find another shelter nearer to home that you can help out at, this will take your mind off things and volunteers are always needed for these lovely animals. As for the liver diarrhoea is not the first symptom for this so try and take many deep breaths and de-stress as much as possible and enjoy your new home.

My love and hugs to all of you ladies going through treatment, I may be following you soon. Keep well everyone and most of all behappy. xxooxx

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

Cocker...thanks so much for checking in. We are all beside you and think about you constantly. ❤️❤️

• Cathytoo
    edited November 2016

An update on aches and pain for two months...

I've had pretty bad and constant pain in my right shoulder for about two months. Physical therapy hasn't helped. Fearing the worse I went this morning for an X-ray to be followed by an MRI if anything suspicious was found. Just got the call from the doctor. Nothing there except some arthritis in an old clavicle break from 23 years ago. It's so easy for us to go to the bottom line when we have pain and discomfort. So, thankful it's just creaky old bones.

Wishing every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. ❤️

• gmmiph
    edited November 2016

Hi Madam Cocker,

It good to see you again and to know that you still have the will to fight. I wont ask any more questions, just knowing that you are with still with us is enough for me to go on my own journey with hope and confidence. I will be having my 2nd FEC infusion in about two days, after I am cleared with my blood tests today. My haemoglobin was low in my last CBC.

Sending you prayers and positive thoughts always.

Gina