Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2017

This is great news, thanks for sharing the research news. We are all looking for hope with TN and this sure seems promising.

Anne

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2017

Avmom thank you for the information. That is the breast cancer I have Metaplastic Spindle Cell triple negative. This cancer is very aggressive. I am about to have my arm amputated at should due to this cancer.

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited January 2017

I figured out the source of my pain. My periods have been wonky ever since chemo and last night I started one. I noticed the pain was pretty much non existent yesterday, and then got my period last night. So, I'm going to call my doctor in the morning, because I really don't think I need the ultrasound. She did say it sounded like my ovaries trying to wake up. I'll have a period then nothing for a few months, or sometimes I'll go several months without anything. Anyway, I am sorry for sounding desperate and panicky with my other posts!! I still thank all of you for the prayers from the bottom of my heart! They're always welcome anyway, of course. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for being here for me!!!

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2017

That's why we are here luvmydobies. Any time.

• avmom
    avmom Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2017

DIV, I haven't been posting much for a while, and have just read some of your posts recently. You are in my thoughts as you prepare for surgery.

At the end of the article, it says that the research team is currently enrolling patients in a phase I study. I wonder if your MO would know about qualifications, etc.? I don't even know if you would be intereste in a trial, but this is aimed directly at metaplastic TNBC, which I understand is a pretty rare thing.

Gentle hugs to all

avmom

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Avmom thanks for responding. I wish i could enroll but tumor is growing too fast and my doctors feel thus is the best treatment for me. There is nothing they can do to save my arm due to tumor wrapped around brachial plexus nerve. During surgery they will damage the nerve getting tumor out thats why i have to have my arm amputated. You have been through alot yourself and i am so sorry that this is happening to all of us.

• avmom
    avmom Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2017

Oh, DIV, I wasn't second guessing your current treatment plan, or imminent surgery. I'm not a doc, or anything close to that, but it looks like this trial is about using a iNOS inhibitor (whatever that is) along with chemotherapy. When I was diagnosed 2 years ago, the standard of care was surgery first, then chemo. Your surgery is daunting, but if that gives you the best shot, I'm with you - go for it. I hope you will have great support after surgery, I imagine recovery will be hard, for everything from self care to balance to surgical healing, to the emotional adjustments that are sure to come. I just wonder if that trial Is for after surgery. I happened upon this yesterday, and hadn't seen it here on BCO.

This disease isn't easy for anyone. My two year cancerversary was yesterday. That's my sister's birthday, so it isn't a date I'm likely to forget. What a long, difficult journey this is, for everyone affected. I still have some very dark days, but I'm still here, two years in. Right after my first mastectomy, my surgeon wasn't prepared to promise even making it to my birthday that year. I hang on to optimism that my QOL will improve, and some things are better. Some things are not, but I will take the good with the bad. I don't feel particularly courageous or determined, or special. Cancer just sucks, and those of us touched by its icy grip simply get up in the morning and do what we can. Tomorrow, we will get up and do it again. Somehow, I've managed that seven hundred and thirty one days so far.

Best wishes to all.

avmom

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Avmom I know you weren't second guessing my treatment plan and I didn't take it that way. I appreciate any insight given and the support. My Doctors seem to think this is my best chance for remission seeing as cancer hasn't metastasized any where else. I forwarded the article to my niece who is a PA in New York City and works in breast cancer treatment. I hope and pray they clinical trial helps other women with this cancer. Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary that's great! When i was first diagnosed it was on my mom's birthday so i too won't forget.

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited January 2017

DiV, just so sorry for your treatment to be this drastic. You are facing it very bravely, and you are amazing and my hero.

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Meadow thank you so much! Stress isn't good for us so just facing it head on and fighting. I've read your posts and you always have something positive to say to the ladies and show your support. Thank you!

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2017

DIV,

You have a strong spirit. You will get thru this with God's help.

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Gmmiph Thank you so much! So sorry you are here too but glad to have you! Support means so much.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2017

I just read the January issue of Real Simple magazine. There is a story in there of a thyroid cancer survivor. This part struck me as pertinent to all of us:

"Cancer leaves you living in terror. It's like having a restraining order against a crazy boyfriend. You're always wondering when he's going to show up again".

Sounds familiar, huh?

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2017

DiV....thinking about you and sending you my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. I would tell you to be strong, but it's obvious that you are very strong and brave. We are all with you.❤️❤️

• Cathytoo
    edited January 2017

LoveMyVisla...boy, those words really sums up how we feel. It's like waiting for and dreading that knock on the door.

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Cathytoo thank you so much i really appreciate the encouraging words! A little restless tonight with the anxiety of starting treatment again. Treatment will take all day. My mom, dad and boyfriend will be joining me. Taking cards and going to play rummy to pass the time.

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2017

Hi Everyone,

I just logged on to see if there were any updates from Cocker Spaniel (Annie).  If anyone has spoken to her, please let us know how she is doing.  This seems like a very long time for us to have gone without hearing from her.  

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2017

DiV,

I also wanted to give my support and let you know I'm praying for you.   This is certainly a lot to undertake for your treatment plan, and you are handling it with such grace and fortitude.  You are a true role model.  Glad you found this amazing group of women!

Debra

• DiV
    edited January 2017

InspiredbyDolce thank you! It's so great to hear words of encouragement and support! Going to kick some cancer butt at 9:30 a.m. Our journeys are not easy for any of us and we have to fight every step of the way. I want to live so i will do all that i have to do. My new puppy (Riley) my boyfriend got me for Christmas keeps me laughing. Laughter is the best medicine! My living room has been taken over by Riley!...lol

• Cathytoo
    edited January 2017

DiV...what an adorable puppy. Looks very spunky and ready to help you kick some cancer to the curb.

• SuMarie
    SuMarie Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017

hello Ladies,

DiV, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you start chemo and rads today. I just realized we are both TN. See you on the Rads January 2017 forum.

Thanks everyone for your shares. I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up.

• Luvmydobies
    edited January 2017

LoveMyVizsla, you are so right about that!!

DiV, you're in my prayers and thoughts today as you start treatment. We are all with you! Please, please let us know how you do when you feel up to it. OMG your puppy is freaking adorable!! It makes me want one but we have three Doberman's and they keep me busy enough. They were awesome when I was going thru treatment and always made me laugh. Still do! They're so carefree and innocent! Nothing like the love of a dog!You will be happy to have Riley by your side! Love that name too!! Hang in there and take one day at a time!

• KSteve
    KSteve Member Posts: 190
    edited January 2017

I, too, have been logging on hoping to hear from Cocker. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it!

To all currently fighting, keep it up! It's a long, hard road, but you will get through it. DIV - I have never heard of the extreme you're facing to get rid of breast cancer. Makes me realize how easy my road was in comparison. Thinking of all of you!

Hugs,

Kathy

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2017

ladies thanks for all your prayers and for being in my pocket today for my follow up mamo. I can happily say that I got a clean mamo! Docs even said that my once dense breasts were no longer dense which I contribute to my 60 lb weight loss last year to get healthy. So thank you all for your support. That's what's so great about our group is that we are here for one another even though we are miles away. Wishing you all well and praying for all who need it this week

• Luvmydobies
    edited January 2017

Awesome news Shopgal!!! I'm so happy for you!! Thanks for telling us!

Cocker, we miss you! I sure hope to hear from you soon!

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited January 2017

Annie and I have been talking by PM, but not for 2 weeks. Very concerned.

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2017

Luv and Shopgal, - I'm so happy to read your updates!

Div, - Your puppy is a good addition to your already strong support group! So cute!

LovemyVisla, - That quote is all too true.

Hope we hear from Annie soon.

I also hope that everyone is staying warm and safe. The weather has been cold and wet in much of the country, and nyc is no exception!

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2017

luv whew so glad you are ok.

And div I second meadows post that you are a hero. Sucks that you have to go thru this but we are here for you gal. Your puppy is adorable

Luvmyvizsla love that quote. I keep inspirational quotes and funny sayings on the notes on my iPad. When I'm down or just need to feel better I read them over again.

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2017

So happy your mammogram was normal, Shopgal.

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2017

Congrats Shopgal for a clear mammo!