Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• squidwitch42
    squidwitch42 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2010

Hello,

I am triple negative as well....I bounce around on the boards :)  I wanted to ask those who have neuropathy if you were offered neurontin or lyrica? (there are other meds to help as well)  I was started on neurontin by my pain MD before chemo started, and it has been so helpful in dealing with the shooting pains.  My hands are back to normal after 5 months, but my feet are still "off." I just wanted to share this...

Traci 

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2010

B9!!!!!!!!! Happy dance Laughing   They want to recheck in 3 mos. with an MRI.

Couldn't have made it with out all of ya'alls help. Thank you thank you thank you.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!   

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited September 2010

Pauldingmom:   B9 is a wonderful thing!!!  Congratulations and I bet you and your fmily are going to have a great holiday weekend and plenty to celebrate!!!!!   WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Pamelajo:  I cannot imagine not feeling my feet!  It's bad enough that I can't feel my breast or anywhere around it and I poke and hit that all of the time!  You have been through enough.  Sometimes the body just says enough!!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited September 2010

I have to chuckle about not feeling breasts.  After my last Recon, I was amazed how "in the way" my breast became, because it had been so long since it had been where I could feel it.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    edited September 2010

Paulding, I am just going to follow you and congratulate you all day!  Your cheeks are going to get tired of sming so big though!

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Oh sweet Paulding Mom!.....That is the BEST NEWS!  I'm so excited for you..I've been checking here all day! Now you can have a great long weekend!

• jenweg
    jenweg Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2010

Pauldingmom congrats that is awesome news!!  Pamelojo you cracked me up with your feet story.  I know it isn't funny to you but you sure made me laugh!!  Have an awesome weekend everyone!

• MonikaV
    MonikaV Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2010
    Had my 7out 8 chemo yesterday. I feel great. Took an hour walk , 10 laps on the swimmingpool and helped my husband do the garden and organize the garage. I truly don't know where this energy is coming from considering I had a hard time sleeping yesterday. I had a very mild of neurophathy yesterday and some heartburn.  But the feeling is gone today. Kiss
  • mitymuffin
    mitymuffin Member Posts: 242
    edited September 2010
    Heidi, Congratulations on your clear Mamo.  I am a MSK patient also, though I'm doing most of my treatment in Asheville NC.
  • mitymuffin
    edited September 2010
    PauldingMom, YES!!! So glad about your news. It brings tears of happiness to my eyes.
  • HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011
    WAY TO GO PAULDING! Smile
  • starling
    starling Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2010

So happy for you Paulding!!! Celebrate all weekend! Hugs and love to you and everyone here!

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited September 2010

Great News Paulding!!!!   Time to celebrate!

• JenC
    JenC Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2010

Congratulations Paulding on the B9:)

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2010

Pauldingmom - congratulations...that's the news we all wanted to hear!!!!

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2010

Monica! You made me tired just reading about all your exercise!  That's great...if you feel good..do it!     hopefully you will sleep good tonight!

And Paulding....still thrilled about your news...BIG hug to you and your family! 

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

monika:  Must be the steroids!  One more to go Wahooo!!!!

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

I used 3mg of melatonin last night, but still tossed and turned.  Should I up the dose?

• MBJ
    edited September 2010

Retrievermom:  You keep adding 1 more dose per night until you can sleep through.  When I take enough, even if I wake up, I am able to return to sleep.  I also no longer do coffee though, and even a decaf will wreck my sleep now!

• Summer38
    Summer38 Member Posts: 96
    edited September 2010

Great news Paulding!!!!!

• kad22
    kad22 Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2010

Yeah Paulding! Wonderful, terrific, awesome news!! Got goosebumps - yeah!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Lynn18
    Lynn18 Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2010

Pauldingmom:  so glad to hear your good news!

MonikaV:  That's great you had so much energy.  I also have trouble sleeping after my chemo. Congrats, sounds like you are almost finished with yours.

hhfheidi:  You are right, TN is sneaky.  I thought a clean mammogram was good, but I know now mammograms don't pick up many cancers, especially if you have dense breasts.   

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited September 2010

pauldingmom - Congrats!!!  :)

• MicheleS
    MicheleS Member Posts: 196
    edited September 2010
    {{{Pauldingmom}}} YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!!Smile
  • jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

Lisa - congrats!!! whoo hoo - celebrate and throw those weights that have been on your shoulders to the side!!!

Squid - I was given neurontin, but my legs and feet swelled up (my ankles looked like fat blobs hanging over my shoes).   However, it did help the short time I was on it.

Kitty - that steroid rush is a bi#$!......

I found my TN between mammos - self exams are a must!!!

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Pauldingmom -

So glad to hear your good news.  You must feel as if 1,000 lbs. has been lifted from your back.  Celebrate, celebrate!!!!

• mitymuffin
    edited September 2010

Re: not sleeping:  I routinely take Ambien CR the two nights after my steroids. I know some people have bad reactions to it, but I never have, and it gives me a least six hours of sleep. I only take the Ambien those two nights, but I am so wired from the steroids (my doctor gives them in the infusion) that I know I wouldn't sleep with out it.

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

I took ambien awhile, and am trying to get off it.  I haven't slept well in many years, pre-bc, and am trying melatonin for the first time.  I've stopped drinking caffeine during the day, and only have coffee or tea in the am.  I was getting obviously more mentally muddled the longer I took amibien.  I notice a marked improvement in focus since going off it.

• Cathy559
    Cathy559 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2010

Whew gonna make this short this morning.. Had my Bilateral mastectomy Thursday-- got home finally yesteday. All went well. Thank gawd for great co-workers. They set me up well with pain meds between the fentanyl patch and vicodin I almost feel like I could wrestle a bear if I wasnt so sleepy. LOL. -- like I sai sooo sleepy-- will be back to post more later today !!

• lrm216
    lrm216 Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2010

Wishing you an easy recuperation, Cathy. Rest and take good care of yourself.

Linda