Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Options

Comments

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969
    Options

Yep.....in NO WAY would you describe my foobs as "BAZOOMBAS!"     though sometimes I feel like they are when I run into stuff with them!

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

LOL Val!

Well who cares what size we wear anyway?  As long as the bras fit comfortably and THANK GOD we get to have the foobs at all (that's what I say)!

Deborah -- I think the Anita I posted comes both wired and wireless...

WHAT AM I DOING AWAKE???  (It's 3:30 AM and tomorrow at 9 AM I am off to have my last MUGA of this year of Herceptin -- woo hoo!!!  Guess I'll sleep during the photo session :)

• waldo
    waldo Member Posts: 145
    Options

Val, that is so true-my implants are so wide, too and  I tried on bras at Nordstrom and 32DDD is what fit me- I think I look like a D.  People would laugh if I told them 32E

• waldo
    Options

Lilah, are you all finished with Herceptin? 

• Lilah
    Options

I will have my last Herceptin in September!!!!  (I have three more, basically... one at end of July, one in August and one in September).  Can't wait to get the port out!

• waldo
    Options

Lilah, that is so fantastic,  I can only imagine how thrilled you must be to be finishing up chemo.   

• Lilah
    Options

You bet I am!  Though technically Herceptin is not chemo -- not at all the same as when I really finished chemo back in October... still, it's finishing!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    Options

Denise:  Yes, the Anita is the same fit as Chantelle and very comfortable.

• whippetmom
    Options

SPORTS BRAS - BOUNCE TEST VIDEOS:

http://www.herroom.com/sports-bra-videos,301,30.html

• Sandy3170
    Sandy3170 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I got an anita sports bra at Intimasy that is wonderful.  You can find the pictures at the picture forum, but the style is:ANITA ROSA FAIA 5527 MOLDED SPORTS BRA

EXTREME CONTROL SPORTS BRA.

The price at the store is $58 dollars.

Please everybody, notice that Intimasy does not do refunds. They exchange it for a diferent style, but never refund you the money.  

I also went to Nordstron and got fitted.  34 D.  and 32 E at Intimasy being Intimasy are far more expensive.

• val61
    Options

Thanks, Sandy!  Another reason for a field trip to Intimasy!

• waldo
    Options

I feel an addiction coming- Nordstrom is having a sale and I pre-purchased 2 bras and bought 2 Freyas on sale.

Are there any  Bra-aholics anonymous meetings anywhere??

• Hannahbearsmom
    Hannahbearsmom Member Posts: 266
    Options

I was in Kohl's yesterday and passed several rack of bras for $13.99. I managed to walk right by but it was very difficult! (Actually I didn't have time to look because I was running late.) Just wanted to let others know in case there is a Kohl's in their area.

TCK

• val61
    Options
    Waldo - I should definitely start a chapter of Bra-aholics Anonymous.........Kristinka can be first VP.........you can be Treasurer......and we'll have to squeeze Deborah in there, too.......Parliamentarian!Smile
  • whippetmom
    Options

No, I cannot be Parliamentarian because I do not know the Robert's Rules of Order and I have too much to learn already at my age!  I could be Secretary and keep track of what everyone buys.

• val61
    Options
    Okay......now I get it........you just want to be the one to police our purchases......secretly contacting our loved ones.......who are going w/o shoes because we're buying $200 bras.......Laughing
  • my560sel
    my560sel Member Posts: 399
    Options

$200 bras! Oh my, that would cut into my shoe fund!...... Still looking for a comfy bra here in Canada. I suspect that I am not getting the right size. I have some 36D's and DD's but they don't fit right. I need to seriously start going through this thread and reading the suggestions. Seems every one I buy cuts into the underarm side of my boob.  Strangely enough, my boobs start to itch when I've had a bra on for  over an hour???? Anyone else get that?

Terri

• whippetmom
    Options

Are you kidding?  Moi?  Tell husbands and sig others about bra purchases?  No way Jose.  I am keeping my mouth shut.  I already have to scamper to the mailbox before DH, lest there is a package which he will certainly scrutinize, wondering how I could POSSIBLY need another bra.... 

Terri:  Then you probably need to try a 34 band and go to a DD or an E cup, because the cups on the 34 band bra will be narrower and the wires will not be in the armpit.  What is your ribcage measurement? If you are truly a 36 band, you are just barking up the wrong bra tree. 

• val61
    Options

I'm thinking the same philosophy that I apply to shoes must go for bras, too........there is a perfect shoe/bra for every outfit.....and a closet full of shoes/bras is a happy closet!

One of the hardest things about Friday.....other than the discomfort with the tats......was that my recent order from BareNecessities arrived......and I couldn't try on my bras!

• my560sel
    Options

Deborah,

I just measured from under my arms across the upper part of my chest and I am 36. Then across the widest part of my boobs I'm 39.5! That would make me a 36D right? Except when I wear a 36 D I get the wire digging into the side of my boobs especially on the right side. I guess I didn't explain it right - the bras are not digging into my underarm, it's like the cup is too small and they are digging into my boob on the underarm side, not the cleavage part. I hate to say this but I guess I need to go and try on an E cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: You gals that are still working are lucky. You can shop and hide pkgs and hubby will never know. At my house, the money all comes from the same pot and he sees EVERYTHING !!!!!!!! Oh how I long for the freedom I had when I was working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri

• val61
    Options
    Terri - I agree with Whippetmom - it sounds like the wires just aren't wide enough for you.  Yes, that means you need an E.....or maybe even an F...  Surprised    And as for the money, I'm like you.....I don't really work (just a few areobics classes and occasional shifts in retail.......but I do keep the books in the family, so that definitely helps!......
  • whippetmom
    Options

Terri:  I see what you mean and I agree with Val - you need to try a 36E. 

• my560sel
    Options
    OMG !!!!

• vmudrow
    vmudrow Member Posts: 415
    Options

I can't wait to go bra shopping!!  You guys are too funny.  I wonder what size I will be - wasn't even big enough for an A cup before - makes me laugh.

MooreTennis - so do you play tennis?  I play 4.5 league and can play seniors this year as I turn 50 in December!  I love tennis!!

• juliempw
    juliempw Member Posts: 191
    Options

Val/Deborah, I wonder if we could fit in a trip to nordstom's in vegas.  I would love to have you along for bra shopping.

Julie 

• Lilah
    Options

Good idea Julie!  I'm pretty sure Deborah has mentioned doing that... we are free all day Saturday and Sunday (I believe).  And depending on when people arrive -- Friday afternoon has potential as well.

• whippetmom
    Options

Julie:  I think that would be a great idea.  We could just all converge on Nordstrom's on our own or I could call and schedule an appointment with a fitter who knows how to fit the reconstructed breast.  Saturday would probably be the best day to do this - after breakfast - before pool time?  What do you think?  Appointment or no appointment?

• whippetmom
    Options

Terri:  The ribcage vs. mound measurement on the bra websites does not work for the reconstructed breast, because the mound measurement does not factor in the width.  The projection is diminished on the reconstructed breast but the width makes up for the lack of projection.  So yes, you would even possible be an F cup in some bras. 

• Lilah
    Options

Deborah -- appointment!  We may be converging with a lot of ladies :)

• whippetmom
    Options

Okie dokie Lilah....I'll call them!