Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

Wow - I just tried on this bra

http://www.herroom.com/Natori-137001-Body-Doubles-Lace-Trim-Contour-Soft-Cup-Bra.shtml?cm_mmc=csse-_-HerRoom-_-nextag-_-137001&zmam=24771125&zmas=1&zmac=4&zmap=5074

It's a great one for uni boobs

it has enough support to pull up the real boob and enough give to get around the foob

i usually get a 38 C but bought the 36 C - it doesnt leave a gap in the middle of the foob this way

i feel like a woman again instead of a mutant boob lady - i'm sick of sports bras lol

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Claire - that's one that we've recommended  a lot for those who want a wire-free bra.  Glad you like it.  Hurry for no more mutant boob lady......and save the sports bras for sports!

Oops....guess I haven't listed the wirefree bras yet....I'll get right on that.....after I finish my housework....

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

During chemo, I found this wonderful cleaning service that cleaned once a month for free for women undergoing chemo. Needless to say, I've kept them, and they come tomorrow to make my house beautiful. No cleaning for me this week!

• val61

There's hardly a better feeling than walking into a clean house.........enjoy!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

Thanks Val!  I might have a few other sternum separation styles for you to put up there - I'm working on them right now.  I think it would be a really long intro thread if we posted links for every style, don't you?.  If the bra websites are linked, that should suffice.  Maybe just add that in the search feature on each website, you can enter the style number or name to quickly access the information and photo for that particular bra.  Something like that...

• whippetmom

Val:  It is the Natori 136001 wired style which is up above.  The one which Claire mentioned must be related to this one, but it is wireless.  Could we add a list of bras which are wireless above?  I'll compile the list.  People could PM me with the names of their favorite wireless bras...

• val61

I actually suggested that wireless one for KristenPink and I'm pretty sure she really liked it.  Let's do put that list together, though, and I'll see what I can do to edit the epistle of my original post.

• Goldieknox
    Goldieknox Member Posts: 33

Thank you! I shall start looking for these right away.

• whippetmom

Okay so there is this new bra I am drooling over.  It is not even on the barenecessities or herroom websites yet.  A website called Bra Smythe has it....

http://www.brasmyth.com/shop_detail.php?prodid=1825&deptid=&brandid=&keyword=bras&brafinder=

I was hoping the model's' abs were for sale also, but I don't see them listed anywhere.

• val61

Deborah - Oh, my.......that looks SO comfy.....no 30 though, darn it!.....I could do a 32, though...,Smile

I'll be away from my computer for the weekend, so take your time pulling the list together.  Thanks for doing that.

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936

Darn, I hate when they don't sell the accompanying abs!!!

• val61
    Deborah - I almost forgot to tell you......guess what my darling son brought home for me from work yesterday?.........a TaTaTamer!   Smile   It does run small in the cup....even though it's wireless, the D didn't cut it.....just to warn you.  I don't think it's enough support for much impact, but should work for pilates.  I'll test it for you next week.
  • whippetmom

Val....how SWEET of him!!!  How funny though....did he have to tell his boss he was buying it for his mom?

• Luna5
    Luna5 Member Posts: 532

Are these style 45s really that different that I have 800 ccs on a 5' 3" frame and I still wear my old 36 D bras?  I actually have one new bra that is a 36 C.  Everybody else is talking DDs, Es and Fs ???

Here is the bra I wear...Is it okay?  or should I switch?  I like it because I can adjust it from the front while it is on instead of having to take it off and guess.

www.herroom.com/Maidenform-7959-One-Fabulous-Fit-Demi-Underwire-Bra.shtml

I usually get mine from Pennys or Macys...but I found this example on the herroom site which I have never used.

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Bra Smythe is the store I found in a mall near me -- where I got my Chantelle bra!  Deborah -- I love that pinstripe bra... so pretty; love the clean lines.   Sigh...underwire.  I wonder if I'll ever be allowed to wear underwire again.

Luna -- I love that bra!  Very pretty. 

• niteowl
    niteowl Member Posts: 6

Thanks for this great information!

• val61

Deborah - yep....that's what he told them....of course, I had to pay full price.....I'm wearing it now, actually as I'm ready to go to pilates.  I think it doesn't run quite as big in the cup as I'd thought, as it comes up a bit high under the arms for me.  I'm really between the D and DD, I guess.

Luna - it's not as strange as you think....the 45's are much narrower than other implant styles with the same volume.  Most of us need the D's and DD's to accommodate our width rather than projection.  You probably have more upper pole fullness & projection than we do, which wouldn't impact the cup - particularly underwire ones - as much.  Hope that helps.

• mlrbelle
    mlrbelle Member Posts: 24

Hello, fellow bra addicts!  I just returned from the Nordstrom sale, where I got 2 fantastic Chantelle and CK bras for almost 1/2 price!  Hopefully, DH doesn't check our account balance this morning - nothing like spending $$$ before 10am on a work day LOL!

• cs7777
    cs7777 Member Posts: 303

So Nordstrom is having sales right now?  I've been meaning to make it over there to see if anything they have fits and is comfy, so I guess now would be the time, eh? 

• mlrbelle
    mlrbelle Member Posts: 24

This is their big 1/2 yearly sale, and I think it runs through the weekend.  The one across from my office opened at 7am this morning.  It's the first time I've ventured in on a sale day, and it was an experience even at 9 in the morning LOL!  I couldn't even get to the Estee Lauder counter to replace the foundation my daughters spilled all over my makeup case ...

Worth it, though - I've been waiting for the sale for these 2 bras for a couple months!

• cs7777
    cs7777 Member Posts: 303

ok, thanks.  maybe I'll go this aft when it gets really hot (no AC in my house)

• Anna_M
    Anna_M Member Posts: 88

I am officially a bra addict!  I can't seem to stop buying and buying!  It is so much fun and it makes me feel better about having these new girls.  Val and Deborah, I shared with the hubby that I am not alone and all my other sisters here, thank you for sharing your bra choices and hints!

• whippetmom

Luna:  You might be wearing the wrong bra size also.  Many of the bras we mention - the Freya, Chantelle, Anita - are European bras and one typically needs to or should go down in the band size and up in the cup size with these bras for the best fit.  In that case, you would wear a 34 DD.  But you do need to go and try them on and to be professionally fitted at some point. 

Val:  The Ta Ta Tamer does come in a DD cup for my band size, but it is consistently out of stock on the website. 

• Luna5
    Luna5 Member Posts: 532

I don't think a 34 would fit around my rib cage.  I did order the 36 DD just to see if I needed a bigger cup size and the cups were too big.  But I will keep that sizing info for ordering the European bras.

• val61

Anna - Glad you found us!   We are more than happy to help feed your addiction.....:)

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966

I look forward to going to VS and fitting myself into the non underwire push up bras... maybe next week I can get some time.

I should just buy them on Ebay and be done. In most all other bras i wear a 34D/36C comfortably

I feel your pain Lilah.. no underwire... :(.. I think I am going to like the VS bras for this though. As long as they look amazing under my tee's ( I wear a lot of fitted Tee's) I will be happy.

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Here's hoping for ya Laura!  Me -- I can't do much with a push up bra -- this gummy I've got is not interested in being moved lol.  That said, I think you will find there is definitely some wirefree love waiting for you at VS :) 

• val61

Laura - Let us know how it goes at VS so you can share with us!   (am I'm a fitted T kind of girl, too.....I look lost under loose tops)

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936

Oh great and powerful bra whisperers-

Is there any consensus on a really supportive post exchange sports bra for jogging?