Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• violet_1
    violet_1 Member Posts: 335

Hi ladies. I have found that you just have to try on tons of different bras and styles. At the Nordstrom recent sale I bought 2 Spanx bras that are amazing and feel like you're not wearing anything!!!

They are called BRALICIOUS!!! ROTFL!

• violet_1

Sorry! I meant Spanx Bralleujah!!! Or however ya spell it!!! ;)

• violet_1

Lala:

I see you like Spanx Bralleujah!!

• momto7
    momto7 Member Posts: 114

Can you do Tequila shots after surgery? Well maybe 1 lol

• violet_1

THE BRA I LOVE THE MOST...

is....Drumroll here...

Maidenform's Natural Boost Demi

#9428 / Online info: Web ID #820

AND it's only $38.00 when not on sale...;)

It is UNDERWIRE and goes nicely ALL the way around my implants! The underwire part is soft and the bra is pretty/sexy w/ lace on the sides of an otherwise smooth soft cup.

NOT to confuse this w/ a SIMILAR Maidenform bra: "90th Anniversary Custom Lift Bra-#7175/Web ID: 721868...;)

BUT, you might TRY this one ALSO...it didn't fit ME as well & if I recall, it has less padding than the Natural Boost Demi...although the Demi isn't padded too much at all...:)

I get the bras at MACY'S & they are on SALE right now--buy 2 get 3rd one FREE or take 20 % off.

I've tried TONS of bras on and the Natural Boost Demi is the ONLY bra that doesn't hurt my L. Trouble foob aside from the Spanx one..;)

The SPANX BRALLEUJAH is super comfy also, but it has SUPER WIDE STRAPS (for extra comfort), so the straps sometimes peek out from my shoulder when I'm wearing a T-shirt...;) YET, the Bralleujah IS the best most comfy bra for me to wear around the house!!!

Because it has front-closure, the BAND is NOT adjustable...BUT, I just yank on it a lot and have been stretching mine out which seems to be working rather well. YAY!!

Hope this info. can help some of you! Anyone tried/ have the bras mentioned? I'd LOVE to hear how/IF they work for YOU.

I wear a 34 C...even though I'm probably a full B cup...;)

• lala1
    lala1 Member Posts: 974

Violet--I did buy the Spanx Brallejuiah because it was so comfy in the store. Home was a totally different story. It was great for about 2 hours then starting really hurting. I bought 3 different ones at the time and all seemed like I had finally found something that would work. All 3 didn't. So back they go. I think I'm just one of those people who may not be able to handle an underwire for a while. I'll see my PS in Sept and talk about the scar tissue where the bra would rest. If that could be dealt with, great. If not, I'll continue to wear nonwire and hope one day I can get in a really cute undewire. My girls look great...PS did a great job matching boob and foob. Just wish I could show them off! Val61 suggested I try some demi bras so I'll go look at your Maidenform suggestion, but I'm sure I just need time. I also need a visit to Nordstroms for the gold standard of bra fitting!!

By the way, Val61 said to tell everyone hi and she would come visit soon!

• violet_1

Lala:

Awww...your scars are on the fold UNDER your foobs? Is that correct? Am sure that makes it harder to find comfy bras...

But at least there are way more bras now that act like under wire but are not...;)

• owlwatcher
    owlwatcher Member Posts: 63

violet you are only 34c sigh... now after surgery i am 34 ddd or 32 f. if i buy another bra my husband will divorce me. but thanks for the tips.

• violet_1

Owl:

I can't even imagine having that big/ heavy of implants!!! Don't they hurt? But I actually wanted to be a bit BIGGER--size C cup..which translates to I'd probably be wearing a D bra...;)

My skin on the left side couldn't handle being stretched much more and my PS didn't want my TE fills to go to my sides too much, so we stopped earlier than I had wanted... but I'm tiny petite..

so this size actually fits me perfectly...:)

What size were you before the exchange?

Violet

• lala1

Violet--My mx scar is straight across the center of my foob. It's the scar left behind by the drains that bothers me. Well, there isn't really a scar you can see, it just caused scar tissue to build up in that spot. It's right at the area that the underwire would curve up around the side of the foob. And oddly enough, my skin is also very sore and sensitive underneath the foob, kinda where the Alloderm must be sitting or where I would imagine if I'd had the anchor incision (although I didn't), the scar would be. And to top it all off, I still have swelling (or something) along the side of the rib cage so any bra I wear leaves deep marks along the MX side but barely any mark along the native side. I know it can't still be swelling from surgery, but I can't imagine what else it could be. My PS says he can't see what I'm talking about. Oooh boy, sometimes I feel like I complain alot!!

Also, what kind of bras act like underwire but aren't? I just figured if it's not underwire then it's not supportive enough for implants and that's why I need to try to wear an underwire. Is that not the case?

• owlwatcher
    owlwatcher Member Posts: 63

violet im petite too i was about 36 d. well i thought i was. so yes they are enormous for me but like ive said before im getting a lot of attention from men and some women! yes they are heavy by the way i told ps i wanted to be smaller..so much for that

• mnsusan
    mnsusan Member Posts: 139

I'm headed to Nordstrom this morning for my first post exchange fitting. Excited!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669

MNsusan:  I'm on my way this afternoon to the closest Nordstroms we have (3 hours) for a fitting tomorrow!!  No underwire allowed yet but I can't wait to get a couple of colorful, girly, HOOK-IN-THE-BACK bras again!

• mnsusan
    mnsusan Member Posts: 139

Thirty minutes with Leslie, the kind and competent bra fitter at Nordstrom, and I'm back in business.  I got three lovely 36DDs to start me off.  An Amoena Lara SB 0674 for everyday, a Wacoal Sport style 856114 for a sport bra, and a Chantelle 1241 for dress up.  I'm a happy camper.

Have fun S&S!  My closest Nordstrom is at the Mall of America about 20 minutes away - talk about big malls!!  lol

• violet_1

MN

YAY on bra scores! Woot! You go girl...:)

• sweetandspecial

Great success at Nordstrom (Somerset) in Troy, MI!  Joanne helped me find three terrific non-underwire bras to get me through the next several weeks until PS says UW are ok.  Also have a 'wish list' started of many UWs I tried on and would love to purchase later.  Oooohhhh, it feels sooooo good to have a real, hook-in-the-back bra on that makes me feel pretty all under! Big smile Smile!!

We're off to the Woodward Dream Cruise shortly so I'll update y'all on brand names and such later.  Oh, but I can tell you I'm a 36DD or 36DDD depending on the brand, style, etc.  I was wearing a 36D from Victoria Secret before BMX so I'd have to say I'm pretty much back to normal, size wize, just perkier!

After trying on so many bras I can see why so many of y'all get so excited about it.  I'm thinking I need a different bra for every day of the week, if not the month!

Cya later!

• Rose63
    Rose63 Member Posts: 91

Lisa Jayne: I'm curious what you bought for the interim! I'm holding off on my official Nordie sizing till I'm cleared for underwires later. So for now I'm fumbling around on my own. Size wise I've found myself to be pretty consistently fitting a 34D very well....snug, with good cup coverage, but still comfortable.

Finding the right amount of compression/support has been a challenge for me! My TE's moved into my pits, so I want to be sure my new girls stay put! Also, my 'lift' stitch area just plain feels better when in a very supportive bra.

So far my best has been a Bali Concealers wirefree model #3413 which I found on a Ross Dress for Less rack for $6 Smile!! The 'concealers' feature is kind of lost on me, LOL, but it has great support.  I'm alternating between this and my two Marena surgical bras that also, of course, have great support.

I have an order in at JCPenney for 2 Bali Comfort Rev #3550's. By the way JCPenney has a pretty good sale on those now too - can you tell I'm a never pay retail kind of gal? Hope they fit and work like my other bali. Will get those next week.

Any ideas and/or advice about what has worked for others would be welcome. Thanks ladies.

• sweetandspecial

Rose, I won't be home til later tonight so I'll let you know the brands/styles that I ended up with later, k?  The one I've worn all day has been comfortable so far

• Rose63

Lisa Jayne: Of course - when you can! Enjoy your day. Sounds like a fun time!

• lala1

Rose--let me know how the Bali 3550 works for you. I am about a 34D like you although a couple of fitters are telling me 36D. It's just the 36D fits nice around the band but has too much extra room in the cups while the 34D is a bit snug but the cups fit. I went to JCP to try the 3550 and they only had 36C, not 34D. I was surprised at how big it was on me! It felt pretty loose and I had extra room in the cups as well. But I also tried on the Bali 3463, which I can't tell what makes it different from the 3550, and it fit me great in the 34D. Anyhoo, just will be curious to see how they fit you. Now I'm going to try to figure out what the difference is between the 3550 and the 3463!!

• Rose63

Lala, now I'm confused! Online it seems the 3463 does not come in anything smaller than 36, and is called a 'full figure wireless' in some descriptions. So I thought that was the difference. But you say you tried on a 34D? mmmm....

If 34D is your best size, I'm not surprised the 36D's feel too big overall. But the 36C was too big in the 3550? Well, I will let you know how the 34D works out as soon as I get it next week.

• Rose63

Yup, there it is at Bare Necessities in 34C and D! Ok, so that's not it.

• lala1

Rose--posted to you in Exchange City. This 3463 is NOT comfy! It is a 34D but hits in all the wrong spots! Dang! I had high hopes! It fits pretty good but instead of encasing my boobs softly, it rubs across them and is especially painful where I have slight feeling near my cleavage. Oh well, try, try again. Let me know how the 3550 works!

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

FYI - For those of you who post on the picture thread there is a "Post Your Bras" thread there.  If you're having difficulty trying to describe fitting issues or want to see what a certain bra looks like on a real person rather than a lingerie model it might be helpful.  I just bumped the thread there.  Sorry if this is old news...

• mamatwinz
    mamatwinz Member Posts: 193

I have been in nonwire since exchange 4/23 and now again after 8/6 revision...itwas stressful finding this bra..so not too thrilled to look again, but maybe once properly sized, it will be better. Plus after exchange I was sore under right foob from pocket work, so I would try one on and it would feel irritated, and I was like next! My Bali is great..kinda sport bra ish with back.closure..sizing was xsmall on up..very easy to size..very comfy..! But I am in a wedding next week and need a strapless bra..and am also worried about bruising I still have from revision 8/6. I also have some semi sheer blouses/tops that just do not look right with this all cotton sport ish bra... I had asked ps nurse re underwire vs no underwire and she said either, but just to make sure underwire is wide enough to go completely arond/outside of implant and not sit on it in any way. I will ask him at follow up in Sept regarding long term..but I maymay be different from you guys with my anatomicals..??!? Dulci, I mentioned my bra in other post, but my bra doesn't have name on it..I will check kohls..that is where I git it..I know its Bali and super comfortable..do not even feel it on, sleep in it too!!

• HGL4969
    HGL4969 Member Posts: 4

Hi. Body by Victoria wireless at Victoria Secrets is a comfy one that gives you a nicely shaped profile. I believe all the straps are detachable .. At least on one end. Good Luck

• Rose63

Lala - got my Bali 3550's today, and I'm test driving it right now as I clicky-clack this out. So far so good! The 34D fits perfectly. The band seemed ever slightly on the big side when I first put it on, but I did hook it on the loosest hooks anyway cause I wanted to see if that would work. And yes, sitting here now the band feels snug, so that is good. The cups are nicely supported and fit very well. Haven't felt them at all so far, and I've had it on for about 1.5 hours so far. So yeah, so far so good! I'll let you know if it changes, but so far I give the 3550 a two thumbs up.

I have a Bali 3232 being delivered from an EBay vendor tomorrow. This is another wireless that looks similar to the Bali 3413 I found at Ross that I love love love the fit of. Hopefully this 3232 will fit as great. This should take care of my wire-free bra wardrobe.

Now, I saw my PS today for my PostOp, and I asked if I will be able to do underwires eventually, and he said oh, of course,  probably at around the 6 week mark (YAY!!). So I asked why not now? And he said really it is more for my comfort than anything else. I have some internal 'lift' suturing on my right IMF that is quite sore, and he feels an underwire at this point would put too much pressure on that and be too painful. ...So...  while at Ross the other day buying my no-wires, I also bought a Calvin Klein underwire cause I just couldn't pass it up. Now from what my PS said, I think I'll take it down off the shelf tomorrow and try it for an hour or so to see if I think I'll want to keep it. WooHooSmileSmile.

• Rose63

Tina: thanks for bumping the bra thread on the picture forum. I spent some 20 hours or so happily  looking at bras there! What a great resource. I'm hoping to get some pictures taken, and my courage up, and post over there soon.

• sweetandspecial

I really must get more familiar and educated with the picture forum. Every time I go there I get frustrated because it doesn't seem very intuitive to me Yell.

• Rose63

Lisa Jayne, I sent you a PM. Hope it helps.