Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Delilahbear - First, congratulatins on the SOMA job!  Kiss 

And a bra with air inserts to even out the girls and lift them up ... that's right up there with getting a man on the moon!  Wink  Amazing!

• Estel

Hey ladies,

I have a question for all of you.  Had quite an accomplishment this afternoon with my trainer.  I've been working with her since January and she's gone slow and been really patient and I've really benefitted greatly in working out with her.  Today, she moved up my weight with tricep pull-downs (10 to 20lbs) and biceps curls (6 to 9 lbs).   Triceps was tough and I did only 2 sets of 5 reps. 

And of course, expectedly, my left side is hurting tonight.  (I'm not worried because my left side ALWAYS hurts when I try new things).  I switched bras and it still hurt until I put on my Freya "Eleanor" and no joke within 2 minutes the pain was gone.  I don't understand it, but that bra is like a miracle worker for pain (at least for me).  

My question is this:  What is your go-to bra for comfort?  If you've done too much or you just feel achey for whatever reason, what bra provides comfort for you?

I'm just curious!  Smile  

• Estel

I don't mean to hog the thread ... but I just found this:  If you order from figleaves ... it's free shipping until August 1st!

• Cameron
    Cameron Member Posts: 128

My go-to bra is my first Freya: the mocha Pollyanna.  It is so comfortable that if I could buy 10 more, I would.  It is beyond comfy.  My other Freyas are great, but even my other Pollyannas aren't quite as amazing.  I just bought another one on ebay that was called "caramel" it looks the same but has peach ribbons instead of dark brown.  I think I'll always be looking for those dark brown ribbon roses! 

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

Mine is the Anita 5490, which looks like a battleship, but it is comfy and it makes my girls look good.

• Estel

Thanks Cameron & whippetmom!

Since "Eleanor" is discontinued I'm on the hunt. 

Edited to add:  whippetmom - I'm going to add this Anita to my short list of bras I'm going to get next.  I tried an Anita in a 30D back in the days that 30d's hit me too close to the lateral side of my implants and really hurt me.  Those days are over.  I'm going to check out the one you posted.  I've been looking for a smooth cup ivory/white/tan in a 30d I can wear w/ t-shirts and if it helps with pain too ... that's a double yay!  thanks!

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Ralston - So glad you're getting some relief and help from a good PT!  Keep up the good work!

Cameron - I love my mocha Pollyanna, too....actually on my second one.....it and it's black sibling (for which I have matching "knickers") are definitely my favorites!  

Dawne-Hope-See what happens when you hang out on Figleaves.com for too long?   I'm speaking British now!  (actually, I like "knickers" far better than "panties")   Smile      

• Estel
    val - I like 'knickers' better too!  When I was a kid I thought knickers were what we now call 'capri' pants.  Imagine my confusion ...!?  EmbarassedWink
  • val61

I'm pretty sure I tried that Anita 5490 bra last year - I'll double check - and the cups were too big for me.   Maybe need to try it again.....

• val61

OMG, THOSE knickers!!!!    The ones that were snug around the knees!     Almost as bad as gaucho pants!

• Soccermom4force
    Soccermom4force Member Posts: 311

http://shopcoobie.com/shop?c=bras

Just heard about these from a non recon gal. Seems anyone can wear these comfy bras!

Marcia

• greytcruise
    greytcruise Member Posts: 62

Val61, I have just sent you 2 private messages, really  need help with bras.

Thanks,greytcruise

• redskyatnight
    redskyatnight Member Posts: 80

Soccermom, I wore coobie bras throughout my tissue expansion. They were the most comfortable.

• Estel

I was taking a little break from writing this evening and what else was parousing bra sites and just want you all to know that Nordstroms Rack online has a new slew of bras on sale as cheap as $18.  There aren't any in my size ... but go check it out! 

val61- Thank you for posting your lingerie organizer.  I had a hard time visualizing what it looked like ... thanks!  And I have questions!   Kiss

• val61

Dawne-Hope - do you think people think we're a bit antisocial and nerdy hanging out on our computers and looking at bras on a Saturday night?   Well.......I AM!    Kiss

Greytcruise - Just PM'd you with info, plus posted on your bra thread on the pic forum.  Let me know!   

Just for chuckles.......I found this while I was doing a bit of research tonight......VERY expensive, but the mere thought is intriguing, I must admit......just wish they had a picture......

http://www.thongbra.com/

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies!    And happy shopping wherever that might be!  

• Estel

yep ... a nerd and anti-social ... only on Saturday nights, though!  Wink

wow on the thongbra.  Click on 'where to buy' and it will show you a picture.  whoa ... kind of shocking at first but I can totally see why it would work.  No compression whatsoever on the foobs, though ... maybe if you wore a compression shirt over it?  

• slinky
    slinky Member Posts: 166

I finally went to get professionally fitted at Nordys.  I measured 30G.  The swelling must have gone down, because I now fit a 30F.  I was told not to wear underwire, but the underwires are so much prettier than non-wire.  I purchased a couple of underwires and took out the wire. The bands fit perfectly and the cups fit nicely!  I guess it doesn't matter at this point since I am getting the implants swpped out in four weeks. 

• val61

Frantastic, Slinky!   So glad you had a successful Nordies fitting!  If you don't mind, could you remind me about the reason for your upcoming exchange?  My Arimidex-affected brain thanks you.....

I checked out the picture of the Thongbra.  Sort of looks like a sports bra worn backwards.  If given enough time with my sewing machine, I bet I could construct something similar for far less than $125!

Stay cool ladies and have a fantastic week!

• slinky

Val, the cancerside has dropped 1" lower than the other side.  The textured implants are all rippled and has tracture ripples.  They are very wide for my body and there are divots in various places.  I think they are very ugly.  They even feel all ripply! 

Whippetmom was spot-on about textured versus smooth.  Unfortuately, I am at high risk for capsular contracture with the smooth, but I will take that chance.  Also, I don't think it will look quite as bad as the textured implants.  The new PS will be putting alloderm over the thin areas - maybe down the road if this does not take care of the ripples, fat grafting will be done.  The PS is planning on narrowing the internal pocket and using the same 650 cc's but in the Allergan 45.  Hopefully, this will be "good enough" for me.  I just feel that I don't have to settle for something that I think looks and feels terrible.  My family and friends think I am being too critical and nobody is going to see me naked.  True, but I don't feel like I have to "settle" for mediocre.

• Estel

slinky - The Allergan 45's - are those the 'gummy' implants (anatomicals)?  I still don't have all the lingo straight!  Embarassed 

You're a small gal if you're wearing a 30band and the ripples from the textured implants, I think, would just be more pronounced on a thin woman.  It sounds like a wise choice to swap them but I'm sorry you have to go through another surgery.  Since it will be the same cc's you have now ... I would think it would be likely that your bra size won't change?  The shape may be different than what you have now but the hopefully the size won't be much different.  Hopefully this second time will be much better than mediocre.  Blessings & peace to you!  [[hugs]]

• Estel

val61- I posted questions regarding your lingerie drawer on the pic forum but I'll post them here too.

1)  Where did you find such a contraption?  I want one!  Cool

2)  Being as I'm a newbie to matching bras & knickers Wink ... do you keep the knickers in the same drawer as the bras or do they have their own drawer? 

Why didn't our mommas cover this stuff with us when we went through puberty?  I'm 41 and so clueless!  EmbarassedWink

• slinky

Dawnehope, no my new implants will be high profile smooth round implants.  Since all this cancer stuff started, I have dropped five pounds - being thin, the weight loss is really pronounced.  Yes, the ripples are very visible on a thin person with thin skin.  Two strikes against me already!  Hopefully, the layer of alloderm will hide some of the ripples.  At least I know fat grafting is another option in the future.  But yeah, four surgeries in eight months is stressful! No wonder I have lost weight and some of my hair!

• Estel

thanks for setting me straight, ladies!  :)

slinky - I'm a 30band too and I have ripples and I don't have textured implants.  I can't imagine...

A lot of ladies have had great success with fat grafting. The 45's sound like a great match for you.   

• val61

Thanks for the info, Slinky!  My PS took both Style 20's and Style 45's into the OR for me, but the 45's didn't work at all.  In order to get the adequate width I needed in the 45's, he needed to use 500cc implants at the minimum, and I simply didn't have enough skin.  My 425's were enough of a squeeze, believe me!   Also, although I have a long torso, I've very short from shoulder to waist, so those 45's would literally have been up to my neck!  I think you'll be much happier with the smooth implants, so keep us posted!

Yep, those of us in the "thin bodythin foob skin club"  are not lucky in the rippling department.  Frown   In fact, just yesterday I noticed the beginnings of my first ripple on my right side.....DARNIT!   I don't see my PS til September (he's slowly weaning me...lol), but I wanted to run right over there!  I know there's nothing I can do, except keep wearing a bra!  Thankfully, my left side is so well stitched in place after my revision, it's not going anywhere, so way less likely to ripple......

Dawne-Hope -  Sorry, hadn't been back to the pic forum after I posted my lingerie drawer pics!  As for the organizers, I got them from the Container Store:    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/drawerOrganizers?productId=10014593     And yes, the knickers are right there on the left of my unlined bras (I think the first pic showed them all)......folded in thirds......organized by color......and style......Laughing

• greytcruise
    greytcruise Member Posts: 62

Val, I thats it!  I am sure this is what I need, the thong bra!

Greytcruise

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Dawne -- the gummy is the Allergan 410 :)

Hope you all had a good weekend!  I was travelling... sorry I missed the fun.  At the moment my Go To comfy bra is the Wacoal Beyond Basic (in black lace)... SO comfy!

• Estel

Lilah - 410's style 45 ... they both have 4's in them!  Embarassed  The Wacoal Beyond Basic ... is that an underwire or non-underwire? 

Appreciate all of you chiming in on your go-to comfy bra.  Very helpful!

val61- You're my hero!  Wink  I'm totally getting one!  Cool

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Dawne -- yes as Cindy said, it's underwire.  I posted a photo on my bra thread on the Pic Forum.  It's really pretty!

• redskyatnight
    redskyatnight Member Posts: 80

Lilah,

Many thanks for your message on recommending no wire bras. I ordered the Anita that you showed on the "Post your Bras" pic forum - it looks comfy and supportive. 

• dgmlmax
    dgmlmax Member Posts: 7

Thanks